Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meera GuptaYour feedback matters!
Mai 27 saal ka hu meri shaadi hone wali hai agar first night ke din mai sex karta hu bina protection ke to kya mere wife pregnent to nhi hogi n please suggest kre aur pregnant n ho eske liye bhi please suggest kijiye.
Hi I am 11 weeks pregnant my height is 4'11" and before pregnancy my weight was 50 kg but after it get down 46 kg is it normal or ok and my diet is proper and I am having no morning sickness and no vomiting can you tell me is it ok or normal nothing to worry. Thanks.
I have oily skin of face and usually regular periods. This time they got delayed by around two weeks. I am having hair fall and acne or pimples. Please how to resolve naturally.
Hello Doctor, My age is 31 years. I am trying to conceive for more than 2 year but no luck. I did 4 follicle cycles but no rupture no ovulation even after Hcg Injections. My Hysteroscopy was done yesterday as per the report some small poly was there which is removed through laser and some blood flow was not happening which has been corrected. I am asked to go for IVF with donor egg due to low Amh. Will some yoga or any other treatment help me to improve my Amh level. My height is 5’2 and weight is 59kg. I have started walking early morning for 20 mins and I am doing some fertility yoga exercises as I want to conceive naturally. What else can I do to improve fertility as I want to try naturally for 6 months before going for IVF option. Pls help me with diet and other steps that I can do to improve infertility.
How to start:
If you have been practising yoga already, you can continue during your pregnancy. However, if you are planning to start yoga as a form of exercise during pregnancy, it is ideal to do so in the second trimester. Yoga can be performed once a week or every day. The duration can range from 5 to 60 minutes per session. Follow these guidelines while practising yoga:
✓ Listen to your body carefully. If you feel any discomfort, stop. You will probably need to modify each pose as your body changes.
✓ Avoid lying on your back after the first trimester; it can reduce blood circulation to the uterus.
✓ Avoid poses that stretch the muscles too much. You are more at risk for strains, pulls and other injuries right now because of the pregnancy hormone relaxin, which softens and relaxes joints and connective tissue.
✓ From the second trimester – when your centre of gravity starts to shift – do all standing poses with your heel against the wall or use a chair for support, to avoid losing your balance and risking injury to yourself or your baby. Here is the most comprehensive second trimester dos and don’ts for you to follow.
✓ While twisting, move from the shoulders and back, rather than the waist, to avoid putting pressure on your abdomen. Twist only as far as it feels comfortable – deep twists are not advisable in pregnancy. Here are three simple exercises that can boost blood circulation during pregnancy.
1. Palm tree
Imagine you are a palm tree swaying in the wind.
Benefit: This pose stretches and strengthens the torso
Stand upright, raise your arms overhead and interlock your fingers.
Now stretch slowly and gently to the right and then the left, imitating the swaying movement of a palm tree.
2. Modified triangle pose
Can you position your body in such a way that it forms three triangles?
Benefit: This pose regulates the digestive system and massages internal organs like the liver.
Stand with your feet wide apart and arms extended at shoulder level parallel to the floor.
Stretch your left hand overhead and bend down to the right side and touch your knee. Look up at your left hand.
Return to starting position and switch sides.
3. Modified forward bend
Reach forward with your hands, with a chair for support.
Benefit: This pose stretches the back and legs.
Stand tall in front of a chair.
Lift your arms and reach towards the chair; press your palms on the chair. Keep your back straight and bend from your hips. Hold.
Return to standing position.
4. Seated twist
Twist to the right and then to the left, to improve the mobility of the spine.
Benefit: This pose stretches the spine, improves digestion and relieves constipation.
Sit with your legs stretched out in front of you. Bend your right knee and take the right foot over the left knee.
Bring the left arm and elbow over the right knee. Keep your right hand behind you on the fl oor for support. Now twist your torso to the right and turn your head back.
Return to starting position and switch sides.
5. Cat-camel pose
Imitate a cat and then a camel. Arch your spine like a cat and then lift it up like the hump of a camel.
Benefit: releases spinal stress
Get down on all fours on your mat. Place your hands directly below your shoulders. Now lift your tailbone up towards the ceiling so that your lower back is concave. As you do this your head will lift up naturally towards the ceiling.
Now round your back like the hump of a camel and roll your head towards your chest. Make the movements as fluid as possible.
6. Butterfly pose
Imitate a butterfly.
Benefit: Increases mobility of the hip joints and stretches the inner thigh.
Sit with your legs outstretched on the mat. Bend your knees and bring your feet in as close as possible, towards you. Bring the soles of your feet together.
Keep your spine straight and gently move your legs down and up, resembling the movement of a butterfly as it flaps its wings.
7. The modified corpse
You need to relax in order to feel rejuvenated.
Lie on your left side; place a pillow between your legs and below your head for support.
Close your eyes and relax your mind.
To make the poses more comfortable, use blankets, pillows, cushions and chairs for support if you need them. For instance, you can perform seated positions on a folded blanket. If maintaining an erect spine is difficult, lean against a wall for support. Also, breathing the correct way during pregnancy is vital, here are a few breathing exercises you can practise for better oxygen intake.
Follow these tips while performing the yoga asanas:
• Yoga can be practised anywhere – indoors or outdoors. Just make sure it is a calm and quiet environment with adequate ventilation.
• Yoga gear should be comfortable, convenient and simple. All you need is loose, comfortable clothing and a yoga mat, rug, blanket or carpet.
• Hold each yoga pose for 10 to 60 seconds.
• Set aside a fixed time for yoga.
• If you have never tried yoga before, first learn the different poses under supervision. Start slowly and relax for 2 to 3 minutes after every asana if required.
• Yoga can be performed once a week or every day. The duration can range from 5 minutes to 60 minutes per session.
• Never force your body into a stretch or pose. Regular practice will make seemingly impossible poses more accessible.
• If you feel any pain or nausea, stop and contact your doctor immediately.
Health Benefits of Sugarcane Juice (Ganne Ka Ras)
Sugarcane (Ganna), belongs to the grass family (Poaceae), is a most beneficial crop which is found in India in sufficient amount everywhere. It is available at a very cheap price for everyone so anyone can be part of its beneficial aspects. It depends on a person that how he like to have sugarcane. Sugarcane can be chewed using the teeth or drank its juice which is found by crushing the peeled sugarcane in the machine. Generally, its juice with lemon, mint, ginger and black salt flavor is liked by the people.
It was first originated in the New Guinea which was then distributed to all over the world. Commercially, it is grown in many countries including South Asia, Southeast Asia, Brazil, Latin America and etc. Sugarcane juice is one of the most widely drinking juice in India, generally in the Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.
People generally buy the sugarcane juice from the street vendors. At some places, it is also found at the food courts. Sugarcane juice has the combinations of sugars like the glucose, sucrose, and fructose. Sugarcane juice is also famous by the name like oosacha ras or ganne ka ras in the Maharashtra.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice/Ganne Ka Ras
Sugarcane juice has a variety of nutrients which aids in the better health. Here I am mentioning some of its beneficial aspects:
Remedy for Sore Throat - Sugarcane Juice is considered as the best home remedy for the person having a sore throat, flu or freezing.
Increases Muscle Power - Ganna ras provides natural glucose to the body necessary for maintaining the muscle power.
Rehydrates Body - It removes weakness from the body by rehydrating the body thus known as the instant body booster and used by the athletes.
Prevents from Protein Loss - It is useful for the person suffering from the fever and maintains the protein loss in the body.
Treats Jaundice - Sugarcane Juice is very helpful for the person suffering from jaundice and provides instant recovery from jaundice by maintaining the glucose level in the body.
Regulates Digestive System Functioning - It is a very good energy drink for the well being of the digestive system.
Treats Constipation - It also provides help in treating constipation due to its high potassium level.
Promotes Wound Healing - It has a type of sugar called as the sucrose which is a natural resource helps in wound healing as well as boosting the immune system.
Strengthens Major Body Organs - It assists to a great level in strengthening the major organs such as the eyes, stomach, heart, kidneys, mind, sex organs and etc if used regularly.
Prevents from Heart Diseases - It also prevents from the heart diseases and strokes as it decreases the bad body cholesterol level and triglycerides.
Contains All Essential Nutrients - Sugarcane juice has all the required vitamins and minerals having precious health benefits for the person suffering various diseases.
Treats various Diseases
Sugarcane juice helps in treating the dysuria (burning sensation while passing urine), prostatitis, kidney stones, STD (sexually transmitted disease), urinary tract infections and etc if taken with lime juice or coconut water.
Ganna ras also assists in other problems like high acidity, cystitis, enlarged prostate, gonorrhea, nephritis and etc.
Prevents from Cancer - Sugarcane juice is alkaline in nature thus helps in fighting from the various type of cancer like prostate and breast cancer.
Promotes Bone Growth - Sugarcane juice is helpful in the growth and development of the bones because of its calcium and phosphorous contents.
Prevents from Anemia - Ganna ras is very useful to the person suffering from the anemia as it has a good amount of the iron which enhances the Hb level in the body.
Rich Source of Antioxidants - Sugarcane juice has an antioxidant property because of its flavonoid and phenolic compounds availability which works as an anti-inflammatory, antiviral, anti-allergic, anti-tumor agents and prevents the body from various diseases accordingly.
Prevents from DNA Damage - Its antioxidants property protects us from the radiation-induced DNA damage as well as from the oxidative degradation of the cellular lipids or fats. It also fights with the free radicals and prevents aging.
Rich Source of Live Enzymes - Freshly prepared juice of the sugarcane has different live enzymes as well as nutrients which get absorbed by the body and nourishes the body.
Treats Kidney Disorders - Drinking fresh ganna ras in enough amount helps in treating kidney disorders and other urinary problems.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice for Liver/in Jaundice
Sugarcane juice is very beneficial for the major organ of the body called liver as it helps in treating jaundice which is a liver function disorder. Jaundice causes yellow pigmentation of the skin and skin membranes because of the increased level of bile pigment called bilirubin. Bile pigment level increases due to poor liver functions or obstructed bile ducts. During jaundice, it has become very necessary to bring bilirubin level up to the normal as well as normalize the liver functioning which requires lots of medicine and home remedies.
To get fast recovery from jaundice and liver functioning disorders, sugarcane juice acts as the best home remedy for such ailments. Some of the benefits are mentioned below:
Strengthens Liver - It acts as a natural high energetic drink having refined sugar of low glycemic index which helps in strengthening the liver.
Treats Acidity - Ganne ka ras is alkaline in nature which helps in maintaining the acid-base balance and treating acidity.
Maintains Protein in Body - It fulfills the requirement of protein which was lost during the jaundice fever.
Provides Fast Recovery - Ganna ras provides faster recovery from jaundice if taken a glass of sugarcane juice 2-3 times a day.
Boosts Immune System - Ganna juice has lots of antioxidants which makes body immune system stronger to fight against liver infections as well as normalizes the bilirubin level.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice for Weight Loss
Reduces Weight - As sugarcane juice reduces the bad cholesterol level in the body and has natural sugar thus helps in reducing the weight.
It's high soluble fibers content aids a lot in the weight management strategy.
Removes Body Toxins - Sugarcane juice cleanses our - body improves the metabolism and detoxifies our body by eliminating all the toxins from the body which aids a lot in the gradual weight loss process.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice for Diabetes
Maintains Sugar Level - Ganne ka ras is a natural sweetener which does not require other sugar to make it sweet thus beneficial for the diabetic person which does not involve in the disturbing the sugar levels.
Has Low Glycemic Index - Sugarcane juice is very beneficial for the for diabetic patients as it has a very low glycemic index.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice During Pregnancy
Increases Hb Level and Prevents Baby from Birth Defects
Because of its iron and folates contents, it is very beneficial for the pregnant women. It enhances the Hb level in the pregnant women as well as prevents the unborn baby from a variety of birth defects.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice for Skin
Prevents from Ageing - Sugarcane juice has antioxidant property as it has flavonoids and phenolic compounds which make the skin healthy, shiny, soft, supple, fair as well as prevents from early aging and wrinkles.
Moisturizes the Skin - Ganna ras rehydrate and moisturize the body thus makes the skin soft and bright.
Nutritional Benefits of Sugarcane Juice per 1 oz (28.35 g)
(Source: USDA Nutrient database)
Protein: 0.20 g
Water: 0.19 g
Ash: 0.66 g
Fat: 0.09 g
Total Calories: 111. 43
Total Carbohydrates: 27.40 g
Sugar: 25.71 g
Riboflavin: 0.16 mg
Niacin: 0.20 mg
Pantothenic Acid: 0.09 mg
Iron: 0.57 mg
Magnesium: 2.49 mg
Calcium: 32.57 mg
Phosphorus: 0.01 mg
Potassium: 162.86 mg
Manganese: 0.09 mg
Copper: 0.09 mg
Disadvantages of Sugarcane Juice
As sugarcane juice has a lot of health benefits, it also has various health risks because of its unhygienic conditions it is prepared in. Sugarcane juice is considered as the best culture medium for the various microorganisms. That's why it is recommended that drink only fresh juice or the one kept in the freeze. Never drink already made juice or the juice kept outside the freeze.
The person may be infected with the Chagas disease if he drinks sugarcane juice from the roadside stalls. Drinking sugarcane juice from such places may also be contaminated with the feces of insect vector which may lead to the serious health hazards.
Mostly the engines used to crush the sugarcane are used a lot of oil to get moved easily. These oils have harmful effects on the health.
How much Sugarcane Juice should you Drink a Day
Having sugarcane juice on a daily basis depends on the individual need and health of the body. A person suffering from jaundice can take more than one glass a day of sugarcane juice (according to the doctor advice) but in the limit as it may cause some infections. However, one to two cup of sugarcane juice is enough for a normal and healthy person.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Prolonged use of johnson and johnson baby powder and other talcum base product if use for decade for female hygiene can lead to ovarian cancer.
All of us have our 'good and bad hours' each day. While there are the night owls, who are more productive and ideating in the late night hours, there are others who like to be the early bird that literally catches the worm. For both these categories, there are again hours where the energy wanes. Did you know there are some simple techniques that can help to maintain consistent levels of energy throughout the day?
As much as possible, try and maintain a regular routine in terms of waking up, eating at the same hours as closely as possible, and retiring for the day. The biological clock or circadian rhythm needs to be maintained as much as possible if high productivity is desired.
Here are some things that can be completely and easily controlled to keep your energy levels steady through the day.
- Vitamin & mineral deficiency: It is important that we include loads of fresh fruits and vegetables in our diet, in order to nourish our body with required vitamin and minerals. This is important that a deficiency of vitamins like B12, D can often lead to fatigue or low energy levels.
- Hypothyroidism: Fatigue is one of the most common signs hypothyroidism and as per clinal records it has been established patients suffering from hypothyroidism have reported a significat drop in the level of fatigue by getting their hypothyroid treated.
- Sleep patterns: Be it going to bed or waking up, try and maintain a pattern that does not vary too much, at least not drastically. After waking up, a good dose of light in the morning is very helpful. If your work requires you to sleep during the day, ensure you get up into a room that is well and brightly lit.
- Exercise: Whether is it Saturday or cloudy, a 30 minute workout does magic like nothing else. Get outdoors and be it a walk or a run, cycling or swimming, you will see nothing else boosts your energy as well as this.
- Nutrition: Reduced carbohydrates, a good dose of protein, ample hydration, adequate fiber intake, and good quantity of dry fruits are somethings to definitely follow. Start with a good breakfast that can boost your energy requirements for the day and eat less as the day goes by.
- Caffeine: One of the most pleasant experience is to wake up to have a refreshing cup of coffee. While it sounds exotic, the body benefits more if this caffeine is provided sometime later in the day when the energy levels are low.
- Alcohol: For many, alcohol could be a way of stress busting, but if scientifically looked at, alcohol reduces the quality of sleep and leaves you feeling unrested. It also leaves one tired and irritated. If possible, the alcohol intake should be at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- Power naps: Highly proven technique, where possible, a power nap of 15 minutes is believed to boost up energy levels significantly.
These are some methods to boost your energy levels. Most of it something completely controllable and changeable by you, all it requires is a conscious effort from you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Dr. I need your help yesterday morning my mc is came and that same day knight this is my first mc day I sexed un protect with my husband and after had sex I taken I pill contraceptive tablet for unwanted pregnancy that is OK, if it possible to gota pregnant.
My baby now 3 month old breast milk not enough for my baby how to increase breast milk what can I do any additional supplement giving for baby.Please tell.
Hi sir/mam I found breast lump in left breast 8 months back but there is no swelling discharge or any symptoms but pain at time of menses that's it I saw in some articles all breast lumps are not cause cancer pizz give me suggestion it cause any severe condition in future what precautions I should take.
Can fingering on 20th day of cycle lead to pregnancy? If the ejaculation had occurred and the semen was cleaned with a towel and after that I was fingered by him. I always had a 26-32 day cycle. And after the incident I took an I pill as a precaution with in 4 hours after the unprotected incident. Please let me know whether this Wil lead to pregnancy or not. As I don't want to get pregnant now. Please help me. Please.
Hi am 27 year old planning to conceive. Generally mine 32 days cycle last Feb 4th my periods starts and my next expected period time is 8th march but today 5th march morning my periods starts. Last 23rd we got sex intercourse. This is very first time am getting before periods. Why?
Hii. I am 25 yrs old female. I have irregular periods problem. Some time few month gap is there. Wat should I do?
Hi I am pregnant of 5 month and my husband always forced me for having sex is it good during pregnancy.
I am 8 months pregnant. My heart is beating very fast. And I am feeling breathlessness. All my body is shivering. This is happening daily. Please suggest what should I do.
She Gave you the Gift of Life! While you simply can’t repay her, these 5 Mother’s Day gifts are the next best thing!
Our mothers spend most of their time worrying about everyone else, brushing aside and ignoring her own health conditions. Although, we can't repay her back, but we surely can take care of her, as with growing age our mothers are often are at risk of a range of health conditions including menopause, bone diseases, heart problems and even breast cancer. This Mother’s Day, rather than pretty trinkets, gift her something more long lasting and meaningful; let us give her the gift of health.
Here’s 5 super gift ideas to get you started:
- Help her detox and be stronger, with Yoga: Whether she is a stay-at-home mom or a working mother, Yoga is a great way for her to detox from a stressful working day. Get your mom a Yoga mat and enroll her in Yoga classes, this Mother’s Day. There are numerous benefits of Yoga, not only will it help her burn calories and stay fit, but also the strengthening poses will help her be healthier from within while the deep breathing techniques will help keep the stress of daily life at bay.
- Chart out a healthy yet delicious diet plan for her: A great way to help your mother is to help her get on the healthy track that is to create a diet chart for her. After charting out a healthy yet delicious diet plan for her, the more crucial element is execution, so make sure that she follows it. A healthy diet is essential for her, in order to fight against any health issues. Her diet should include green leafy salads, fruit and vegetables, yoghurt, lentils, and protein rich food. Also women at this age are highly susceptible to bone disease and ailments such as osteoporosis. Ensure that her intake of Calcium and Vitamin D is apropriate to fight the same. You can include delicious recipes for highly nutritional meals, along with the diet plan. A great way to get her excited about this is by being proactive, this Mother’s Day- Cook up one of those delectable healthy meals for your mom and bring her breakfast in bed! If you think special attention would work better, book her a consultation with a dietician who can give her a more professional evaluation and recommendation.
- Treat her like the Queen with a spa voucher: Mothers are superheroes, but even superheroes need a mini vacation (If not a full vacation). A soothing day at the spa could be just the switch off mode she needs to go into. Gift your mother a spa coupon this Mother’s Day, for her to enjoy some no-holds barred pampering. However, once a year is not enough for someone with so many responsibilities to de-stress. Therefore, along with a coupon, make sure that your mother has certain DIY pampering options handy all year round. From soothing herbal oils, loofahs, bath salts, scrubs and hand held body massagers to an electronic neck or back massager; enable your mother to have a spa treatment whenever her heart desires, from the comfort of her home.
- Ensure she has regular, health check-ups: While Mother’s Day is just once a year, you love your mom and want her to be healthy all 365 days. To maintain good health, one needs regular health check-ups. Either moms are too busy to find the time or they tend to not give enough importance, to their own health check-up. While on Mother’s Day you can gift her a full body check up (which everyone should get at least once a year), you can ensure that your mother is healthy on a daily basis, by keeping track of any conditions that she is suffering from and following up with relevant check ups, treatment and other procedures as necessary. Visit the doctor/clinic with her. Not only will you ensure that those visits actually happen at the frequency they should, but also the kind of moral and emotional support she will get from you through this will go a long way in keeping her healthy and happy.
- Help her gear up to stay fit and healthy: The key to staying healthy and fit is regular exercise. While Yoga works effectively for holistic health and well-being, it still may not be enough for your mom to attain all her health and fitness goals. If getting her to join the gym is out of question, bring the gym to her by buying convenient and compact workout equipment such as a treadmill or a spin bike. Not only can she attain major health goals from the comfort of her home, but also you guys can work out together, which will motivate her and even give you more time to bond.
1. Balances cholesterol levels
2. Anti-cancer properties
3. Increase immunity
4. Prevents coronary heart diseases
5. Improves red blood cell count
6. Anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antioxidant properties.
More tips like this and information about various diseases can be taken by searching for ssohm on internet.