Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj KhannaYour feedback matters!
I was shaving my face after then Red Red pimple nikal raha hai Three month se me not solution this problem please help me.
I am steroid patient using a long period elocon cream for pigmentation .it's effects to my eyes it's created cataract to. Please help me.
Hi, i'm abinash and I am front office staff in tcs n my problem is my skin is not even n there is lots of spots on my face.
Have you been noticing that some parts of your skin have turned dark and dull recently? Do you have ugly blotches and spots developing on your skin that keep on worsening? These may indicate that you have been affected by a medical condition known as skin darkening. Also known as hyperpigmentation, it is commonly caused by the overproduction of a pigment known as melanin. Although skin darkening is not a harmful condition, it demoralizes an affected person.
Types of Hyperpigmentation:
There are several types of hyperpigmentation or skin darkening. They are:
- Lentigenes: This type of skin darkening refers to on the dark brown or black marks on skin surface.
- Solar Lentigenes: This type of skin darkening includes sun spots, age spots or liver spots. These are spots, which are caused due to exposure to the sun.
- Melasma: This type of skin darkening, also called as mask of pregnancy, occurs due to hormonal changes of pregnancy. Some areas of the facial skin become blotchy and pigmented.
Causes of Skin darkening:
There are several conditions, which may lead to the occurrence of skin darkening or hyperpigmentation. They include the following:
- Hereditary factors: Some inherited factors present since birth may be responsible for the change in the skin complexion and the development of patches.
- Skin disorders: Several skin disorders may cause the darkening of the skin, resulting into the formation of blotches and the skin becoming thicker.
- Vitamin deficiency: Insufficient consumption of essential vitamins such as vitamin A, E, C and B complex may result in darkening and roughening of the skin. Vitamin deprivation also makes the skin look dull. Liver disorders: Certain liver disorders are also responsible for hyperpigmentation. A dysfunctional liver may lead to darkening of the skin.
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes within our body and during pregnancy in women may also cause skin darkening.
- Exposure to UV rays: Overexposure to the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun may lead to skin tanning. This causes overproduction of melanin, which in turn results in skin darkening.
There are several ways in which you can prevent skin darkening. They include the following:
- Avoid exposing yourself directly to the rays of the sun.
- Try to apply sunscreen every time before you go out in the sun.
- You should drink plenty of water and always keep yourself hydrated.
- Try to abstain from consuming too much of spicy, oily and rich foods.
- You must intake a lot of fruits and vegetables, which are rich in vitamin A, B, C, and E.
There are many options for treating the hyperpigmentation, from skin lightening peels to lasers. A properly planned customized skin care routine and treatment options can minimize, the pigmentation on your skin dramatically.
I am losing my hair quickly. I tried many shampoo conditioner but no results found. Please help me sir. I used milk vegetable and fruits in my daily food but no result yet.
Situated in the neck, the thyroid gland plays an important role in the body– it produces hormones required for regulating growth. Through its role, the thyroid gland influences most metabolic processes in the body. Problems of the thyroid gland can range from simple conditions such as goiter (enlargement of the thyroid glands) to something as fatal as cancer. The most common thyroid problem is the abnormal production of hormones.
Overproduction of hormones by the thyroid gland results in ‘hyperthyroidism’ whereas underproduction of hormones causes ‘hypothyroidism’. It is necessary to take steps to deal with thyroid problems as their complications can be severe at times.
Ayurveda is a time honored system of medicine, the treatments of which have holistic healing properties. Ayurvedic treatments are free from side effects as they do not contain synthetic ingredients. In case of thyroid problems, Ayurvedic remedies focus on balancing the production of hormones. The various doshas in the body – kapha, vata and pitta are balanced, so as to promote overall wellbeing.
The various Ayurvedic herbs that help with addressing thyroid problems are –
Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is a very widely used herb in Ayurvedic medicine due to its numerous benefits. It has anti-oxidizing properties which calm the brain and strengthen the immune system. It helps relieve symptoms of fatigue and inability to focus, both being indicators of thyroid problems.
Bacopa: Bacopa is a herb that is extremely beneficial for the overall health of the nervous system. It helps you focus better while boosting memory capacity. It also helps in controlling and reducing inflammation.
Black Walnut: Black walnut is rich in magnesium that helps in proper functioning of the thyroid gland, a deficiency of which causes thyroid problems.
Bugleweed: A herb that is effective in treating cold and cough, bugleweed also has beneficial effects on the thyroid gland. It is often used as a sedative or an astringent.
Coleus: Coleus is a herb that is rich in anti-oxidants, which help in minimizing free radical damage in the body. It helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland and also helps in the treatment of certain cardiovascular disorders.
Echinacea: A herb that strengthens the immune system of the body, Echinacea plays a vital role in preventing thyroid problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.