Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenu Satija
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenu SatijaYour feedback matters!
Sir, After the treatment of fungus, I have a lot of itching in vaginal areas. It's about three months I have reached a large amount of doctors (dermatologists) but no relief on itching.
Many people choose to utilize essential oils for asthma, as they can reduce respiratory inflammation and prevent a severe reaction to the triggers from asthma. By definition, asthma is the chronic inflammation of the airway, typically caused by certain triggers in the environment, or through physical activity. An asthma attack is basically an allergic reaction, in which the immune system overreacts to a trigger, sending a rush of blood and histamines to the respiratory tracts. This can cause a release of mucus in the airways and swelling of the respiratory tracts, making it difficult to breathe. When combined with the inflammation of the tissues, this can cause spasms in the respiratory system, causing wheezing and coughing.
Some of the most common triggers for asthma include cigarette smoke, animal dander, changes in weather, physical exertion, respiratory infections, sulfides in certain foods and beverages, perfumes, environmental pollutants and chemical irritants. With such a wide range of potential triggers, asthma is an unpredictable and dangerous condition. Some asthmatic attacks can be fatal if rapid treatment (via an inhaler or essential oil) is not administered. Some people develop asthma as they get older, while others are genetically predisposed and suffer from this condition from childhood. Due to the potential risks of asthma attacks, pharmaceutical treatments of asthma are highly recommended by doctors, but essential oils for asthma, particularly in mild cases, can be very effective.
List of best essential oils for asthma:
Some of the most useful essential oils for asthma include chamomile, clove, peppermint, lavender, eucalyptus, oregano, thyme, frankincense and tea tree oils.
1. Thyme oil
With its immune-boosting properties, as well as its expectorant and antibacterial abilities, thyme oil is ideal for asthma sufferers, as it can clear out the excess mucus in the respiratory tracts and eliminate infections that can exacerbate asthma symptoms.
How to use – this essential oil can be added to a steam inhalation treatment, or mixed with other aromatic compounds or carrier oils and applied to the chest, where it can be inhaled throughout the night for clear breathing in the morning.
2. Lavender oil
There are certain sedative and anti-inflammatory properties of lavender oil that make it ideal for treating asthma. It can reduce swelling in the respiratory tracts and soothe muscle contractions, preventing the bronchospasms that can cause wheezing.
How to use – you can add lavender oil to a warm bath and inhale deeply from the aromatic fumes, or mix lavender oil with jojoba oil and apply it to the chest as a vapor rub. After 20-30 minutes, you can wipe your chest clean, as the smell can be quite potent.
￼3. Eucalyptus oil
One of the active ingredients in eucalyptus oil, eucalyptol, is a known expectorant that can also break up excess mucus in the respiratory tracts, making it easier to breathe, while also soothing ;inflammation in the throat and breathing passages.
How to use – add 4-5 drops of eucalyptus oil to a pot of steaming water, cover your head with a towel, and breathe deeply so the microparticles of the oil can do their essential work in your respiratory tracts.
4. Oregano oil
Asthma symptoms are often compounded or exacerbated by respiratory infections and a weak immune system; oregano oil is packed with antibacterial and antiviral compounds that can boost your respiratory health and make your immune system less susceptible to overreactions in the form of asthmatic attacks.
How to use – do not use this oil in an inhaler or room diffuser, as it can cause breathing difficulties. However, when rubbed on the chest, neck or throat, it can absorb into the skin and provide relief.
5. Tea tree oil
When an irritant or asthma trigger enters the body, it stimulates an immune system response in the form of excess mucus production and inflamed airways. Tea tree oil can directly counter this response by the body and prevent a serious asthma episode.
How to use – due to the potency of tea tree oil, it should only be inhaled, rather than topically applied. Add 5-6 drops to a pot of steaming water, cover your head with a towel and breathe deeply for rapid, soothing relief.
6. Frankincense oil
This is one of the best essential oils for asthma, as it can not only reduce inflammation in the airways, but also prevent allergic reactions by the body. It will cut through mucus and relieve tightness in the chest, promoting normal, healthy breathing, even in the midst of an asthma attack.
How to use – many people choose to diffuse frankincense oil into the air for all-day relief from respiratory conditions, although applying a diluted version of this oil (with coconut oil) to your chest at night can help you breathe normally all night for uninterrupted sleep.
7. Clove oil
The anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties of this popular essential oil make it the perfect choice for asthma patients; it can prevent the respiratory tracts from seizing up when an allergen is detected, while also easing muscle tension in the throat so breathing can continue without interruption.
How to use – clove oil has a wonderful aroma, making it a popular choice in room diffusers, as well as steam inhalation treatments. Some people choose to mix it with a carrier oil (such as almond or olive oil) and use it as a chest rub. However, sensitivity to this oil is quite high, so never place the undiluted oil on the skin.
8. Peppermint oil
Armed with decongestant, anti-spasmodic, soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, peppermint oil is an excellent remedy for asthma sufferers, even during an asthma attack. It can open the breathing passages and prevent an asthma attack from becoming more severe.
How to use – you can topically use peppermint oil on your chest to promote good respiratory health, or add a few drops of this oil in a steaming pot for an inhalation treatment. Adding 10 drops to a warm bath and inhaling deeply as you soak is also a good approach for asthma.
9. Chamomile oil
This legendary anti-inflammatory oil is able to soothe respiratory inflammation and support the immune system, making it less likely to overreact to potential triggers. It can also function as an expectorant to eliminate excess mucus from the throat and lungs, making asthma attacks less severe.
How to use – you can add a few drops of chamomile oil to a cup of chamomile tea for a direct treatment of the respiratory tracts, although you can also inhale this oil during a steam inhalation treatment to help you keep your breathing clear all day.
A word of warning
The inhalation or application of essential oils for asthma can be extremely effective, but there are a number of risks associated with essential oil use. Allergic reactions can be common, along with skin inflammation and gastrointestinal distress (when consumed). Furthermore, some essential oils are slower acting than others, so in the midst of an asthma attack, they may not provide the instantaneous relief that is necessary. If you are an asthma sufferer, it is critical that you speak to your doctor about the severity of your condition and the potential risks of using essential oils for asthma. Severe cases of asthma can result in impaired or completely blocked respiratory function, so great care should be taken when treating this potentially fatal form of inflammation.
I have completed my marriage 4 years. I am trying to conceive but no results. I have done all tests nd laparoscopy too. Everything is normal. My husband test is also fine. So please let us know what should we do?
Hi, My friend took ipill for the first time and she is 24, will it have adverse effects even though she was not pregnant n she took I pill.
Hi doc I am 28 years yesterday I had fever so went to doc I had 106 fever and bp was 96/60 today fever is reduced but bp is 80/60 and me and my husband are planning to conceive I wanted to know whether low bp and taking antibiotic affects in conceiving please help.
Could you ever imagine your life without herbs and spices? They, not only spice up your cuisine but your health as well. Starting right from providing the essential tinge to the various foods you cook to enhancing one's appearance, the contribution of herbs and spices is immense in an Indian household. They even help preserve cooked food for longer periods of time. Herbs and Spices have antibacterial and antiviral properties. Most of the herbs and spices are high in B-vitamins and trace minerals. For instance, true sea salt contains 93 trace minerals. Endowed with medicinal properties, they also remedy various afflictions, devoid of any side-effects.
All spices originate from plants: fruits, seeds, flowers, barks, roots and leaves.
Here is a list of spices and herbs which play a pivotal role in maintaining your health:
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon, a widely used spice, constitutes a compound called ‘cinnamaldehyde’. This composition stimulates natural production of insulin and works therapeutically on your blood sugar and cholesterol count. Besides, being a potent antioxidant, it helps alleviate inflammation too.
- Sage: Sage, a derivative of the Latin word ‘Salvere’, which means “to save”, this herb does miracles in strengthening your memory and brain power, especially for people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
- Peppermint: With a long list of benefits in aromatherapy (use of natural oils for improving health) and folk medicine, a massage with peppermint oil helps to soothe muscle cramps caused by irritable movement of bowels and lowers abdominal bloating resulting from troubled digestion. Furthermore, peppermint reduces nausea that is so commonly experienced after a C-section surgery.
- Turmeric: The spice rendering a yellow tint to your curry contains an ingredient called ‘curcumin’. Curcumin, a powerful antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory agent, is used to treat numerous chronic diseases such as arthritis or cancer.
- Holy Basil: Considered a sacred herb in India, Holy Basil improves the functioning of the immune system. Additionally, it cures anxiety and depression and normalizes the blood sugar levels.
- Ginger: Ginger mixed with cinnamon and sesame oil relieves stiffness and pain in the body caused by osteoarthritis (a degenerative joint disease). Its effects are similar to those of aspirin; in the way that it heals inflammation and remedies nausea.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek regulates the functioning of the insulin hormone and helps normalize blood sugar levels if consumed daily. It is said to boost libido as well, although studies are yet to validate this fact.
- Garlic: If you fall sick quite often, garlic might just be the right ingredient to incorporate into your diet, owing to its properties that help combat the common cold. It is effective in lowering high cholesterol and blood pressure too.
Hello doctor, last time after sex their was a bleeding from lower part of my vagina. What to do for this.
Namaste, I am Dr. Surjeet Kaur Baba, practicing Ayurveda physician, cosmetologist, skin anesthetic trichologist and nutritionist. Today we will talk on lifestyle disorders and how we can handle it with Ayurveda. Our lifestyle has taken a lot of toll on our health giving rise to many diseases like diabetes, hypertension, obesity and also depression. So how can we make changes in our lifestyle to handle it. It is very simple.
- We need to incorporate more walk in our daily life, eat less or eat in a smaller plate.
- We need to include diet like seasonal vegetables and fruits, have whole meals, have whole grains in your meals.
- Let's incorporate yoga and pranayama.
- Try to take maximum walk during the day.
- Take the stairs in case if you are going to your office or your home.
- Meditation plays imporatnat role in the improvement but sounds difficult. It's very difficult to meditate if you just start on your own but Ayurveda has a way to do it. It helps you through shirodhara. A stream of warm oil flows on to the center of the forehead. It's also known as a third eye. This stimulates the pituitary gland and gives you a very blissful experience. You should experience it in order to understand.
- There are few medications available to help you in your weight loss. Medicines like Garcinia, Gogol, triphala, Nishod etc also help in losing weight and also helps in removing toxins from the body.
- Last but not the least you need to grab good amount of sleep. A minimum of six to eight hours of sleep is essential for a sound health.Friends don't forget, you need not sleep during day time as it is totally contraindicated in Ayurveda. One can also relax by taking a Birmingham treatment in an ear by clinic.
Let us incorporate the Ayurveda way of lifestyle for sound health. For more information please visit www.lybrate.com. Thank you.
Hello Doctor, I missed my period. My tummy feels bloated, I have nausea, I feel thirsty very soon, I get a sudden tingle in my breast and feel hungry much frequently than usual. Please advise.
I have 2 tumors in my uterus. I can't conceive a child also. I am married for 3 years. So what should I do.
i Am 26 years old. I had my abortion using pills last month, bt still I have not got my monthly period for this month, why this is delaying and when it come normal.
पूरा प्रोटीन ना होने के कारण संक्रमणों के खिलाफ प्रतिरोध में कमी, घाव भरने में देरी और बीमारियों से ठीक होने मे देरी हो सकती है। आहार में पर्याप्त प्रोटीन्स के बिना एंटीबाॅडीज़ का निमार्ण नहीं हो पाता और रोग प्रतिरोधक क्षमता कम हो जाती है।
जब हमारे शरीर में प्रोटीन की कमी होती है तो हम नॉन नूट्रिशनल और अन्हेल्थी खाने की तरफ भागते हैं। इन खाद्य पदार्थों में शकर की मात्रा ज्यादा होती है, जिसे कैंडी, चॉकलेट, पास्ता, चिप्स, और कोल्ड ड्रिंक्स। अगर आपको इन सब खाद्य पदार्थों को खाने का मन हो रहा है तो आपके अंदर प्रोटीन की कमी है।
अधिक जानकारी के लिए ssohm सर्च करे!
Spacing pregnancies is an essential part of family planning. Although it rests on individual preferences, there are certain psychological and economical factors associated with it.
Factors That Decide The Spacing Of Pregnancy-
- The mother’s childbearing abilities, general health and fertility.
- The family’s income and financial condition.
- The choice to have more than one child.
- Pressure from the family members to go through another pregnancy.
- The child’s wish to have sibling/s.
Risk Associated With Close Consecutive Pregnancies-
- Health risks, especially in case of a very recent C-section. The mother may not be able to recover fully from the physical or mental stress of pregnancy,
- None of the children receive wholesome attention from parents as both will be very young. This may create resentment in both children.
- The second baby may have very low birth weight.
- Depletion of nutrients in the mother’s body. This can happen in case the mother has been breastfeeding recently.
- There can be genital inflammation during the second childbirth and labour.
- There are researches that show the increasing rate of autism in the second born child who the mother delivers within a short span, after the first pregnancy.
Risks Associated With Pregnancies Spaced Too Far Apart-
- Sometimes there are risks of premature babies and low birth weight.
- Some mothers may be slightly unwilling to go through the entire process of bringing up a child, as it is emotionally and physically very demanding.
- It might pose some birth complications if the mother does not have age on her side.
Besides these, spacing out pregnancies may actually be beneficial because it provides the first child enough love and care. Also, at a certain age, the child is mature enough to welcome a new member. He or she may even want to share responsibilities with parents in looking after the young baby. In this way, none of the children are denied attention. Also, once a woman goes through the entire experience of motherhood, she will find it easier to go through the process once more, without panicking. Parents are also able to take up the responsibility of the second child with more maturity as they are better informed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.