Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manpreet SinghYour feedback matters!
How to cure sensation in teeth ie when I eat cold stuff or very hot or very sweet, my teeth pains a lot. Please assist?
I am Having ulcer in tongue for last 15 days. Suggest some medicine. I am having habit of chewing tobacco. For last 5 days feeling less pain.
I have developed some sort of sweeling on my lower lip or can say a lip sore. Its there since 3 days. What should I do for that?
Hi I am 19 years old. My teeth color is getting yellow. What should I Do? please help me, please give me some solution plz.
I am 21 year old yellow regular brushing and used number of mouth washes and also Scaling my teeth form dental clinic but still problem not solve.
My teeth become yellowish & sometimes bad breath is also there. I brushed 2 times every day what should I do.?
Good morning Doctors! I'm 30 years of age. I have gaps between my upper teeth. I'm planning to go for braces. So my question is will the braces help to close the gaps at this age & if not, what are the alternative options? THANKS IN ADVANCE!
I am suffering from payria disease. What are the medicines should be taken or what is the remedy of it? Should I use a toothpaste that remove such disease? If yes, which one? Can the payria be removed permanently or not?
I am 27 year male. I am suffering from gum problems. I have done the treatment earlier but the particles that were placed on gums have fallen. What should I do?
I am 30 years old and my teeth is not good their is so many irritation and sensevity but can I do to solve my problem.
Hi, I had pain in last tooth due to cavity near the gum area. Dentist did temporary filling and asked to observe for 45 days after which he would do permanent filling. I still have pain sometimes in my tooth when I drink water after 3 weeks of filling. Should I go for root canal? Or can I avoid it as the pain is sometimes and goes with a pain killer. Can it have any affect on other neighbour teeth also if I don't go for root canal? this is my major concern.
I have OSMF. I can open mouth well. But my major problem is that I cannot eat chilly. I can eat spicy. Can you suggest me plz.
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.