Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manoj Padman
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj PadmanYour feedback matters!
Ayurveda is an ancient healing technique that is very effective for today's lifestyle ailments. For many people, low back ache can be troublesome. While strong pills and capsules may give you temporary relief, they do not address the core issue and have a number of side effects. Ayurveda on the other hand, addresses the trigger and has no side effects.
Intrigued! Take a look at these Ayurvedic techniques to cure low back pain:
- Cut out on spices: We may think it unrelated, but low back pain is often accompanied by indigestion. Spinal cord nerves connect to back muscles and digestive organs. Hence, a small change in your diet can have a great impact on your health. Spicy food aggravates the digestive system and has a drying effect on the body. By cutting back on spices and oil, the digestive system can work better and there will be less stress on the nerves connecting the spinal cord and back muscles and thus result in lesser back aches.
- Warm your body: According to Ayurveda, back pains are caused by an increase in vata dosha or the amount of air and ether elements in the body. Warming the body can help lower these levels. Apply a heat pack to the back as a way of keeping the external body surface warm. Additionally, add warm food to your diet. This opens out any blockages in your digestive system and in turn reduces low back pain.
- Padahastasana: Ayurveda is very closely linked to yoga. Padahastasana is a yoga asana which addresses lower back pain by opening up the digestive channels and allowing the vata dosha to flow easily through the body. To practice this asana, stand with your legs together and lift your arms straight above your head while inhaling. As you exhale, bend forward from the hips while keeping your back and legs straight. Try and touch your toes. Hold the position for as long as possible and come back to the starting position while inhaling.
- Anuloma Viloma: Anuloma Viloma is a breathing exercise that balances the vata dosha. This is a technique that involves breathing from alternate nostrils. To begin, close the right nostril with your thumb and inhale through the left nostril. Close both nostrils and hold your breath for a few seconds. Then, release through the left nostril. Repeat this process, starting from the left nostril.
- Bishop's weed seed tea: Tea made from the seeds of Bishop's weed is can provide instant pain relief from low back pains. This is suitable for men and women of all ages except those with heart problems.
The core principle of Ayurveda is to listen to your body's messages. These techniques will help you become more tuned to your body's needs and keep you free from back aches. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 25 years old male and have backache for last 2months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but I haven't got any relief. What should I do now.
Mere father ke kamar main dard hai jo ki 2 saal se hai unka ilaj bahot karaya magar dard khatam nahi ho raha h.
I'm 19 male. I have a knee inner pain. I can't seat well and it truly heart when running. I'm wearing a muscle strain to feel comfortable.
If you are experiencing joint stiffness in your hip along with pain and tenderness, you could be suffering from hip arthritis or osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis accounts for being the most common form of arthritis. It is referred to as degenerative joint disease and old-age arthritis and usually, occurs because of age-related issues. The condition occurs when injury and inflammation of a joint lead to the breakdown of the cartilage tissue, causing pain, swelling, and deformity.
How hip arthritis affects the hip joint?
People who are affected by osteoarthritis of the hip may have difficulty in walking properly. Diagnosis in the early stage is difficult as pain may occur in various locations such as the thigh, groin, knee or buttocks.
The underlying causes
The factors responsible for osteoarthritis include increasing age, joint injury and excess body weight. Some other factors may also be responsible. They are as follows:
- When the joints have formed improperly.
- In case of inherited defects in the cartilage.
- When a person puts excess stress on the hip joint because of being overweight or due to certain activities and motions.
How it can be detected?
The different symptoms of hip arthritis or osteoarthritis are as follows:
- Joint stiffness, especially after waking up in the morning.
- Joint stiffness after sitting for a long period.
- Swelling, pain, and tenderness in the hip joint.
- A crunching feeling or sound of bones rubbing against one another.
- The inability to move the hip for carrying out daily activities.
The aim of osteoarthritis treatment is to improve the patient’s ability to move about so that his regular life is less affected. The function of the hip and pain management are other targets of treatment for this condition. The different treatment plans are as follows:
- Proper joint care and rest
- Using a cane while walking for taking weight off your hip
- Losing excessive weight
- Non-drug pain relief measures for controlling pain
- Regular exercise
- Several medicines, including NSAIDS and other prescribed pain medication
- Alternative therapies
Hip replacement surgery
This is a surgical procedure used for osteoarthritis treatment when all other treatment plans fail. The damaged ball of the hip joint is replaced with a metal ball in this surgical procedure. The hip socket is resurfaced by using a plastic liner and metal shell. Apart from the mentioned treatment procedures, hip resurfacing is another surgical option for osteoarthritis treatment, which helps in giving relief when a hip replacement surgery is delayed. In this procedure, the affected hip joint surfaces are surgically removed and are replaced with metal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!