Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meera Chawla
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meera ChawlaYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old female and having vaginal infection with itchiness and pale yellow discharge from vagina. I am sexually active but didn't perform sex from one month.
I was having intercourse with my girlfriend with condom but after sperm, I took off my condom and put back my penis into her then suddenly took off it but didn't intercourse without condom, my penis head was having little sperm. will she get pregnant?
My friend had some quality time with her boyfriend 7 days ago. Her boyfriend rubbed his penis on her vagina. There was no intercourse. Can this make her pregnant?
Women, who travel during pregnancy, tend to face a lot of complications. However, most women can travel safely with a little advance preparation. In case you are pregnant and will be travelling locally or even overseas, take care and ensure to follow these tips so that you and your child remain protected and sound.
Different systems are utilised to classify medicines with respect to their use in and during pregnancy. As a rule, it is preferable to gather particular information depending upon the implications of a given medication during pregnancy instead of just relying on an over-the-counter medicine.
These are the important medicines that are required for women who travel during their pregnancy:
- Analgesics that can be utilised in pregnancy during travel include acetaminophen and a few opiates.
- Headache medicines like aspirin may be strong, therefore, try to take something with a little amount of the same salt. Other mitigating operators could bring about the untimely closure of the ductus arteriosus.
- Constipation may require a gentle mass laxative. A few direct cures are regularly helpful in removing the side effects of morning sickness after travel, and these may avert motion sickness as well.
- Nonprescription cures include ginger, which as a powder can be blended with food or beverages, for example, tea.
- It is likewise accessible in the form of candies as well.
- Also, pyridoxine (vitamin B6) is powerful in diminishing side effects of morning infection and is accessible in tablet frame, and also capsules and candies.
- Antihistamines, for example, meclizine and dimenhydrinate, are regularly utilised as a part of pregnancy for morning sickness and motion sickness and seem to have a decent health record.
- Medicines can be utilised to counteract or treat allergies or nausea. However, a large number of them can make you drowsy.
- Talk with your specialist about what is best for you in case that you think you require a solution for motion sickness. Regularly utilised solutions are diphenhydramine (Benadryl), dimenhydrinate (Dramamine), and scopolamine.
- In case that you get diarrhoea, the best thing to do is drink a lot of liquid refreshments while you sit and relax. In any case, your specialist may give you an anti-microbial you can take in case the loose motions are extreme. Try not to take items containing bismuth, for example, Pepto-Bismol or Kaopectate.
The main thing you need to do is meet with a specialist who has practical experience in travel pharmaceutical, no less than four to six weeks before you take off. A travel solution expert can audit your agenda, make suggestions relating to your health dangers and give you any antibiotics or medicines you may require. You need to likewise talk with your obstetrician about your travel as well so he or she can ensure it is all right for you to travel while you are expecting.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
After participating in sex with HIV PATIENT, within how many days the disease will be diagnosed by blood test if it is transmitted?
I am 26 years old female, I was on dhupaston and clomid from January - March as suggested by going. I had stopped them after using for 3 cycle also I didn't conceive. In May month AF was 7 days ahead, however in june am 9 days late now. I am on regular cycle of 29 days. I took home pregnancy test on day 27 and 31. Both were negative. Also I am taking Glycomet as prescribed by going for past 2 years. I am not taking any medicines without doctor's guidance. Could dhupaston, clomid cause delay in periods after its stoppage over months?
Uterine fibroids are abnormal growth that manifests in the uterus of the woman. Hormones and a family history of the same are the usual causes listed for such a growth. As per many medical reports, about 70 to 80% women over the age of 50 years, experience such growths. The most common symptoms of the condition include heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle or even at other times of the month, as well as severe pain in the abdomen.
Read on to know eight facts about these fibroids.
- These fibroids may be caused by a family history of the same and is usually passed down by the mother. The other causes include excessive hormonal imbalance and changes as well as pregnancy and obesity.
- Heavy urination is one of the most common symptoms of this condition, as the fibroids may press against the uterus and cause pressure in the area. Also, for those who have not reached menopause yet, this condition may also cause heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding.
- A Pelvic MRI scan is one of the most common ways of diagnosing the condition with the creation of images that will show any anomalies and growth in the uterus, ovaries and cervix.
- Medication may be used in order to control and regulate the levels of hormone production and release. This can affect the fibroids by making them shrink eventually.
- All fibroids do not point at the progression of cancer. If you have uterine fibroids, it does not mean that you have to have cancer. The symptoms may be similar and the condition is usually called uterine sarcoma. Usually, the diagnosis can only be done with the help of a sugary which will remove the growth and then study the same in the lab to find whether or not it is malignant. This process is known as a biopsy.
- They are the most common reason behind undergoing a hysterectomy. Many women, the world over, have to go through a hysterectomy, which removes the uterus and even the ovaries in some cases. This usually happens when the uterine fibroids become too huge to handle and may give rise to a variety of risks and complications.
- Pregnancy may become a difficulty if you happen to have uterine fibroids. While it is still possible to become pregnant and conceive naturally, many women face problems in doing so easily because these fibroids cause changes in the uterus when it comes to the shape and size of the same.
- Many women do not experience any symptoms of the condition at all. In such cases, no treatment will be required. Yet, even in these cases, the doctor will recommend regular clinical check ups and observation in order to ensure that there are no complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.