Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenakshi Shamsukh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi ShamsukhYour feedback matters!
Cough is the natural reflex action of a human being to clear the throat or breathing passage from obstructions by foreign particles. Whooping cough or pertussis can be identified by the whooping sound that accompanies cold cough. Whooping cough is caused due to bacterial infection or through transmission from the infected person.
The following are few symptoms of whooping cough:
- Runny nose and frequent sneezing
- Cough accompanied by a whooping sound
- Frequent vomiting
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
Whooping cough must be cured since it can pose serious health hazards for both children and adults and at times can even turn out to be life threatening. Ayurveda can effectively heal whooping cough naturally. The
Following are few simple steps offered by ayurveda for treating whooping cough:
- Honey: This is the most common and effective remedy suggested for whooping cough. Take a tablespoon of honey and mix it in a glass of lukewarm water to experience fast relief.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking makes whooping cough worse. So you must take care to quit the habit of smoking.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is also a remedy for whooping cough offered by ayurveda.
- Ginger juice: Ginger juice is a very effective remedy for curing whooping cough. You may mix the juice with honey or herbal tea.
- Aloe Vera juice: Aloe vera juice mixed with honey is considered to be a cure for whooping cough in ayurveda.
- Cloves: Sometimes cloves can also offer very fast relief from continuous coughing.
- Tulsi leaves: Tulsi leaves are also considered to be a very effective cure for whooping cough according to ayurveda.
- Breathing exercises: Practicing breathing exercises regularly can also give you relief from whooping cough.
Whooping cough generally persists for a week or two, but if severe it can continue to persist for even longer. You should not neglect whooping cough and must follow the above mentioned remedies right from the beginning to experience faster relief.
When you see someone faint all of a sudden, it leads to chaos around, and you are perplexed not knowing the reason. The sudden fainting or loss of consciousness is Syncope. Syncopal episodes are generally prompted by an unexpected, momentary fall in the flow of blood to the brain, leading to a person passing out and losing muscle control.
Falling causes blood flow to return to the brain, resulting in the person regaining consciousness. The duration of Syncopal episodes is generally for a few seconds or minutes, and it can happen to anyone regardless of age. It does sound scary to lose consciousness suddenly but educating yourself about the signs and symptoms, and the possible causes are the best ways to cope with Syncope.
The trademark sign of syncope is that the patient regularly passes out. The symptoms leading to such a black out episode include:
- Legs feeling heavy
- Blurry vision
- Being puzzled
- Rising body temperature
- Dizziness and the person going pale
- Epigastric distress
- Drop in blood pressure
- Weak pulse
Syncope can be triggered by an unresolved medical ailment or from sudden changes in the environment. Falling unconscious can also be caused by emotional stress. Other causes include severe pain or an uncharacteristically low blood sugar. Many people faint when they see blood. Syncope can also be prompted by extreme dehydration coupled with low blood sugar. Syncope can be due to a genetic disorder and can also be caused by a medicinal side-effect.
Ways to cope with Syncope
A person who has had syncopal episodes earlier must know a few things especially when he/she lives alone or while at work or outside. A few tips to manage when you feel a syncope episode is approaching:
- When you start feeling the symptoms react with anti-gravity approaches instantly. Either sit down with your head in between knees or lie down so that the blood flow to the brain is recovered.
- Seek for a safe and secure place to faint. This is crucial so that you are least hurt in case you fell unconscious.
- If you had fainted, when you regain consciousness take time to get on foot. Lie down for some more time and ensure that the blood flow is restored.
- Stay hydrated after the episode and it is a good practice to stay well-hydrated always.
Syncope is fairly common, but it is generally people above eighty face a larger risk of being hospitalized due to it the problem. In case one thinks that he or she is facing syncopal episode, they must consult a doctor immediately and get all the necessary tests done to handle it properly.
In today’s world, we are going back to basics with a conscious effort to eat organically grown and home cooked food for a fit body. This is due to the fact that there has been a revival of many age old wellness movements like Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient medical field that relies on the use of massages, oils and herbs for the resolution of various ailments. As per Ayurveda and other arms of holistic medical fields, green tea is an ingredient that is highly beneficial for the health.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of green tea:
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Compounds: Green tea consists of a number of bioactive compounds that can improve one’s health. These bioactive compounds include polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are best known as antioxidants. The formation of free radicals in the body is curbed by these substances which can further prevent aging and other ailments. The EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can be found easily in green tea.
- Brain Function: There are also a number of brain boosting minerals and compounds found in green tea. These substances improve the brain function and keep away the signs of aging when it comes to this area. Caffeine is one of the key ingredients in green tea. This ingredient acts as a vital stimulant, which keeps the brain well functioning. Also, it has a positive effect on the neurons and neurotransmitters that are released by the brain. These neurotransmitters include dopamine and norepinephrine. In this way, green tea also reduces the risk of falling prey to conditions like Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Fat Burning: Green tea is an excellent fat burning supplement that is fast gaining popularity in the weight management market. The various elements of green tea help in boosting the rate of metabolism and increasing the fat burning process. This is due to the fact that it increases the expenditure of energy to a great degree. Green tea is also credited with the mobilisation of various fatty acids that can be found in the fat tissue of the body.
- Cancer: Green tea also reduces the risk of cancer because it has a number of antioxidants. It helps in the prevention of various kinds of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and even colorectal cancer.