Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Manu GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 21 years old male. Recently I took full blood and urine test and seems like I have some issues. I will only list all the abnormal results I have got in the results. Please tell me if I have any immediate life threatening issue. Thanks in advance. Complete blood count. Mch:25.6 pg Mchc: 30.5 gl Lipid profile. Hdl cholesterol: 36.0 mg/DL CHOL / HDL Ratio: 3.700 Cardiac IQ. Hs C-Reactive Protein (hsCRP: 2.02 mg/l Liver function test. Bilirubin total: 1.76 mg/DL Bilirubin direct: 0.36 mg/DL Bilirubin indirect: 1.38 mg/dl Alkaline Phosphatase: 174.4 U/L Vitamin D Total - 25 Hydroxy Cholecalciferol: 22.71 ng/ml.
I have 2 stones i. E one of 5mm & other of 7 mm in size in my kidney. What is the cheapest & best treatment with adress where it can be cured.
The urinary tract starts from the kidneys to the urethra where urine is passed out. Given the rich concentration of minerals and toxic wastes, it is highly prone to multiple infections. UTI, as urinary tract infections are often referred to, is one of the most common infections. In women, especially, every 1 in 2 women is affected by an UTI. Whichever part of the tract is affected, the symptoms and treatment are mostly the same. Read on to know some of the most common symptoms and treatment options for these.
- A burning sensation with urination
- Pain with urination
- Burning sensation or pain in the urethra or vagina
- Frequent urge to urinate, though not much urine is passed out
- Sense of incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Pain in the lower back on the sides of the spine
- Change in the urine characteristics color, smell, or appearance
- Fever or chills, maybe associated with shivering, nausea and vomiting
Most urinary tract infections are bacterial in nature, and these could find their way into the body through multiple ways.
- The most common is through the urethra, which could happen due to unclean toilet habits.
- Women especially are advised to wipe the urethra after each toilet visit. The bacteria from the feces can also enter the urethra due to close proximity
- Use of unclean public toilets is another reason for UTIs
Though most often UTI does not require specific testing, the following are useful in confirming the diagnosis.
- Culture and sensitivity: The urine is sent for a culture to identify the exact organism that has caused the infection. It also helps identify the right antibiotic which will help bring the infection under control.
UTIs are very common infections and though there is nothing to worry, it should be cleared completely.
- Antibiotic course to get rid of the infection. Though you begin to feel better, the complete course should be completed to clear the infection.
- Following culture testing to ensure the infection is cleared
- Improve water intake to get rid of the toxins
- Fever and pain to be controlled with medications
- Healthy hygiene habits to ensure clearing of infection
Recurrent UTIs is a common problem, and the following can help prevent.
- Ensure complete emptying of the bladder
- Drink adequate water
- Safe toilet habits, including before and after sex
- Comfortable and clean underwear to prevent infection
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.