Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manvi SenYour feedback matters!
Autism is a condition that afflicts many children around the globe and continues well into adulthood, with far-ranging and lifelong repercussions. While there is no permanent cure for this debilitating condition, one can turn to a number of treatments and management methods in order to take care of the symptoms and suppress the onset of the same. Let us find out more about the causes of the condition as well as the diagnosis, diet and homeopathic treatment for the same.
This is a neurological disease that children are usually born with. It may arise due to genetic or environmental factors. This is a complex ailment that has a bearing on the social and communication skills of the child and it affects his/her development as the child grows into an adult. Intake of drugs and other kinds of harmful medications during pregnancy are the most notable causes of this disease, while a faulty carrier gene could also bring on this condition in many cases. Exposure to many kinds of chemicals may also lead to the onset of this condition.
While there are no lab tests that can determine the presence of this condition, doctors usually conduct the diagnosis on the basis of the symptoms, including constant tantrums, repetition of words as well as slurring, and over sensitivity towards pain. Further, a clinical evaluation based on the milestones touched by the child in the development process will also be studied carefully in order to make the right diagnosis. Screening tests can help determine the presence of this condition.
There is a large body of medical practitioners who hold the belief that the diet of a patient can have a large bearing on how he or she reacts to autism and its symptoms. As per many medical studies, it is known that these patients are not able to digest gluten and casein very well, which is why they should eliminate the same from their diet. Therefore, the patients must stick to gluten-free food like rice, vegetables, corn, soy and even fruits. Further, they should even try to avoid casein-rich food like dairy.
These medicines should always be prescribed by a doctor. There are about 20 different types of medicines available to treat and manage the symptoms, especially if they arise due to genetic reasons. These may be prescribed for a period of six months to one year at a time, depending on the severity of the symptoms. The Houston Homeopathy Method has been known to give relief to over hundreds of children suffering from this ailment. Constitutional homeopathy can also be used in such cases so as to bring some respite from the symptoms.
I am 18 years old and have serious sleep issues during exams. I guess the insomnia is due to the stress and tension. What should I do?
My father suffering from brain stroke 4 months back, right now his eye vision is not clear that is the big problem please suggest me.
I am 23 years old suffering from migraine and my eyes are sensitive to light suggest me any medicine.
Im 25 year old female. Im facing sleeping disorders from past 10 months. Eg.whem im in deep sleep I feel im awake n I try to get up but I couldn't. I researched about this on internet n got to know that it's a condition of sleep paralysis. Not only this I get scary dreams n hallucinations when im more tired. Cn I please know what happened to me actually n what can I do to get rid of my problems?
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system, thus it is basically a neurological disorder. In this the nerve cell activity of the brain is disrupted and causes seizures along with episodes of unusual behavior along with the loss of consciousness. The symptoms of the seizure can vary and some people with epilepsy just stare blankly for few seconds when a seizure takes place, while some twitch their arms and legs repeatedly.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
As epilepsy is caused by the abnormal activities in the brain cells, seizures affect the processes with which the brain coordinates. Some signs and symptoms are:
- Staring blankly
- Confusion which is temporary
- Uncontrolled jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Loss of awareness and consciousness
- Psychic symptoms
Mostly the symptoms vary depending on the type of the seizure. The seizures are further classified into focal and generalized depending on which part of the brain shows abnormal activity.
When seizures are due to the abnormal activity of the cells in just one area then it is known as focal seizures. These seizures are of two types:
- Simple partial seizures or the focal seizures without loss of consciousness. These seizures basically alter the emotions and the things like change in smell, look, sound and taste. These also result in the involuntary jerking of the body like the legs and arms, with spontaneous sensory symptoms like the tingling and flashing of the lights.
- Complex partial seizures or the focal dyscognitive seizures. These seizures have a loss of awareness and consciousness. One might just stare blankly into space in this seizure and performs repetitive activities like swallowing, chewing, walking in circles and chewing.
There are six types of generalized seizures. These are:
- Absence seizures, also known as petit mal seizures, are commonly seen in children and are characterized by subtle body movements like lip smacking and eye blinking and staring blankly into space. These also cause loss of consciousness.
- Tonic seizures lead to stiffening of the muscles. These affect the muscles of the legs and arms and also cause to fall to the ground.
- Atonic seizures are also called as drop seizures. These cause loss of control in the muscles, thereby leading to collapse or fall.
- Clonic seizures are the rhythmic and jerking muscle movements. These affect the arms, face and neck.
- Myoclonic seizures appear as twitches in the arms and legs.
- Tonic-clonic seizures also known as grand mal seizures are very dramatic and lead to body stiffening, abrupt loss of consciousness, shaking and loss of bladder control and tongue biting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.
My brother aged 56 years suffering problem on spine and numbness on hands/legs unable to erect his penis resulting his counter part`s cursing everyday. Please advice.
What are the symptoms of migraine and moreover I used to get one- sided headache is this a serious problem regarding my health point of you?
The usual period before which surgery should be undertaken so that good final outcome can be expected is around 3 months.
so in such cases do not wait too much.