Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manvir ShinhaYour feedback matters!
My baby girl is 7 months old. Her stool is hard and too small amount. She is crying during potty. Her wt is 7.5 kg. We are giving her enfamil a+ and rice dal. Please suggest what to do ?
My son is 16 year old, he is suffering from asthma. Can I give lavolin rotocap 100mcg three time in a day. + budecort 100mcg only without medicine ?
Afrezza - the only inhaled insulin for diabetes.
Afrezza® is an inhaled human insulin indicated to help improve glycemic control in adults with diabetes mellitus.
Afrezza is a rapid-acting, inhaled insulin used to control high blood sugar in adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. The product consists of a dry formulation of human insulin delivered from a small and portable inhaler.
Administered at the beginning of a meal, afrezza dissolves rapidly upon inhalation to the lung and delivers insulin quickly to the bloodstream. Peak insulin levels are achieved within 12–15 minutes of administration. Afrezza is available in 4-unit and 8-unit single dose cartridges of insulin powder that can be used, as prescribed by a health care professional, in combination with other diabetes medications to achieve target blood sugar levels. For afrezza doses exceeding 8 units, patients may use a combination of 4 unit and 8 unit cartridges. Other sizes of cartridges are being considered. The disposable inhaler can be used for up to 15 days, should be kept in a clean, dry place with the mouthpiece cover on and may be wiped with a clean, dry cloth if needed.
Limitations of use
Do not use afrezza as a substitute for long-acting insulin;
Afrezza must be used in combination with long-acting insulin in patients with type 1 diabetes.
Do not use afrezza to treat diabetic ketoacidosis. Afrezza is not recommended in patients who smoke or who have recently stopped smoking.
Important safety information for afrezza
Warning: risk of acute bronchospasm in patients with chronic lung disease
Acute bronchospasm has been observed in patients with asthma and COPD using afrezza. Afrezza is contraindicated in patients with chronic lung disease such as asthma or copd. Before initiating afrezza, perform a detailed medical history, physical examination, and spirometry (FEV1) to identify potential lung disease in all patients.
Do not use afrezza if you have problems with your lungs, such as asthma or COPD. Do not use afrezza during a low blood sugar reaction (hypoglycemia). If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in afrezza, do not use afrezza as this may cause a significant and severe allergic reaction.
Afrezza patient starter kit
Hi doctor, my baby is 3 months old. He is having slow weight gain and looking so lean. His birth weight is 3.4 kg and now he is 5.2 kg. Is it normal? I am on breastfeeding. He is not finishing one breast completely. He is taking only foremilk and not hindmilk. He is very lazy to suck and sleeps often in the breast. After feeding I used to pump to remove the hindmilk. Please suggest what to be done?
I'm 27 years old female having a 7 year old boy who is still breastfeeding. I got a pain on my left breast at the side of the breast near the armpits for 2 days. Is it serious? Do I seek medical attention for this?
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being.
My two and half years old daughter sucks thumb. Is it safe to use female lotion to stop her to suck thumb?
My son is 18 months old. He has not started eating much food. It seems it depends on his mood. If he is in mood, he eats otherwise not. And mainly depends on his mothers feeding. I am confused whether to go for any check up or anything else ?
Hi, I've a 5 month baby. I think that my breast milk supply is not enough for my baby. So I want to know how I can increase my breast milk supply. Means what food I should take or anything else to increase breast milk?
भोजन के बाद फ्लोराइड टूथपेस्ट से कम से कम हर दिन दो बार ब्रश करे |
रात को सोने से पहले मुँह में अच्छे से फ्लॉस करे |
अपने दांतो की स्वच्छता के लिए नियमित रूप से चिकित्सक के पास जाएं |
खाने के लिए अच्छी तरह से संतुलित आहार विशेष रूप से अपने नियमित खाने में शामिल करे |
ज्यादा से ज्यादा पानी पिए |