Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mayank Dhamija
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mayank DhamijaYour feedback matters!
My daughter who is 2 months old Wakes up suddenly like she is scared of something. It happens during the day and night also. It is happening for the past 2 days. After dat she cries. Please let me know what may be the problem.
Hi my baby was born on 5th Nov 2016. I had to undergo a c section because of which he did not tak my feed for 3 days. He was Having lactogen. Now that I am at home and trying to feed him. He wants my milk flow to be fast bcoz he is very hungry. And I don't want to give him excess of lactogen I want to give him my feed. Please suggest me what should I do to increase my breast milk.
My kid is 4 and half yr, he is having allergy problem. He had wheezing now he is fine. No cough too. His nose is always blocked. His chest seems to be clear. Doc said to give nasal drops daily before sleeping. Is it safe to give nasal drops daily.
My one and half month old baby 's fetal hemoglobin is 49.50 % and hemoglobin A is 46% ,please tell me it is indication of thailsamea.
Hi doctor. My daughter is 18 months old. By mistake we have given her a dose of 2.5 ml in morning and 5 ml in the night of Alerid Syrup. Can you pls advice whether it leads to any problems.
My baby loosing her weight from 9 kg to 7 kg now. Am giving her all types of foods like vegetables, fruits,rice, daal,cerelac, milk.She is 10 moths old. What extra things I should give for her growth?
Hi, my daughter is 4. 5yrs and she is suffering from adenoids and due to that she snores and vomits thick sputum. She does not takes much fluids. Can you please suggest some medicine or treatment?
Women love the fact that breastfeeding can safeguard them from general illnesses such as cold and fever. However, there is a bigger pie to cheer about. Apparently, it has been found that breastfeeding can lower the risk of breast cancer as well. Not to forget, breastfeeding is extremely crucial for a baby. It can help him/her to increase immunity and stay away from major diseases.
Facts from major studies:
- A study published in the Lancet, 2002 showed that women who breastfeed for 12 months at a stretch can reduce the chances of breast cancer by a good 4.3 percent compared to the ones who did not breastfeed. The study was performed on over 1,50,000 women and brought enough substance to the theory.
- A study conducted on 60,000 women and published in the Archives of Internal Medicine reported that a woman who has a family history of breast cancer can mitigate the risk of breast cancer, if she breastfed before her menopause.
- A study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute reported that women from African ancestry often develop an acute form of cancer known as the estrogen receptor-negative and triple-negative. Breastfeeding can significantly hedge the risk of developing this form of breast cancer.
- A collaborative study published in Annals of Oncology, a famous journal, reported that the chances of developing hormone-receptor negative breast cancer can be negated by 20 percent if a woman breastfed before her menopause.
How does breastfeeding reduce the risk of cancer?
Some researches suggest that women who breastfeed get fewer menstrual cycle compared to the ones who do not. This means low exposure to estrogen for breastfeeding women. It is a common knowledge that estrogen can fuel breast cancer. There is a second theory that suggests that breastfeeding makes the cells of the breasts more resistive to mutation. Therefore, the breast can block cancer.
There is the other factor of lifestyle changes. Women tend to do away with drinking, smoking, eating junk food, and leading an undisciplined life. Once these are given up and replaced with healthy lifestyle practices, the chances of breast cancer automatically come down.
How long should one breastfeed to refrain from breast cancer?
There is no concrete answer to this question. Most studies show that longer the duration of breastfeeding, lower the chances of breast cancer. But, in general, a year of breast feeding is a safe number and can reduce the chance of breast cancer by almost 20 percent, as revealed by many studies. If, however, a woman fails to breastfeed, there is no need to stress. A healthy lifestyle can go a long way in surviving breast cancer.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My daughter is 4 years old. Tomorrow night she fell down and her lips got cut by teeth and her nose was bleeding. Please help me.
1. Limit your child's consumption of sugar sweetened beverages
2. Encourage the consumption of fruits and vegetables
3. Eat meals together as a family as often as possible
4. Limit eating out especially at fast food restaurants
5. Adjust portion sizes appropriately as per their age
6. Limit TV and computer time to less than two hours.