Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi. I would like to know more about making my sex life well planned. When is the safe period for me and my husband to have sex? When is the correct period to make a baby? And is it safe to have sex during menstruating?
Hi doctor I am 26 years old I thinking that I am present the symptoms is my body is unessay actually wt is symptoms for pregnancy give me ans.
My mother age was 45 and she is an diabetes and bp too. Is there any problem occur in her sex life. My father was refuses her in participating sex. When she got diabetes. Please reply me.
We are bombarded with advertisements of how 'good mothers' never fail to have their children use antibacterial soap as a habit. But does it really work? There have been several reports of potentially harmful ingredients being used in these antibacterial soaps and yet their sale continues unhindered. Let's dive in to get the dope behind these soaps.
What are antibacterial soaps?
A drug called 'triclosan' was originally used strictly in hospital environments. In the 1990s the commercial manufacture of antibacterial soaps started with this ingredient in its center and fear mongering and advertisements pushed this into a whooping $1 billion industry. There is murky data on the FDA approval on triclosan usage and guidelines which are leaving us only with information the manufacturers propagate about it. But with enough information out there on the internet, should you wait for manufacturers to prove its effectiveness or make a judgment call? Here are a few facts to help:
1. It is as effective as conventional soap: There are countless studies and researches done in the last four decades that proves that antibacterial soaps are not more effective than regular soaps and the added triclosan doesn't proved any special health benefits. These tests measure the amount of bacteria in one's hand before and after usage. But the real question is do antibacterial soaps reduce infection rates and the answer to that question is yet to be proven.
2. It has the potential to create antibiotic-resistant bacteria: The main benefit of using these products is its bacteria resistant formula. With frequent usage, some bacteria gain resistance to the chemicals. Eventually, while the soap kills off regular bacteria, the resistant bacteria can spiral into a local or global threat.
3. It can disrupt endocrine functions: Triclosan closely resembles the thyroid hormone and can bid to its receptor sites. This can lead to many problems like infertility, artificially-advanced early puberty, obesity, and cancer. This problem has been found during animal testing and yet not proven for humans. With so much threat on the loose, would it matter how effective or ineffective the antibacterial soap is against bacteria?
4. It can lead to problems in children: At a growing age, children are developing their immune system and natural resistance to diseases. Prolonged exposure to antibacterial soap can result in reduced exposure to bacteria which prevention the proper development of the child's immune system.
5. It is bad for the environment too: The more triclosan we use, the more gets flushed down the drain. The problem arises because triclosan isn't fully treated at sewage treatment plans and enters water bodies where it disrupts algae's ability to perform photosynthesis. The spin ball effect reaches all sea animals and plants and eventually comes back to attack us in ways we are yet to find out.
The solution to this problem is to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that is effective on both bacteria and viruses. If you are wondering how you can add bacteria resistance to your family without any added harm, consult a doctor today.
I am 22 yrs. I have pcod at border line. Dr. suggested me to take Krimson 35 for 3 months. I am using this tabs since last month now I am using my second course. From the 1st month I am feeling pain in my brest. Noe recently from 1 week I felt nodules like masses in my brest when I examined myself. Is there any chances of this condition to turns into malignancy. If I stopped this tablets is that modules will disappears or not? If not disappear then what should I do? I can't touch my brest it is so painful.
Hi, this question is for my friend. She got her periods on 9th August so her next date was 9th September. She had unprotected intercourse on 11th and 12th of august which is supposed to be a safe day. She did not get her periods on 9th of september so she underwent hCG blood test on 21st September. And the result was negative (beta level less than 2). But till now she has not got her periods. What next steps should be taken to get ensured 100% she is not pregnant? Please guide.
Health Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water
1. Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin c, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
2. Lemons contain pectin fibre which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
3. Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
4. It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
5. It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
6. It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
7. It helps cure the common cold
8. The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells.
9. It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.
10. It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
11. It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
12. Aids in the production of digestive juices
13. Lemon juice helps replenish body salts, especially after a strenuous workout session.
14. It balances to maintain the ph levels in the body.
15. It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver in case of a heartburn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief.
I am 29 year old female. Two weeks back I undergone with IUI. While she is doing IUI she told like my cervix is closed due to some infection. Is there any chance of getting pregnant this month.
Sir I am 18 years old girl my weight is 45 my height is 164. In this month periods not occur? What was the problem? What are the steps did I do?
I am 22 years old girl I am having vagina problem having rashes blackness itching inside vagina and in thighs too I want medicines.
When was the last time you got vaccinated.
Probably when you were a kid. Or after an injury you might have got a tetanus shot.
However with evolving medicine vaccinations in adults have a major role to play.
Who should take what?
Well that depends on what other diseases you have like diabetes or respiratory conditions or kidney disease or liver disease etc.
However routine adult vaccinations that almost any adult should take are
1. Seasonal influenza vaccine or flu shot. This saves you against swine flu and 2 other common influenza virus strains.
Frequency- once a year
2. Typhoid vaccine - it has been around for some time. But there is a newer version. Which has much more effectiveness in preventing typhoid.
Frequency-once in 3 yrs
3. Pneumococcal vaccine- the newer vaccine prevents you against multiple strains of pneumococci and as the name suggests it will prevent you from severe pneumonia.
Frequency-once in a life time.
4. Hepatitis b- if you have not taken it already then this the time to take. Prevents against hepatitis b. If hepatitis b occurs it can cause chronic liver disease and even liver cancer. The disease can even be spread by sexual routes or contaminated blood transfer. It is about thousand times more easily spread than compared to HIV.
Frequency - 0, 1, 6 months. Booster dose after 10 yrs.
In conclusion as we all know-how prevention is better than cure.
Upcoming vaccine-dengue vaccine, very eagerly awaited.