Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Maya SoodYour feedback matters!
I am having PCOD but still bleeding heavily from past 6 months. Taking primolut-n twice a day but spotting is still there. Need to take high doses and trenexa injections daily to stop bleeding. Can send you all reports and prescriptions if required. Please help!
How to Identify You're not Chewing Your Food Enough?
Are you always in a hurry while eating or multitask while chewing your food? Then it is highly probable that you don’t chew your food enough. A recent survey revealed that on an average people chew their food only 6 six times before swallowing, which is far less than enough. Chewing food for an adequate amount of time is necessary for a healthy digestive system and can help you avoid lots of health problems.
Here’s why you should chew your food properly.
So what happens to your body when you don’t chew your food enough?
Mastication is the name given to the process of chewing food. Mastication, if not done properly, can lead to various health problems like-
1. Incomplete digestion: Digestion starts in the mouth itself and chewing has a significant role in it. The salivary glands are stimulated to release an alkaline enzyme, called ptyalin, by chewing. This enzyme combines with carbohydrates to initiate the process of the conversion of food into simpler sugars by splitting. Not chewing food properly may be a causative agent for digestive problems like gas, bloating, and diarrhoea to name a few.
2. Increased threat of bacterial overgrowth: If food is not chewed properly it cannot be completely broken down by the digestive system. The partially digested portion of food may result in increased amount of bacteria in the colon, leading to stomach infections.
3. Bad oral health: If you don’t chew food enough, plaque build-up in your mouth may increase, which can further lead to tooth decay. This is because improper chewing means lesser amount of saliva secretion, and more chances of accumulation of unbroken food particles in the mouth, causing cavities.
4. Lesser nutrient absorption: When you don’t chew your food properly, larger food particles don’t break into smaller ones. This makes absorption of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients difficult for your body when they pass through the intestines.
Indications that you don’t chew your food properly
If you don’t chew food for an adequate amount of time, your body begins to give warning signs. This can affect your health significantly, and the following symptoms show if you don’t do it properly.
1. Frequent digestive problems: If you are frequently experiencing digestive problems like acid reflux, constipation or heartburn then there are good chances that the problem is inadequate chewing of food.
2. Weight gain: One of the reasons behind weight gain may be consuming too many calories without realising. This can happen when you eat fast, which indicates that you don’t crush and grind your food properly inside your mouth.
3. Recurrent mood swings: Researchers are of the opinion that improper chewing of food gives rise to digestive problems, which in turn may often ruin your mood.
How many times should you chew each bite?
Researchers at Ohio State University are of the opinion that you should chew each mouthful of food for a minimum of 30 times. However, they mentioned that chewing softer food like potatoes for 5 to 10 times is enough.
Hello sir/madam. I had sex with my gf on 14th Nov. I'm worried about her getting pregnant by the act cuz it was an unprotected sex. Is it really safe for her to take an I pill or unwanted 72. She is totally worried about the side effects by the pills. Can you please tell me the real serious impacts of pills. And I'm not sure whether the semen has been out or not during the intercourse. I was not conscious about it. What if there is no semen ejaculated and she takes the pill. Is there any serious problem. Please help me out with this. Kindly read my complete question. Thank you.
I am doing sex with my wife without using any precautions but then also she is not conceiving. From last two times and this time also she got periods. What is the reason behind it ?
I am 23 years old n my girlfriend is of 19 years old we often went to foreplay but now she wants me to satisfy her going to intercourse. The most important part of our relationship is we both are yet not settle in career. I tried to convince her abt unwanted pregnancy but her response was as there are hundreds of methods to avoid pregnancy look for any. We both love each other a lot. How Can we avoid pregnancy. Is there any sure method. She is not comfortable with condoms so what should we look ahead in order to avoid pregnancy n also guide us about vaginal bleeding while loosing virginity. Is unwanted 72 tablet surely works 100%
Hi, My name is salman khan. I leave in mumbai. Im a student. My age is 19. I have pcod. What is the symptoms of pcod? What to do? What is it? What is the diet for it? What should I do for it? Thank you.
I am . 35 years age. My left side breast feel heavy and some time pain. Where as right side is ok. Which specialist is appropriate for treatment. Even my nipples is odd.
It is a delicious snack which usually we eat while watching movies or as an evening snacks. The benefits of pop corn is -
1. Regulates blood sugar. Patients suffering from diabetes can have it if made in proper way.
2. Weight reduction as it is sugar free, fat free and low in calories.
3. Enrich in proteins than chips, waffers.
4. Lower cholesterol levels.
5. Prevents premature ageing.
6. Prevents from various other diseases like cancer, tumor, diabetes.
7. Improves digestive system and prevent constipation.
Normally people eat peanuts in winters as it is tasty, nutritious and a good time pass. The benefits of pea nuts are -
1. Improves memory as it contains vitamin b3 or niacin which boosts memory.
2. Lower risk of weight gain.
3. Prevents hair fall/loss.
4. Lower the risk of allergic diseases.
5. Prevent from many other diseases like - cancer, diabetes, heart, depression etc.
6. Aids in blood sugar regulation
7. Peanuts lower the risk of getting gallblader stone.
Jaggery peanut brittle:
Its is healthy, tasty, crispy snacks that is easly available in any season especially winters. It has several benefits:
1. It contains good amount of proteins, minerals, vitamins, and act as an antioxidant.
2. Does not affect sugar level. A diabetic patient can have jaggery peanut brittle.
3. It helps lower ldl and increase hdl level in the blood.
4. Purifies the blood by releasing all toxins from the body.
5. Good for skin. Prevents from any skin problems/allergies.
6. Rich source of calcim, magnesium, copper etc.
7. Prevent from life threatening diseases like stroke, cancers, degenerative diseases, coronary diseases, infectious diseases etc.
So guys celebrate and enjoy lohri festival and be healthy. Happy lohri:)