Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mayur Dass
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mayur DassYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
its very good experience with her
Let's be clear about what turmeric can not do:
Turmeric usually does not cause significant side effects -- ( The truth is that some people can experience stomach upset, nausea, dizziness, or diarrhea)
You can use turmeric if you have gallbladder problems -- (The truth is that turmeric can make gallbladder problems worse)
Turmeric is not helpful for diabetes -- (The truth is that early research suggests that taking turmeric daily for 9 months can reduce the number of people with prediabetes who develop diabetes.)
Now that we have cleared up what Turmeric cannot do, let's talk about what it Can do for you.
Turmeric has been used for roughly 4000 years as a medicine for a wide variety of medical conditions. Turmeric was mainly for digestive issues, but can be used to treat everything from indigestion to cancer.
The main active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, and according to UMMC, 'Curcumin is also a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants scavenge molecules in the body known as free radicals, which damage cell membranes, tamper with DNA, and even cause cell death.
Antioxidants can fight free radicals and may reduce or even help prevent some of the damage they cause. In addition, curcumin lowers the levels of two enzymes in the body that cause inflammation. It also stops platelets from clumping together to form blood clots.'
Turmeric has been shown to treat:
The research that back up these claim is extensive to say the least. For instance, a publication from The International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell
'Although safe in most cases, ancient treatments are ignored because neither their active component nor their molecular targets are well defined. This is not the case, however, with curcumin, a yellow pigment substance and component of turmeric (Curcuma longa), which was identified more than a century ago. For centuries it has been known that turmeric exhibits anti-inflammatory activity, but extensive research performed within the past two decades has shown that the activity of turmeric is due to curcumin, a diferuloylmethane. This agent has been shown to regulate numerous transcription factors, cytokines, protein kinases, adhesion molecules, redox status and enzymes that have been linked to inflammation. The process of inflammation has been shown to play a major role in most chronic illnesses, including neurodegenerative, cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic, autoimmune and neoplastic diseases.'
The publications concludes:'The wisdom and scientific credentials of curcumin in the Ayurvedic and Chinese systems of medicine have been corroborated by numerous studies conducted over the past 30 years. These observations are also supported by epidemiological data suggesting lower incidence of chronic diseases in people from countries where curcumin is consumed. The various effects of curcumin have been widely studied in Western systems of medicine for decades, and has been found to possess antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Considering that inflammation plays a major role in most chronic illnesses, anti-inflammatory agents are needed for prevention purposes. Although several different steroids and NSAIDS (such as celecoxib, aspirin, ibuprofen, phenylbutazole, etc.) have been approved for treatment of inflammatory conditions, most of them have side effects, especially when consumed over long periods of time. Because curcumin inhibits multiple proinflammatory pathways and is affordable, this phytochemical should be further explored for prevention and treatment of various chronic diseases. Further clinical trials are needed to fully develop the potential of this 'age-old NSAID'.
My friend has been diagnosed with ovarian torsion in left ovary .What is the treatment for it? She has been advised by some doc to remove her left ovary. Please help.
Hello Dr. My wife is 47 years old. She has vaginal pain, when penetrating she can't bear d pain and not interested in sex. She has fibroids. Please help!
My period was due on 15th but I started taking the birth control pill for the first time on 10th. Bleeding started on the same day and it hasn't stopped for ten days now. I am also a smoker. How can I stop the breakthrough bleeding immediately? (Bleeding has reduced but has not stopped)
Chlamydia is a STD and is caused by Chlamydia trachomatis, a bacterium that enters the body during intercourse and can infect the male or female genitals. Here are a few reasons as to why chlamydia is a rising threat:
- Chlamydia is mostly a silent infection meaning. It does not show any obvious symptoms. In case that you do have indications, they may not show up until a few weeks after you engage in sexual activity with a partner who is infected. Chlamydia can damage your reproductive system even when it does not show any signs or symptoms.
- In women, even without any signs or symptoms, Chlamydia can permanently damage the Fallopian tubes and is the main source of infertility. This may require urgent medical attention in some cases.
- It is spread through unprotected sex with someone who is already infected by the bacteria. A pregnant lady can likewise pass the disease to her child during delivery as it passes through the birth canal. This could lead to an eye infection or pneumonia in your infant. Having chlamydia may also result in an early delivery or an immature baby.
- Untreated Chlamydia in ladies can lead to infections in different parts of their reproductive framework. This infection is called pelvic incendiary disease (PID). PID frequently has no indications; however a few women may have stomach and pelvic pain. Regardless of the possibility that it does not cause any signs or symptoms at first, PID can cause a permanent damage to the reproductive system and result in long-term pelvic pain, inability to get pregnant and lead to a destructive ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the uterus).
- In men, untreated Chlamydia can bring about urethral infections as well as other kinds of complications such as swollen and delicate testicles (epididymitis), which may bring about sterility (failure to make sperm and father any children).
- Chlamydia disease increases your possibility of getting different sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) such as gonorrhea or HIV.
- Contamination with Chlamydia does not make a person invulnerable to the infection. From the time a person is contaminated with Chlamydia, he or she can spread the infection and keeps on doing so until properly treated.
Chlamydia can be cured with the right treatment. It is important that you take the majority of the medications your specialist recommends to cure your disease. At the point when taken properly, it will stop the disease and could diminish your odds of having complications later on. Medicine for chlamydia need not be shared with anybody. Whenever you feel like you may not have used protection while sexual intercourse, do get yourself checked for chlamydia immediately. Annual check ups for chlamydia are usually recommended to everyone. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 31 weeks pregnant, My Age 28 years, I have done USG recently. It shows my baby's wait is 1.5 kg. Is my baby's wait is normal now and what should I do or which food should I take to increase my baby's weight?
I had sex with my girl friend during the month of june 2nd week. June 12th. And now she is pregnant. While having the ultra sound scan. The result shows it had been 17.2 weeks. Is that possible? According to the date we have had sex? Please help me with this.
Child deliveries during pregnancies are of two types. If you are pregnant or have someone in your family who is then you can either go for caesarean section (or C-section) delivery or normal delivery, which is also known as vaginal delivery. In some case C-section delivery is chosen by your doctor as it may be a safer option in case you have some health complications. Diabetes, high blood pressure or herpes can cause complication that may in advance let you know whether the delivery procedure would be C-section or the normal one. Here are the pro and cons of both the procedure.
Natural Delivery: Benefits and Disadvantages
- Shorter stay in the hospital and time for recovery can help you in case of normal delivery.
- It may be physically painful but at the end of the day as it is a natural delivery method and you will experience less postpartum pain.
- There would be lesser chances of respiratory problems in your baby.
- Normal delivery may cause fear and anxiety which may lead to huge complications. Even your baby may face the risk of being deprived of oxygen from cord compression.
- It is also more painful and unpredictable.
- There may be increased chances of pelvic organ prolapses in normal section deliveries.
C-section: Benefits and Disadvantages
- You will be well in advance told about the delivery date by your doctor and hence planning is made easy. 2. If you have any infection like herpes chances of your baby being is reduced by c section delivery.
- There will be lesser risk of pelvic floor injury and few cases of urinary continence.
- There will be no risk of birth related trauma like bruises and swelling.
- There are surgical risks of anesthesia which can cause severe adverse side effects like headache, nausea and vomiting.
- There are also chances of heart attacks and blood clotting in veins. You may also have chances of postpartum infection in c section delivery.
- Numbness around the area of operation and bleeding may require a hysterectomy which is a surgery to remove the uterus.
There are many other pro and cons of the two methods of delivery and you should always consult your doctor and follow proper medications for better delivery of the newborn.