Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meera Chawla
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meera ChawlaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. I am 20yrs, female. I have my dates on 5th every month. But this month I had some spotting on the 28th and 29th with pain for 3-4 days. Is it normal? Also will I get my dates on 5th Jan this month? I have a trip on 15th, so I need to be relieved of this thing.
Mam I have done intercourse with gf in 29 sep then she used prega test result was positive then consult a doctor .He give INSTAKIT tablet at 10 Oct then period was come out now till 2 day is 34 days but period is not come. Please tell me what is happening? Thank you.
My marriage was on Oct 2014.3 months of marriage my wife was pregnant. After 8 weeks miscarriage. It happen 3 times miscarriage till this year of April. We are so much worried .I do tests of torch of my wife .even we both do tests of our both blood test. Everytest is positive tests .there is no problem in tests. We r worried then again it could be happen? Please suggest what we do .please please. Thanks.
I am 19 years old female I have a pcos problem can you suggest me some home remedies to cure d illness.
I am two month pregnant. My wait is increasing very rapidly. And my tummy becomes out in two months like 3-4 months. Har koi khne lga h ki abi se itna tummy dikhta h. I am in tension. How I manage my wait now a days. Can you please suggest any helpful ideas and diet chart for pregnant lady which can help to maintain weight and also good for baby. My fat deposits on thigh, Upper arms, waist, Upper back. I can't wear my old dresses.
My wife is pregnant and is in her 2nd month. She is suffering from severe loose motions since last 4 months. We consulted many good doctors at our place but still she has not been cured. What shall I do?
I had missed my period when I went to Dr. is come to know I am suffering from bilateral polycystic ovaries I am using medicine name neera Kya mey ya bimari sey hamesha k liya chitkara mil sakta hey Can I get pregnant? please doct help me I am too worried.
Hi doctor I took 6 months treatment of siphene 50 mg tablets course then 3 months without medicines that time I will be get pregnant means it is too long already 18 months over please tell me My egg not growing so she told. I don't have periods problem it is regular now.
Hot and spicy foods can numb your senses, quite literally! In every nook and corner, you will find people salivating over hot and spicy foods. For long, people were of the belief that such foods only harm your system, inviting unwanted health complications and disorders. Most parents try their best to keep their children away from such foods. But every cloud has a silver lining. Hot and spicy foods are not only about the cons.
Unfortunately, not many people are aware of the health benefits of hot and spicy foods. This article is an attempt to aware the readers of both the pros and cons of hot and spicy foods.
Health benefits associated with hot and spicy foods:
Hot and spicy foods, when consumed in moderation can work wonders for your system. Chillies, peppers, spices, the main ingredients which spice up a dish have many health benefits.
- Endorphins are your feel-good hormones. Together with serotonin, the hormones help to keep stress, anxiety, and depression at bay. They are great mood enhancers. Chilli peppers tend to elevate the levels of both these hormones in the body, helping you to fight stress better. Capsaicin, an important active component of chilli peppers has many advantages.
- It plays a pivotal role in lowering the flu symptoms.
- It has anti-carcinogenic properties.
- It comes as a relief for people suffering from stomach ulcers. Capsaicin effectively gets rid of the bacteria H.pylori, which causes stomach ulcer (in most cases).
- It also helps in lowering and maintaining the blood cholesterol level.
- If you have been struggling to lose weight, then capsaicin is what the doctors have just advised. It acts as a catalyst, accelerating the metabolism, thus enabling the body in rapid burning down of calories.
- In general, having spices in your diet elevates the HCl secretion in the stomach, thereby improving the overall digestion process.
- Research suggest spicy foods can bring about a remarkable improvement in the circulation process.
- Spicy foods may be a blessing for your heart. As per research, spicy foods go a long way in lowering the cases of strokes or heart attacks.
An excess of anything is bad. With merits come the demerits.
- Heartburn is common in people who eat very hot and spicy foods.
- Very spicy foods can cause stomach problems, including a stomach upset, stomach pain, and in extreme cases, even diarrhea.
- If you are a night owl by force (sleep does not come easily to you), spicy foods will only worsen the situation. Having hot and spicy foods for dinner, or just before retiring to bed is sure to doom your sleep.
- Extremely spicy foods can cause inflammation of the lining of the stomach, resulting in Gastritis.
- People who love eating very spicy foods are more likely to suffer from acid reflux problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hello I am 31 years old I delivered a baby 2 years ago n was having gestational diabetes during pregnancy. After delivery it was gone but wht precautions should b taken not to get the diabetes in future.
Actually My age is 19 I have done sex with my boyfriend I think he cum inside it not sure I have not take any pill what should I do now?
Hello mam mujhe ye janna h ki mai 17 march ko period se hui thi uske 4 april ko maine physical relationship banaya with out condom to kya maii pregnent ho jaongi. Thanks.
I hv pcod and the egg size is not increase it become 11 Dr. says that it happened because of hormone imbalance in that situation what can I do.
The act of pleasuring oneself is one topic, which has always been questioned by the society at large, but in reality it offers a number of benefits. Masturbation refers to the act of inducing sexual arousal and deriving pleasure from it by stimulating the genitals. This may be done using your own hands, sex toys, fingers or grouping together the effect of these. Mutual masturbation among partners is also a fairly common phenomenon. There are varied opinions on the topic, whether actual sexual penetration gives more pleasure or masturbation. Read on to find out what effect each has on your body and which one is more preferred by most people.
- Health benefits: Studies reveal that engaging in sexual intercourse is associated with a lot of health benefits like controlling your blood pressure level, keeping the prostrate and heart healthy for men, acting as a pain reliever etc. Masturbating may not affect your health in the way sex does, but it certainly has a different set of benefits, which includes preventing cancer, boosting immunity, reducing risks of premature ejaculation etc.
- Associated risks: Sexual intercourse often comes with various risks like STDs IF PARTNER IS INFECTED or chances of unwanted conception IF UNSAFE SEX. Masturbation has comparatively lower health risks than sex, though it is not entirely free from drawbacks. You can get skin irritations and in rare cases, even penile fractures due to excessive masturbation.
- Effect on relationship: The quality and frequency of the sexual intercourse you have with your partner has a direct effect on your relationship. However, masturbation mostly does not involve your partner's participation and so doesn't visibly have a reflection on your relationship.
- Role in knowing your sexual preferences: In case of both men and women, masturbation helps people to identify their sexual preferences and things which give them greater pleasure. This usually leads to a more satisfying sex life and is considered to be easier than figuring out what pleases you while having sex.
Even after considering the above points, which one (either sex or masturbation) gives you more pleasure, completely depends on your personal preferences.
It is summer, and that nice, tall drink of iced water is so tempting. But wait! Yes, cold water is refreshing, but have you ever wondered what it does to your body? You may already know that when you wash your face with hot/warm water, it opens up your pores and loosens your skin. On the other hand, washing your face with cold water closes the pores and tightens the skin. Now imagine this tightness in your digestive tract. Feels unpleasant, doesn’t it?
Here are more reasons as to why you should avoid drinking cold water:
1. When you drink cold water, or any other chilled beverage, it hinders your hydration, restricts your digestion and shrinks your blood vessels.
2. Drinking cold water changes your body’s internal temperature. Your body now uses the energy stored to regulate your temperature instead of digesting food and absorbing nutrients to produce energy.
3. Excessive mucus is created when you drink cold water after a meal. This leads to a decline in the function of your immune system, which makes you prone to catch illness and colds.
4. If you drink cold water with a meal or after it, fats in your food become solidified due to the low water temperature. The body now struggles to digest the nonessential fats from your body.
Some people claim that drinking cold water can burn calories better by making your digestive system work harder. However, this is not the correct way to burn calories! You don’t need to make your digestive system work harder. There are many other ways to burn calories. So, ditch that glass of cold water. Health experts vehemently agree that warm, or room temperature, water is best for the body.
Some benefits of warm water include:
1. Increased and faster hydration
2. Digestion is improved due to stimulation of natural digestive enzymes
3. Food is broken down with more ease
4. Better bowel movement, especially if you put lemon juice in warm water
5. Blood is purified and your body is naturally detoxified via your lymphatic system, kidney and skin
So the next time you sit down for a meal, grab that glass of room temperature water instead. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
One of the effects of pregnancy is lowered libido. Pregnancy can tire out a woman and put a hold on her relationship with her partner. Even after the baby is born, a woman may not feel inclined to have a sexual relationship with her partner. Though this is normal, it can lead to problems in your relationship. Hence it becomes important to put in an effort towards maintaining intimacy with your partner in a relationship. Here are a few ways to keep the spark alive:
Find alternative ways of staying close: Having intercourse when you have no desire for it makes it a chore. Instead of having sex for the sake of it, find other ways to be intimate. For example, you could take a shower together or massage each other. Being physically intimate can also be as simple as holding hands or touching your partner when you walk past them. A quick hug before leaving the house for work in the morning is also a good idea.
Communicate openly: A woman is not the only person hesitant about sex when pregnant or caring for her newborn. Men may also feel hesitant to initiate sex in the fear of hurting his woman. Many men also become extra gentle with regards to their partner when she is pregnant. Hence, it becomes important to communicate openly and share your feelings and thoughts. Do not be afraid to tell your partner when you feel uncomfortable about your body or when your libido surges suddenly.
Do something together: It is easy to get overwhelmed with preparing for a baby or looking after one. However, it is important to set some time aside for an activity that both of you can do together. It could be as simple as drinking a cup of tea together in the morning, solving a crossword puzzle or watching a television show at before going to bed. The idea is to give each other attention for at least a little time every day.
Accept the changes: A woman’s body undergoes a lot of changes when she is pregnant. Do not fight against these changes but accept them as they are and roll with it. Be prepared for breast milk to leak or for a little urinary incontinence. This is normal. It may help to dim the lights while having intercourse or putting down a rubber sheet over the bed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.