Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi SethYour feedback matters!
I am 34 years old trying to conceive since last 1 year PCOD problem. please tell any homeopathic medicine.
Hello sir/ man My girlfriend and I had sex the 13th of this month, v did use condoms but her periods is due this 28th, and she is getting a bit paranoid about it, So my question is if she is pregnant, would a contraceptive pill do the job, or should we visit a doc for a abortion pill.
Mam, test kiya lekin usme conform nahi ho raha hai pregnancy hai ya nahi one line red hai and one line fed pink. Please advise.
Hi my last period was on 19th Dec 15, had sex on 14th Jan 15. My next period on 19th Jan 15. I want to know if I can get pregnant 6days before period.
- Every Indian man and woman wants to be FAIR.
- Fairness is considered hallmark of beauty, which is not absolutely true but it is in vogue. Dark face may look beautiful if it is glowing.
- Regular use of sunscreens can offer some prevention of pigmentation, especially over face, neck and exposed hand areas.
- Arrival of pigment lasers have worked wonders for a lot of individuals, women in particular. Sittings are offered generally at interval of three weeks each and one may go for upto 6 sittings in one session. Skin shade may become one or two shade lighter....and more importantly it glows!!! Generally face is addressed and at times neck and hands to are attended.
- Combination of lasers may offer fairness, glow as well as rejuvenation of aging face without surgery or practically without downtime.
- If one wants to preserve the results thus gained for a long time, sunscreens and other cream treatment regimen advised by doctor must continue. Really these non-peeling lasers are a boon for Indian populace mad for white skin color.
I am having infection in groin area from last 6 months. It spread wide fastly. Can you help me about this?
Hi I am 25 year old with two kid. I am in depression as my breast is not attractive and become small and saggy. Please suggest some homeopathic treatment. Is there any medicine available in homeopathic to make enlarge and firming breast.
Mai pregnant hun nd meri due date 18th Sept ki thi bt abhi tak delivery nhi hui Dr. bol rahe hy 14 days wait karne uske baad v nhi hua to scissoring last option hy bt utne din tak wait krna sahi rahega bacche ko to prblm nhi hogi na birth ke tym ya birth ke baad please suggest me bacche ka movement v normal hy.
Heavy bleeding during menses.... What should you know?
Heavy or prolonged bleeding during menses is medically known as 'menorrhagia'. It is more common as you approach menopause but can occur at any age. The bleeding has to be severe enough to interfere with your daily activities.
The cause could be hormonal, pregnancy complications, bleeding disorder or a structural lesion like a fibroid, polyp, endometriosis or adenomyosis.
In advanced age cancer of the uterus or cervix has to be ruled out.
Symptoms of heavy periods
- soaking a pad or tampon every 2-3 hrs or less in a day
- passage large blood clots during menstruation
- your period lasts more than seven days
- you become anemic due to excessive blood loss
How to manage excessive bleeding
1. Maintain a record of the no of days and pattern of heavy bleeding.
2. Increase your intake of fluids and salt
You should increase your intake of fluids and especially salty fluids during heavy menstruation. You can have vegetable juices like tomato juice as well as salty broths during such times. This will help you especially when your blood volume goes down (which is characterized by dizziness or pounding of heart) when you get up after lying down. Your body would need more than four to six cups on such a day.
3. Increase the intake of iron
Increase your iron intake through natural sources like green vegetables, egg yolks, red meat, liver and dried fruits like raisins and prunes. You can also start an iron tablet once a day for faster recovery from anemia
4. Visit your gynecologist
A good history, few blood tests, and a simple ultrasound generally leads to the diagnosis. Sometimes a biopsy is required to rule out cancer. Multiple new drugs have been added in the last few years which have avoided the need for surgery
An early diagnosis ends up with better results. Hence, it is important to act early
I'd been having sex regularly with my boyfriend for last 5 years protected and unprotected many times. I had ipill tablet many times as at least 25 time. And even had abortion 2 times. Sometimes I had sex in my periods. Now I am marrying some other person. Will my fionse come to know about this from my body size and shape? And will it effect on my future pregnancy? Need your advice please.
Just having a doubt that, is it good to lick female organ. By doing so will it cause any infection to me. While foreplay there is some liquid substance coming out from female organ. What's that?
Hello I am suffering from pcod and wants to conceive. Me and my husband trying from the last 1 year. My height is 150 cm and weight is 66 kg. So kindly suggest me what to do to conceive fast.
Certain diseases are fatal, thus, proper measures must be taken to ensure that once the symptoms have been confirmed, treatment must start immediately. Syphilis is one of the most communicable sexually transmitted diseases. If left untreated, Syphilis can be fatal.
It can lead to heart disease, brain damage and blindness. A woman infected with Syphilis can also pass it on unknowingly to her baby, if she suffers from the disease during her pregnancy. Syphilis can be easily treated, but if left too late, the antibiotics that treat it cannot reverse the damage caused by Syphilis.
Syphilis can be tested by:
- A blood test: In most cases, a simple blood test can confirm the presence of Syphilis by showing signs of the antibodies used to fight it.
- Testing the fluid from the sores: This is usually done in the case of primary or secondary Syphilis when sores are present on the patient's skin. Looking at a scraping of the sore under a microscope can be used to diagnose Syphilis if it shows the presence of the Syphilis bacteria.
- Testing cerebrospinal fluid: This is performed only in extreme cases of Syphilis where the disease may have caused complications with your nervous system. The earlier Syphilis is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat.
Syphilis is usually treated with antibiotics amongst which penicillin is the most preferred. If you've had Syphilis for less than a year, a single injected dose of penicillin can stop the disease from progressing. You may need additional doses if you have been suffering from Syphilis for more than a year. Penicillin is also the only antibiotic that can cure Syphilis and suits pregnant women as well. If you have been diagnosed with Syphilis during pregnancy, your baby should also be treated for it.
When undergoing treatment for Syphilis, here are a few other points to keep in mind:
- Abstain from oral, vaginal and anal sex until the sores have healed
- Get blood tests at regular intervals for at least a year after treatment
- Get tested for an HIV infection
- Fevers, nausea, headaches and chills are normal side effects associated with Syphilis treatment
- If you are allergic to penicillin, let your doctor know so that you can be given an alternative antibiotic
- If you have a lesion around your mouth, Syphilis can even spread through kissing another person
The good news is that once you've been cured of Syphilis, it does not recur. However, it is recommended to always use protection while having intercourse and abstain from sexual activities if your partner suffers from Syphilis.