Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meena Hari Singhani
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meena Hari SinghaniYour feedback matters!
Dr meena harisinghani is very Highly experienced, knowledgeable, gentle and friendly natured doctor. My experience with her was great and I recommend her as a gynaecologist to everyone
Here are some postpartum tips for mothers
Good morning everybody. I am Dr. Meenu Goyal, consultant obstetrician and gynecologist at Goyal Medical Center, Vasant Vihar. Today we are here to discuss the postpartum issues. Bringing home a new child is one of the happiest moment in a woman's life but with that comes emotional and physical challenges. Physically she may feel weak, she may feel be having sore breasts or hemorrhoids or fecal incontinence or constipation or the stitch line side pain or she can even have a vaginal discharge or the weight gain issues. Emotionally she may be Feeling the baby blues, the postpartum depression and as regarding the partner she might be having some struggles with her intimate life. The husband might want to pick up from where they left before the baby's arrival but a woman would be struggling through and would be craving more for a good night sleep.
So we ask the ladies to take care of her certain things, drink plenty of water at least two to three liters of water in summers and at least eight to ten glasses in winters. Also they should be taking care of their sleep. They should have a good night sleep. They should expect vaginal discharge. Consult your doctor in case you have fever, you have a painful menstruation or you are having problems in Menstruation, you have any swelling redness or pain or any kind of a fouls smelling discharge from your stretch line or you have any new belly pain or you have any kind of swelling tenderness or swelling in the legs or you have any problems with defecation like you have constipation or in case of any dirty discharge or any red colored discharged from your nipples.
Don't worry in case of any problem you just consult a gynecologist or you can chat with me or text me or email me or you can connect me through lybrate.com or at my clinic at Goyal Medical Center, Vasant Vihar.
I am seven months pregnant n feeling pain in my ear? Is it safe to use a ear drop candibiotic in pregnancy?
Hi doctor, I am 23 years old mere periods is mnth periods ni hue last mnth 13 ko hui ti. Mam parso prega news text kit se cheak v kia ta to negative aya ta. Mam avi tk to periods ni hui kya kru btaiya kya m pregnent to ni?
Doing everything right can still make you gain weight. Irrespective of your diligent efforts, that paunch comes in the way of your crunches. Reviewing your exercise routine, diet and overall lifestyle may have no effect on the extra kilos. The reaction to such stagnation could be as many as the conspiring causes. Backpedaling into an unhealthy way of life is what cowards choose to do. The ideal way of approaching the problem is to find out the specific factors leading to excess weight.
These few factors can make you gain weight:
1. Sleep deprivation results in significant bloating: You may not be aware, but a full night’s sleep is indeed necessary. When a person rests, the human body carries on with repair work. Sleep helps your body to get rid of excess adipose tissues. A person who has not slept for two to three days at a stretch or has only slept insufficiently is likely to look fatter or bloated.
2. Being perpetually depressed could be the curse: Depression can lead to extreme ends; you may either gain a lot of weight or may even lose weight drastically. If your depression is at an advanced stage a medical practitioner will prescribe you with antidepressants. Antidepressants tend to fatten you up.
3. An irritable or slow bowel syndrome can prove to be adverse: If you suffer from problems related to the bowel your tummy might show. A patient of irritable or slow bowel syndrome feels bloated throughout the day. Since they face digestive problems, their bellies protrude.
4. The gray streaks of hair could be a reason: Gaining weight could also be the result of your age. If you are above thirty-five your metabolism decreases; this results in slower breakdown of food. Exercising can help, but it usually shows meager results once you have attained forty.
5. Nutrient deficiency should not be taken lightly: Being deficient in certain nutrients can also make you overweight. Vitamin C, folic acid and potassium are some of the nutrients that actively contribute to a person’s body weight. A lack of these nutrients can make you fat.
6. Edema could be the underlying cause: Edema refers to a condition where a person’s body retains water. Certain parts and joints become swollen. There are medications that can help push excess water out of the body through frequent urination. If not taken care of, edema could be the reason behind weight gain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
My period is not coming from last 3 months, wt do I do? is this happen normally sometime or it is a serious issue, make me sure I m not in any trouble, you cn ask me freely abt anything to cure this, I m allowing you to do so.
Monthly menstrual cycles become a part of woman’s life after a certain stage. They get accustomed to it and adapt their lifestyle too. However, there could be abnormal vaginal bleeding, which is defined as:
Bleeding that is outside of the menstrual cycle (bleeding outside of the expected dates). This is also known as intermenstrual bleeding or metrorrhagia.
- Menstrual bleeding that is abnormally low or high as compared to your regular flow
- Before menarche (before 9 years of age), during pregnancy, or after menopause
Causes: It is important to realise that abnormal vaginal bleeding is only a symptom and not the disease per se. In most women, there are underlying reasons that lead to abnormal bleeding, some of them are listed below.
In some women, ovulation can cause a mid-cycle bleeding, which becomes a pattern for most women, and they know it is nothing to worry about.
- Miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy: Vaginal bleeding is the most common symptom of miscarriage and requires immediate medical attention.
- Hormonal imbalances: This can be caused due to starting and stopping of birth control pills, thyroid abnormalities, or ovarian malfunctions. This requires investigation and management based on the underlying cause.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): This presence of multiple cysts in the ovaries also has hormonal changes and can cause bleeding in affected women.
- Infections: Infections along the gynecologic tract including the vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries can cause bleeding. Sexually transmitted infections including gonorrhoea and chlamydia are also causes for bleeding
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID): It can cause inflammation of the entire gynecologic tract and induce bleeding
- An abnormally placed intrauterine device (IUD): It can also alter the regular menstrual flow.
- Other reasons: Fibroids, endometriosis, cancers of the uterine cavity are other reasons for abnormal vaginal bleeding.
Prevention/Management of vaginal bleeding: Abnormal bleeding requires investigation to find out the underlying cause and needs to be treated accordingly.
- Birth control: When using birth control measures, be it pills or patches, expect some bleeding during the first 3 months before things settle down. Similarly, intrauterine devices can cause some bleeding (foreign body effect).
- Pregnancy complications: Bleeding during pregnancy requires immediate medical attention. In most cases, it indicates a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy (where the embryo is planted in the fallopian tubes and not the uterus).
- Infections: While STDs can be prevented, once acquired, like other infections, they also require antibiotics and supportive care.
- Medical conditions: Be it polycystic ovaries, fibroids, endometriosis, cancer, or PID, all these require detailed investigation and management on a case-to-case basis.
If you experience abnormal vaginal bleeding, do not ignore it and reach out for medical help.
I am married man and my wife aged 35 years we both are planning to go for implanon contraceptive I wanted to know whether it is available in india and what is the cost for the same also I want to know the success rate for this method. Thank you in advance.
Dear experts, It's successful pregnancy thru IVF, frozen embryo transfer took place on 16th July 16. As per latest sonography report, baby is having weight 2.8 kg, AFI 8.9 cms, running 37 weeks Gynic is suggesting to go for C-section delivery instead of normal because of IVF investment. Let me know when critical factors like baby weight, afi level, still cervix opening haven't took place, fetal movements are okay, heart beat is good. Shud we wait for normal delivery (3 weeks to go) or go for C-section delivery within next one week (her conclusion was as per previous sonography of last week baby didn't gain weight and afi level seems to be low for normal delivery) 1.What wud be ideal date to go for C-section delivery if you are suggesting so? 2.any chance for normal delivery with these scenario?
Meri gf ko 5sep ko mc hui jo 8 ko band ho gai. Fir humne 16 sep ko sex kiya aur 17 sep ko mene use ipill khila di. 19 sep ko fir use date hui jo 28 sep ko rukee. Mene 11 oct ko uska pregnancy test kiya jo negative tha. Per 15 oct ko use fir thodi si bleeding hui. Muje dar lag ra h kai vo pregnant tho nai h. Please meri help kigiye. Use date kyu ni ho ri h please Online doctor ne muje ye jawab diya h. Unlikely she is pregnant. Possibly the periods are disturbed secondary to the I-pills. Please avoid any further unprotected intercourse. Repeat a urine pregnancy test in 4 weeks time. Muje bhut dar lag ra h me kya karu. Ab please help me.
My wife menstruation start from noon on 19/7/2016 and stop on 24/7/16 so which time I have to contact to have conceive ?
How can I find out the ovulation time and for intercourse to conceive is 13 -15 day from the 1st day of my periods or from last day? And for it any special preparation need? I heard saliva can kill sperm, is it true? If we are doing oral sex! Can we use coconut oil as lubricant? What are the things want to avoid in food and habits? After the intercourse how many days need to confirm pregnancy and how? Any medicines want to take before intercourse to conceive? Kindly clarify all these doubts. Thanking you.
Hi doctor I had my last period on 23rd nov which starts on 19th nov. Then on 25th nov I had sex and took I pill within 24 hrs. Again I had sex on 1st dec and had ipill immediately. After one week I got bleed for 3 days. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Is the ipill work? When will I get period if I am not pregnant. Plzz help me doctor.
I am 22 Years old female. What type of monthly contraceptive pills should I take to avoid pregnancy. Please tell me the name of the medicine and the dosage.
Am I pregnant? What could this possibly be? June 11 2016 regular period June 16 I had sex he had a condom it was withdrawal I took trust pills then I think I took them the wrong way because I only take one pill every after sex and another every 12 hours after sex June 21 I had 3 day bleeding July 11 missed a period July 18 saw a red spot on my pee. Feels like im having a pms at the moment but not bleeding the usual way.
Hyyy my periods are not not regular most of the time it used to come. Before 5 days but this month the date ha passed and till now w after two days my periods ha s not come do I need to consult doctor for this.
She had unprotected sex with a friend before 15 days and she missed her periods. What can be done to avoid pregnancy. Are tey chances of pregnancy?
Hume relation bnaya period ke ek din phle but next 2 days tak period bhut hi halka tha but after 2 days regular hua or tabse 3 din ho gye regular hi hai but aisa phle kbhi ni hua. And after relation she take unwanted - 72. So now kuch samjh ni aa rha how her period regular. So yea koi problem to ni hai.
Namaste, I am Dr. Pavan Kumar from Hyderabad. My clinic is in Old Colony Manikonda. I am a post graduate in homeopathy and I'm practicing since 9 years in the Old Colony. Many of the complaints are because of the suppression of the previous complaints when the disease that get started. So whenever the person suffers from the mental complaints or any cause, any suppression the disease will get into the internal body. So then again it will start reappearing in the physical body because the vital force will be very strong. Homeopathy will cure the disease from the roots which means it goes to the mental plain and clears there. So the mental plain is cleared automatically, after that the physical components will get clear.
Bronchitis or respiratory complaints this cause chronic obstructive COPD. So when they are getting treated sometimes from physical complaints may appear so don't get worried about that. After the COPD, all internal complaints get cleared. At last the physical components get cleared in your life and generally when you see an external manifestation, don't try to suppress it. If you fight with it, it will get more stronger than you do. Any other complaint to spread all over your body and spoil your internal health including your mental health permanently. There are only one single disease with multiple hydrotic Hydra type of for expansion. It will show in many dimensions so we thought killing the hydroit, cannot fight with the tentacles all the day. Isn't it?
First of all a person should in homeopathic treatment. The patient should be in a systematic way, disciplinary way in the in terms of food and behavioral pattern and the atmospheric pattern. So it will help the doctor to treat the patient without any disturbance. There won't be any side effects in homeopathic treatment. As I told you in chronic cases after long treatment. Sometimes there may be any aggravation that is very rare. This is a misconception that these are called side effects. There are no side effects in homeopathy but we should not misuse the homeopathic medicine. It will have bad impact in your body so consult a homeopathic doctor who is can understand you as whole and it, who can treat you, then you'll will get a good result in homeopathy.