Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meena Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meena SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am a breast feeding mother, shall I eat mangoes, Jack fruit etc. If yes, what are all the nutrients in it for my baby?
I am 35 years old and have irregular cycle like 21,25,28 with 3 to 5 days bleeding from last 3-4 months. My periods was begins on 31st Jan and finished on 2nd of Feb. I had sex on 6th of February as I thought its safe but now I am sacred that will I get pregnant. Pls help.
What are the best possible things which can be done to have normal delivery instead of cesarean.(i mean to say any exercises, food to have and avoid etc)
Abortion After how many month can do better please advise. How to know she pregnant like her date over as previous period how to know.
Obesity is the state of being overweight. When excess fat accumulates in different parts of the body, it can lead to such a condition. Simply put, when the intake of calories exceeds the amount of calories burned, the extra calories get stored in the body in the form of fat. As per a recent study published in the British medical journal, the Lancet, there were 20 million obese women in India in 2014 as compared to 9.8 million obese men.
Causes of obesity: Accumulated fat leads to excessive weight gain which may occur due to a coalition of many factors such as a sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical exercise or improper eating habits. Although a host of involuntary causes such as genetics, hormonal and environmental factors can also lead to such. Recent studies have even concluded that endocrine disorders and medications comprising of psychotic drugs, estrogens, insulin and other such are also likely to lead to obesity.
Symptoms of obesity: Apparent symptoms of obesity include excess body fat, occasional shortness of breath, unwarranted sweating with a foul odor and persistent fatigue. These conditions also lead to further complications like diabetes, infertility and hypertension to name a few.
How to manage obesity with Ayurveda?
In Ayurvedic terms, obesity is called Medarog, which is caused when the Kapha is triggered. A dense, sticky, wet, heavy humor which manages all structure and lubrication in both the mind and the body is known as Kapha. Kapha provides nourishment to the various tissues of the body through several micro channels but when aggravated it leads to the production of toxins which are dense and heavy and subsequently block these micro channels. These toxins heap up in the micro channels and cause a drastic increase in the production of fat tissues, consequently causing an increase in weight. By abolishing foods that aggravate the Kapha from one's diet, people may treat obesity.
The next step would include cleansing the fat tissues using different herbs. Avoiding oily, fried and processed food is highly advisable. Avoiding foods rich in carbohydrates such as potato and polished rice also helps. Increased consumption of greens and fruits helps restore stability and when coupled with exercise, it can be a relatively quick fix to overcome obesity.
I am 28 years old. I got married at the age of 20 in 2008. First c section was done in 2009. I was 68 kg when married. After first c section iwas 75 after delivering. It was between 75-79. Then my second c section was in 2012 after this I was 83 -85. It was in that range.in between I got lowered to 79 but due to feeding. I also like sweets so now and then it got higher till 88-89. But it has gone to 91. I controlled by having chapaties but it was of temporarily. Agin after leaving this diet I use to increase. I am alse hereditary. From last six months I facing pain of plantar fascia. Getting treatment through anti inflammatory tabs. I also had triquilar and dicorate anx some relaxing pills This -92.in between I use to try to control.
It can cause irreversible hearing loss.
I am 21 years old and I m going to a water park in coming 2 day and I am sure I am going to get my mensuration in this 2 days suggest me ways 2 delay it.
I had unwanted sex. Without using any protection. But I didn't give any medicine further. Its already been 24 hours. So please kindly give a suggestion for the next term. What shall I do?
My question is that I am missing my period from 3 months. My last date of period (2-1-2015). So I am very scared. Please suggest me treatment I am not pragenent. Pleases suggest Treatment.
I gave her ipill and she took that the time was 20 hrs approx after the sex I have a question last month she had a period on 13th will ipill will work Dr. She took ipill on 6th oct please help me.
Hello doctor I am 8 weeks 5 days pregnant but today mene ultrasound karaya the doctor says that only sac is seen decidual reaction in normal no fetal pole is seen sac age is 5 weeks 6 days what is the chances of viblelity of this pregnancy.
I am 23 years male n my partner is 19 yrs. please tell us in simple language. Which days as per menstrual cycle are best days fr having sex and with no chances of getting pregnant. Is unwanted 72 tab useful to avoid unwanted pregnancy if taken immediately after unprotected sex?
Is gym is good while trying to conceive? Which all exercises should I do in gym so that it increases the chances of conception?
I am 28 years old. I got married in 2015. Niw from last month I try to conceive .which is the best time in a month so that we try on these days to get conceive. Can you suggest any folic acid tablet.
Hyperhidrosis is nothing but an expression of the disturbance in the inner hormonal balance and this is expressed in the form of the profuse discharge. Hence, it is required to be treated at the inner level rather than treating it by local application of cream and antibiotics.
- Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that the treatment focuses on the patient as a person as well as his pathological condition. The medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution and so on.
- Homeopathy provides natural constitutional remedies for treating this condition from the roots and not just working on the symptom but repairs the derangement which is causing this. It offers excellent treatment which is effective, harmless, and without any side effects. It is also recommended in the most obstinate cases.
- Today homeopathic remedies are the best non surgical solution for hyperhidrosis or profuse sweating or perspiration.
- You can easily take an online consultation for further treatment guidance and permanent cure without any side effects.
1. Bananas help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
2. Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar.
3. Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and nighttime leg cramps by eating a banana.
4. Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.
5. Improve your mood and reduce pms symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
6. Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type ii diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin b-6.
7. Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.
8. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the fda as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
Eating bananas aids digestion
- Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- Constipated? high fiber in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.
- Got the runs? bananas are soothing to the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhoea.
- Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn and gerd.
- Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
Natural cures from a simple banana
- ?Eating bananas will help prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
- Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing protection from free radicals and chronic disease.
- Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness.
- Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.
- Control blood sugar and avoid binging between meals by eating a banana.
- Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.
- The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan, helps to relieve seasonal affective disorder (sad).
- Quitting smoking? bananas contain high levels of b-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium to speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal.