Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ManorathYour feedback matters!
1. Do not give in to your temptation to bathe your newborn every day. Don't bathe your baby more than 3 times a week. Excessive bathing removes required oils from the baby's skin, making it prone to rashes.
2. Avoid baby products in the early months. Most of these products are very harsh on an infant's tender skin.
3. Take your newborn's hygiene very seriously. Make sure that clothes and other accessories are properly cleaned and sanitized.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Irritation on your scalp can be an embarrassing and frustrating problem, especially when you get the continuous urge to scratch your head. There can be lots of causes for an itchy scalp and it is important to identify the cause and treat it accordingly.
Some of them include:
- Seborrheic dermatitis or dandruff: The symptoms of this condition include redness, irritation and skin flakes. Seborrheic dermatitis can occur in any part of the body due to excessive growth of a fungus called malassezia and when it hits the scalp it is called dandruff. It can be a recurring problem for some, but it is treatable with prescribed shampoos and steroid creams. Cosmetic shampoos targeted to cure dandruff works too.
- Head lice: Not only children, but adults can get lice too. It is mistakenly thought that poor scalp health causes lice but actually they breed in clean hair. Small white flakes that look like dandruff are actually lice eggs that cannot be shed off easily; they need to be treated with medicated shampoos containing insecticides pyrethrin or permethrin.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an autoimmune skin disorder that can occur in any part of the body including the scalp. The symptoms are same as dandruff with raised red patches of skin. People with psoriasis are more likely to incur dandruff and itchy scalp. The exact cause of the disorder is not known, though heredity is a popular belief.
- Eczema and allergic reactions: Redness, flakes, irritation are the signs of eczema and allergic reactions. During summers with excessive perspiration the condition worsens. It usually occurs in children but adults can get eczema too. Over the counter medications helps in reducing the severity of the symptoms and gradually heal the condition.