Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meera Chawla
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meera ChawlaYour feedback matters!
Hi lybrate, I am 25 years old Female, I got married 7 months back, and I have thyroid problem since 3 years, so I want to know weather this will effect my pregnancy and also please suggest as now I am taking allopathy medicine so weather can I change to Homeo pathy.
But doc I did have mutual masturbation on 26th of aug nd my period was due on 29th aug. Generally I delay a week each month but this time I was soo much stressed since aug first week and from 26th of aug onwards I was so scared if I would conceive due to mutual masturbation .I was sooo depressed and my periods didn't occur till date. I took 2 hpt one on 7th sep and the other on 15th sep both were negative so I got even more stressed that I didn't get my period. Can I be pregnant?
Hi doctor ,I got married in 2016 but not getting pregnant. My doctor suggest evacure than naturogest than siphene than uterzed syrup, fertolex but still not getting pregnant what may be the reason.
Why this month delay my period date. Normally it happens on date 2or 3 but it's now date 6 but it not happening.
I am a working women. I have a 2 months child. I need to store my breast milk for my kid. How long can I store the milk in the fridge?
Hi, m 25 height 5.4' weight 49 kg, last month I found that I have multiple small cysts in my both ovaries .Right now I am having hormone-f so what should be my diet?
I Hd sex on 27th nov n I hv takn ipill on 29th nite n again I Hd sex nxt 2 days I Hd taken I pill on 1st nite .will I b pregnant?
I have done pregnancy test today but it was negative then why my periods are soo late I am worried about it plss give me some suggestion doctor.
Hi, my wife is pregnant and we are not planning it now. Her date was due on 3 of this month. Please suggest.
Motherhood is a gift and though every woman understands this, only those who are infertile, really yearn for it. There are several reasons why some women aren’t able to conceive a baby naturally. One of the most common reasons is a blocked fallopian tube, in fact; almost 20% of female infertility cases are due to this cause. The good news, however, is that it is treatable.
Fallopian tubes are essentially two pipe like tubes surrounding the uterus that act as a transport mechanism between the sperm and the fertilised egg. If there is an obstruction in any of the tubes, the sperm won’t be able to reach the egg and hence forming an embryo will effectively be impossible.
There are several reasons why fallopian tubes may be blocked:
- Infection: Some of the most frequent cases that doctors witness on day to day basis is of blocked fallopian tubes that are caused due to an infection in the area. These could range from sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: This is an infection of the uterus (womb), ovaries and fallopian tubes, causing tissues to stick together, forming obstructions in your tubes. Severe cases may lead to pus filled abscesses developing in the ovaries and fallopian tubes.
- Endometriosis: A condition where parts of your uterus lining grow in other areas besides the uterus, such as fallopian tubes or ovaries.
- Hydrosalpinx: Formation of fluid inside the fallopian tubes is also known as distal tubal occlusion in medical terms. It can be treated through a surgical procedure called salpingectomy. Scar tissue, adhesions and damaged tube ends that may be caused through previous injury or surgery.
If you’re diagnosed with obstruction of fallopian tubes, don’t lose heart. Ask your gynaecologist to recommend the right treatment protocol, that will help you to conceive soon. They will conduct a laparoscopy, which is a surgical procedure to look inside your pelvic area and at your fallopian tubes to suggest the necessary course of action. Some of the options may include the following:
- IVF: In vitro fertilisation is one of the most common procedures to help you conceive. It is a non-invasive technique which is safe and effective.
- Tubal surgery: Depending on the position and extent of the fallopian tube blockage, tubal procedures can be done using microsurgical techniques, wherein the blocked or infected portion of the tube is removed and the two healthy ends of the tube are then joined.
- Medication: In cases of infection, over-the-counter medication or hormones may be given to the patient.
Though being a mother is a wonderful feeling, do not consider yourself unfortunate if you can’t conceive. Think of it as an opportunity presented to you, to adopt a child and to make his or her life complete. Motherhood can come in all forms, so be ready to embrace it in any way. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!