Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manoj Gupta
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj GuptaYour feedback matters!
Is agoraphobia is diagnosable? How can I conquer that things which doesn't exist in front of my eyes? Fear of ritual activates and sprouts are common now a days for me.
What is vaginal dryness and how can it affect you?
Vaginal dryness is often a result of menopause and it is capable of affecting women of any age. Although it feels like a minor irritation, it can have a huge impact on a person's sex life. Normally, the vaginal walls are lubricated with a layer of clear fluid. The 'oestrogen' hormone is used to maintain this thin layer of fluid, thus keeping the vaginal lining thick, elastic and healthy. However, menopause brings about a condition known as vaginal atrophy, which is a drop in the levels of oestrogen and this greatly reduces the level of vaginal moisture that is available. Improper lubrication of the vagina can result in painful sex which in turn affects libido, arousal and desire.
Treatment: The most common treatment for this condition resulting from low levels of oestrogen is Topical oestrogen therapy. In this, hormones which are no longer secreted by the body are replaced by the topical oestrogen. Even though Topical Oestrogen Therapy is helpful in relieving the symptoms of vaginal dryness, the treatment pales in comparison to oral oestrogen hormone therapy (HT).
Usually, women mostly use one of the three types of vaginal oestrogen listed below:
- Vaginal oestrogen tablet: A tablet is inserted into the vagina using a disposable applicator. The procedure is carried out once daily during the initial two weeks of treatment, after which it can be inserted twice a week.
- Vaginal oestrogen ring: A soft and flexible ring is inserted inside the vagina, either by the patient or the doctor. Oestrogen, in the form of a steady stream, is then released directly to the vaginal tissues by this ring. Replacement of this ring is done every three months.
- Vaginal oestrogen cream: An applicator is used to apply cream to the vagina daily. The frequency of application can be reduced as per doctor's advice.
Side effects and aftercare: Side effects such as breast pain and vaginal bleeding are common when any form of oestrogen product is used. Vaginal moisturisers should be used to keep the vagina lubricated. Use of water-based lubricants during sex can make it more enjoyable. Use of bubble baths, scented soaps, douches and lotions around the sensitive area of the vagina should be avoided as these products can worsen the problem.
I have facial hair growth, but my ultrasound scan of uterus show PCOD is not there. I have dark lining of hair on leg. Which hormones are imbalanced?
Dear Sir, When I am going to toilet, blood is coming with stool as well as after stool like drops and I feel that there in some part has cutted and I am feeling like burning there. So what to do for that.
I am 21 years old. And m not getting periods since 3 months. Ek Baar aur Aisa hua tha. Then Dr. ne muje primolut n prescribe Kiya tha. Uske Baad se every 2 months period hota h. But dis time 3 months ho Gaye. please tell me something any medicine or home remedy.
Chronic kidney disease or CKD is the decreased function of the function of the kidney for a minimum of three months or more. In this the end stage renal disease usually refers to the end of the kidney function where the kidneys work for less than 15% of what they are supposed to. The kidneys play a vital role in the human body and if they do not function properly then a person can die. The functioning of many organs depends on the kidneys. However, the main function of the kidneys is to remove the products and regulate blood and water, control blood pressure, promote healthy and strong bones, and produce hormones.
Here are 5 facts about kidney disease you should know about:
1. Causes of the kidney disease: There are two main common causes of the end-stage kidney disease. These are preventable causes. These are diabetes and high blood pressure, but then kidney disease can be caused by other inherited diseases such as infection, trauma or polycystic kidney disease.
2. Serious Stages: The kidney disease has five stages and stage 5 is known as the end stage renal disease; this is the point where patients usually need dialysis or kidney transplant to lead a sane life. The stages of kidney disease are:
Stage 1 – Slight kidney disease
Stage 2 – Mild decrease in kidney function
Stage 3 – Moderate decrease in kidney function
Stage 4 – Severe decrease in kidney function
Stage 5 – End stage renal disease
3. Detection of the disease: Kidney disease is usually difficult to detect because of the presence of very few symptoms. Age, gender along with the blood test is one way to determine information regarding kidney function. The people who are at a risk of getting kidney disease are:
- Over the age of 55 years
- People who suffer from hypertension and diabetes
- Ethnic groups such as Asians, Africans, Americans, Pacific Islanders and Hispanics
4. Signs and Symptoms: CKD is usually considered to be a silent disease and many people don’t know that they are suffering from the disease. The signs and symptoms of the disease are:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite
- Numbness and headaches in hand and feet
- Frequent urination
5. Renal Replacement Treatment: This is the treatment for the end stage of the kidney disease. Dialysis involves the replacement of some part of the lost function of the kidneys and is usually continued throughout life. There are 2 types of dialysis:
- Hemodialysis: This cleans the blood via an artificial kidney which is hooked to the machine
- Peritoneal Dialysis: This removes the excess water and waste products and cleans the blood of the body by using the peritoneal cavity as a filter.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.