Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meera GuptaYour feedback matters!
Maine pregnancy ke liye plan kiya tha but success nahi hota so me kya karu maine m2 tone tablet and folinic d cap liya tha ek gynac ne kaha tha agar pregnancy nahi success hoti to ovulation treatment karenge ye treatment kya hoti he please muze kuch advice kare muze pahele ek daughter hai 8 years ki hai but abhi next chance lena he so please advice kare.
I am 36 years old, my height is 4. 9 and my weight is 66kg. Due to overweight I dont want to go for second child. Some suggestion for me?
Dear sir/mam I got pregnant to 5 months and have twin baby. Comes some water from vagina three or four time in a day. please suggestions to me precautions & treatment.
Is taking a periods delay medicine safe for delaying just for 2-3 days? After the periods she has to go for hymenoplasty. whether there will be any complications or not by taking period delay medicine?
Cashew nuts or Kaju are extremely nutritious and delicious to eat. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, soluble dietary fiber and antioxidants that are essential for the normal functioning of your body.
The following are some of the health benefits of cashew nuts:
- Ensures healthy heart: Cashew nuts have a comparatively low fat content than most other nuts.It is cholesterol free, has rich antioxidants and contains a number of health-promoting phyto-chemicals that ensure protection against various heart diseases.
- Prevents cancer: Cashew nuts are rich in flavonoids that are known to be effective in combating the growth of tumor cells. It is rich in copper content that helps prevent and control the formation of cancerous cells and protects you from colon cancer.
- Manages hypertension and promotes health of nerves: Cashew nut contains magnesium, which is known for its effectiveness in controlling the levels of blood pressure. It enables you to control your blood pressure thereby, enabling you to manage hypertension. Lack of magnesium also affects the health of your nerves.
- Prevents macular degeneration: According to studies, regular consumption of most nuts tends to prove effective in reducing the risk of macular degeneration in the long term. Cashew nuts are among such nuts that have the ability to filter the sun's UV rays and offer you protection against age related macular degeneration.
- Aids in weight loss: According to studies, people who indulge in the regular consumption of cashew nuts and practice an active lifestyle are less susceptible to sudden weight gain than people who do not. Cashew nuts also contain good cholesterol and are hence considered to be very good for your overall health.
- Prevents gallstones: Gallstones are usually hard masses that are found in the bile duct or gallbladder. Gallstones normally develop due to the fatty nature of the cholesterol which obstructs its breakdown. According to studies, eating cashew nuts, in moderation, on a regular basis is helpful for preventing the formation of gallstones in women.
- Promotes health of tissue: Cashew nuts are rich in copper content, which when reacts with iron present in your body, leads to the creation of new and healthy red blood cells. It also helps in the production of collagen that keeps your tissues strong and healthy.
Hello respected doctors I am 3mnth pregnant and I had intercourse wth my huby last nyt and today I am feeling little bit pain in tummy sometime is it normal.
There is some party in my family. And my month cycle is falling in that period. So I want to postpone my monthly cycle. Please advise the safer way.
When I have sex with my wife she feel pain and no enjoying sex she think when he quit sex then I sleep and I also no long time have sex with my wife. (Recently I have married I amam living Delhi and my wife live in hometown I meet my wife after 1 to 2 month she did not feel ) So please suggest both of us.
I am married for 2 years and 7 months. Till we don't have a child. All of the tests that we took says everything is normal. Still why it is not happening?
My girlfriend was telling me that she gets lots of white fluid out from pussy Is it normal? And is it harmful if I lick it? Please advise me.
Masturbation is a wonderful way to explore your physicality which is healthy as well as beneficial. According to research, women who masturbate regularly are likely to enjoy better sex lives with their partners and are more self confident in nature. Women who indulge in masturbation enjoy a wealth of physical as well as mental health benefits. Following are the benefits that you should be aware of:
Physical benefits of female masturbation:
- Prevention of infections: Female masturbation is very important as it prevents cervical infections and also relieves you from infections in the urinary tract. Recent studies suggest that masturbation helps relieve you from pain caused by urinary tract infections. It lubricates the vagina and eliminates harmful bacteria from the cervix.
- Better cardiovascular health: Masturbating promotes improvement in cardiovascular health and also effectively lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It has been observed that women who masturbate regularly are less vulnerable to coronary heart disease and overall have a better immune system.
- Prevents insomnia: Masturbation can be a natural way to prevent insomnia as there is a subsequent release of hormones and stress involved. During masturbation the hormone called Dopamine increases as the process reaches climax. After orgasm, the hormones called oxytocin are released along with endorphins which consequently help you to sleep better.
Psychological or mental benefits of masturbation:
- Improves mood and busts stress: Masturbation helps you get rid of depressed feelings and in turn positively affects your sexual life with your partner. It improves your mood and is considered an effective stress buster without any associated side effects.
- Helps you accept yourself: Accepting your sexuality is very important as it makes you aware of your body and makes you comfortable with it. It strengthens your love for yourself and increases your confidence. Paying attention to your sexual desires and fulfilling them yourselves is pleasurable as well as healthy. Masturbation can help you know your physical needs and relieve stress associated to your personal and professional life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
There is another silently progressing, common disease other than diabetes and hypertension that can cause potentially serious risk to your health in old age. Osteoporosis meaning “porous bones” indicates a condition where your bones become more porous, thinner and weaker due to accelerated loss of bone or reduced bone formation or both. It is most evident in the vertebrae of spine, hip bones and in the wrists.
Thin and porous vertebrae fracture easily. They crumble on their own or due to minor stresses during daily activities like coughing, sneezing, bending forwards. These fractures can be painless and go unnoticed in multiple levels till the spine develops a forward bend and a noticeable loss of height. Or it can cause significant pain and disability, limitation in daily activities and increased dependence on others. A simple slip and fall at home can cause a fracture in the hip bones that can make the patient completely bed ridden. These situations commonly cause depression and general deterioration of health and leads to other risky complications in old age.
Though it is most common women after menopause, it also happens in men above age of 65 years and in those with certain risk factors like liver or kidney disease, thyroid or parathyroid disorders, and certain tumours. Smoking has been proven to cause osteoporosis. Long term steroid intake given for various conditions and medications given for seizure disorders also can cause osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis can be detected easily by a screening test called the DEXA scan. Any one above the age of 50 years should consult an orthopaedic surgeon to know if they are at risk of osteoporosis and whether he/she needs a DEXA scan. If the DEXA scan reveals that you have osteoporosis, you must be evaluated by an orthopaedic surgeon and an endocrinologist to look for other treatable conditions that can cause osteoporosis. There are medications that are prescribed to strengthen the bones and reduce the risk of fractures in future. Diet rich in calcium and vitamin D and supplementary calcium and vitamin D medications are also an essential part of treatment.
Although the vertebral osteoporotic fractures commonly heal in a few weeks with bed rest and medications, some of them may not heal in time or cause severe pain and disability. These patients might need surgical intervention. Vertebroplasty is a procedure that involves injection of bone cement into the broken vertebra and can give immediate pain relief. Kyphoplasty is a similar procedure that can restore the height of the fractured vertebral body and reduce the forward stoop in the spine. Open surgery might be required sometimes if the collapsed vertebra causes a compression of the spinal cord or nerves in the spine. Osteoporotic hip fractures and wrist fractures often need surgical treatment for fixation.
Prevention of osteoporosis should begin in childhood. Growing bones accumulate calcium and the calcium in bones reaches a peak at around age of 26 to 30 years. After that age, there is a slow decline in the bone calcium, which accelerates in old age especially in women after menopause. So those who reach a lower peak of calcium in bones by the age of 30 are at a higher risk of developing osteoporosis in old age. This means that adequate intake of dietary calcium, vitamin D and adequate exercise from young age is very important to prevent osteoporosis.
Prevention of falls and resultant fractures in those who are osteoporotic is an important aspect of treatment. This needs modification of their living spaces to remove the risks of a slip and fall. Routine exercises and an active lifestyle load the bones and make them stronger and it is a must for all those with osteoporosis and those at risk of developing osteoporosis.
Not getting my period. Its delay by 7days. I have not have sex without safety so why I m facing this problem. please tell me how to get my maturation period.
Am a pcod and thyroid patients. Though am in diet I can't reduce my weight (75 kgs). Am 24 years old. Am working in software sector. I always feel like lazy every time. Am using cetapin and garbolim pils right from 2014. But no use I felt tell now. Just suggest a Gud diet or medicine to cure as early. Also taking 100 mg for thyroid. I'll get married within 4 months. But I've irregular periods cycle. Am so much worried.
My friend is suffering through a problem of polycystic ovary syndrome [pcos],and because of it she is not able to reduce he weight. She is doing a good heavy workout which includes running and cardio and having a protein diet which is given by a dietician. It has been a month or more than that. After all these hard work there is no result seen in her body She's is looking all the way same as she was used to look like. It's a request to all the doctors if anyone could give a better advice what she should do to reduce her body weight.
If your child develops an eating disorder, you might be unsure about how to solve the problem and how to act on it. Eating disorders occur when your child tends to either eat in excess, or eats too less. The behavior of your child is also subjected to change because of an eating disorder. It is likely for him to get withdrawn, rude, and touchy. This makes it difficult for you to deal with them at a time when communication is necessary. Here are some essential tips that you should follow in dealing with eating disorders in children:
- You should get advice about how to talk to your child. It will help you in realizing that your child is likely to be defensive as their eating disorder is a form of coping. Hence, it is normal for a child to be reluctant about letting go of it. If your child is undergoing treatment, the treatment team has a vital role to play. However, your constant love and support are also very important.
- It is important to talk to your child about the condition, even though he cannot accept that he is having a problem. Communication is an essential part of treatment, which you should never ignore. You should not blame or judge your child, and refer proper resources to him. You have to be prepared for a negative response from your child.
- You should educate yourself properly about your eating disorder. Abstain from talking to your child about his appearance, even in the form of a compliment. Use ways for boosting your child’s self-esteem and confidence.
- Abstain from referring to weight problems and diets followed by other people. You need to assure your child that you will be there for him, no matter what. You should talk to him about activities he should get involved in, in a positive tone and approach.
- Coping with the meal times of your child suffering from an eating disorder is very important as well. Consult your child’s treatment team to know about ways of arranging your meal times ideally.
- Take your child out for shopping and agree on having meals that are acceptable, from both your and his end.
- You should have an agreement with your whole family regarding meals, which will help to set the expectations of everybody. Agree on not talking about fat content, calorie content, or portion sizes during meals.
- You must abstain from consuming low calorie food items in front of them. Try to keep the meal time atmosphere positive and light hearted. Do not focus on others during meal times and teach your child to concentrate on his own meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Sweetened breakfast cereals can cause a spike in blood sugar, but the response can vary. "Blood sugar reactions to cereal vary greatly from person to person," Even oatmeal—which is recommended as a good choice by the ADA—can be a problem if it's the sweetened, instant type.
Have this instead: Swap breakfast cereal for a high-protein meal instead, suggests Try an egg white omelet with vegetables and turkey or Canadian bacon with a small slice of low-carb (7 grams) bread. Cholesterol in the yolk may contribute to a higher risk of heart disease and diabetes, which makes egg whites a healthier option. Steel cut and traditional oatmeal, cooked slowly, is a better choice than other types of oatmeal as it is less likely to spike blood sugar. Small portions and adding protein can help.