Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Manju KhemaniYour feedback matters!
I have irregular period, I have pcos, how I calculate my ovulation date? If my cycle within 40 to 45 day when I ovolute?
In am 35 years Female. I had Chicken pox in 7 th week of pregnancy what are its implication for the baby during pregnancy. should I go for abortion. Kindly suggest.
Hi, I am 35 year old woman having problem of water retention, swelling and very sensitive skin of face at the time of menstruation and last for 15 days from last 5 months. I have gained almost 11 kg in these 5 months. Please suggest what should I do? one more thing I have copper t inserted in november 2014.
My mother in law is detected with lump on her left breast in mammogram and advised biopsy but the doctor is saying that if biopsy is done it needs to be operated within 48 hrs as it will disturb the tumor and the infection may spread. But I have doubt on what the doctor says. Pls advice.
Hi i'm 28 years now missed my periods frm 1 months did upt test and prgency kit test lite line appears its week positive in reports .i wanted to knw its confirm pregnancy and shd I do nxt step and tkcare of it .doctor told she will start treatment .iwll I be present with health baby pls help me.
Vaginal discharge is a normal physiological phenomenon, in which the consistency of vaginal discharge varies throughout the cycle. Healthy vaginal discharge is clear or white in colour, with normal and non-offensive odour. Sometimes right before menstruation, your vaginal discharge may hold a brownish tinge.
The consistency of the discharge varies mostly on the hormonal changes in the body. When the levels of oestrogen are low, the cervical mucus that is liberated as discharge may be perceived as sticky and thick. When the oestrogen levels rise up, the discharge becomes wetter, more stretchy and clearer. Also, after ovulation, the consistency becomes thicker again.
When should you worry about the vaginal discharge?
Greenish, greyish or absurdly brownish in colour
When the discharge appears thicker than normal
When the discharge is more than normal
When it smells absurd like fishy or rotten meat like smell
Pus like discharge
White with cottage cheese like discharge
When the discharge is associated with bloody discharge and burning sensation, rash or soreness.
Diseases caused by vaginal discharge
Yeast Infection: The vaginal discharge is cottage cheese like and may be associated with itching of the vulva. This is also called as thrush. It can be treated easily with antifungal medications such as Fluconazole or Cotrimoxazole.
Vaginitis: Yellowish offensive discharge, which may be profuse, associated with itching and abdominal pain.
Trichomoniasis: This disease is asymptomatic in most cases and you may notice purulent discharge. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi, I am male 26 years old, newly married, want to ask what if my wife conceive and I get to know this but I don't want to have baby then what would be the procedure to drop baby.
Hi My wife is she is 24 years old. Now she is conceived and fifth month has started. She is very oftenly taking vomit immediately taking meals. We had consulted with doctor but they are telling it is normal and every time they use trips. Two days aftet she took trips she will be good. But after that vomit starts and continuous. Please advise me to stop over vomiting.
My sister married since 7 years back, still she is not getting pregnant, since her menstrual cycle was so irregular like 5months late it will come, by this way she is not getting pregnant?
It’s true that physical activities and sports can do wonders for your health. But, they can also be dangerous for your health, when it comes to injuries. While on one hand exercise provides you relief from stress, it can leave you with different kinds of injuries. However, there is no need to worry as these injuries are treatable. They can be treated by physical therapies. Here are some of the common injuries that can be cured by physical therapy:
- Ligament tearing and damage of tendons: This condition is very painful. It occurs due to any accident, trauma or serious injury at the time of exercising or sports activity. Sometimes, it is required to undertake a surgery in order to fix up the tendons or ligaments. However, physical therapy can treat this condition.
- Tendinitis: It is a common condition. It is nothing but the inflammation of the tissues around muscles and bones. This usually occurs in the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, or ankle.
- Fractures: This is a very common type of injury. Be it skiing or walking, you can anytime meet with an accident and develop fractures. Physical therapy is first applied to give back the strength of the muscles in the affected part.
- Arthritis: It is a common problem in athletes. It occurs due to repetitive motion, such as swinging a racket. It is similar to other conditions in which there are a muscle tear or sprain. These can be treated by physical therapy.
- Dislocations: This is a condition in which the bones move out of their positions. It might occur due to a sudden fall or blow during any physical activity.
- Low Back Pain: It is a common problem for ageing people. It can be mild to severe. If you are having a low back pain for more than six months, you must consult a doctor immediately. Frequent sessions of physical therapy are advised for over a prolonged period to get rid of the pain.
Physical therapy is not just to heal your injury. There are clinics which now offer preventive evaluations. These are done to determine the muscle weakness in your body. If the therapist finds any problem in the body, he tried to strengthen the muscle in the area to avoid chances of meeting accidents or falling prone to injuries.
3 Tips to choose a physical therapist
- Be sporty: Choose a clinic that offers treatment to athletes and is not for regular patients.
- Look for certifications: Find out whether the clinic is certified to meet your requirements. Check whether they have a sports certified specialist (SCS) or an orthopaedic clinical specialist (OCS)
- Do background check: Ask others to get feedback on the clinic. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
The news of pregnancy can be one of the best news in a couple’s lifetime. However, where this news does not arrive, it can turn very stressful. Whatever the reasons, if a couple has been trying to have a baby and are not able to, it can be very strenuous. However, statistics reveal that most couples take four to six months to conceive. Some couples even take up to two years.
Lifestyles are changing and there are a lot of factors, which determine the ability of a couple to conceive. There could be issues with either of the couple, and sometimes it might not even be an actual issue, but only psychological barriers hampering the health of the relationship.
Some common conditions that can contribute to the couple not conceiving include endometriosis, ovarian issues, polycystic ovaries, hormonal imbalances, medical illnesses, etc. A few common remedies can be tried first, before reaching out for professional help.
- Using lubricants without spermicide topical agents may be used, but some of them could contain chemicals, which are spermicides and reduce the sperm count. This needs to be ruled out before investigating the cause for infertility.
- Vitamin B6 helps in the luteal phase, which is from the time of ovulation to menstruation. Zinc also plays a vital role in pregnancy and conception, and so it is advisable to take these supplements when trying to get pregnant.
- Weight management, quit smoking, improved hydration, general detoxification, dietary changes, adequate hours of sleep are some changes that can immensely benefit.
- An ovulation predictor kit and trying to conceive around that time also increases chances of conception.
- For a woman who is 35 years or younger, conception should happen in about four to six months’ time. If not, it is time to see a doctor to see what is preventing pregnancy.
Some of the other conditions, which would require a visit to the doctor are as follows:
- Consumption of regular asthma medications
- Diabetic patients
- Epilepsy patients
- Chronic smoker
- Underweight or overweight women
- Diagnosed endometriosis
- History of polycystic ovaries
- History of irregular periods or other menstrual disorders
- History of thyroid disease, especially hypothyroidism, which is one of the main contributing reasons for infertility. Quite often, treating the thyroid levels can lead to pregnancy
- History of sexually transmitted disease like chlamydia
- History of sexual hormonal imbalance
- History of prolonged use of birth control pills
If there is no underlying medical issue, it will happen, don’t be anxious. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.