Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manju MittalYour feedback matters!
My friend is having irregularities in her periods. She has consulted doctors before, and taken medicines for it, but there is no result. Is it a serious problem? Will it affect her during her pregnancy?
I have a growth on the tip of my pubic .is it dangerous my doc told me to. Operate it but its no pain .and pep teat shows no negative results. please advise is there any oral therapy.
Hello Madam, My wife didn't had regular periods since Feb 2014, we were married in July 2014 following which she consulted a local gynecologist who citing weakness recommended a tonic for regular periods. She had proper period till she stopped taking he tonic. Following which we consulted another doctor who suggested us to work towards becoming parents and gave ovulation injection in Feb 2016. But to her surprise the egg didn't burst bu gradually reduced in size, following which she stopped treatment and gave medicine for normal periods. During this period, we also consulted patanjali ayurvedic doctor who gave few Ayurveda medicines for normalizing period and create healthy eggs. But in september, my wife suffered heavy periods for a period of almost 20 days (we consulted doctor in between who gave medicine to stop bleeding, after which we went to govt hospital where USG was conducted and doctor informed us about PCOS and a big lump in right ovary. Doctor gave a course of overall-G for 3-months and few pain killers which stopped bleeding and regularized the periods. After 3 months USG showed that the multiple small cysts were gone but a large lump (size 60mmx54mmx62 mm) on right ovary was still their. An ultrasound conducted in Feb 16 suggested a slightly large right ovary (18 mm.) but radiologist said it is normal. Few days back we visited bansal Hospital, bhopal where sexologist and doctor diagnosed a lump in right ovary, but were unable to decide whether it is a cyst or some neoplastic? What should we do now? What is the best way to diagnose the nature of this lump in right ovary?
From last 9 months I am suffering from a problem I didn't get my periods for six months and after this they start and don't stop yet in between I start taking ayurvedic medicine due to which they stop for a week but again start m fed up what to do there is no problem in my uterus.
Fruits are the best option for anyone who wants to stay heart healthy. Here are some reasons why you should choose fresh fruits for snack time:
• They are packed with natural sugar which helps elevate energy levels and keeps you active.• The fiber content in fruits is high and hence you feel full and lose excessive weight too.
• They are packed with vitamins c, d, k, a and e; all are great for overall health
• Eating fruits reduces the risk of heart disease, cancer, and many other illnesses.
• You will look and feel younger with a diet rich in fruits
Consume fruits like strawberries, cherries, apples, pears, grapefruits, apricots, peaches, mangoes, bananas, grapes, watermelon and muskmelon.
Sir mujhe pcod h both ovaries m or abhi mere dwai chal rahi h kab theek honge pregnancy m koi problem to nhi hogi or mujhe hair growth bhi bhuat h body m sir please mujhe jaldi theek hona h.
Dear Mam/Sir, I am 30 Years Old and had one baby of 8 year. My Problem is that I am having one day period with less bleeding. Any thing wrong for next conceiving. Please Suggest.
What is stress?
There are situations in life when a person is required to perform beyond his/her normal capacity, or situations when some expectations are not met. This creates anxiety, fear and anger. This is a situation where a person feels inadequate, under-confident and experiences loss of control. This affects a person's physical and mental wellbeing. This feeling of fear, anxiety, restlessness is commonly known as "tension or stress".
Symptoms of Stress :
- Anger and Aggression: While under stress a person starts doubting his/her own capacity and efficiency because he/she feels inadequate or incapable of performing certain tasks. This creates a lot of anger or frustration and sometime, may result into aggressive behaviour.
- Irritability: Under stress people get irritated for no reason. There is loss of patience, loss of sense of humour.
- Sleep Disorders: A person under stress may not be able to sleep at all or in some cases sleep excessively.
- Eating Disorders: A person under stress may lose appetite or in some cases, tend to overeat resulting in harmful effects on body.
- Anxiety: Stress may cause a lot of anxiety and restlessness. The person under stress may not to able to concentrate and unable to focus on any activity, making things more complicated.
- Depression: In a few cases a person under a lot of stress may go into depression.
- High BP: Body and mind are closely connected. Hence stress in mind creates stress in the body and under stress, blood pressure may rise.
- High Sugar Level: Stress may increase the blood sugar levels.
- Headache or Unexplained Body Pains: Stress may cause headache or body aches in different parts of the body, without any physical reason for it.
Sometimes, there may not be any symptoms for stress but the trauma manifests in the form to heart attack, Stroke etc.
What causes stress ?
- Relationship Issues - Conflicts in relationships is a major cause of stress.
- Life style - Working for long hours, sedentary life style, unhealthy food habits, along with insatiable urge for money causes a lot of stress.
- High expectations from oneself and from others - The peer pressure, the pressure of constant deadlines builds up a huge stress. When a person has very high expectations from himself/herself without corresponding efforts, there is a fear of failure which causes lot of tension. At the same time, having unrealistic expectations from others also is a definite reason for disappointments, resulting in stress.
- Physical and Emotional Abuse - When a person is physically or emotionally abused and unable to defend himself/herself for various reasons, it causes frustration. This results in anger and stress.
- Competition - Unhealthy competitions with others create a feeling of inadequency and result in lower self esteem and sadness, thereby causing stress.
- Health Issues - Chronic and serious health issues cause lot of tension.
- Suppressed Emotions - Lack of freedom to express own emotions and feelings, amounts to stress.
- Lack of Assertiveness - Inability to say "No", when wanting to say so, inability to fight for one's own rights, causes tension and anger.
- Boredom - Lack of creative/interesting occupation may cause stress especially in old people or people with physical disabilities.
- Low self esteem, feeling hopeless and helpless - If a person has low self esteem and does not value oneself, it causes lots of negativity and stress.
Why stress management is important?
Body and mind affect each other's functioning. When the mind is stressed out, it gets reflected in the body in the form of high blood pressure, high sugar levels, indigestion, acidity, heartburn, ulcers, skin rashes, headache, nausea, cancer, eating disorders, psychosomatic pains etc. It may trigger asthma, migraine etc.
Because of these harmful effects of stress, the body's capacity to function reduces. At times, it may cause serious threat to one's life. Hence, it is very important to learn to relieve and also to manage stress, in order to have a long and healthy life.
There are a number of ways to relieve stress:
- Sleep, take rest, relax.
- Take a break from daily routine, do something different, take a short vacation.
- Go for a walk/jog/run/cycling. Practice Yoga, meditation, deep muscle relaxation, etc.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Play with children.
- Spend time with pets.
- Pursue a hobby like reading, gardening, painting, music, dance, singing, cooking, etc.
- Recreation - Watch a movie, play, picnic, go for a drive or shopping.
- Pamper yourself with beauty treatments, massage, or your favourite food/drinks.
How to manage Stress?
Stress is inevitable part of life now. Right from a kid going to Pre-Nursery school to senior citizens staying alone at homes and having severe health problems; all are under lot of stress. No one can avoid stress. But there are certain ways to manage your stress-
- Self-awareness. Learn more about your own self. Understand what induces stress in you, what tasks are difficult for you, what situations are difficult for you and then try to figure out the reasons why it is so. Try to resolve or modify your thoughts and attitude.
- Identify stressors and explore options. Once you identify what is causing your stress, try to find more options to resolve your issues.
- Reasonable Expectations and Feasible Goals. Have reasonable expectations from yourself and from others. Have goals which are possible for you to achieve.
- Learn assertive techniques. Learn to express your feelings, learn to fight for your own rights, understand and respect other's rights.
Try to minimise stress in life and lead a happy healthy life.
ज्वार के फ़ायदे और औषधीय गुण
ज्वार एक मोटा अनाज है। ज्वार का रंग पीला, भूरा लाल व सफेद होता है। ज्वार कई सारे पोषक तत्व और फ़ाइबर से भरपूर होता है। इसीलिए इसके सेवन से वज़न घटाने में बहुत मदद मिलती है। अधिकतर लोग ज्वार को पीसकर उसका आटा बनवाते हैं। ज्वार का आटा प्रोटीन का एक अच्छा स्रोत है। जो हृदय और मधुमेह रोगियों के लिए फ़ायदेमंद है। ज्वार के फ़ायदे बवासीर और घावों को भरने में भी कारगर हैं। गर्मियों में इसका सेवन शीतलता प्रदान करता है। तो ज्वार और ज्वार की रोटी को अपने भोजन में ज़रूर शामिल करें।
ज्वार के फ़ायदे
1. पोषक तत्व
ज्वार में मिनरल, प्रोटीन, फ़ाइबर, पोटैशियम, फास्फोरस, कैल्शियम, आयरन और विटमिन बी कॉम्प्लेक्स जैसे कई पोषक तत्व पाए जाते हैं।
2. दांतों की ख़ास देखभाल के लिए
दांतों की ख़ास देखभाल के लिए ज्वार के दानों का राख बनाकर मंजन करें। इस मंजन को करने से दांत का दर्द बंद हो जाता है तथा मसूढ़ों की सूजन भी समाप्त हो जाती है।
3. वज़न घटाने में मदद करें
ज्वार में बहुत सारा फ़ाइबर पाया जाता है। इसलिए इसे अपने भोजन में ज़रूर शामिल करें। इसे खाने से आपका वज़न नही बढ़ता है और आप मोटापे से भी बचे रहते हैं।
4. कब्ज़ को दूर करें
अगर आपको कब्ज़ की समस्या है तो आज से ही आप अपने खाने में ज्वार की रोटी को शामिल करें। इसे खाने से आपको कब्ज़ की समस्या से निजात मिलता है।
5. शरीर की जलन को दूर करें
अगर शरीर में जलन हो रही हो तो ज्वार का आटा पानी में घोल लें और फिर इस घोल का लेप शरीर पर लगा लें। इससे जलन धीरे धीरे कम हो जाती है।
6. कील व मुहांसों को दूर करें
अक्सर लोग कील मुहांसों को लेकर बहुत परेशान हो जाते हैं। क्योंकि कील मुहांसों के कारण ख़ूबसूरती भी कुछ फ़ीकी पड़ जाती है। तो कील मुहांसों को दूर करने के लिए इस घरेलू उपाय को ज़रूर करें।
घरेलू उपाय – ज्वार के कच्चे दाने पीसकर उसमें थोड़ा कत्था व चूना मिलाकर कील व मुहांसों पर लगाए, इससे कील मुहांसे गायब हो जाएंगे।
7. पेट की जलन शांत करें
भुनी ज्वार बताशे के साथ खाने से पेट की जलन शांत हो जाती है।
8. मासिक धर्म के विकार को दूर करें
मासिक धर्म के दर्द या कोई अन्य समस्याओं में ज्वार के फ़ायदे होते हैं। ज्वार के भुट्टे को जलाकर छान लें। इस राख को 3 ग्राम मात्रा में लेकर पानी के साथ सुबह के समय खाली पेट सेवन करें। इस उपाय को मासिक-धर्म शुरू होने से लगभग एक सप्ताह पहले करें और जब मासिक-धर्म शुरू हो जाए तो इसका सेवन बन्द कर दें। इससे मासिक धर्म के सभी विकार नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
9. प्यास अधिक लगने पर
अगर प्यास अधिक सताए तो गरमागरम ज्वार की रोटी बनाएं और इस रोटी को छाछ में भिगोकर खाने से प्यास कम लगती है।
ज्वार की रोटी कमज़ोर और वात पित्त के रोगी को न दें और अगर ज्वार की रोटी थोड़ी खाने को दे तो ज्वार के संग गुलकन्द मिलाकर दें। गुलकंद मिलाकर ज्वार की रोटी का सेवन करने से ज्वार के दोष दूर हो जाते हैं।
I'm mother of a 6 month old baby. On breast feeding. Since 2 days I have vaginal itching and white colour odourless discharge. Last year I had the same problem and doc told its yeast infection. I took oral fluconazole tablet. Since I'm breast feeding is it safe for me to take oral fluconazole? If not please suggest me some other remedies.
Last month I and my wife had intercourse and within 24 hours she took ipill and she got her 1day period week before her date. Is it ok? Now she is delayed for her next month period. Is anything wrong? If yes than please tell me and what should I do in such case.
Hi. I had protected intercourse with my wife using a condom on 1st October. Generally my wife menstruate first week of every month. There is always a preponed menstruation. This time it's been delayed. Do we need to do a urine test now or wait for some more days. She's having papaya every day. Please help.
Hello Dr. I'm 28 years old married since 5 years. Had a misc in the first year and conceived this month and again had a miscarriage. Please help or suggest.
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: It’s wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine, as it can adversely affect the baby’s heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. So anything that contains caffeine must be avoided at all costs.
2. Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby’s rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby’s chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self meditation.
3. Heavy exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to foetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother’s joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long.
4. Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
5. Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi Sir, My girlfriend has taken about 8 ipill last 1 year. Now periods every month only 1 day coming. Before using ipill normally 5-6 day periods time, but now only 1 day in Every month. But we got into such situations. Can you please answer this. Is this any problem for that. Pls answer me.
It has been observed that many patients while asking a suitable solution for their problem don't present it in the way it should be. It can be incomplete history of their illness/ problem or wrongly framed questions. What happens?
1) You dont get the right answers.
2) You get confused when you get multiple diagnosis and quadruple treatment options.
3) You doubt about our abilities and instead of considering our efforts to answer your incomplete questions, you make a move of down voting us.
How to overcome this to take the best from lybrate -
1) Since you are not providing a clinical picture/ a radiograph of your problem, it is difficult to put in words exactly how it looks. So you can briefly tell us about duration since it was first observed, site, size, shape, color, hard or soft consistency and associated pain, discharge, swelling and/or fever.
In case of oral problems you must add about your tobacco associated habit if any, alcoholism and other medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, thyroid related etc.
2) Once we get your exact problem, your chances of getting the right answers from the experts in the particular field increases many folds.
3) It will avoid the differences in opinions among different specialists.
4) Almost always you will be confident about your real visits to a doctor.