Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi ShamsukhYour feedback matters!
Indian gooseberry or amla is one of the healthiest fruits in the world, whether it is eaten or applied. All its benefits are enhanced when pre-soaked in warm water before consumption. Especially available during the winters, amla averts illnesses and problems by protecting you in various ways. Some are listed below…
1. Your skin and body age more gradually
As a rich source of antioxidants, the intake of amla prevents the body from cell damage, skin and body ageing, development of cancer and other diseases. Its anti-bacterial properties help the body in building a powerful immunity.
2. It’s beneficial for your stomach and liver
Regular intake of amla reduces inflammation in the stomach along with slowly decreasing acidity and heartburn. Amla keeps the liver healthy (a most important body organ) and helps in flushing out more toxins.
3. Aids in digestion
You can easily pre-soak amla in warm water and honey for current use as well as storage. These amlas if consumed habitually before meals have the ability to regulate your appetite and check proper digestion. They also prove to be a great cure for constipation and act as a pain-reliever during piles.
4. Prevents cold and infection
Amla is helpful in protecting us from problems like chronic cough, bronchitis, tuberculosis and asthma as well. It wonderfully cures your sore throat due to its high vitamin C content. At the time of cough and cold, the soaked amlas can be taken in juice form with ginger for enhanced benefits.
5. For detoxification
Pre-soaked stored amlas keep your intestines free of toxins and unwanted waste materials by flushing out all the impurities. It is full of vitamin C, so when taken along with honey helps in detoxifying and rejuvenating your body. This intermingling of honey and amla helps those seeking fitness and maintenance of perfect shape.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I have been having heavy period's from the past 7 day's. Last I had my period twice. I am an anemic patient also. I am sexually active. Is this normal? If not is there any way that I can stop the bleeding?
Hey this is extremely urgent I'm worried so much please help. I took I pill on 6th may just after unprotected sex. My periods got over on 1st of july only but today I got my period's again why? Is it normal? I took I pill 2 months back too is it side effect? Am I suffering from something? Like getting periods a full 15 days early is okay or not? I'm so damn worried please help.
हम सभी जानते है कि गर्मियों के दिनों में खुशबूदार पुदीने कई सारे फायदे होते हैं।
सबसे पहला फायदा इसमें पाये जाने वाला औषधी गुण है। खाने में स्वादिष्ट पुदीना को अंग्रेजी में मिंट (Mint) कहते हैं। खाने के साथ अगर इसे जोड़ लिया जाये तो आपके खाने के स्वाद में चार चांद लगा देता है।
पुदीना लंबे समय से खाने के साथ इस्तेमाल होता आ रहा है। सभी प्रकार की ज़डी बुटियों में हरा व फ्रेश पुदीना सबसे कारगर होता है।
अगर किसी भी जूस के साथ इसे मिला लिया जाये तो ये आपको तरोताजा कर देता है।
पुदीना के औषधी गुण को लोग बहुत पहले से जानते हैं इसीलिये पुराने जमाने में भी कई प्रकार की बीमारियों में इसका इस्तेमाल किया जाता था। सीने और पेट के दर्द के लिये तो पुदीना रामबाण औषधी है। इसके अलावा कई लोग इसे दांतों को सफेद व चमकीले करने के लिये भी इस्तेमाल करते थे।
पाचन शक्ति में वृद्धि – पुदीना पाचन शक्ति को बढ़ाकर, पाचन क्रिया को दुरस्त कर भूख बढ़ाने में सहायक होता है। पुदीने की खुशबू मुंह में सलाइवा और पाचन एन्जाइम को ज्यादा बनाती है। जिससे पाचन क्रिया में तेजी से सुधार आता है।
अपने शरीर को रखें ठण्डा – पुदीना ठण्डा होता है। इसे खाने से शरीर के तापमान में कमी आती है और हम ठण्डा महसूस करते हैं।
अस्थमा से राहत – कई वैज्ञानिकों से शोध में पाया कि पुदीने के सेवन से अस्थमा दूर किया जा सकता है।
कैंसर से बचाव – कैंसर के मरीज को पुदीना जरूर खाना चाहिये इससे कैंसर से लड़ने की शक्ति मिलती है।
मुंहासों से छुटकारा – चेहरे पर पुदीने का लेप लगाने से मुंह के मुहासों से छुटकारा मिलता है।
पुदीना के अन्य गुण व फायदे —
- अगर आपके मुंह में बदबू आ रही है तो पुदीने की पत्तियों को रोज़ाना चबाने और पानी में मिलाकर कुल्ला करने से मुंह की बदबू तुरन्त दूर हो जाती है। इस तरह ये माउथफ्रेशनर के जैसे काम करता है।
- किसी चोट या घाव पर पुदीने का लेप लगाने से घाव जल्दी ही ठीक हो जाता है।
- गर्मी में लू लगने पर पुदीने के रस को प्याज के रस के साथ मिलाकर पिलाने से जल्दी आराम मिलता है।
- पुदीना, प्याज का रस, नींबू का रस बराबर-बराबर मात्रा में मिलाकर पिलाने हैजा होने पर बहुत फायदा करता है।
- यदि किसी को उल्टी हो रही है तो पुदीने का रस हर दो घण्टे में पिलाने से रोगी को आराम मिलता है।
- पेटदर्द होने पर पुदीने को जीरा, हींग, काली मिर्च में नमक मिलाकर पीने से दर्द जल्दी ही आराम मिल जाता है।
- महिला को प्रसव के समय पुदीने का रस पीना चाहिए, इससे आसानी से प्रसव हो जाता है।
- पुदीना की पत्तियों को पानी के साथ उबालकर चाय की तरह पीने से बुखार में आराम मिलता है।
- यदि किसी को बहुत हिचकी आती तो पुदीना देने से तुरन्त लाभ मिलता है।
- हरा पुदीना पीसकर तकरीबन 15 लगाने से चेहरे की थकावट दूर हो जाती है एवं निखार भी आता है।
हम SSOHM में चाहता है लोग समझ सके की अभी भी आपके शरीर को सफाई करने में देरी नहीं हुई है। हम केवल आपके शरीर को साफ ही नहीं बल्कि कई खतरनाक बीमारियों से भी बचाएंगे।
जिससे आप जीवन पर्यन्त निरोगी रह सकें।
We have done TORCH test. Rubella- IgM result is 0.08 Is it positive or negative? Which result is favorable? Normal range- Less than 0.80=Negative Greater than 1.2 =positive.
The obsession over getting the perfect body has gotten into everyone's psyche. Thanks to well equipped gyms and easily available home kits, this obsession is no longer a dream. But the gym trainers and bodybuilders suggest that in order to build muscles, following a healthy diet is also necessary. A healthy diet helps to develop the central muscle mass and burns the extra fat in the body.
Here is a list of foods you should include in your diet which will help you to gain muscle:
- Eggs: Eggs are rich in proteins and help in overall development of the muscles, making it a must have inclusion in your dietary regime. Also, the good cholesterol found in the egg yolks helps to prevent atherosclerosis.
- Nuts: Nuts such as cashews, almonds or pistachios are a perfect blend of fats, fibres, and proteins. Every ounce of cashew or almonds contains 150-170 of top-class calories. Daily intake in a small amount will help you to get the calories without any significant weight gain.
- Lentils: Lentils are useful to develop the central mass of the body. A cup of ready-to-eat lentils has a protein content of 18 grams and an overall content of 40 grams of top grade carbohydrates. A diet consisting of green salad, lentils and brown rice is recommended by gym trainers for the development of body muscles.
- Spinach: Spinach contains rich amounts of the amino acid called 'glutamine', which helps in the development of the lean muscles. Besides, a daily intake of spinach might also help to build the overall muscle strength of the body.
- Apples: Apples contain certain polyphenols which help to build the muscles and prevent any form of tiredness in the muscles. Also, polyphenols are also useful in burning the extra fat which makes it an essential fruit to have before workouts. If you are not comfortable with apple, you might also try oranges as your pre-workout fruit, which perform more or less the same function as apples.
Note: Besides the above mentioned ones, you can also include oatmeal, yogurt, organic milk, fat free chicken and beans in your dietary routine for muscle development, along with regimented body building schedules.
Hi I am 25 years old and am 6 months pregnant. Actually I hv a fibroid and I fl abdomen pain am nt active enough .I cnt stand fa a long tym nor I cn do walk am wryd abt baby's health .pple suggest 2 do wrk fa easy labour bt I cnt Do soo. Pls help me.
Hii. I am 21 years old actually I have a doubt my sis got a prblm every mnth she had a normal periods at the 1st week of every mnth but this mnth also she got a periods of this mnth of 1st week then again she getting periods of 19th date of this mnth, y she got two times periods of this mnth only, at the same time she is suffering with back pain also, will you please Suggest her.
My gynaecologist told that my sister is having 9x5x4 size uterus with chocolate cyst in right ovary of size 6x3x3. She have a baby of1 years old. Is there anything serious of uterus size n cyst.
My wife's got last period 11th February. This month period didn't start. We have a baby of 9 month. At this stage we're not ready for another baby. What should we do? What is medicine name should she take for avoid this pregnancy?
Normal pregnancy lasts for 38 to 42 weeks. However, there may be times during these weeks that you may have some physical issues such as vomiting, backache, and loose stools etc which require treatment with medicines.
Therefore, monitoring and managing these physical conditions becomes necessary to ensure a normal delivery. Management consists of both medicines and rehabilitation. Medicines are considered to be the first line of treatment; however, the health care provider needs to take care while prescribing medicines during pregnancy taking into consideration the harmful effects they can have on both – the mother and the foetus. Medicines pass on via the placenta from the mother to the foetus. Hence, before prescribing any medicine the provider should check the possibilities of the medicine causing any congenital defect. You should avoid medicines from the time of conception till the first 10 weeks, as this is the time when the foetus is most prone to the get permanent congenital deformities. Medicines given in the later stages (after 10 weeks) may cause systemic damage. For example NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) may lead to problems during labour or organ defects in the foetus.
Therefore, medicines should always be avoided during pregnancy. Still there are certain medicines, which can be taken but after consulting your physician. Let’s discuss the medicines that are safe during pregnancy.
The following is a list of medicines and their effects during pregnancy:
1. Analgesic Medicines
|NSAIDs, such as aspirin||May cause heart abnormalities in the third trimester|
|Codeine||Effective in low doses|
|Hydrocodone||Effective in low doses|
|Hydromorphone||Effective in low doses|
|Etomidate||Unknown always ask your provider|
|Ketamine||Avoid during the last trimester|
|Lorazepam||Avoid for severe conditions, safe for short periods|
4. Thrombolytics - The possible advantages of this class may balance the risk during pregnancy. Common medicines used are: Alteplase, Reteplase, Streptokinase, Urokinase.
|Hydroxycobalamin antidote: cyanide||Safe|
|Methylene blue antidote: methemoglobinemia||Has a potential risk to the mother and foetus|
|First generation: penicillin G, benzathine penicillin, Bicillin, penicillin VK||Safe|
|Second generation: oxacillin, dicloxacillin, nafcillin||Safe|
7. Cardiac agents
|Digoxin||Not advised in third trimester|
8. Diabetes: Insulin is safe to use during diabetes.
10. Corticosteroids: Advised for short term use
Always talk to your physician in case of any complication and before taking any medicine given above.
I am 35 years old male, after six years my wife was pregnant and she was caring 4 month baby but child heart beat is very low, What can I do for this?
Hi sir/mam, My wife is not getting her period regularly. We went to doctor and earlier she told that there is a thyroid problem and after taking thyronorm thyroid level is controlled now. But still period is not normal. It is happening from last 1 year. She is getting period in 2 months. Sometimes she has to take meprate as well. She is 25 years old and weight and height is perfect. Please suggest what we have to do now. We will also plan for a baby once this is resolved. Thanks.
Me and my partner had unprotected sex 1 month ago. But she took the ipill. And nxt mnth she got periods 15 days late. But now we noticed even after getting periods, her weight is increasing. Is it a sign of pregnancy? please reply.
We are in IUI treatment. Doctor asked my wife to take susten tablet vaginally nd asked to do intercourse also. When I have to do intercourse? Before insertion of susten tablet or after taking susten tablet?
Is ivf start only if I get periods. Pcod. Periods delay by 20 days. Wanna start ivf. Want to conceive early.
If I want to get pregnant in the month of may and would follow doctors advice of having intercourse from day 11 to day 21 (alternative days) after periods and hav 5 mg folic acid. What are the chances that I can really get pregnant? I am really worried and want to get pregnant soon. And when can I check the pregnancy after the procedure advice by the doctor.
Hi. Doctor I m 23 yrs old unmarried girl. I have problem during my periods. I have too much pain in my stomach and back during my periods and sonetimes the pain is increase much and I m using hot botle. But it not giving me relaxation. And some big blood cloth or pieces is also coming. So please help me and give me suggestions please
If we take the most important five aspects of daily routine, we end up with the following
1. Rest - Nidra
2. Relationship - Maithunam
3. Exercise - Vyaayaama
4. Nutrition - Aaharam
5. Work - Nitya karma
1. Rest - Nidra: Sleep is the process through which we rejuvenate, repair and revive our system. This is the time our body and mind goes through repair and rebuilding. Best time: Sleep between 9 and 10 pm gives maximum quality. To sleep a gentle exercise is good before an early dinner. Foot massage in the evening also aids deep sleep. The direction of the head: Head should be directed to east or south to optimise sleep. This is to do with the magnetic fields of our body and that of the earth. The position of the bedroom: This should be decided based on Vastu Shaastra principles. Feng Shui is the Chinese version of Indian Vastu Shaastra. Signs of good sleep: One feels refreshed and energised after a good sleep. Sleep is peaceful and is mostly unaware of dreams. One feels positive and happy after a good sleep. There won't be puffy eyes, headaches, sinus congestion, the heaviness of the body, tiredness, aches and pain etc in the morning.
2. Relationship - Maithunam: Our relationship with nature, society, family, colleagues and ourselves is important in building a healthy life. The first two limbs of yoga discuss this. A sexual relationship is also given importance in Ayurveda treatises as it is the most physical and intimate act of a relationship. General rules include -use aphrodisiacs, reduce the frequency in summer, sickness, low energy conditions and focus more on quality rather than quantity. The most important of all is how you relate yourself. This includes how much you value, respect and love yourself, how you talk to yourself etc.
3. Exercise - Vyaayaama: When? Exercise is best performed before eating. This prevents the formation of toxins in the system. It is never done soon after eating and just before eating or sleeping. It should be 2-3 hours after eating a normal meal. How much? Exercise is done until one’s half strength is used. Over exercise results in depletion and permanent damage of the body. Reduce the intensity and duration during summer, but you may perform it to your maximum capacity during cold seasons. What type? Strengthening and stretching in symmetry in the right combination for your bodily requirements.
4. Nutrition - Aaharam: Here we will discuss the scientific way of eating. Nutrition - Aharam: Are you just what you eat? In Ayurveda, the proper transformation of food into healthy tissue is based on the strength of the digestive fire (agni). The assimilation of nutrients and elimination of wastes is largely dependent on the efficiency of the digestive fire. So, Ayurveda believes you are what you assimilate. Perfect digestion creates radiant health and strong immunity. Unbalanced digestive fire leads to the improper transformation of food into toxins, the basis of all disease. Signs of perfect digestion: Clear, smooth skin; bright, clear eyes; balanced moods; regular and healthy appetite; absence of gastric disturbances and other diseases; glossy hair; light, flexible body; deep, refreshing sleep; abundant energy and vitality; positive attitude and lifestyle habits.
Signs of poor digestion Irregular appetite; frequent indigestion; weight loss / gain; coating of tongue; blotchy, dry or oily skin; lifeless hair; dull eyes; bloated abdomen with cramps / gas; undigested food in stool, dark or cloudy urine; disturbed sleep that isn't refreshing; excess mucous; body pains; gastrointestinal disorders and general fatigue. How did I get poor digestion? The following are some of the factors that contribute towards a weak digestion. By guarding against these you can prevent and treat most illnesses:
-Taking the wrong foods at the wrong time, in the wrong amount, in the wrong way or in a negative mental or physical environment. The most common dietary indiscretion in developed countries is overeating causing a phenomenon known as 'the under-nutrition of over-consumption'
-Premature stimulation, suppression or failure to attend to the body's natural urges such as thirst, hunger, urination, defecation, sleep, passing flatus and sneezing.
-Taking cold drinks or foods such as ice cream.
-Taking synthetic prescription / recreational drugs.
-Exposure to external toxins such as air pollutants, chemical beauty products and perfumes.
-Prolonged emotional strain such as stress, grief, anger and denial.
Optimise your nutrition: By practicing the following tips you will create perfect digestion. Remember to eat your liquids and drink your solids!
1. BEFORE EATING
Am I really hungry? It is best to eat only when you are really hungry and when the previous meal has been fully digested (roughly 5 hours).
Do I need to go to the toilet first? It is recommended to empty one’s bowels and bladder before eating. It is a sign of ill health to empty one's bowels immediately after eating.
Did I wash my hands, face & feet? Simple hygiene is important to avoid illness. Avoid taking a full shower or swim within three hours after eating as it draws the circulation away from the digestion.
2. DURING EATING
Am I in congenial surroundings? Good company, conversation, and surroundings are conducive to a contented mind, which assists proper digestion.
Did I express my gratitude? This may be in the form of a prayer to a higher power or at least to the people who helped to provide the meal.
Am I rushing? Eat at a moderate speed, taking care to chew each mouthful at least 10-20 times.
Am I appreciating this meal? Take time to appreciate the sound, the aroma, the texture, appearance and the taste of the food.
Do I need a drink? Small quantities of warm drinks encourage efficient absorption, elimination and the action of the digestive fire.
3. AFTER EATING
Am I satisfied? It is important to remember that the stomach is only the size of a fist. In order to avoid over eating make it a practice to fill your stomach half with solid food, a quarter with liquids and leave the remaining one-quarter empty for space to circulate to aid digestion.
One should avoid heavy labour, exercise or mental work for at least thirty minutes after eating.
A slow walk for five minutes is advised. Sleep is best avoided for three hours after eating as this causes the formation of toxins.
However, one may lie on the left side for up to fifteen minutes. A yoga poses known as Vajrasana is a good sitting posture to aid digestion.
The ideal diet: An ideal meal in Ayurvedic nutrition has all the following qualities:
-Fresh, locally grown, seasonal and organic ingredients.
-Consists of dishes with all the six flavours.
-Consists of four or more textures.
-Has a good balance between heavy and light, moist and dry, cooked and raw, cooling and heating foods.
-Suitable to the climate, the constitution of the eater, lifestyle and the condition of the body.
-Appears tastes and smells delicious.
-Prepared lovingly in hygienic conditions.
-There are complementary proteins such as rice & dhal.
-Heavier foods should be eaten earlier in the meal and lighter foods towards the end.
-Cooking in healthy earthen, ceramic, bronze, copper or stainless steel vessels.
-In general, avoid alcohol, meat, yeast, carbonated drinks, caffeinated drinks, tobacco, refined sugar, white flour, additives, preservatives and canned food.
-Eaten with full awareness.
-Big meals only are eaten before 6 pm.
If your digestive fire is the sluggish boost it by the following.
Before eating: 15 minutes before eating try the following recipe. Mix half a tsp grated ginger with half a tsp. lemon juice and a pinch of rock salt. After eating: Chew one teaspoon of equal parts of fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, black pepper and rock sugar.
Fasting: Fasting is often the most effective way to purify your body of toxins. In Ayurveda, fasts are tailored according to the individual's degree of toxic accumulation, their strength, and specific imbalance. To maintain health one is advised to have a cleansing tea fast or a warm water fast one day a fortnight in order to give the digestive system a rest, to re-establish proper eating habits and to expel accumulated toxins. A complete fasting is successfully done only in a stress-free environment.
A mental purification is followed at the same time, which involves silence other than prayers or affirmations, avoiding exposure to television, radio or noise and adherence to the principles of honesty, celibacy, cleanliness and service to others. Heavy mental and physical exertion are avoided at this time, however, short walks in nature and self-massage are considered highly beneficial.
Eat to live: Once you have purified your body and established healthy eating habits nutrition should be easy to maintain. Obsessively worrying about your diet or feeling remorse after dietary indiscretion sets up a self-destructive pattern. We are not 'living to eat' but we also have to be careful that we don't feed the disease. By slowly incorporating these Ayurvedic principles into your life the benefits experienced should be incentive enough to follow them with ease.
5. Work - Nitya karma: Work is based on your constitution. Earth (rectangular, heavy-boned, solid looking) people are natural hands-on, managerial, admin people who are designed to do a repetitive style of work. Water types (soft, rounded, curvaceous, large-eyed) ones are HR managers, listeners, carers, nurses, hospitable people. Fire types (angular, triangular, muscular) people are designed to challenging, radically transformative, fast, precise, competitive jobs. Air types (small, light, thin, small in shape) are performers, teachers, pop musicians, multi-taskers, quick-learners, and communicators. Either types (tall, slender, thin, long limbs and fingers/toes) are thinkers, philosophers, scientists, guides, and meditators.