Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in new delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Patient Review Highlights
Good day doc, this is shan from chennai, I have a habit of smoking cigarette. Per day I will smoke 7 to 10 cigarette, I need to know how to detox, it is possible to detox. Friend of my told jogging help to detox is that true, kindly advice me some points to quit and deox the unwanted substances.
I love my boss very much even he too, but he got married to someone else now only bcoz I couldnt able to explain my family about my relationship with him bcz we both are from different religion. He got married and I feel dat he forgot everything about me he is happy now. But I am suffering from depression and I vl always become emotional. I feel like I need his love and concern for me which he is unable to give me now as he is in love with his wife now, I feel very jealous bcz I love him a lot and I am possessive about him. My friends are suggesting to resign the job so dat I can forget him. But I am having good fame and recognition at my present job even when I spoke to my boss to whom I love he suggested me not to resign. Please tell me what should I do to dissolve all my feelings towards him. I really love him a lot. My eyes always get filled with tears even when I think of moving away from him. What should do please help me.
I am 26 year female, recently I realized that I frequently forget things within some minute after remembering. When I get angry I just feel like getting mad or thinking of destroy everything around me. Sometime I did an emotional outburst. I realize that I am suffering some psychological problem. What should I do?
I am 18 years old and currently jobless need your help since my parents are fed up of me and asking me of doing something/? please doc help me out with it? I think of committing suicide every moment of my life.
I lost my small brother last 2 weeks so I am feeling very depressing so plzz give me some idea about that.
I am suffering from a bit tension because of which I am not able to understand what to do so how to release tension or stress?
Staying hydrated at all times is essential for a glowing complexion. Do avoid alcoholic or aerated drinks that are full of sugar and replace them with water whenever possible. Get daily dose of vitamin c to protect against the sun and get a bright even skin tone.
Intake of leafy green vegetables dark berries oily fish and nuts is a great way to achieve a balanced skin texture. Muncing on nuts also helps heal skin faster
Anxiety often leads to the development of phobias. An unreasonable fear of being in social situations is known as social anxiety or social phobia. People suffering from such a phobia may be afraid of specific social settings like public speaking or generic social events such as eating with others or using public telephones. They are afraid that they will embarrass themselves or be humiliated in front of others. Being in such a situation can often build up into a panic attack. In many cases, the person himself is aware that his fear is irrational but cannot overcome it. Hence, here are a few tips to overcome social phobia.
- Relax: The first thing you need to do is learn to relax. People with phobias often anticipate them and stress themselves out before the situation can present itself. Being anxious heightens sensitivity and worsens your response to a social situation. Hence, before stepping out or meeting someone, take a deep breath and relax. Instead of focusing on the stressful situation, think about something in the future like getting home to a nice cup of tea.
- Test yourself: Make a list of the situations that you are afraid of and anticipate the level of anxiety you think it would cause. Then test this hypothesis by putting yourself in the situation. For example, if you fear walking into a crowded room, try doing it once. You may find that you cope with the situation better then you anticipated. Keep a record of these hypothesis and test results.
- Practice doing what scares you: Some situations may scare you too much to dive straight into them. In such cases, practice what you would do if you were in such a situation by yourself or with someone you trust. Run the situation in your head and imagine what you would do if it were actually happening.
- Look around: Social awkwardness is often caused by imaging that people can read your thoughts and thus focusing on them rather than the people you are talking to or the space you are in. Train your mind to notice things around you and be aware of your situation. Focusing outwards can lower your anxiety and enhance your ability to hold a conversation with people. To make this a habit, whenever you walk into a room make a mental note of three things in the room.
- Ask questions: An easy way to shift focus from yourself to people around you is by asking questions. When you someone a question listen to their response and if you still aren't comfortable talking about your own views, ask another related question. This will not give your mind time to dwell on any negative thoughts and can even increase your social circle.