Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Meena AroraYour feedback matters!
Hi, My wife feels a strange kind of sensation upon touching anywhere near vagina. Though she is ok to be touched above it near clitoris but not anywhere near vagina not even by herself. If she or I try to touch she feels completely disgusting sort of. What can be the reason? Penetration or Intercourse is a different thing she can't even touch by a finger.
Hi mam how to increase the sex I am also daibtese person but everyday 1 time intercourse 2 time facing the problem so east is the solution please want to know.
Pregnancy brings with it many changes, such as physical and emotional. On one hand, you are changing your appearance completely as a person. On the other, your hormones are playing havoc and you are not sure if you are feeling happy, sad, confused, anger all at the same time or within short timespan. There could also be forgetfulness in some women.
It is not just you, but people around you also who are not sure how to manage this, especially your partner, who needs to be explained why this is happening. If you already have a child, don't be surprised if the first child feels very nervous and anxious about your mood swings.
However, good news is that these mood swings settle down and can be managed with a little bit of conscious effort. It is generally noted that the mood swings are worst in the first trimester and settle down gradually during the second trimester onwards. Women are more in control of their emotions and feelings. Though you may not voice it out, there are many concerns going on in your head with your pregnancy and these definitely make you anxious. As your due date nears, expect a surge in your anxiety/fear levels.
Simple methods to deal with mood swings:
- Talk it out: Whether your concern is, if your baby will be healthy or how will you manage finances, the best option is to discuss with your spouse about the same. You could also find support with close friends and relatives. Look for online support groups or from friends from your doctor's clinic you will find that everybody lends an ear and shoulder to support you.
- Rest: Pregnancy is extremely tiring physically and fatigue adds to your irritability. As it also plays with your regular sleep patterns, try and get as much rest and sleep for shorter durations whenever possible. If you are working, discuss with your boss to be able to take breaks.
- Exercise: Consult with your doctor and make sure you follow an exercise regime tailored for you. This not only reduces fatigue but makes you more active and less irritable.
- Nutrition: While you have your cravings, ensure you eat a healthy balanced diet. This not only contributes to physical well-being but also your emotional health.
- Socialize: Try and make new friends or spend time with old ones. They would be extremely delighted to hear your small talks and in the process, you would feel relaxed and happy too.
- Pamper yourself: While there is no point going shopping or pub hopping, treat yourself to a massage at a nearby spa or spend time reading a book or watching a movie. These can be extremely relaxing and easy to follow.
Needless to say, as much as they may sound unpleasant, the entire experience of these mood swings will leave you a different person.
I had my last periods on 5th of july and then I had unprotected sex on 10th of july. After that I took an unwanted 72 what are my chances of getting pregnant?
I had unprotected sex with my Gf last night . Before this I did with 1 other girl also. Does it lead to HIV ?
I have mensuration problem. I don't get regular menses. I am already taking medicine. Please suggest me something.
When a person is preoccupied with physical fantasies to the point of dysfunction for at least six months, he or she suffers from hyper sexuality. Hyper sexuality is also known as nymphomania or compulsive sexual behavior. These sexual fantasies are usually combined with a compulsive pursuit of non-intimate or casual sex, excessive masturbation habit, pornography, objective partner sex and romantic intensity.
It is more complex than just having an unusually high sex drive because sexual activity gives the addict an intense feeling of euphoria, suppressing other thoughts which cause distress, self-loathing and shame. This interferes with the daily regimen of activities. Treatment and management of sex addiction is imperative because it is disruptive and harmful not just to you but also to others.It also damages relationships, careers and self-esteem.
People suffering from hyper sexuality exhibit the following symptoms:
1. They engage in compulsive masturbation
2. They frequently hire prostitutes
3. Usage of phone sex services excessively
4. They have multiple extramarital affairs
5. They plan out sexual activities excessively
6. They engage in one night stands frequently
7. They are emotionally detached from their sexual partners
8. They prefer unprotected sex
9. They obsess about an unattainable sexual partner
10. They show tendencies of paraphilia
The primary and identifiable causes of hyper sexuality are as follows:
1. Biochemical imbalances in neurotransmitters and nervous system disorders
2. Medical conditions that damage certain parts of the brain of affect brain functioning
3. Overproduction of hormones such as androgens (present in males and females)
4. Being predisposed to hyper sexuality due to genes
5. Altered neural pathways
6. Suffering from childhood abuse
7. Dysfunctional family dynamics
Sexual addiction is believed to be a dysfunctional adult response towards emotional or character regulatory deficits and innate personality as well as abuse, early detachment disorders and trauma. Hyper sexuality is a symptom of a lot of mental disorders such as bipolar disorder, adult attention deficit disorder or obsessive compulsive disorder.
Sex addicts usually do not seek treatment for their addiction until the consequences of their activities are dire and have an overt negative effect on their health, relationships, finances and career. Since addicts feel ashamed and despise themselves, they usually do not seek help until they hit rock bottom. However, it is crucial to treat this disorder in order to lead a happy and fulfilling life where one is not controlled by their addiction. You can also take the package for having safe sex.
Hyper sexuality can be treated using the following methods:
- Group Therapy
- Family and couples therapy
- Support groups
- Self-help groups
- Luteinizing hormone releasing hormone (LHRH)
- Mood Stabilizers
If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.
Avoid dental X-rays during pregnancy. If X-rays are essential (such as in a dental emergency), your dentist will use extreme caution to safeguard you and your baby. Advances in technology have made X-rays much safer today than in past decades.
Don't skip your dental checkup appointment simply because you are pregnant. Now more than any other time, regular periodontal (gum) exams are very important, because pregnancy causes hormonal changes that put you at increased risk for periodontal disease and for tender gums that bleed easily – a condition called pregnancy gingivitis. Pay particular attention to any changes in your gums during pregnancy. If tenderness, bleeding or gum swelling occurs at any time during your pregnancy, talk with your dentist or periodontist as soon as possible.
Eating Right for Your Teeth and Baby
Avoid sugary snacks. Sweet cravings are common during pregnancy. However, keep in mind that the more frequently you snack, the greater the chance of developing tooth decay.
Eat a healthy, balanced diet. Your baby's first teeth begin to develop about three months into pregnancy. Healthy diets containing dairy products, cheese, and yogurt are a good source of these essential minerals and are good for baby's developing teeth, gums, and bones.
I am 20th week pregnant. Now I have pain in my vagina from last 3-4 weeks. Specially when I am laying or sleeping on bed and changing my position. Now pain is increases. Kindly suggest me why it is happened.
Hi. I'm experiencing the pain in the vagina in the morning at the time of wake up. And I didn't get the periods in the last month. My age is 21 Height 5.1 inches Weight 40 kgs Kindly help me by suggesting me why this happens?
I am suffering from pcod disease. what should i do ? and is there any problem to get pregnant in future?
I have a three month old daughter. She keeps passing loose watery stools around ten twelve times a day. She is only getting mother's milk. I have tried to change my diet, drink more water, less water, nothing seems to help. My doctor says just wait, it'll be alright when she starts semi solid foods. She is getting a bad rash in the area that's not healing because stools are continuously coming. What should I do?
Infertility is a condition that affects approximately 1 out of every 6 couples. An infertility diagnosis is given to a couple that has been unsuccessful in efforts to conceive over the course of one full year. When the cause of infertility exists within the female partner, it is referred to as female infertility. Female infertility factors contribute to approximately 50% of all infertility cases and female infertility alone accounts for approximately one-third of all infertility cases.
What causes infertility in Women?
1. Damage to your Fallopian tubes: These structures carry eggs from your ovaries, which produce eggs, to the uterus, where the baby develops. They can get damaged when scars form after pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgery. That can prevent sperm from reaching an egg.
2. Hormonal problems: You may not be getting pregnant because your body isn't going through the usual hormone changes that lead to the release of an egg from the ovary and the thickening of the lining of the uterus.
3. Cervical issues: Some women have a condition that prevents sperm from passing through the cervical canal.
4. Uterine trouble: You may have polyps and fibroids that interfere with getting pregnant. Uterine polyps and fibroids happen when too many cells grow in the endometrium, the lining of the uterus.
5. Ovulation disorders: Ovulation disorders, meaning you ovulate infrequently or not at all, account for infertility in about 25 percent of infertile couples. These can be one of the following:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): In PCOS, complex changes occur in the hypothalamus, pituitary gland and ovaries, resulting in a hormone imbalance, which affects ovulation. PCOS is associated with insulin resistance and obesity, abnormal hair growth on the face or body and acne. It's the most common cause of female infertility.
- Hypothalamic dysfunction. The two hormones responsible for stimulating ovulation each month, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) are produced by the pituitary gland in a specific pattern during the menstrual cycle.
- Premature ovarian insufficiency. This disorder is usually caused by an autoimmune response where your body mistakenly attacks ovarian tissues or by premature loss of eggs from your ovary due to genetic problems or environmental insults such as chemotherapy. It results in the loss of the ability to produce eggs by the ovary, as well as a decreased oestrogen production under the age of 40.
I have thyroid problem. I am using eltroxin 50 mcg. After using that my periods are regular. I got married 1mnth ago. Will I get pregnancy? R will b in problem?
I have been experiencing an itch and swelling on my left labia minora at least twice in a year and lasts for 1 week days with slight pain n little bulge at one area. I use cotton underpants and take enough care not to let detergent touch the area .basically my left side is larger than right. Please do suggest.
I am not having my mensuration cycle regularly, I already have been consulted a gynecologist since past 5 years. She prescribed me some medicines, if I stop using those medicines I will not have periods and if case I will use that medicines I will have periods. While having this course I have gained weight. please suggest me best medicines and methods to overcome this problem.
Curd or dahi, is a popular food item all over the country. In the north, people eat it with flattened rice or chapatis while in the south, people are great patrons of curd rice. Some sections of the society even consume curd for superstitious purposes. It is thought that consuming curd before embarking on a journey will ensure safety and good health. Made from milk, this dairy product has a lot of health benefits. Here are some reasons why you should add curd to your daily diet starting today.
1. Helps improve digestion
The nutrients present in curd are easily absorbed by your digestive system. Not only that, it also helps in absorbing nutrients from other food items that you have eaten. It can also be used along with spicy food, as curd cools down and neutralises the heat that these foods create. A Taiwanese study even found that curd is helpful in curing H. Pylori infections which is the most common type of stomach infection.
2. Healthy for your heart
In a day and age where more and more young people are falling prey to heart disease, consuming curd can go a long way in maintaining heart health. It minimizes the risk of high blood pressure and helps reduce cholesterol levels by preventing the thickening of carotid arteries.
3. Milk substitute for those who are lactose intolerant
Some people, who cannot consume milk because they are lactose intolerant, can safely consume curd. It converts the lactose present in milk to lactic acid, making it easier to digest. Also, you do not lose out on the nutritional boost that milk provides.
4. Helps boost immunity
Curd has ‘good bacteria’ present in it which strengthens your immune system by fighting against several microorganisms that are present in the body. It is also useful in preventing vaginal yeast infection in women. These properties of curd do not diminish even when it is heated along with curry preparations to add flavour. Eat it daily to prevent infections and stay healthy!
5. Good for your teeth and bones
All dairy products are good for your bones, and curd is no different. Like milk, curd too has a high amount of phosphorous and calcium. This makes it beneficial for your teeth and bones as it helps promote bone growth and makes your teeth stronger. Taking care of your bones is essential if you want to avoid painful diseases like osteoporosis and arthritis in the future.
6. Can be used as a skincare product
Nutrients like zinc, Vitamin E and phosphorus make curd a natural skincare product and it is often used as an ingredient in homemade packs. A simple mixture of curd, gram flour and lime juice can be made at home to give you an attractive and glowing face.
7. Helps get rid of dandruff
Many advertisements claim to have found the magical chemical formula for curing dandruff. But, curd can be a simple homemade solution. Why is it good to get rid of dandruff? It has lactic acid which has anti-fungal properties. What more? You don’t even have to add other ingredients to it. Just whip some curd in a bowl, and add it to your scalp. Leave it for an hour, and wash properly with water.
8. Helps you lose weight
Whenever nutritionists make a diet plan, the first thing they include is curd. The calcium present in it prevents your body from pumping more cortisol. Hormonal imbalance of cortisol is responsible for a host of problems like hypertension, obesity and cholesterol.
9. Helps release stress and anxiety
Being stressed can wreck your health. Finding ways to relax and rejuvenate is imperative in today’s world. Along with other things, eating some curd can surely help. According to a study conducted by UCLA’s School of Medicine, eating curd was linked to lower levels of activity in the part of brain responsible for emotion and pain.