Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj MiglaniYour feedback matters!
I am 49 years old. I have shoulder pain from last 3 months. I have taken medicines prescribed by orthopedic surgeon. But till today I am not cured by shoulderpain. Sir, what to do next?
Hi, my wife is 45 year old and suffering from severe ankle pain. When she land her feet down every time she experience severe pain and once she starts walking she slowly get relief from pain ,but in beginning it is difficult for her to even land her feet on earth. Please suggest.
I have seronegative spondylitis neck and back pain no neck movement seen many doctors for this no result & esr is also high. please tell me what to do?
Sir mere right leg Ke Aree or kamar me 6 mahine se dard hai dwa khane se thik ho jata or fir se ho jata hai please Help me.
Am having stomach pain and back pain like period times I used to get. But 23rd is my menstruation date and today its 20th is that pregnancy sign? 2-3 days I had vomiting and nausea.
I am lost my leg last year I am going to clinic doctor is giving me some medicine he is telling me come after two months and tell me what you feel.
I am 20 year old male and have backache for last 2 month. I have used pain relief oinmeet cream for couple of days but have not got any relief what should I do now?
A lot of people suffer from knee pain, some hereditary, some due to injuries and some due to other reasons. Whatever be the reasons, the pain is very bothersome.
Try the following exercises regularly to get relief from knee pain.
1. Leg lifts - sit straight on a chair with your feet firmly on the ground. Lift the leg for which the knee pains, until it is parallel to the ground. Hold for a couple of seconds and bring back to the initial position. Do 10 reps every day.
2. Knee bending - sit on a chair and keep a stool of same height as the chair in front of you. Place your knee on the stool, knee slightly bent. Slowly, straighten your leg and hold in the straight position for a couple of seconds before you release. Do 10 reps.
3. Leg straightening - stand straight and place the foot on a low platform. Bend down, place both your palms on the knee and slowly push it down until your leg is straight. Push only as far as it doesn't hurt too much. Hold for a few seconds and release.
4. Stretching - sit upright. Bring your leg towards your chest by bending the knee and keeping your hand above the ankle. Push your heel towards your buttocks. Release after a couple of seconds.
5. Chair pulling - stand straight near a door keeping your feet apart (shoulder-width), in front of a chair. Hold the knob of the door and slowly, sit back on the chair. Feel the pull in the muscles and go back to previous position after 2-3 seconds. Repeat.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
My back is paining and I am feel all time so tired and I have few times headache and problem of oxygen.
Knee injury can occur from the direct blow as well as through stretching and twisting injuries. At times the ligament that holds the knee in place gets stressed and results in sprains. Depending on the extent of the ligament and fibre damage, the sprains are graded. Then there are knee injuries that are caused by overuse of it. These injuries cause harm to the tendons and the muscles. Since the knee is interconnected to a lot of other structures, any damage to the knee can have serious repercussion to other connected bones and ligaments.
What are the Risk Factors?
1. Muscle imbalance leading to hamstring spasm.
2. Imbalance of the thigh muscle leading to injury of the knee.
3. Pregnant women and people who are overweight are at increased risk of knee injury
Signs and Symptoms of a Knee Injury:
Knee injuries that are serious in nature can result in instant swelling along with difficulty in bending it. People may find it difficult to bear any sort of weight whatsoever. Joint pain, swelling, inflammation of the muscles are some of the other symptoms of injury to the knee. Pain, instability, locking of the knee can be felt while walking fast or climbing stairs.
When to Contact a Doctor?
Any knee injury should be instantly reported to a doctor. Signs such as deformity, loss of sensation, cold ankle, swelling of knee etc. are signs of a knee injury. A doctor should be consulted, if home remedies such as rest, elevation, compression and ice treatment fail to fetch any fruitful results. If the swollen area has become warm and red and accompanies fever, it is a sign to visit the doctor.
How is a Knee Injury Diagnosed by a Doctor?
A doctor starts the diagnosis with medical history along with physical exam of the patient. Doctor first does a thorough inspection of the nerve and blood supply of the area.The next step of the diagnosis includes palpation. This is a step where the doctor tries to find out the exact location of the pain and tries to correlate the same with the injury location. The doctor might also stress the ligament in order to find out if they are fine. Other imagery tests such as X-ray and MRI are performed to find out the exact location of the injury.
The nature of the injury decides the treatment plan. In many cases, the injured area is suggested to be kept at rest or moved in the specific direction as per the direction of a physiotherapist. For serious injuries with a tendon or ligament injury, a reconstructive surgery is necessary to get the knee to the original condition. The type of surgical procedure depends on the kind of Injury one have faced.