Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenakshi Wadhera
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi WadheraYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from weakness of ear nerves. 2-3 year ago. My hearing audiometry is above 45db. What should I do to improve it.
I don,t listen from my right side ear for last one year. I have been consultant a local doctor in my town. He advised me to use some medicine. I have used medicine as per advised of doctor but no result still now. Would you advise me? my age 57 years.
I have a daughter aged between 6 to 7 she has hearing loss severe to moderate and is on hearing aids. She speaks well but sometimes misauticulates many words. Is there any chance to treat her other than cochlear implant. And is there any site or app to help me to correct her and make her speak well. Please let me know.
Sir kaan ka parda phat gaya tha hawa chalne ka ehsash ho raha tha mummy ne tel dal diya tha puri tarah se sunai dena band ho gaya awaz aa rahi hai aur awaz badal gayi hai kya ye thik nahi ho sakta.
Hearing loss is a common sensory problem that generally develops with increasing age or due to prolonged or persistent exposure to loud noises. It is one of the most typical problems that occurs throughout the world. If you are suffering from partial hearing loss, you may find ways of keeping in touch with your family and friends. If you are not suffering from such the following may help you keep your hearing intact for years to come.
Types of hearing loss:
There are two main types of hearing loss:
1. Conductive Hearing Loss where the problem lies in the middle ear, eardrum or ossicles. A conductive hearing loss affects the passage of sound between the eardrum and the inner ear. Sound passes down the ear canal to the eardrum and through the middle ear, where the sound is transmitted across the middle ear by the three bones called the ossicles to the inner ear.
Causes of conductive hearing loss:
- Malformation of outer ear, ear canal, or middle ear structures
- Fluid in the middle ear from colds
- Ear infection (otitis media - an infection of the middle ear in which an accumulation of fluid may interfere with the movement of the eardrum and ossicles
- Poor Eustachian tube function
- Perforated eardrum
- Benign tumors
- Impacted earwax
- Infection in the ear canal
- Foreign body in the ear
2. Sensorineural Hearing Loss where there is damage in the inner ear, cochlea or hearing nerve. Sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) occurs when there is damage to the inner ear (cochlea), or to the nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain. Most of the time, SNHL cannot be medically or surgically corrected. This is the most common type of permanent hearing loss.
Causes of sensorineural hearing loss:
- Exposure to loud noise
- Head trauma
- Virus or disease
- Autoimmune inner ear disease
- Hearing loss that runs in the family
- Aging (presbycusis)
- Malformation of the inner ear
- Meniere's Disease
Coping with Hearing Loss:
Antibiotics and eardrops are often prescribed to treat hearing loss and its symptoms. In many cases, people suffering from severe hearing loss use hearing aids. Hearing aids are tiny instruments that people use in their ears to make sounds louder. People who suffer from hearing loss cope with their problems through increased concentration and focus. The usual way involves reading the moving lips of the person while they talk. Prevention is better than cure and is the best solution to avoid long-term hearing loss. Avoiding continuous loud noises, to the possible extent helps prevent hearing loss to a great extent.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!