Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi BadhwarYour feedback matters!
Premature labor is also known as preterm labor. This is the term given when the body gets ready for an early delivery in the pregnancy. Labor is considered to be premature if it starts almost three weeks prior to the due date. Premature labor usually leads to early birth, but now this can be delayed with medical help. It is better that the baby grows inside you because there are fewer chances of problems after birth.
Risk of Preterm Labor:
Some of the things, which can increase the risk of a preterm labor are:
- Being underweight or overweight before pregnancy
- Poor prenatal care
- Use of alcohol and drugs during pregnancy
- Health conditions, such as preeclampsia, infections, diabetes, high blood pressure and clotting disorders
- Pregnant with a bay with birth defects
- Getting pregnant through vitro fertilization
- Pregnant with multiples like twins and triplets
- Becoming pregnant soon after having a baby
Symptoms of preterm labor:
Warning signs should be heeded to stop the stop premature labor, as acting quickly can help. Consult your doctor or midwife immediately in case you have the following:
- Backache, especially in the lower back. Back ache can be a constant feature or might keep coming in intervals, but does not change with a change in position.
- Contractions that take place in each 10 minutes.
- A leaking feeling in the vagina or fluid leakage from the vagina.
- Cramps in the lower abdomen very similar to menstrual cramps. These usually give a feeling of gas pains and come with a diarrhea.
- Symptoms of flu like vomiting, nausea and diarrhea. Must to see a doctor if the liquids cannot be tolerated for more than 8 hours.
- The pressure in the vagina or pelvis increases.
- Vaginal discharge increases.
- There might be light bleeding from the vagina.
Ways to check for contractions:
To spot and early labor one must be sure to check for the contractions. Contractions can be checked by the following:
- When the fingertips are placed on the abdomen and the uterus feels too soft or tight then these are contractions.
- Contractions if felt, should be timed and the starting time of these should be noted.
- Contractions should be stopped by changing the position and drinking some water or by walking around.
- Doctor or midwife should be contacted if the contractions occur every 10 minutes and the symptoms worsen.
- Sometime women might experience false labor also known as Braxton Hicks contractions. These are not so strong, are erratic and stop on moving around.
Mujhe one year se pcod h or mere weight bohot speed se gain ho ra h. 71 kg ho cough h. please help. Weight loss kaise hoga and pcod ka koi treatment possible h b ya nhi. please tell me about pcod!
It may lead to destruction of the joint articular surface.
Avn mostly affects people between 30 to50 yrs of age
What is the treatment?
Ayurvedic medicines that restart the blood supply of joint to improve use of the joint
Special medicines to improve your bone healing process.& stop further damage.
Different panchakarma & upakarma procedures to make joint free to move & make joint strong too.
Massage with different oil, pind swed,& many more therapy
Stage of the disease
Patients support & willpower.
Hi m 9th month pregnant it is just 5 days to complete the 9 th month. Is it to worry about that. M not feeling any pain is there no chances of normal delivery.
Dronis r 20 mg kab se start krni h and kab tak leni hoti h and isk khatam hite hi second pack kb start krna h. Or isk side effects kya h. Irregular periods and pcod k liye mujhe Dr. and suggest ki h.
This is for my wife. She got bleeding for about 1 month. What are the side effects of unusual bleedings. What is it actually caused by. How can it be controlled.
HIV testing in pregnancy should be done early so as standard care can be taken for the pregnant women. The HIV testing must be repeated in the third trimester, usually before 36 weeks of gestation. This should be done in women with HIV seronegative and also in pregnant women who are at a high risk of developing HIV infection.
Expedited HIV tests should be performed at the time of delivery and labor and this is a must in women who have not been documented for HIV. The results of the test should be available within an hour of the test and the testing should be available 24 hours. In case the results are positive then, infant postnatal antiretroviral and intrapartum drug prophylaxis should be started immediately.
Women who have not been able to get tested for HIV at the time of labor and delivery are suggested expedited screening for HIV. Their screening can be done immediately postpartum or their babies should undergo screening. In case the infant and mother, both are positive, then infant antiretroviral drug prophylaxis should be started immediately. These mothers should avoid breastfeeding their babies, until the supplemental HIV tests are negative. In infants with positive HIV, prophylaxis should be discontinued and antiretroviral drug therapy should be started.
In case of acute HIV infection during pregnancy, that is in the intrapartum period, or during breastfeeding, initial testing can be performed with an antigen/antibody combination immunoassay. If the supplemental test is negative, then an additional test which is the virologic test (DNA, RNA) are necessary for the diagnosis of the HIV infection. If the mother is HIV positive, then this information must be documented in the infant's medical record and also communicated to the infant's care provider.
The knowledge of an antenatal maternal HIV infection allows the:
- Women with HIV infection to get the correct antiretroviral therapy along with prophylaxis for the infections, which might occur due to the immunocompromised state of the body. This also prevents and decreases the risk of transmission to their partners.
- When there is provision for antiretroviral therapy for the mother during pregnancy and labor along with antiretroviral drug prophylaxis for the baby there is less risk of perinatal transmission of the HIV.
- The HIV-infected women should be counseled for a cesarean delivery. The option of an elective cesarean reduces the perinatal transmission of the HIV.
- The HIV women should be counseled about the risk of breastfeeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My period is one month late, I heaving sex with my boy friend with condom , what about your thought , and said me the medicine that help me to earlier periods.Please tell.
Hello doctor My wife is pregnant and entered into second trimester and detected twins in sonography. So doctor recommended cervical stitch which we did yesterday. But doctor prescribed erythromycin 500 mg tablets 4 times a day. I am scared with this dise. Erythromycin 2000 mg a day in pregnancy is it safe.
Me and my partner had sex last night But we didn't do anything, I just rubbed my penis on her vagina and injected my sperm on her vagina. Is there a chance to get pregnant? Please advise.
Hi. I see semen left unwent to the vagina after sex. Please advise on how to overcome. Thanks in advance.
I am 24 years old I am trying to become pregnant. My marriage is on nov 2013. This month I had a viginal discharge more than naturally that we having before mensuration. Is it a symptom of pregnancy or any infection?
I am 23 years old.Married since in later 2014. I have mild PCOS problem. Facing irregular periods from last 2 mnths. Weight is 74.5 kgs & height is 5'6. We want baby. Please help me out.
Hello, My wife menses 1st of every month. What is the safe time to do sex if we want to avoid pregnancy.
11 Ways To Escape Water Borne Diseases This Monsoon
Water borne diseases are easily contracted during rainy season and tend to spread very fast. They could be parasitic, viral & bacterial and are transmitted through contaminated fresh water, usually. To prevent seasonal diseases viz. malaria, worms, cholera, diarrhea, malaria, dysentery, etc. take the following steps before hand.
1) Avoid Water Stagnation - Make sure that there is no water accumulated anywhere around your home or office. If storing water, change it every day. Very common examples of stored water in India are coolers and water drums. Ensure they are cleaned and the water stored is either used up or changed regularly.
2) Use Clean Water - Always use clean water to cook, to wash hands & vegetables and also to brush your teeth.
3) Wash Your Hands - Always wash your hands well with clean water and soap before eating, cooking or feeding.
4) Avoid Pre-Cut Fruits - Avoid eating pre-cut/peeled fruits and vegetables, especially the ones sold in roadside stalls. Cut or peel them yourself and eat instantly.
5) Use Antiseptic - Put a few drops of antiseptics in the water you take your bath with. This will take care of any skin infections that might be lingering.
6) Boil Drinking Water - Drink only boiled/filtered water.
7) Clean Before Use - Always store water in clean containers. Take special care in ensuring the containers used to store drinking, cooking and bathing water, are clean.
8) No Street Food - Avoid all kinds of street foods. Its the riskiest.
9) Cover Stored Water - Close overhead tanks.
10) Avoid Dampness - For asthmatics, make sure that clothes and carpets are well-aired. There should not be in fungal growth in shoes, furnitures, etc.
11) Don’t Stay Wet - If you are diabetic, make sure your feet don't stay wet. Dry them as soon as possible.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.