Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi AhujaYour feedback matters!
I have zero infertility problem in sperm. As per previous tests no blockage found in my tube. It can increase or not.
Age 38 yrs, 8 months marriage unable to conceive. doctor advised for follicular study, 14th day follicle ruptured of size 18×16 mm, AMH 7.2ng/ml, estradiol 60. 16pg/ml on 3rd day what is the problem in me? Can I conceive or not?
Exclusive breastfeeding should be a rule for a baby till completed 6 months of age.
This means the child should be provided only breast milk for hunger and thirst till that age.
The only exception is medicines and supplements prescribed by child specialist.
If the mother feels child's requirement is not fulfilled, the opinion of doctors should be taken immediately.
Happened to have sex without protection, took I pill after 65 hours now periods r delayed by 3 days. Took home test around 10 pm using I-can and got the result as negative. Do we need to wait r how should we move on. Now she is pregnant can we wait for periods.
I have food aversion and leg cramping and vaginal infection. Started at 5 days ago is it pregnancy symptoms? Period on 24th.
Hello doctor, I am 9 week 2 days pregnant and I am using susten 200 twice daily, but now I have slight burning sensation while urinating. As earlier I had miscarriage and this is my first pregnancy so I am very much concerned. So, please guide me with proper advice for carrying my healthy pregnancy.
Hi, My periods delayed by 10 days. I will travel next week and I have to get my periods soon. What should I do.
Hlo. I am pcod patient. Now my period is 15 days late. I got negative pregnancy result (urine test. But I am feeling so tried and feeling something happened (like pushing) on left lower abdominal. And sometimes light pain on my upper left stomach. Dr. asked me to wait for 2 weeks and thn we go for pregnancy test. Now I am worried whether I am pregnant or I am having some more problem related to my ovary.
Hello Dr. Two days back I have diagnosed with fibroid in my uterus. I am v upset what should I do. Can I go for laparoscopic surgery yet I dont have any baby.
Is there any medication or treatment in allopathy to cure male infertility. If yes then how long the treatment will go on Pls help us out.
She's been married over an year but they are not able to have sex. Penetration is very difficult. Kindly advise.
Most medications are used because of their one particular therapeutic effect. However, invariably, they affect other organs or systems and produce some good and some adverse effects. The same happens with birth control pills (BCPs), which are the most commonly used method of contraception. It is also the most effective method. It contains the female hormones estrogen and progesterone in various combinations and these have an effect on various body functions, so it should come as a surprise that regular use of BCPs leads to a number of side effects.
Read on to know more
- Intermenstrual bleeding: This is the most common side effect and occurs in about 90% of the women, but usually subsides within 3 months. They experience bleeding between their regular periods. While mere spotting can be ignored, bleeding for more than 4 to 5 days needs a visit to the doctor.
- Missed period: It is very essential to take the pill at the same time daily. Sometimes, a period might be missed or may be very light and this should be reported.
- Effect on libido: While some report a decrease in libido, there are others who experience an increased sex drive. This depends on the individual and not consistent.
- Vaginal discharge: The amount and type of discharge can change when on the pill. Decreased lubrication may lead to a reduced sex drive, as it might be painful. If the discharge is foul-smelling or looks suspicious for an infection, then a doctor should be consulted.
- Mood changes: Changes in mood and prominent mood swings are very common in women using contraceptives, with many feeling depressed often.
- Effects on breasts: While it is not yet proven if they increase the risk of breast cancer, most women experience breast enlargement, tenderness, and sometimes pain. This is more common in between their periods.
- Headaches and migraine: BCPs are also proven to have worsening effects on migraine and headaches.
- Circulatory effects: Oral contraceptives increase the chances of heart attack and stroke, especially in women who are over 35 and are smokers. Most women experience a slight increase in blood pressure and are more prone to form blood clots. It is essential that contraceptives are used under medical guidance only.
- Digestive effects: Oral contraceptives can cause loss of appetite, changes in body weight, diarrhea, and nausea. The weight gain is also attributed to increased fluid retention, especially in the hip and breast areas.
- Skin: Some women may experience skin rashes and acne and sometimes hair loss due to the increased level of hormones in circulation.
It is very important that the pill is taken at the same time for best results. Any suspicious symptom should be immediately reported to the doctor.
Hi, I am 3 months 2 days pregnant now. Today I had my ultrasound done. My baby weight is 71 grams and heart rate is 156. Is it ok? What should I eat in 4th month of pregnancy for baby's good growth?
I am 39 weeks 3 days pregnant. I am not having any contractions or labour pains. How to get labour pains naturally. Is there any way to get pains? My due date was 20th of this month. What to do? Please suggest me.
Please tell me. When is the best time for having a quantitative Blood Pregnancy Test after sex for accurate result?
Hi sir, I had my period on last 9-july-2016 and me my bf doing unprotected sex on 22-july-16 many time in a day. He always release his sperm outside of my vagina. But I was took unwanted 72 after 24 hour. Well. After took unwanted 72 I had done google and see when a girl take unwanted 72 she got withdrawal of bleeding in in 2-5 days or early periods in 7-10 days but today is 4-august 2016 its 12 day of mine but I had not got any bleed. And my next cycle date is 9-august-2016 now I have no any symptoms of any period every time I had lots of pain before periods but now I have no any feeling right now. Note:- when I had took unwanted 72 I have got so much pain in my stomach but now no any pain like that ? So what is it no bleeding mean unwanted 72 not work ? May I have pregnant ? Or its not necessary every body got bleed after take unwanted 72 ? Now what should I do what you think whats my next cycle date when I had not got bleed after take unwanted 72.(i mean what my next period start date?) and more more simple question how much ejaculation needed (i mean one time whole releases of sperm) for baby born a whole sperm ejaculation or just a drop of sperm ?
Hi my wife age is 25 and she is in 12 weeks pregnant, she has 10.8 only hemoglobin, is this any major issue, if its issue how she can get back to normal level, please advise what type food need to take for this issue.
Fresh Fruits vs. Dehydrated Fruits - What’s Better?
It is said that dehydrated fruits offer same health benefits as that of fresh fruits, but differ slightly in mineral and vitamin content. Both fresh and dried fruits will provide you with fiber and antioxidants, which are beneficial for your health; however dried fruits usually lose a small percentage of their vitamins during the process of dehydration.
When you compare fresh and dried fruits, it’s great to make use of the standard serving sizes, which are 1 cup of fresh fruit and ¼ cup of dried fruit.
But when fruits lose their water content and eventually volume during the drying process, their sugar, calorie and nutrient content become concentrated. So when you consume a handful of dried fruits, there is an in-take of more calories than you would if you consumed that same quantity of fresh fruits.
Besides giving you a variety in taste and health benefits, both fresh fruits and dehydrated fruits have their own significance.
For instance, whereas dry fruits can offer you portability and a longer shelf life; fresh fruit as opposed to dry fruits contain higher amount of minerals and hence is a more nutritious choice than dried fruits.
If you are keeping a close watch on your weight, then dried fruits should not be eaten much as they contain considerably more calories in each serving than the fresh fruits. Dried fruits that contain sugar additives are high in calorie content, but the ones with low calorie content offer numerous health rewards:
There are some dried fruits which are a rich source of antioxidants, the Journal of the American College of Nutrition revealed. For instance, Phenol an antioxidant-type is found more in dried fruits such as figs and dates than in fresh fruits.
- High Fiber
Dried fruits are usually high in fiber content than the equal-sized serving of the fresh fruits. Fiber helps in running our digestive system smoothly and prevents obesity as well as cancer and heart disease.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.