Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi WadheraYour feedback matters!
I am 55 years age male. I am having hearing problems since 2 years. I smoke occasionally and drink regularly. I am non vegetarian. Pls advice me the best precautions.
Sir I am 24 year old male and I am suffering from hearing loss from last 5 years mainly in the high frequency region. Please tell me some solution or exercises to recover from this problem. Sir I am also suffering from ankylosing spondelitis. From last 4 years but my hearing problem is the older one. And Dr. Has given me donica and donica s-r for my spondelitis problem? these two problems make my life very tough.
Ask 10'll get an answer right down the middle so I'll ask on here. I know with Peri and menopause sugar isn't it's not good in general for anyone and you always hear watch your caffeine (because of hormones) So, which is chocolate or milk.
I am having trouble in hearing. I am only 45 can I have hearing problem in this age. I am not that old. Can this be because I have to communicate on headphones due to my work.
My mother is 85 years of age. She had loss of hearing but in lase ten days we find that there is sudden drop in her hearing. Kindly suggest what we should do ?
I am using widex B32 high power hearing aids from last 10 years. Now I want to change new hearing aids. Which company' s and which model of high power aids are best?
My 8 years old daughter recently came across from less hearing issue. We have done audiolist test two time in 15 days and found that his hearing capacity is increased from early level. Many learned doctors on this site advice us to go for hearing aids for her betterment. Thanks to all. My further question is, if she do not wear hearing aids will her hearing will lose further? Any treatment in other pathy is useful. I am little reluctant to use hearing aids. She otherwise response normally. Only on some occasion she complaint of less hearing. Please Guide .
My mother (age - 48) fixated with hearing problems since last two years and my younger sister (28) also used ear machine since last 3 year. I have faced hearing problems (especially left ear). Is this is a genetic problem?
I have blurring sight low sight in dark and hearing problem sir please suggest me suitable cure so I can live normal life.
My age 62 male I have acidity problem pl. Suggest ayurved medicine. As will I have less hair problem. My question only ayurved and homeopathic doctor.
I have a hearing problem what should I do I have just 21 years old, wil you give a suggestions for that? And also give a precautions for that.
From early childhood, I have severe hearing loss in my right ear. I do not remember whether it was from birth or was a result of some hitting done on my right ear by one of the bullies (i remember the incident remotely, though can not attribute the hearing loss to that). My left ear is perfect and am a healthy guy of 42 years doing very well professionally and part of top management in one of the reputed companies. I had at the age of 18 years went for a ent check up where they diagnosis as severe hearing loss in the right ear. However, when I put in a earphone in my right ear and tightly close my left ear to close any sound, I can remotely hear, but only very light sounds. My query is, can I try to recover my right ear hearing or leave it? Is there any hope of recovery? Though you might say it needs to be checked, but what do you make out first cut from the details that I have provided? Now a days with so much advances in med sciences, I am hoping you cd help me with your valuable advice and way forward.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.
For what purpose MONIT GTN -2.6 tablets ARE USED FOR? RECENTLY MY FATHER GOT FELT PRESSURE ON HEART FOR SOME TIME AFTER THAT HE FELT NORMAL. DOCTOR AFTER HEARING OUR PROBLEM HE GAVE THIS TABLET IN PRESCRIPTION.
I listen to songs via headphones most of the time at least 4 to 8 hrs a day but then my right ear started paining so I reduced the usage of headphones gradually now I rarely use it maybe half hour a day. Is been around 6 month since I reduced the usage time of headphones. Now a days at night time my ear pain starts and hearing a ringing sound for past 2 months. What could be the problem?
Hi I have cholesterol. Tremor in hand, gas, eye irritation, can not look in bright light, sound in ear.
I am from ankleshwar (gujarat). My 6 year' s daughter have hearing problem. I make bera test from a ent doctor of surat before six-seven months. He tells me that her hearing capacity is on border line and problem will be cleared as her age is growing up, but I can' t saw any improvement in it. So, please give some suggestion how can I make my daughter normal.
Chewing chewing gum good or bad for teeth? Some genuine advice please. If good which one is advisable?
Hearing loss is a common sensory problem that generally develops with increasing age or due to prolonged or persistent exposure to loud noises. It is one of the most typical problems that occurs throughout the world. If you are suffering from partial hearing loss, you may find ways of keeping in touch with your family and friends. If you are not suffering from such the following may help you keep your hearing intact for years to come.
Types of hearing loss:
There are two main types of hearing loss:
1. Conductive Hearing Loss where the problem lies in the middle ear, eardrum or ossicles. A conductive hearing loss affects the passage of sound between the eardrum and the inner ear. Sound passes down the ear canal to the ear drum and through the middle ear, where the sound is transmitted across the middle ear by the three bones called the ossicles to the inner ear.
Causes of conductive hearing loss:
- Malformation of outer ear, ear canal, or middle ear structures
- Fluid in the middle ear from colds
- Ear infection (otitis media - an infection of the middle ear in which an accumulation of fluid may interfere with the movement of the eardrum and ossicles
- Poor Eustachian tube function
- Perforated eardrum
- Benign tumors
- Impacted earwax
- Infection in the ear canal
- Foreign body in the ear
2. Sensorineural Hearing Loss where there is damage in the inner ear, cochlea or hearing nerve. Sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) occurs when there is damage to the inner ear (cochlea), or to the nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain. Most of the time, SNHL cannot be medically or surgically corrected. This is the most common type of permanent hearing loss.
Causes of sensorineural hearing loss:
- Exposure to loud noise
- Head trauma
- Virus or disease
- Autoimmune inner ear disease
- Hearing loss that runs in the family
- Aging (presbycusis)
- Malformation of the inner ear
- Meniere's Disease
Coping with Hearing Loss:
Antibiotics and eardrops are often prescribed to treat hearing loss and its symptoms. In many cases, people suffering from severe hearing loss use hearing aids. Hearing aids are tiny instruments that people use in their ears to make sounds louder. People who suffer from hearing loss cope with their problems through increased concentration and focus. The usual way involves reading the moving lips of the person while they talk. Prevention is better than cure and is the best solution to avoid long term hearing loss. Avoiding continuous loud noises, to the possible extent helps prevent hearing loss to a great extent.