Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manjulika RohatgiYour feedback matters!
I wanted to check my girl is virgin or not who is identify here she is virgin or not. There is any test for it?
I am 32 years old, planning my pregnancy. I have a 26 to 28 days menstruation cycle and last month I got my periods on my 35th day. I thought I was pregnant but I had been to a party and had indigestion after which I started to vomit. As my vomiting started, my periods also started. Is it that I had miscarriage? After my periods that is after 5 days, on my 7th day I had intercourse and and today is the 11th day of my cycle, I am feeling mild pain in my lower abdomen mainly towards the right side. I am also feeling breathlessness and a feeling of discomfort. What is it? Is it a concern?
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 24 december and next day 25december she got the period. What should I do now. Worry about getting pregnant.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I am 24 years old. I often feel urination after every 20 minutes even in night I wake up three times. I have no any kind of other health problem. I also tested the routine urination examination.
I and my gf had a sex on 22 jan his last period finish on 22 or 23, dec there is any chance to got pregnant. Reply fast.
Is it possible to get pregnant without having intercourse, by touching the vagina with the hand of pre cum (fingering). I didn't got my periods and having stress in my stomach. And I am virgin?
The famous adage “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” has given apples a lot of popularity. If you are visiting someone who is ill, the safest fruit to take would be apples. It is also one of the first foods to be given to an infant. It is also known for its soothing effect on the stomach. Be it weight watchers or recovering patients, apple is what everybody reaches out to.
People, however, have developed a misconception that the peel of the apple contains chemicals and should be peeled off before consumption. Not many realize that the maximum benefits of an apple are realized only when it is eaten with the peel.
Read on to know more about eating a whole apple versus a peeled one.
- Fiber: If fruits are known for their fiber, then peeling the apple takes away more than half the fiber content from it. An apple with peel gives about 4 g of fiber, while without it gives about 1.5 to 2 g. That is almost 50%, which definitely is not worth throwing out.
- Vitamins and minerals: Apples are considered good sources of potassium and vitamins like C and A. Same as fiber, more than half the benefits are lost if the peel is removed. Since potassium goes a long way in keeping the heart healthy, wouldn't it be great to reap those benefits?
- Cancer-fighting agent: Apples contain triterpenoids, which are believed to either kill or control the growth of cancer cells. These again are concentrated in the peel, and peeling an apple takes away this benefit.
- Fat burner: The skin of the apple contains ursolic acid, which helps in fighting obesity by burning more fat, and peeling it takes away the fat-burning benefits of an apple. This also helps in improving sugar and glucose levels and also aids weight loss.
- Antioxidants: Apples contain a compound called quercetin which helps in controlling memory loss and dementia. This again is concentrated in the skin, which should, therefore, be retained. The bioactive substances including polyphenols and pectins are also lost when the peel is removed.
- Eases breathing: The same quercetin also helps in easing breathing and improves lung function. This is especially important in people who have chronic lung issues like asthma.
One point of contention here is that most people peel the apple as it is not healthy and full of wax coating which gives it a fresh look. Organic apples are therefore preferred compared to the glossy ones. Further, you can dip your fruits in drinking water for 15-20 minutes to enjoy it without worrying about superficial add-on chemicals. When nicely washed, these apples are devoid of wax and also pack in all the required nutrients.
Quick tip for festivals
Try to have a fruit smoothie made especially from unpeeled apple with little curd water and honey, avoid banana. It is a perfect way to boost your energy during festivities while keeping your calories in check. So, go ahead and eat them to your heart’s content. Remember to keep the peel on though! If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
My gf had sex with me on 29 december and I was in doubt that sperm is conceived or not so I gave her ipill within 24 hrs and then on 5 jan she got minute bleeding and now her periods starts on 27 jan nd till now it is not started and 29 dec was 6 day of her periods cycle. So please doctor help me.
Me 6 month running pregnant hu ek month phle mere cervix me gap aa jane se Dr. ne usme stiches lagaye the aaj mujhe thodi blood spotting ho rahi h, Dr. ko bataya to Dr. ne kaha k membranes leakage ho raha h, baby k movement bararab aa rahe h, isse mere baby ko koi nuksaan to nhi hoga na pls help me, or mujhe kya care krni hogi ab. Plss help.
Are you experiencing high blood pressure or hypertension during pregnancy? Hypertension is a condition in which your blood pressure levels shoot up to a level, which may cause damage to the body. In case of pregnant women, hypertension may inflict damage on both the mother and the growing baby. You require a special care for dealing with hypertension during pregnancy, irrespective of the fact whether it develops before or after conception. Here are some important facts you ought to know about hypertension and pregnancy.
There are different types of high blood pressure issues caused during pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: Women with this form of hypertension have high blood pressure, which develops around 20 weeks of pregnancy. There is no sign of organ damage or the presence of protein in urine. Many women with gestational hypertension develop preeclampsia eventually.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is the high blood pressure condition which is present before pregnancy or it may occur before 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is hard to determine high blood pressure as it does not have prominent symptoms.
- Chronic hypertension with superimposed preeclampsia: This condition is likely in women with chronic blood pressure being present from before pregnancy. During pregnancy, women with this condition develop worsened high blood pressure and protein content in the urine. Other health complications are also indicated.
- Preeclampsia: This is a pregnancy complication featured by high blood pressure along with signs of damage to other organs of the body. This happens from chronic high blood pressure and gestational hypertension. It usually sets in within 20 weeks of pregnancy. If untreated, preeclampsia can lead to several serious complications to the mother and the baby.
Risks of high blood pressure during pregnancy
High pressure during pregnancy is associated with several risks. They are as follows:
- Decreased flow of blood to the placenta: When the placenta does not receive sufficient blood, your baby will be deprived of enough oxygen and nutrients. This might cause slow growth, premature birth or low birth weight in your baby. Prematurity also causes breathing trouble in the baby.
- Placental abruption: Preeclampsia increases the risk of placental abruption, where the placenta gets separated from the inner uterine wall before delivery. Severe cases of placental abruption lead to placenta damage and heavy bleeding.
- Premature delivery: In some cases, early delivery of the baby has to be carried out for preventing some life threatening conditions.
For reducing the risk of complications caused by hypertension during pregnancy, it is important for you to visit your doctor regularly throughout pregnancy. You should take blood pressure medicines prescribed by a doctor in the most suitable dosage. You should also stay active, follow a healthy low sodium diet and keep away from smoking, alcohol and substance abuse.
Hi sir my wife is pregnant she has third trimester 30 weeks can give antioxidant &multivitamin, multi mineral, green tea extract with omega three fatty acid (brand-uvtal) can noteneous 2 month.
Sedentary lifestyles have taken a toll our health, impacting the stamina of our body. Whether you are an athlete or a regular person who requires building physical and mental stamina in order to easily perform daily tasks, try these 5 highly effective ways to do so.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking adequate quantity of water goes a long way in maintaining a good stamina level and also building it gradually. Water also helps fight muscle fatigue and you can also combine its consumption with certain sports drinks such as gatorade.
- Maintain a stable sleep schedule: Chronic sleep disorders have been known to lead to troublesome issues such as rapid weight gain and high blood pressure. It is very essential to get sound sleep for an adequate time period on a daily basis in order to keep your body fresh and increase stamina.
- Follow a strict exercise regime: Exercise is the best way to help your body build up stamina and increase energy levels. People who exercise on a regular basis are likely to develop an improved endurance level and stamina. Also, these people have lower fatigue levels. Try and work out for at least half an hour every day.
- Maintain a healthy diet: Food products rich in nutrients are bound to give a credible stamina boost to your body. Include foods in your diet that are rich sources of carbohydrates and starches, such as vegetables, fruits and lean meats. Also, eat small meals and consume them throughout the day.
- Keep a positive attitude: A positive attitude helps a lot in keeping your brain cells energetic and excited. Try and focus on the work at hand and complete it in the best way possible. A healthy mind is bound to keep you feeling good and healthy, thus boosting your mental stamina.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.