Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meera SundharamYour feedback matters!
Are otrivin drops safe for my 50 days old baby as he is suffering from blocked nose and cough .doctor has suggested novamox and solvin cold also. Please suggest.
We are going to fly with our 8.5 months old son in a week for the first time. The flight is around 1 hour long. What all do we need take care of?
My 4 year old daughter has suffered with severe chronic constipation since birth. When she was born she was admitted in the neonatal for 9 days due to abdominal distention, feed intolerance, suspected sepsis, vomiting bright green bile and Meconium Ileus. She did not pass her meconium for 33 hours and it was passed due to a paediatrician giving her a suppository. It's now getting worse as she is getting older. She suffers with abdominal distention, leakages, agonising pain, passing a lot of gas and cannot walk sometimes due to the pain. She has been on 5 different laxatives (lactulose, movicol, docusate, sodium picosulfate and sennakot) now of them have worked and she has also had 2 enemas that did not work also. She has had a biopsy done for Hirschsprung's disease and it came back normal and all her bloods are normal as well. She is missing a lot of school due to this and her doctors don't seem to think it's serious but after all the medication she's had I think differently. She used to pass a stool and get some relief for a few weeks now it's just days till the pain starts all over again like she isn't getting any relief at all anymore. It can be 3 weeks before she passes a stool. I've done some research and seen that meconium ileus can be related to cystic fibrosis and I've seen that you can have it in the digestive system also. Could this be a possibility for her?
My son faces some learning difficulties, lack of concentration & minute dyslexia as per our observation since last 2-3 yrs. He is 6 yrs old & will be going to class 1 in dwarka, Delhi, Need guidance & suggestions for ensuring that my son get over this issue as earliest as possible.
My wife age 23, we have baby of 9 month, in this situation what type of medicine should take to avoid unwanted pregnancy?
My boy baby is 11 months old. He was doing potty 4 times in a day. Not so lose and not so tight. He does in medium. So I took motion test. In culture and sensitivity stool, in the report, shigella skin has been isolated. Due to this bacteria what happens? Is this cause any problems? I took this test once again before 3 weeks, E.coli has been isolated In culture and sensitivity. Doctor put him 4 injections. But still he was doing potty 4 time in a day. He was so fat before 3 month, now he became thin. I am so afraid. please tell me some suggestions. If I give grinded apple to him, potty is coming like a apple which I gave him. This problem is from 3 months. I gave a number of medicine which pediatrician recommended me. Now I am giving pasteurized milk, dal with rice, potato, cerelac. Rava. What are the foods to be given to him?
My daughter age 4 months - triple polio vaccination a week ago. A bubo near the injection position and red mark. How to get rid of it ?
My 6 month old received 1st dose of pcv and hib y'day. Now he has developed skin rashes in hos legs and hands as well. There is, no fever or any other noticeable changes. Is this allergic reaction to the vaccine? Does this require medical attention?
Good morning Dr. My son is 7 years old. He eat properly but very lazy. How to get away his laziness.
My son Is one year age what are the important cares taken in monsoon What's foods are benefits for them.
My new born baby of age 6 days have found bilirubin level as 11.5.Dr recommended photo therapy. My baby is under photo therapy treatment but some people are saying it's not recommended upto 8th day. Should I take out her from there?
My son 1.5 old have a problem. That is, his stool is very tight he is crying very much he took 3 or 4 days to expel his stool it is very dry, due to tight Stool he got bleeding. He will not drink water properly or fruits. He was lazy to intake food so please gave me a remedy for this please medicines already intake is days milk of magnesia, cremaffin,Lox jelly ointment. please help me need a medical advice. Immediately.
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.