Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meera KhannaYour feedback matters!
Sir my mouth was getting smell Im doing brushing daily 2 times what can I do what is the cure for this.
Hello doctor Mere aage ke daant thore aage nikle hue hai unko phir se shape me lane ke liye mai kya karu. Please give advice.
I have problem in my teeth's of gums bleeding .so that way doctor was recommended me gums scaling .I wand know that how much cost of it and it is good for my teeth or not.
I am 33 years old n having toothache in wisdom tooth. Dr. advised me for root canal treatment or extraction of tooth. What is best.
I am 27 years age and in my lower last teeth has infected and after that half of the part tilted and take triangular shape. Doctor told me need to remove akal jaad and do RCT. Is it fine or how much max amount charged for this treatment.
Hello doctor.Good day, My 3 years old son has got his several teeth decay. Front 4 (upper) teeth have leveled upto the gum and the pulp have been exposed. 8 molar teeth (both upper and lower) have deep decay and dentin exposed badly. Other few teeth enamel has partially damaged. For your information, he had habit to sleep with milk bottle. But now that has been stopped completely. Now he can not eat properly, occasionally complain pain. In such situation kindly advise as I have following questions: 1) If this issue is totally untreated, should this caries continue to his permanent teeth in future. 2) What is the best possible treatment plan. 3) is there any temporary relief or means of protection of existing teeth. 4) is general anesthetia is necessary for pulpotomy (if necessary). 5) Does he require to be examined for deficiency of calcium or similar component in body. Thank you.
Dear sir I had issue with teeth's my teeth's are getting yellowish and there is plague on it now what should I do?
I have slight yellow teeth. How can I whiten my teeth using home made remedy? What will be the best to whiten the teeth and in how many days it will show its result?
My friend had some tarn on the jaws of teeth how to remove it he used to smoke in those days he quitted now.
My teeth are becoming yellowish. What's the reason and give me advise before 5 years I done RCT on one teeth.
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?