Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mayanka ChauhanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from swelled gum. The dentist told me that my last two tooth have some gape thats why some of the food particles get stuck there and cause pain .She prescribed me a "cap" treatment, but I am totally unaware of that. Is there is any side-effect of this and also is there any alternative to this problem. She suggest me 3-4 options for the treatment, costing 9000-15000, is there any difference or all are same.
Hello doctors, I have sensitive teeth and I am using oral-b extra soft brush and ra thermoseal paste and till I have the problem. My doctor told I have calcium deficiency and I have to bear the pain to my life long. Need suggestion to reduce the pain
Hi actually my teeth is arranged properly and nice looking. But I stil wish to wear metal teeth brace with colour. Just for beauty purpose. Wto which clinic should I go and get the cheapest price?
Onions have antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that control a toothache. It can provide relief from pain by killing the germs causing an infection.
At the first sign of a toothache, chew raw onion for a few minutes to relieve the pain.
If you are not able to chew it, place a piece of raw onion directly on the bad tooth or gum.
I am 63 year old. I have been loosing teeth very fast. Right side top two jaw teeth have eroded very badly. Have difficulty in chewing food. I have a serious condition of submucous fibrosis and I can not open my mouth wide. So I am scared of getting myself treated from any dentist. Can you please help?
I am 74 years male. My mouth gets dried up. Sometimes so much as if tongue, lips and palate are pasted. Can anything be done.
I have a problem in a dental in fast few day I can not do it for eat and food some problems is there pls help me.
My mother is 64 years old .she has mouth ulcer and swollen lips .she applied candid mouth paint and had becosules syrup .but still she has problem. Moreover she is high BP patient and allergic to dust.
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.
What should do during growing of teeth of a child. What kind of medicine should give to child during teeth growing. Please tell me. Thank you.
Hello, My mother is having thyroid and blood anemia due to which her HB remains low. She is taking daily one dilzem tablet for heart beat function control and one thyroxine early morning as advice by doctor . Now recently she got some severe teeth pain and dentist advice her for root canal treatment of that teeth. As per HB test conducted today her hemoglobin is only 4.5. Request your advice whether we can go ahead with root canal treatment for teeth or should wait for HB to be little normal. Is there any risk to undergo root canal treatment at present position. Dentist told to consult physician and take advice to go ahead. Hence request your advice. My mother is 52 years old. Thanks!
My gums pull away from the teeth and form spaces (called “pockets”) that become infect. In upper two teeth. What can I do. If my upper two teeth become loose.
I have continous sensation in my front teeth. Also my wisdom teeth are coming out. Because of this I am having headache. I am a working woman & hence cant go to the doctor frequently. Kindly suggest as it is getting worse with each passing day.
My right eye head (near neck) and right side teeths r paining from couple of days. What might be it?
Prevent bad breath by brushing your teeth and flossing twice a day.
Brush your tongue/try using a tongue scraper, to remove any trapped food and plaque caught in the tiny hair-like fibers on the tongue.
Finish off your brushing by rinsing thoroughly with water or mouthwash.
Bad breath can be prevented by the treatment of dental problems such as tooth decay, gum abscesses, and abscessed teeth.
Place a few drops of tee tree oil or peppermint oil on your tongue or use the oil on your toothbrush along with your toothpaste.
Quit smoking, as this is the only way to eliminate bad breath from the use of cigarettes, which is also responsible for periodontal disease.
Avoid foods known to cause bad breath such as garlic, onions, cabbage, certain spices, and coffee.
A dry mouth, also known as xerostomia, is a major factor when it comes to bad breath. Sip water, chew sugar-free gum to help produce more saliva.
If you are using breath fresheners on a regular basis, consider choosing one that contains xylitol, a sweetener that some studies have shown to reduce cavities. Avoid products that contain sugar to prevent the accumulation of plaque.
Occasionally use a mixture of 50% hydrogen peroxide and 50% water, as a mouth rinse. Hydrogen peroxide will help kill the bacteria that cause bad breath.
Prevent bad breath by visit your dentist on a regular basis (every six months or as indicated by your dentist) for a complete examination of your teeth and gums and thorough cleaning.