Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenu SinghYour feedback matters!
Mai 5 month se prgnant hu. Mai doctor ke advice se MEBEX TAB, ZANOCIN 200, ALKASOL SYRUP 5 days ke liye lena hai. Iske sath shelcal hd and iron tab. Entroquinol, zerograin, bael (himalya) ko last 1 month se le rahi hu. Is medecine se child par koi asar to nahi parega na. Iske sath vagina pani jaisa thora sa nikal raha hai aur upar ke bahri kinare par khujli ho rahi hai. Abhi mai out of station hu aur apne doctor se contact nahi kar pa rahi hu. Please help.
I am 21 years old I have done sex 10 July and take ipill in 1 hr and my periods date is 29 July so how can I share I am okay with no pregnancy please tell me.
Hello I was 1 month pregnant and took mifty kit, after taking mifepristone I took 2 tablets of misoprostol after 24 hrs, within 20 min of consuming the tablet, I vomited and then again in the evening I took 1 misoprostol and 1 tablet next day in the morning. I have bleeding only for 6 days is it normal or not.
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.
I had sex many a times. But the fact is that I get tired after a while doing missionary position. please suggest something to improve this and some tips on spicing my sex life.Please tell.
I am 46 year old female and has undergone hysterectomy 7 years before I have severe body pain and foot pain especially in the big toe.
A pessimistic attitude increases the risk for death from heart disease, a new study reports. The researchers followed 2, 267 men and women 52 to 76 years old. At the start of the study participants were presented six statements and asked to rate, on a 0 to 4 scale, how well the statements applied to them. The text was either positive (for example, in uncertain times, I usually expect the best) or negative (if something can go wrong for me, it will). The scientists found that those in the highest one-quarter of scores on pessimism were more than twice as likely to die of heart disease as those in the lowest one-quarter.
your personality traits can make physical health worse, if you're pessimistic and have some health issues, then it's even more important to take care of your physical health.
I had unprotected sex a lot of times this month but took emergency pills after 48 hours of each encounter, which must be thrice or maybe 4 times. I am 20 days late for my periods and took the pregnancy test which was negative. Am I pregnant? If yes then are there pills for abortion available in India?
Hi Doc, I have been missing my periods since last two months, consulted a gym and she advised to take Duphaston tablets after which my periods resumed. I usually have a 28-days cycle but since I skipped my periods in between, should I consider my last period dates as my next periods date? Am planning for a baby now and wanted to know my ovulation days. When should I start with OPK? Please help.
I am 28 year old woman and a mother of 3 year old kid. I am having irregular periods from my puberty onward. I am maintaining a healthy bmi, my height is 154cm, nd weight 49-50kg. I dont have pimples or facial hair. Bt my hair started falling heavily after delivery, dat too from the front portion of the head. Quarterly only i'm having periods, and flow and duration are normal. I dont have any significant difficulty or health issues except dis long gaps. What should I do?
Hi, I was done with my periods. It was the last day. Had unprotected sex with my partner the same night. Next morning it was all clean. But in the evening was stained with blood. Is it implantation? Looking forward for your kind reply.
My friend had some quality time with her boyfriend 7 days ago. Her boyfriend rubbed his penis on her vagina. There was no intercourse. Can this make her pregnant?
I have my question regarding my wife as she is getting weak day by day .What should be the reason. We are married before six years. We have three child's. From the very early She is severely affected of tooth decay And also she feels suffocation during night when she sleep on back.
Had unprotected sex only in september, Then October periods got delayed so took meprate. Periods came But in november periods missed. Could it be pregnancy?
I had miscarriage on 6 december 2016 .now after 4 months we want to plan again. Doctor asked to go for torch test and it came positive. Rubella igM 3.98 herpes 5.98 cytomgla igG 3.05.doctor said to plan on pregnancy but nothing can be done to control these antibodies that has been developed due to infection. Another doctor advised rovamycin forte to treat infection. And advised not to plan baby for 3 months. I M VERY CONFUSED please ADVICE WHAT TO DO. IF I CONCEIVE WILL THERE B ANY ABNORMALITY IN BABY DUE TO THESE VIRUS. SEEKING your ADVICE. THNK YOU.
Calcium consumption is essential for bone development and maintenance throughout life, yet more than one half of the female population in the United States does not consume the recommended amount of calcium. Calcium intake is especially crucial during pregnancy and lactation because of the potential adverse effect on maternal bone health if maternal calcium stores are depleted. There is often a transient lowered bone mineral density and increased rate of bone resorption, with the greatest consequence during the third trimester and throughout lactation. Studies indicate that calcium consumption should be encouraged, especially during pregnancy and lactation, to replace maternal skeletal calcium stores that are depleted during these periods. Because the fetus in utero and the neonate through breast-feeding are dependent on maternal sources for the total calcium load, adequate maternal calcium intake also can affect fetal bone health positively. Proper calcium consumption can be attained through the diet by the consumption of dairy products or leafy greens (such as kale), the consumption of fortified foods, or by supplementation with widely available calcium-containing supplement products. Because many women experience heartburn during pregnancy, calcium-based antacids are ideal for providing heartburn relief, and they offer a calcium supplement to ensure maternal and fetal bone health, without the danger of adverse effects on the neonate.
Ovarian cysts are a common development in many women. Cysts are sacs filled with fluid which are formed in the female ovaries. Most cysts are harmless and do not even show any symptoms. However, some cysts do show outward symptoms like heavy bleeding, clotting, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain during the menstrual cycle, and pain during sex.
If you feel any of the above-mentioned discomforts, it will be in your best interest to consult a gynaecologist and get a check-up done. Most cysts are manageable unless they are very severe. In fact, it is best that cysts come to light at the right time and are efficiently managed, unless they develop into severe issues in the future.
Management of cysts
- Oftentimes, medical practitioners resort to what is called ‘watchful waiting’.
- At times, ovarian cysts disappear in a few months.
- It is recommended to take a blood test and an ultrasound to see the progress of the cyst.
- If you have already experienced menopause, then these tests are carried out every four months. This is because in such cases the risk of an ovarian cancer is at its highest and regular monitoring of the cyst is necessary.
Treatment of cysts
Ovarian cysts can be treated in their earlier stages. Here are some of the most popular treatments.
- Laparoscopy is one of the most popular treatments. It is a surgery carried out under general anaesthesia. The tummy is cut to a radius of a key hole and a laparoscope is inserted. This helps the doctor to see the internal organs, which is then used to remove the cyst. This method is less painful and has a quick recovery time.
- Laparotomy is the other method used for removing a cyst. In case the cyst is large, then one single large hole is made in the body to access the cyst. At times, the cyst and the ovaries are removed and sent for further laboratory inspection. This inspection is done to detect whether the samples are cancerous or not. This procedure is more complex than the previous one and might need the patient to stay in the hospital for a few days.
- In case you have a cancerous cyst, then your reproductive part itself would have to be removed rendering you barren for your life.
Ovarian cyst is very much treatable and is best to be detected at an earlier stage for better and faster treatment. Thus, it is best to go for regular check-ups and report in case of any disturbing symptoms.