Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenu SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old female. Recently I got married. 2 years before I lost my right overy becoz of cysts. I am trying to pregnancy. Am I get pregnant? What should I do?
Resuming sex post pregnancy can take some time as the woman has to go through the initial phase of vaginal soreness and perpetual exhaustion before she can think of having sex. Whether a woman gives birth vaginally or through cesarian section, her body will require time to heal itself; and it is advisable to resume the intercourse only six weeks after childbirth.
Here are some of the common sex problems post-pregnancy:
1) An eager partner - Your partner might be ready for sexual intercourse but you are not. Even if it is six weeks after giving birth, when the wound inside has mostly healed and perhaps you're not sore anymore, you still may not want to have sex. This is because the hormones in your body are drastically changing, and the uterus is gradually shrinking and your episiotomy wound is progressively healing. In such situations, one should take it slow. Cuddling, kissing and spooning are some of the ways closeness can be fostered.
2) Delicate and tender breasts - Breasts may become sore, heavy and leaky due to nursing your baby. And it is natural after breastfeeding the whole day, one may wat them to be left alone at night. Wearing a nursing top or a tank top during sex is advised. Nursing your baby right before sex can also help as your breasts won't be as full and achy.
3) Sex won't feel the same - It is natural that after delivering a baby, sex won't feel exactly the same. This is because the vaginal muscles would be temporarily stretched out. And there is a chance of temporary soreness and inflammation within the vagina. Kegel exercises may help to get back on track.
So, in case you're a woman and felt strange about not being up for sex post your pregnancy, there's absolutely nothing to be stressed about. And men, if you are reading this tip, your woman needs you to understand her even more after her becoming a mother; so, treat her with utmost care. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am suffering from pain in stomach for more than 10 days. My periods are not started than I test my urine and result is positive. So, now what I will do? please suggest.
I have a pcod issue can you just suggest me what precautions should I take and what are my dos and do nots pls help me reduce my weight.
During sex if male sperm discharge some time earlier then female discharge. Is that time pregnancy chances became less or its impossible to pregnant? Kindly clear my question.
How to reduce Brest size? My wife hava a big brest size nd she is not comfort to this problem so please give Dr. give me good solution but not surgery I do.
Its that safe to sex during on periods Having a sex on periods if we don't use protection then is can be chances to be pregnant fastest then normal time sex.
I am on birth control pills .but I have a question. I just completed my one month pack 3 days earlier. N now m waiting for my periods. I had unprotected sex yesterday n today. Though he did not ejaculate inside. Shud I be worried. My last period was on 30th of the previous month.
Hi! I and my boyfriend had a unprotected sex, 3 days before of my periods. He did not released his sperm inside. Does I get pregnant?
Divya had a pill twice in this month due to unprotected sex one on 4 July n one on 19 July . Her periods used to come on 21 July but no sign till 24 . Please advise if we need to check with doctor or is that normal.
My friend has a slight swelling on her right labia majora with no pain or itching or any symptoms of an infections. Could you please advise as to why this has happened n wat can be done to cure it.
Yes doctor. my daughter is in her adolescent age of 13 in class 9th. But please help me that how this problem should not drift in depression .what I am suppose to do to help her. And thanks for answer.
The condition occurs when white blood cells attack the cells in hair follicles, causing them to shrink and dramatically slow down hair production. It is unknown precisely what causes the body's immune system to target hair follicles in this way.
While scientists are unsure why these changes occur, it seems that genetics are involved as alopecia areata is more likely to occur in a person who has a close family member with the disease. One in five people with the disease has a family member who has also developed alopecia areata.
Other research has found that many people with a family history of alopecia areata also have a personal or family history of other autoimmune disorders, such as atopy (a disorder characterized by a tendency to be "hyperallergicThyroiditis,Vitiligo .Despite what many people think, there is very little scientific evidence to support the view that alopecia areata is caused by stress. Extreme cases of stress could potentially trigger the condition, but most recent research points toward a genetic cause.
My wife give birth a baby on 31/03/2017 by Operation (scissors) this year after 3 months 20/06/17 was last MC of my wife she get pregnant please give us advice and also mybaby expired on 27/06/17 due to hole in heart.
Foods that you must eat to gear up your metabolism and they will help you lose weight:
- Protein rich foods: Protein rich foods, such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy, legumes, nuts and seeds, could help increase your metabolism for a few hours. They do so by requiring your body to use more energy to digest them. This is known as the thermic effect of food (TEF). The TEF refers to the number of calories needed by your body to digest, absorb and process the nutrients in your meals. Research shows that protein-rich foods increase TEF the most. Protein-rich diets also reduce the drop in metabolism often seen during weight loss by helping your body hold on to its muscle mass. What’s more, protein may also help keep you fuller for longer, which can prevent overeating.
- Iron, zinc and selenium rich foods: Iron, zinc and selenium each play different but equally important roles in the proper function of your body. However, they do have one thing in common: all three are required for the proper function of your thyroid gland, which regulates your metabolism. Research shows that a diet too low in iron, zinc or selenium may reduce the ability of your thyroid gland to produce sufficient amounts of hormones. This can slow down your metabolism. To help your thyroid function to the best of its ability, include zinc, selenium and iron rich foods like meat, legumes, nuts and seeds in your daily menu.
- Chilli peppers: Capsaicin, a chemical found in Chilli peppers, may boost your metabolism by increasing the number of calories and fat you burn. Capsaicin may have appetite-reducing properties.
- Coffee: Studies report that the caffeine found in coffee can help increase metabolic rate by up to 11%. Furthermore, caffeine may also help your body burn fat for energy and seems especially effective at boosting your workout performance. However, its effects seem to vary from person to person, based on individual characteristics such as body weight and age.
- Tea: According to research, the combination of caffeine and catechins that’s found in tea may work to boost your metabolism. In particular, both oolong and green tea may increase metabolism by 4–10%. This could add up to burning an extra 100 calories per day. In addition, oolong and green teas may help your body use stored fat for energy more effectively, increasing your fat-burning ability by up to 17%. Nevertheless, as is the case with coffee, effects may vary from person to person.
- Legumes and pulses: Legumes and pulses, such as lentils, peas, chickpeas, beans and peanuts, are particularly high in protein compared to other plant foods. Studies suggest that their high protein content requires your body to burn a greater number of calories to digest them, compared to lower-protein foods. Legumes also contain a good amount of dietary fiber, such as resistant starch and soluble fiber, which your body can use to feed the good bacteria living in your intestines. Legumes are also high in arginine, an amino acid that may increase the amount of carbs and fat your body can burn for energy. In addition, peas and lentils also contain substantial amounts of the amino acid glutamine, which may help increase the number of calories burned during digestion.
- Metabolism boosting spices: Certain spices are thought to have particularly beneficial metabolism-boosting properties. For instance, research shows that dissolving 2 grams of ginger powder in hot water and drinking it with a meal may help you burn up to 43 more calories than drinking hot water alone. This hot ginger drink also seems to decrease levels of hunger and enhance feelings of satiety. Similarly, adding cayenne pepper to your meal may increase the amount of fat your body burns for energy, especially following a high-fat meal. However, this fat-burning effect may only apply to people unaccustomed to consuming spicy foods.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar may increase your metabolism. In one study, mice given vinegar experienced an increase in the AMPK enzyme, which prompts the body to decrease fat storage and increase fat burning. In another study, obese rats treated with vinegar experienced an increase in the expression of certain genes, leading to reduced liver fat and belly fat storage. Apple cider vinegar help you lose weight in other ways, such as slowing stomach emptying and enhancing feelings of fullness. If you’d like to give apple cider vinegar a try, be careful to limit your daily consumption to two tablespoons (30 ml).
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is experiencing a surge in popularity. That may be partly because coconut oil is high in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). This is contrary to most other types of fats, which usually contain higher amounts of long-chain fatty acids. Unlike long-chain fats, once MCTs are absorbed, they go directly to the liver to be turned into energy. This makes them less likely to be stored as fat. In addition, researchers report that a daily intake of 30 ml of coconut oil may successfully reduce waist size in obese individuals.
- Water: Drinking enough water is a great way to stay hydrated. Additionally, it seems that drinking water may also temporarily boost metabolism by 24–30%. About 40% of that increase may come from your body trying to match the water’s temperature to its own. Yet, the effects only seem to last for 60–90 minutes after drinking it and may vary from one person to another.
Dear Sir, I am 22 years old. My period was on time this month on 21st June and on 3 day it was completed. But on the 4th day of it I engaged with my boyfriend for sex with condom , but the problem was I was in tension so my boyfriend bring an I pill. So I took ipill on 26 june 16 within 48 hrs only . But after taking tab I was having no problem, but after 5 days taking ipill i.e. on 2nd july I was suffering from pain at urine area, headache I got a bleeding from where period comes. So I am worried about it. On 3rd day of period ie on 5th july 2016 I fear and go to local doctor he gave me some homeopathy medicine and with in 2 days it stop my bleeding but again today on 8th July'16 bleed when I urine so I fear so please help me is it normal or any problem all this because of I pill tab only. Or is there will be any problem for me from this?. Please doctor help me. Please help me.
Is it always better to have'roti' at both lunch and dinner time if I've fasting 110 mg/dl and pp is 182mg/dl.
Causes of Nocturia:
2.Drinking too much fluid during the evening
3.Infection of the bladder or urinary tract
4.Enlarged prostate gland (BPH)
5. Diabetes mellitus
Treatment of Nocturia:
Treatment for nocturia is directed at the underlying cause. For example, improvement in blood sugars can help in uncontrolled diabetes. If an obstructing prostate gland is the cause, a medication or surgery to reduce the size of the prostate will help. The use of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) in someone with sleep apnea can reduce associated nocturia. In a rare condition known as diabetes insipidus, use of a synthetic version of antidiuretic hormone (desmopressin) will help. If taking diuretic medication is responsible, the medication administration may need to be moved to earlier in the day to avoid having to void during the night.
When the underlying cause is not serious enough to warrant specific treatment, several lifestyle measures may help:
Limit fluid intake 3 hours prior to bedtime
Restrict consumption of coffee, caffeinated beverages, and alcohol in the evening.
Elevate legs in the evening to help prevent the development of lower extremity edema.
Wear compression stockings if venous disease is causing fluid accumulation.
Pre-emptive voiding prior to going to bed may delay the need to urinate during the night.