Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meena Hari Singhani
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meena Hari SinghaniYour feedback matters!
Dr meena harisinghani is very Highly experienced, knowledgeable, gentle and friendly natured doctor. My experience with her was great and I recommend her as a gynaecologist to everyone
Hello, mere last 1 year se 1-2 days k period aa rhe h aur iss month to aaya hi nhi 4 din upper ho gye. Kya inse breast cancer ka risk increase hota h kya ?
I am 28 years old female. I am suffering from cold. I have this 365 days of the year and this irritates a lot. Nearly 20-30 times I sneeze a day. I have consulted the specialist too but no positive outcome has arrived. I am willing to plan a baby so is that ok to plan so with this all time cold. Will my baby get contracted to it. If not then when should I plan a baby and want to know if I am perfectly fit to conceive.
I am suffering from chickenpox. Today I got my period and its very very low. I had a unsecured intercourse. Am I pregnant? Or its normal to get get very low period as usually I used to have heavy periods. Kindly guide.
My wife married before 1 year we got married but sometimes she get bleeding in less amount after period like this month 18 Jan her period got over but after 8 days only it's bleeding in less amount with little pain please suggest. Why it's happening. Is this effect of daily sex or forcefully sex?
Recent scan of mine Shows A small heterogeneously hypoechoic SOL measuring 19×14 mm is noted subserosaly along the posterior wall of uterus. How long time it will take to increase fibroid size. What are the complication? And we are planning for a baby Please suggest the cure for it and can it Effect my pregnancy? Is there any difficulty in conceiving?? & medication prescribed by doctor is appropriate??
Uncontrolled blood pressure can lead to heart attacks, paralysis and heart failure. Most such attacks occur in the early morning hours. Pulse, blood pressure and thickening of platelets are all higher in the early morning hours.
Controlling early morning blood pressure can reduce cardiovascular mortality.
Among patients with chronic kidney disease and high blood pressure, taking at least one antihypertensive drug at bedtime significantly improves blood pressure control, with an associated decrease in risk for cardiovascular events, according to a study published in the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology.
The study included 661 patients with chronic kidney disease who were randomly assigned either to take all prescribed anti BP drugs on awakening or to take at least one of them at bedtime. Patients were followed for a median of 5.4 years; during that time, patients who took at least one BP–lowering drug at bedtime had approximately one third of the cardiac risk compared with those who took all medications on awakening.
A similar significant reduction in cardiac deaths, heart attacks and paralysis was noted with bedtime dosing. Patients taking their medications at bedtime also had a significantly lower mean BP while sleeping.
For each 5 mmHg decrease in mean sleep–time systolic upper BP, there was a 14% reduction in the risk for cardiovascular events during follow–up.
Potential explanation for the benefit of night time treatment may be associated with the effect of night time treatment on urinary albumin excretion levels. Urinary albumin excretion is significantly reduced after bedtime, but not morning, treatment.
I am a female 21 years old My periods were regular but this month it's been a week and it still didn't come. I am not sexually active what reasons could be cause for delay apart pregnancy because I am not at al sexually active.
Though the act of intercourse is portrayed as an act of pleasure, achieving an orgasm is an indication of a satisfying sexual act. Inability to achieve an orgasm is far more common in females than in males and this can be due to various reasons.
Read on to know some more about the causes and ways to manage this:
A mix of psychological, social, and physical conditions can lead to orgasmic disorders in female. Some of the common causes are listed below:
- History of sexual abuse
- Poor self-esteem
- Relationship issues, lack of trust, conflicts, etc.
- Cultural or social beliefs
- Advancing age
- Chronic medical conditions like diabetes
- Medications like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), which are frequently used in depression (depression is common in women)
- Gynecologic issues like hysterectomy
It is a vicious cycle that is contributed by more than one of these factors, which leads to strengthening of the disorder in the future. Types of orgasmic disorders: There are four types of orgasmic disorders, which are as follows:
- Primary anorgasmia: Women with such disorders have never been able to achieve an orgasm.
- Secondary anorgasmia: Over a period of time, women who previously have had orgasms are unable to achieve an orgasm.
- Situational anorgasmia: Women suffering from it would be able to achieve an orgasm only during certain situations like oral sex or masturbation, but may not climax during regular sexual intercourse.
- General: These women could be highly stimulated and aroused, but would still be unable to achieve climax.
Management and diagnosis
The first step in management is diagnosis. A detailed discussion with the doctor about sexual history followed by physical examination can help identify the problem. Being open about discussing this private topic is very important in diagnosis and treatment.
Treatment would depend on the underlying cause, and include the following:
- Diagnose and treat/manage underlying medical conditions like diabetes.
- Switch to an alternate antidepressant if SSRIs are being used.
- Involve in sex therapy where cognitive behavioral therapy is a big component. Becoming aware of what can be is very important.
- Sexual counseling with the partner to resolve any conflicts, improves trust levels and the overall health of the relationship. This is often a major cause for this disorder.
- Involving the partner to help in achieving an orgasm by clitoral stimulation, etc.
- Hormone therapy in the form of a pill, patch or gel may be used to increase sensitization in the genital area. These help by improving blood flow to the genitals and increasing sexual desire.
It is important to understand that female anorgasmia is very common and though it can be frustrating, it can be managed effectively. But do not forget to admit the problem and seek help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.