Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Meena AroraYour feedback matters!
She is 18 and we had unprotected sex a week ago and now she gets pain in her pelvic area and a general physician told to see a gyno but we are teenagers what should we do?
Gynac/dermatologist I am suffering from PCOS and lately I have been missing on my menses and my facial hair are increasing too which makes it the worst. Please recommend me a way to stop this hair growth. Please!
Since the time my period has finished I have got a weird itch down there. Also sometimes it burns when I pass urine. I am using v wash. But it isn't really helping. What should I do?
I am 16 weeks pregnant, having bronchial asthma. Does it will pass on to my baby, or will it create problems in my pregnancy.
A Pap smear test helps in detecting the signs and onset of cervical cancer. This test helps in pointing at the presence of any suspicious cells that may require further examination and testing with the help of an oncologist. You will enjoy a negative result in case you have a normal reading during the examination process and no further treatment will be required. Yet, you will be asked to go through the test on a regular basis. But here is what happens if you have an abnormal reading.
- Positive Result: You are said to have a positive result, if you have any unusual or abnormal cells were found during this Pap Smear Test. While this may not necessarily mean that you have cervical cancer, it can show what kind of abnormal cells are present in this area of your body. The doctor will check for the following things after a positive result.
- ASCUS: This is also known as Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance. This is a liquid based test that will seek to study the thin and flat squamous cells that may be found on the surface of a perfectly healthy and normal cervix. This test will check for the presence of any virus that may lead to the development of cancer and to determine the level of risk to the patient. Further, if there is any high risk virus, then further treatment and testing will be required.
- Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion: When some of the cells that have been extracted during the Pap Smear test turn out to be precancerous, then they are Squamous Intraepithelial Lesions. In many cases, it takes a few years for these lesions to turn cancerous especially when the changes are low grade, which pertains to the size, shape and other features of the same. If a high grade lesion is detected, then diagnostic testing in the form of imaging tests may be required.
- Atypical Glandular Cells: These mucus producing cells grow within the cervical opening and usually spread into the uterus as well. While they may appear abnormal, it is difficult to tell whether or not they are cancerous, especially in the early stages.
- Squamous Cell Cancer: This is an almost certain reading of the growth of cancer in the cervix. When a reading from the Pap Smear includes such a finding, the doctor will recommend immediate evaluation.
- Colposcopy: Once you have had a positive reading with any of the above findings, the doctor will perform this procedure with sample tissue extracted during a biopsy. This will be done with the use of a special magnifying tool known as a colposcope to examine the cervix, vagina and vulva tissues.
I am. Suffering from pcod since 2 years I take metformin about 22 months but since two months my blood sugar is getting low then I stop metformin my whole body is shivering and heart beating increasing never before has been happened me 2 days before my both bp. And sugar was low den doctor admitted me but jus gv only saline 2 bottles I do today sugar fasting it show 91.7 and hba1c 5.2 what shall I do I am. So tensed please suggest me any medicine so that my sugar level will be ok.
Hi. After contacted with my husband I got lots of bleeding in my personal part , I was so worried now , what happened next now , I have to take any Medical treatment or what?
I am a 53years female. I have regular menstruation period. No menopause symptoms but I gain lot of wait since last year. How to control my wait gain. Is this ok that I haven't menopause yet.
Hi, I have read a lot regarding breastfeeding but my son who is now 1.5 years old was breast fed for 2 months only and that too partially. I had very less milk production and I tried all I could to breastfeed him. Sometimes he used to suck for 40-50 mins and still cry for more. So I switched to formula milk and after 2 months he completely gave up on breast milk. Nose congestion was also one of the reasons for that. I would like to know if I am prone to breast cancer due to this or my child is prone to low immunity due to this. I am hugely concerned as I can see he fell sick very soon. Like with every season change. I am really depressed.
Hi, I am 32 years female. After pregnancy my weight is gained. Now my weight is 71 kg and my height is 5.4feet Can you please suggest me the way by which I can loose my weight.
Hello sir, my weight is 60 kg nd become bit fat nd now I am planning to have a baby. Is this weight is good to carry for conceiving my height is 5.1 please suggest me.
Muje period aane me is bar let ho gaga h pahle time to time ho jata tha lekin is bar 2 month ho gsye h lekin avi tak nhi aaya h kya reason h and please koi dawa batao sir jis se main period la saku.
My baby is 20 days old and she is on breastfeed I have catched cold and cough congestion Kindly suggest me any medicine which is safe to take during breastfeeding.
Hello doc, my cousin has a natural miscarriage, and it was incomplete miscarriage in last month a big piece came out so we thought miscarriage is completed after that also in next cycle of periods little amount of pieces occured n blood is also thicker than normal n there is pain in legs, lower stomach daily smtimes cramps in stomach also periods hone k baad bhi dard reh hi raha h to kya karna chaiye koi medication necessary hoti h kya miscarriage k baad she dont want to concieve now please rply what to do ?
Sweets are cause of acute dental pain in many people who have existing dental problem. This pain may subside by itself or may prolong giving excessive discomfort.
Tip is for those who have had this type of pain previously,
Please keep distance from sweets or too hot n cold substances to celebrate the festival n get the teeth treated at the earliest.
Eat dentally healthy non sticky food n have safe diwali.
Cricket is the most famous and close to the heart game for most of the people in India. Any injury to any player is a big hit to the entire team's performance. While cricket is a major sport in the country, sportspersons from other games too have begun to make a mark in the international arena. It is because of this, we have come to hear about sports injuries much more than ever before, with injuries to cricketers still heard most often.
What are the types of injuries related to Cricket?
The most common injuries related to the gentleman's game are:
- Hamstring strain
- Low back pain
- Side strain
- Shoulder pain
- Sprained ankle
How does Physiotherapy help an individual?
A physiotherapist assesses your muscle strength and the range of movement in your joints and advises on techniques and exercises to bring back the mobility of your injured muscles or inflamed joints.
Physiotherapy is a physical therapy that takes care of the overall well-being of the body. The muscular part is most affected when you play or exercise. Three of the main approaches a physiotherapist may use are:
- Education and advice - Tips and hacks for ensuring physical well-being of a person
- Movement and exercise - Aids and exercises to ensure good physical health
- Manual therapy - A therapy of manual massage and body movements to relieve pain
- Other techniques - These include acupuncture, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) and ultrasounds.
There are numerous sports-related injuries that can be effectively treated with physiotherapy. The therapy followed is entirely dependent on the kind of injury caused due to the sport.
The physiotherapist initially asks you some questions to know about your injury, medical history, family health records, prevalent allergies, and other such related information. Based on this initial examination, your physiotherapist will design a therapy plan for a test period to see if it is working or not.