Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Md Ishtiyaque Hussain
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Md Ishtiyaque HussainYour feedback matters!
I hv thyroid problem. And I'm also suffering from over weight and irregular periods. In addition joint pain also. I hv my last periods on 23 june I didn't hv my periods yet.
Any condition that affects the functioning of the bones, joints, ligaments or muscles is categorized as an orthopaedic issue. This includes whiplash, joint pain, torn cartilage, fibromyalgia etc. Most of these conditions can be easily treated. The good news is that with a little care, they can be prevented as well. Here are a few tips:
- Eat Right: Having a well-balanced, healthy diet is key to preventing orthopaedic trouble. Amongst vitamins, vitamin D is the most important for bone health. This vitamin helps the body to absorb calcium from food. Amongst minerals, calcium is most important. This mineral is essential for good bone density and can help reduce the risk of fracturing a bone.
- Exercise Right: Exercise helps boost flexibility and keeps your joints supple. This also improves your body balance and keeps you away from being clumsy. Along with this, exercise also strengthens the muscles. Walking and swimming are great exercises for bone health. You could also try yoga. When practicing yoga, it is important to perform each asana correctly. For this reason, it is a good idea to learn the art of yoga from a certified teacher.
- Wear the right shoes: Shoes play an important role in cushioning your feet and supporting your knee joint. The knee joint, in fact, one of the most susceptible to joint trouble. For this reason, it is important to wear the right shoes. Walking and running shoes should ideally be light, have a thick, well-cushioned sole and fit right. Do not wear shoes that are too small or too big for your feet.
- Drink plenty of water: Water keeps the body hydrated and aids in the absorption of nutrients from your diet. If you do not drink enough water, the body will not be able to digest food. This will keep you from getting the vitamins and minerals you need even though your diet may be rich in them. Ideally, one should drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. Any other liquid such as tea, coffee, soft drinks etc. cannot be used as a substitute for water.
- Maintain the right posture: The way you walk, sit, lift objects etc. also affects your bone health. Do not drag your feet but lift them with each step while walking. Bend your knees when bending. Do not lift heavy weights from a standing position. Bend you knees while keeping your back straight and then lift the object. To keep pressure from falling on your spine, tighten your stomach muscles.
Most people start suffering from some type of orthopaedic disorder as they enter into their forties. Since most orthopaedic problems are degenerative in nature or limit normal movement, it is best to know how to prevent their onset. A commitment towards leading a healthy life, which includes a good diet and daily exercise, often goes a long way in keeping us fit and active.
Hello sir I have pain in my head and some fever last two days and full body pain tel witch medicine can I take?
I am 34 year and before one month I have got acl ligament injury. And I done acl reconstruction surgery yesterday. And today I am discharge. But the pain is too much .and no move my effected leg. What I do for this. Pl suggested for remove pain. Dr. Prescribed cefixime and diclo para tablets.
I have a neck pain on my left side of neck. I think because sitting for studies for a long period of time. Or improper parties while sleeping. How to get rid of it? Methods? Pills? Medicines? Exercises? Help.
I am 25 year old man and I have backbone problem. What should I do? Please reply. Its urgent. Please as early as possible.
I am 17 years old male I have severe back ache and dark spots on my face since last 2 years what should I do.
I have back bone problem on 5 & 6 no bone I have spondolizes problem from the year 2000 my back is too much paining on upper side.
Some people have low back pain when they are lying resting in certain positions.
A few people have low back pain only when they lie down. Many people with low back pain feel worse when they are lying down and dread the thought of another night with more back pain and less sleep. If you have low back pain only when lying down, or if you regularly wake in the morning with a stiff and painful low back that was not painful the night before, there is likely to be something wrong with the surface on which you are lying or the position in which you sleep.
It is a comparatively easy task to correct the surface on which you are lying, but rather difficult to influence the position you adopt while sleeping.
Once you are asleep, you may regularly change your position or toss and tum. Unless a certain position causes so much discomfort that it wakes you, you have no real idea of the various positions you assume while sleeping .Many people with back problems are told never to lie face down when in bed. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that this is harmful to the back.
On the contrary, it may well be that your back ceases to be painful in the face-down position. If you have not already discovered the effects of lying face down, you should experiment to see what effect this has on your problem the next time you experience pain while lying. Certainly there are some low back problems that are aggravated by lying in this way. If you have sciatica, lying face down is nearly always impossible.
Correction of Surface
There are two simple ways in which you may be able to reduce strains on your low back caused by a faulty lying position:
The first and most important way is to lie with a supportive roll around your waist. This roll will support your low back as you re stand will prevent strain that can develop when you lie on your side or back.You may purchase a lumbar night roll specifically made for the purpose from the agents listed at the back of this book. You will need to supply them with your waist measurement and advise them how much you weigh. Alternatively, you may substitute a rolled beach or bath towel. Fold the towel in half from end to end then roll in from the side. This will create a roll of about 3 inches in diameter and 3 feet in length. Wind the roll around your waist, and fix it in front with a safety pin to ensure that it remains in place where you normally wear your belt; otherwise, the roll will move up or down during your sleep, it may actually increase your night pain. The measurements given above are merely a guide; lumbar supports need to fulfill individual requirements, and each person must experiment for himself. You can follow the general rule that when you lie on your side, the roll should fill the natural hollow in the body contour between pelvis and rib cage; and when you lie on your back, the roll should support the low back in moderate lordosis.
The second way is to ensure that your mattress does not sag. The mattress itself should not be too hard; in fact, a soft mattress can be extremely comfortable provided it is placed on a firm support. To ensure that your mattress is supported on a firm hard surface, it is best to place it on the floor and spend three to four nights sleeping in this way to determine if this is the source of the problem. Avoid a bed with a wire base and use a solid base instead , with a rubber or inner spring mattress on top of it.If you have tried these suggestions without benefit, you should consult a health provider trained in this specialty.It may be that you require special advice regarding the surface on which you lie or the posture you assume while sleeping. It may also be possible that you need special treatment for your low back problems.