Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meeta Sharma
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meeta SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I had a preventative cerclage put in at 20 week. It's going to be removed today (37w running). Pls tell me about the time between removal and onset of labour. Awaiting for your response.
Can a sexually transmitted disease can be spread from one person to another while eating or drinking something or sleeping. Answer as soon as possible.
I'm 23 years old girl, I am taking medicine for cyst and thyroid from a homeopathic Doctor for past 6 months, before that I was taking medicine for dinner same problem from allopathic, I had to change because it was not suiting me, but I am not able to control my hairfall, it is in very bad condition, please help me.
I have take ipill Jan 4, then I get period Jan 10. Again I get period that month jan 28. After 7 days I ovulate. That day and next day I get sex (for second baby) I start continue backache to that day. It don't go back. 10th day of ovulation I have period like cramps. I am 32 days cycle. Please tell me this month when my period come?
Age: 31 yrs, Health Issue: PCOD Period missed: I am in 38th day Symptom: No Symptom of pregnancy like vomiting, tiredness, nausea. What could be the reason? Is that pcod stopping my periods or something else.
I'm 39years old and have a big lump on my left breast. It is not painful at all. Please let me know if I have to get any surgery done.
I had sex a day before my periods and a day after my periods. We used condom and also I took ipill after that. My periods date was 28, but now its about 13 days more after my due date, can there be any possibility of getting pregnant. I can't feel any changes in my body nothing. I'm very tensed. Kindly please answer.
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin, which is essential for various functions and it is not produced or stored by the body, so it is important that the food contains adequate amount of it. It plays a vital role in heart, eyes, skin, and prenatal health and immunity. Long-term non-availability of vitamin C can lead to various symptoms, which though are not immediately threatening, can turn dangerous in the long run.
- Bruised skin: Easy bruising is one of the early symptoms of vitamin C deficiency. There could be capillaries which appear superficial and have an increased tendency to bruise and bleed. There could also be unexplained reddish purple marks on the skin in people who have low levels of vitamin C.
- Bleeding gums: Another major indicator of vitamin C deficiency is swollen gums that tend to bleed easily. This again is related to their role in collagen formation and if not identified and treated in the early phases, it can lead to severe gum inflammation, periodontal disease, and even loss of teeth.
- Slow wound healing: Vitamin C has an important role to play in connective tissue formation, and if there is less of vitamin C in the body, collagen formation is delayed. This can lead to prolonged and delayed healing of wounds, even simple ones like cuts and bruises. The added role of vitamin C as an immune booster also leads to reduced healing when there is vitamin C deficiency.
- Nosebleeds: Frequent unexplained nosebleeds is another sign of vitamin C deficiency. Reduced amounts of vitamin C make the capillaries fragile causing them to bleed easily.
- Dry skin: While weather does determine if the skin is dry or normal, vitamin C also does. The decreased levels of collagen can lead to an unhealthy skin which can turn red and can be dry and can also lead to keratosis pilaris, which is an accumulation of melanin pigments in the skin. Good amounts of vitamin D helps as a good anti-ageing agent and reduces wrinkles and retains moisture. It also has sun protective effects and antioxidant properties.
- Unexplained weight gain: Vitamin C plays a vital role in fat metabolism and therefore deficiency leads to weight accumulation, especially around the waist. It helps oxidise fat and so helps in weight regulation.
- Lowered immunity: Vitamin C deficiency affects the body’s susceptibility to infections, making it prone to more severe and frequent infections. People catching a common cold very frequently could be suffering from vitamin C deficiency.
- Emotional health: Vitamin C is also a mood regulator, so inadequate amount can lead to depression. Try eating a juicy orange and see yourself feeling better! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.