Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meeru PrasadYour feedback matters!
"Men get naughty at 40 forty" but for women, the case may be very-very different. By their thirtieth birthday, many women begin complaining of a lowered libido or lack of interest in sex with their partner. This can be quite frustrating for both partners and can lead to a rift in the relationship. Hence, it becomes essential to pay attention to this condition.
The first step to finding a solution to any problem is to understand the factors that trigger it. Some causes for a lowered libido in women are:
- Birth Control and Medication: Birth control essentially manipulates the hormone levels in the body. While this may prevent unwanted pregnancies, a lowered libido is a common side effect of birth control medication. Antidepressants also have similar side effects.
- Over Working: Working hard is a good thing but too much of a good thing can have a negative effect on your health. In this case, overworking may lead to stress, anxiety, fatigue and burnout. This can lead to a weakened adrenal gland. The adrenal glands are responsible for the production of testosterone and in this way, working too hard can be the reason for women to not enjoy sex as much as they once used to.
- Hormonal Changes: With age, every woman faces hormonal changes. This can result in a lack of lubrication making intercourse uncomfortable. Over time, this can lower libido considerably.
- Ways to Enhance a Woman's Libido: A lowered libido isn't something you have to quietly accept. Here are a few ways to enhance a woman's libido.
- Go on a date: Intercourse is as much an emotional exercise as it is a physical one. Cutting back from other responsibilities, work, children etc and spending time alone with your partner can help you emotionally reconnect with him.
- Meditation: Meditation can help calm the mind and reduce stress. This, in turn, will enhance the production of testosterone in the adrenal glands and thereby enhance libido. Meditation can also help you disconnect from worries and tensions that may be weighing you down.
- Medication: When it comes to a diminished libido, medication may be an effective form of treatment, but it must be tailored to the individual. While estrogen skin creams may be beneficial for some women, others may benefit from testosterone supplements. A few antidepressants can also enhance a woman's libido by increasing dopamine and norepinephrine levels. Viagra can also help enhance a woman's libido especially in cases where the lowered libido was caused by antidepressants.
I am 33 years old, in my 17th week of pregnancy, I did my blood test and found that my Rbc is 4 (normal range starts from 4.5) my hemoglobin is 12%. Is it ok or the Ebc count is a concern?
My question is what is the difference between fetal age and gestation age in first trimsterpregnency.
I am having irregular periods -diagnosed with pcod. I was consulting Dr. on regular basis when ever I fcae a irregularity went through frequent thyroid tests (normal levels) n took medication like crisanta for six months after few months again irregularity raised then took primolut n for two months with a time gap again this month period has not come yet. What to do (i m doing exercise regularly. Can there be any permanent stop to this problem. I am vexd with all this medications n consulting dr's oftenly please Help me out by suggesting. A right course of action. Plz.
I am 43 years old female. During my menstruation period, I have to face with terrific bleeding everyday until my days get over. It harasses me every time. The menopause has not yet come. I consulted gynecologist. But it doesn't work to me. I even tried by placing copper T but no effect. Please Dr. Help me here. Already I am suffering from less hemoglobin and that too O negative blood group.
Hello mam. Mujhe period huwa tha 12 may ko n mera iui huwa hai 28 may ko. Today is 12 but mujhe period nhi aaya. Mc date ke 2-3 din phle ho jati hai. Toh kya meri pregrency ke chances hai? Mujhe pregrency test kb karna chahiye?
My period date is 19th September, I wanted to be pregnant so please tel me when is my ovulation date. Please explain.
My wife is complete 5 month pregnancy and she suffering from dental pain can I give any pain killer medicine like ibrufen paracetamol or diclofenac paracetamol or any other medicine kindly give me your valuable reply.
Adolescence is a time when boys and girls begin to establish greater independence from their parents. It is also a time when young people begin to develop the sense of personal individuality that will help define their future identity as adults. In fact, establishing independence and forming a unique identity are two of the most important developmental tasks adolescents must accomplish in preparation for living satisfying and productive adult lives.
Some parents find it easy to keep the lines of communication open with an adolescent child. However, many families find it difficult to establish and maintain open communication with their child during the adolescent years. Irrespective of whether you are the mother or the father, if you happen to feel that your communication with your blue-eyed boy is lacking in the essential warmth and honesty, it is probably time to sit back, shed the shroud of loftiness and solemnity and talk it out with him. Remember, lack of honest and warm conversations with your child can make all those wonderful plans go awry and adversely impact his future relationship with you.
Don’t worry yet, because here are a few honest and simple tips that could help your child overcome all doubts and share all those things which he once swore to never tell you.
- If the television is switched on, switch it off while talking to your child. This helps the child understand that you do give him the attention he needs. Again, this is one of the most important things he will ever crave for; Attention. Isn’t it!
- Don’t talk over the telephone while you are conversing with your child. If you get a call that can be done without, do not take it.
- Remember, the adolescent years can be the trickiest. With hormones swaying perpetually, your child might be infuriated if you held conversations that were supposed to be in private, out in the open or in front of that high-handed neighbor of yours. Give your child the respect he deserves, don’t rush anything. Rather, talk to him in private when he feels safe. This will help in bettering his clarity of thought and actions, thus enhancing the quality of conversation even more.
- It is surely easier said than done. However, with a child at home, try not to take back office chores to house. Sort out office issues where they need to be sorted; so that once you get back, you can give him the time to tell you how his day was. Listen to him and don’t judge him. Remember, your child needs a loving parent who can listen to him brag about his school grades rather than just a rigid and overbearing judge of his actions. A hearty tete-a tete never fails to spin its own magic on the child.
- Schedule one-on-one activities with your child once every week as that can help in better your bonding. It also helps if you learn about what you child is particularly interested in, such as activities like music or sports.
- Listen to them, even if they sound absurd. The key point here is to hear them out patiently and then respond. Avoid butting in with your opinions even before they stop talking. Such a disdainful demeanor will only lessen his confidence the next time she wants to discuss something important and personal.
- Do not respond scornfully. Avoid using expletives or even expressing strong reactions when it can be done without. Bear in mind the weight of words before you spurt out something rudimentarily insulting to your child. Remember, he is just a kid. Dealing with him high-handedly and in a condescending manner can and will only make matters worse.
- Consider how your child feels before you say or do something. His mental capacities are not well formed and developed yet, so it is only natural for his not to see things the way you see.
- While constructive criticism is healthy, criticizing him at every step he takes will only lead to feelings of worthlessness and subsequent psychological problems. Don’t let him feel that he’s not good enough. Give him the time to show you what he’s got, and you shall be amazed.
- Allow your baby to make his own choices in some cases, provided the consequences are not serious. This will make his responsible in the long run.
Hello doctor meri shaddi ko 7 mahine ho gye hai, mahine me takriban hum bahot baar sex karte hai bt abhi tak mere pregnant hone ke lakshan dikai nahi diye kya mujhme koi problem ho sakti hai aur aisa kyun please tell me.
I am 24 weeks pregnant and suffering from severe abdominal cramps due to lose motions and stomach upset. Please advise how to get relief from stomachache. Thank you.
If there is any problem I got the pregnancy using the EPILIVE (five hundred mg) medicine.there is any effect to the baby? Please explain it.
I am Daksha Punse, I am consulting dietician at 'all about diet'. All about diet is an online platform where we provide online consultancy for healthy weight loss dieting. We have helped thousands of people across globe to achieve their weight loss target and changed the lifestyle of people suffering from PCOS, diabetes, hypertension, thyroid, etc. Today we are going to talk about PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome). Today one in 3 woman suffer from PCOS. It’s a condition in which woman’s levels of sex hormones such as estrogen and progesterone are out of balance and leads to the formation of ovarian cyst these are benign masses on the ovaries. This may cause problems with women’s menstrual cycle, fertility, cardiac function and appearance as well.
PCOS is a genetic hormonal disorder which is related to diabetes, it is something with which you are born with. Symptoms typically start appearing usually after puberty, or in few cases not until you are in 30s or 40s. It is myth that PCOS has no cure but the fact is there are treatments that help in improve your health and fertility. Losing weight is one of the most important things you can do. You may be given chlomiphene citrate that will help your body produce more FSH. If you are insulin resistant you may be given a drug called metformin or gluphage that will improve your insulin sensitivity. Depending on the other symptoms that you may have you may be given medications for acne and excess hair growth too.
The fact is losing as little as 5% of your body weight will help you balance your hormonal levels and ovulate normally and bring back your fertility. Because of the way insulin is processed in many women with PCOS, a diet which is low in glycemic index is the most beneficial way to lose weight. You can do certain modifications in your diet for weight loss. Reduce the calories, stick to 1500 k/cal diet. Reduce intake of simple sugars, add more complex sugars to your diet. Increase fiber. Aim for fruits, vegetables and salads. Increase lean protein. And stop eating fatty foods such as pastries, pastas, cakes, biscuits etc. Other than that don’t stress and exercise regularly.
For more information you can contact us through Lybrate.com. Thank You!