Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meeru Prasad
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meeru PrasadYour feedback matters!
Will it be any reason for woman not getting pregnant after sex suddenly going to bathroom to clean up their private part?
I am going to get marry in few months. During first time intercourse whether she feel pain and bleeding? Is it common thing? How to avoid such conditions. Also let me to know whether I too feel paining on that time. Kindly help to know the real circumstances pls. Thank you.
I am a 24 year old female. I have problems with my menstrual cycle, until I take some medicine my periods do not come. I am curious whether I will face any problem during my pregnancy?
Sexual dysfunction is a disorder that is characterized by problems in your sexual life. It can cause you to lose interest and hence, not engage in any sexual activity. This disorder can affect people of all ages, however, the risk of sexual dysfunction increases with age. The usual symptoms of sexual dysfunction are low libido levels and erectile dysfunction.
Sexual Dysfunction in Women:
Low Libido- Low levels of estrogen hormone in your body can lead to low libido. Other causes of low libido are anxiety, fatigue and depression.
Dryness of the Vagina- Vaginal dryness occurs due to hormonal changes that occur in the body once menopause sets in. This leads to pain during sexual intercourse and impaired sexual arousal. Certain psychological issues such as anticipation or fear of painful sex and anxiety can also cause vaginal dryness.
Pain During Sex- Women may experience pain during sexual intercourse which may be caused by dryness in the vagina or endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues out of the uterus). Pain during sex can also be accompanied by a burning sensation in the genitals.
Orgasm Concerns- Certain antidepressant medications can lead to an inability to orgasm. It can also have psychological causes such as anxiety and depression.
Sexual Dysfunction in Men:
Low Libido- In men, a dip in the levels of testosterone in the body can lead to a dip in libido levels. If you are suffering from higher stress levels, it can lead to lack of sexual desire.
Erectile Dysfunction- This is characterized by an inability to get or maintain an erection long enough for unhindered sexual intercourse. This disorder is most likely caused by medical disorders such diabetes and hypertension. It can also be caused by stress and depression.
Ejaculation Problems- Ejaculation problems include both inability to ejaculate and premature ejaculation. Sexual trauma, certain medications and sexual anxiety contribute to this disorder.
Tips to Overcome ED
Consuming herbal preparations to rejuvenate the reproductive organs.
Massaging the body with herbal oil which gives a relief from physical exertion and also acts as aphrodisiac.
Practicing Yoga and Meditation to overcome mental exertion and to cope up with stress.
Sleep at least for 8 hours a day.
Avoiding the consumption of alcohol, tobacco, heroin etc.
Avoid hot, spicy and bitter foods.
Favor sweets, milk products, nuts and urad dal.
Add little ghee in your diet.
Give a gap of four days between two consecutive intercourses
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Ramadan is a much-awaited month for various reasons. While some look forward to it for spiritual reasons, others look for the celebrations, and some others for the delicacies it brings along. Fasting for a full day is always followed by feasting, in most households. Some people begin shopping for stuff about a week or two before the starting date of Ramadan.
While it is definitely a time to feast, it is also important to eat healthy and not binge. The idea is to cleanse the mind and body of all sins, and so it is a good time to get back to better physical shape. Keep the following points in mind when planning the foods for this month-
- Ramadan is a time for cleansing, both physically and mentally, so there is no reason for fasting every single day.
- Because you fast through the day, it is not necessary to eat excessively over the time when it is possible. The body’s requirements do not change significantly, as there are always food reserves in the body
- Oily and greasy foods may be chosen with the belief that they can help you sustain without food for a longer time; this is not true. Oily and greasy foods, in fact, take a longer time to digest and also increase tiredness and fatigue. They are rich in fat, and so more fat reserves are accumulated.
- It is not necessary to spend long hours in the kitchen trying to cook up lavish meals, as the purpose of Ramadan is not just. It is more about self-contemplation and cleansing oneself.
- Eat foods which are easy to digest and also help in giving you energy. An added advantage would be to eat foods which have a cleansing or detox effect.
- Natural fruits and vegetables, dry fruits, grilled meat are good options.
- Also, take into account the regular work schedule and make sure your cooking and eating allows sufficient room for that.
- Sleep is another aspect which often gets ignored but is equally important. The body needs sleep as much as, or in some people, more than food. Lack of it can lead to fatigue, drowsiness, confusion, and fainting.
- Prophet himself has advised that only a few mouthfuls of food needs to be consumed.
- Fasting is a good way to give the body a break (digestive and other systems) and help natural detoxification.
- Do not skip exercise completely during this period. Stick to regular, light exercises which are comfortable.
- Many people tend to put on weight, but a little planning can help not just in avoiding this, but in reducing weight too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.