Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manju Khemani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manju KhemaniYour feedback matters!
Good evening. I am 25 years old. I am suffering from the problem of irregular periods from last few months. The menstruation cycle creates a gap of two to three months. I am very much worried about this problem. Kindly suggest some proper medicine regarding the same.
My wife is seven weeks pregnant. She is 31 plus years old. This is her 2nd pregnancy. During her 1st pregnancy last year, she suffered from Dengue at around 38th week of her pregnancy and for one week of constant fight, due to very low platelet count, we lost our child, as my wife gave birth to our baby girl whose heart beat stopped (stillborn. Now, coming to the present scenario, we visited gain a few days back and he suggested the following medicines: Fol xt, Cobadex CZS, Ecosprin 75 and Susten 300. My wife is taking the first two medicines after breakfast, ecosprin after lunch and susten 300 (orally) after dinner. Please advice as to whether the prescribed medicines and the time at which she is taking are ok or not? As we lost our first child, we are a bit worried this time. Hopefully you understand! Will be eagerly waiting for your feedback.
Had an unprotected sex on 1st day of period for the first time. Unsure if we had penetration or not. Can I b pregnant? How to check? It's been 3 weeks now. This week getting white discharge alot. Please help. Thanks.
My last monthly period was on February10, 2015. Can I stop pregnancy by oral medicines now? If i am pregnant for how many days can i elongate it? Within how many days do oral medicines work for birth control?
Genital sores usually spread through infection that has occurred during sexual contact. These are red and itchy and cause immense pain. There may also be bleeding if rubbed or scratched. This is usually a form of sexually transmitted infection which can be caused due to dermatitis or other allergies. Genital herpes and syphilis as well as bacterial diseases like chancroid can also cause the occurrence of this condition.
- Medication: The general physician or gynaecologist can prescribe a number of drugs that can help in treating this ailment. To begin with, you may have to ingest oral antibiotics or antiviral medication that can ensure that the bacteria do not get a chance to fester, grow and spread. Corticosteroids can also be prescribed for particularly severe cases. Pain relievers can help in soothing the area and the blisters in the genitals, while anti itching drugs like hydrocortisone can ensure that you do not scratch the area which can also lead to bleeding.
- Surgical Removal: A particularly troublesome bout or sores can be removed with the help of non-invasive and surgical procedures depending on the severity of the situation. You may be required to go under medical observation for a few hours or days after the procedure to ensure that there are no complications or further cases of infection.
- Intermittent Treatment: After the initial treatment where you will most likely go through a week long course of antiviral medication, or three weeks of antibiotic therapy, you may have to go through antiviral therapy every now and then. This is especially recommended if yours is a recurring case. Doctors usually recommend the ingestion of pills for two or three days as soon as you start to experience the painful symptoms and eruptions.
- Suppressive Treatment: Very frequent outbreaks can make the doctors prescribe an antiviral pill a day, which will basically act towards suppressing an attack. This kind of treatment is especially helpful if you have had more than six outbreaks in a span of twelve months. This can bring down the risk of outbreaks by about 80%, as per medical studies. This can also reduce the risk of passing on the infection to a partner. If you are taking this kind of treatment, you should see your doctor at least once or twice a year too.
Taking home remedies like a warm compress or sitting in a warm tub of water with a few drops of antibacterial can also help. But you must see a doctor before treating these sores at home. You can also prevent the same by practicing safe sex.
There was a couple ( X & Y) who had come to me for alleviation, from their sexual dysfunction. They were extremely distressed and were not having sex since a long duration, their communication had eroded and they were just existing for the kids sake. However the lady finally took the step and decided to seek help that is when she searched for a lady doctor who is into sexual medicine, approached her spouse and convinced him.
- When I examined their case in my chamber I found them to have a lot of sadness and bitterness. The husband complained that his wife was completely non responsive sexually hence he did not want to have sex with a cold corpse. out of anger & to teach the wife a lesson stopped having sex with her. He confided that he didn't have any affairs due to his conservative upbringing plus he loved his kids too much to get involved anywhere as he saw his office colleagues suffer as an aftermath of an affair.
- The wife said to me she did care for her husband but she was NoT sexually satisfied by her him in any case so she was glad that they don't have sex at all but off late it has been pricking her her mind that the gap was increasing between them drastically hence she wanted to repair it.
- I put the couple on sex Therapy which teaches a couple to unlearn and relearn about the art of sensuality. Touching is a very significant part of sexuality and sensuality, opening all our five senses while touching sensually, whispering sweet nothings, giving and taking feedback of what feels good and preserving intercourse for the last part of the treatment modality. Also they began to slowly communicate via SMS and emails about needs, wants & fantasies. Complimenting each other, rediscovering their physical pleasure. The Couple was compliant and followed their doctors advice.
- With the above case as example I would like to stress on the fact that women want a communicative partner who is kind and passionate rather than only an orgasm. Women look for wanting be desirable in their partners eyes, they want a hard erection rather than a long penis. Women's sexual wants are rather simple but inability to communicate makes it look complex. Please don't hesitate seeking medical advice when in need, a stitch in time saves nine! So now that some mysteries are open guys please take the hint and see your sexual lives bloom.
- Letting us do all the work when we’re on top
- Touching the bits of us that we’re self conscious about
- Refusing to wear a condom
- Pushing our heads down during oral sex
- Rubbing the clitoris like you’re a boy scout trying to start a fire with two sticks
- Thrusting too deep
- Some women like men to thrust really hard and really deep but for lots ofv women, it hurts.
- It’s way too easy for your penis to hit the cervix – which is oweeeeee! painful.
- Skipping foreplay
- Calling us ‘baby’ or ‘babe’
- Trying to last for hours
- Insisting on making us orgasm when it’s clear we’re not going to