Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi, my wife had her period started 1st June till 3rd. We had sex on the following days 7th, 9th to 14th after a week she got all pregnancy symptoms. Her next period should occur by 29th, but today 27th, she started bleeding as usual. We were expected that she would have conceived but period came. What was the problem. We were married since 5 months.
My age was 24 years I am8 months pregnant lady my ultrasound scan was good but my baby moments are less.
I am suffering from fibroadenoma since a long time but I have been taking homeopathy medicine since last six months. The time I take medicine my tumour is in small size but if I stop taking it, my tumour grows. What should I do to remove the tumour completely except having a surgery?
I am taking infertility treatment in which Dr. prescribed me micronized progesterone for 10 days starting with cycle day 16 each cycle. Periods start 1 day after stopping progesterone. In aug i've to go on vacations & my periods are due at that time. Which medicine should I take to delay periods by 7 days. When & in what dosage should it taken. Can it be taken while continuing taking progesterone or I should skip progesterone in that cycle.
1. Iodine Rich Foods
Make sure that you consume a diet that is rich in iodine. Some of the most common foods that you can think about that is rich in iodine are:
• Seaweeds and sea foods
• Salt water fish
• Nori rolls
Be certain to use iodized salt while preparing food as it is found to be very effective for hypothyroidism.
One of the most commonly found fruits are bananas. Try to include bananas in your daily diet as it is a good food for hypothyroidism.
• Take at least two to three bananas a day. Make sure that you eat ripe bananas.
• You can also at times consume a banana milkshake that is prepared with low fat or skimmed milk.
One of the best known remedies to treat all kinds of disorders as well as hypothyroidism is pure drinking water.
• Make sure that you drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
• Water will help to flush out all toxins in your body.
• It will also prevent you from getting dehydrated so that your body does not store more fat and hence you do not gain excess weight.
4. Eating More Fruits And Vegetables
Try to include more fruits and vegetables in your diet. This will help you to stay healthy and is highly recommended to prevent hypothyroidism.
• It would be better for you to choose a complete veg. meal plan full of greens and vegetables one or two days in a week.
• You also need to follow a strict fruit plan diet for a day in a week to fight hypothyroidism.
5. Selenium Rich Foods
Going for foods that are rich in selenium will help in fighting hypothyroidism.
• Make sure to make onions and dairy products as part of your daily diet.
• You also need to occasionally include chicken, salmon, tuna and meat in your daily diet. Try to use one product a day.
• It is important for you to use a lot of garlic in your food preparation.
• Brazil nuts as well as whole unrefined grains also help in fighting hypothyroidism and you need to take them at least once a week.
6. High Fiber Diet
It is important for you to take a high fiber diet so that you do not gain weight that easily and this will help to prevent hypothyroidism.
• Add beans, oatmeal and whole wheat to your daily diet to improve your bowel movement and to reduce the cholesterol levels in your body.
• Make sure that you only consume brown rice and not white rice in any form when you suffer from hypothyroidism.
7. Green Tea
One of the best foods known to treat hypothyroidism is green tea. It has antioxidants and will help in reducing body weight.
• It is ideal for you to include green tea in your daily diet and try to skip other drinks like coffee and black tea.
• It would be ideal for you to consume thee to four cups of hot green tea to increase body metabolism and to burn fat.
8. Tyrosine Rich Foods
One of the best methods to increase the production of thyroid hormones in your body is to consume foods that are rich in tyrosine.
• Lean meat
• Soy products
9. Coconut Oil
Take coconut oil cooked food will help in improving the production of thyroid hormone and will help in preventing hypothyroidism.
• Add a tablespoon of coconut oil in your diet every day.
• It helps in increasing metabolism and is also an emery booster.
• Make sure that you consume it in moderation depending on your age and lifestyle and structure of your body.
10. Vitamin A, Zinc And Copper Foods
It is ideal for you to consume Vitamin A, zinc and copper rich foods in order to increase the production of thyroid hormones in your body.
Vitamin A Rich Foods
• Yellow vegetables
• Dark vegetables
Zinc And Copper Foods
• Lean Beef
• Dried beans
• Seeds and nuts
• Organ meats that are range free.
Chest congestion becomes common with a change of season. And it’s advisable to go for home remedies. Medicines might have side effects too but home remedies not only provide quick relief but are safe too. But you need to make a little effort for that.
Try these home remedies for a quick relief:
1. Gargle: Gargling is an easiest home remedy for chest congestion. It’s done by putting little salt or turmeric in a glass of warm water. It should be done twice or thrice a day.
2. Steam: Taking steam before sleep instantly eases chest congestion. Plain boiling water is good but one can put a pinch of turmeric too as it’s a great healer.
3. Ginger and honey: It’s advisable to boil pieces of ginger in water and then seep them and drink the water by mixing honey in it. Take it 2-3 times in a day for quicker relief.
4. Onion juice: Onion juice also helps in cleaning chest congestion. Mix honey, lemon juice with onion juice in a glass of warm water and drink it 3-4 times a day.
5. Bay leaves: Taking fresh bay leaves provides great relief at the time of chest congestion. Boil bay leaves in water for about 2-3 minutes and take it 2-3 times a day.
6. Black coffee: Taking 2-3 cups of black coffee also helps in cleaning chest congestion because of presence of caffeine in it.
7. Foods to avoid: During chest congestion, one should avoid taking sugar, dairy products and fried food as all these increase mucus production.
8. Garlic and Lime juice: Take a glass of warm water and add lime juice and garlic paste along with a pinch of salt. Gulp it down to get instant relief.
9. Milk with turmeric and black pepper powder: Take a glass of hot milk, add 2 teaspoons of honey, half teaspoon turmeric with a pinch of black pepper powder and drink it for instant relief.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hi, I am 29 years old. Got married recently. Have some questions on having sexual intercourse. The questions are as follows. 1) When is it safe (no chance of getting pregnant) without using condom/any kind protection to have sexual intercourse with my wife in her 28 days menstrual period? 2) Can we have sexual intercourse everyday once? 3) What is the best medicine/pills to take for unwanted pregnancy within 45 days from the 1st day of the last monthly cycle. Waiting for your kind response.
Mam I don't want to be pregnant soon, please tell me during sex which medicine should I use please tell the medicine name that didn't effect in my body.
I am 20 years old I have problem with my nipples as they are projected out in dress. I do not prefer padded braziers as they are not health friendly. Request you to advise me on what measures other than that (padded one) to be taken to avoid it completely so that I am able to wear any type of dress.
I am 25 years old female. I am married. During intercourse my husband gets relax in just few seconds but I don't get relax in such few seconds ever. My husband's age is 28. We are facing this problem from the first day of our marriage. I am pregnant this time without getting relax. I want to ask you whether problem is in me or in my husband. And also want its solution.
My wife had 45 day cycle and we started our intercourse from 6th day onwards. We exactly do no the fertile days. Till what day we should have intercourse and please let me know how many days once we should have intercourse.
Hey this is extremely urgent I'm worried so much please help. I took I pill on 6th may just after unprotected sex. My periods got over on 1st of july only but today I got my period's again why? Is it normal? I took I pill 2 months back too is it side effect? Am I suffering from something? Like getting periods a full 15 days early is okay or not? I'm so damn worried please help.
I just wanted to know that, when should a urine pregnancy test to be done. On which day and how? Please help I have no idea about this.
Hi,I am 31 years old .I have 3 years old son and he was a scissorian baby. I conceived again and my due date was on 1 Aug. Any how my in-laws pressurised me to get normal delivery. Since I was operated for ist baby, it was abnormal to think abt the second baby to get it normal delivery. With so mch pain, I tried to push the baby out. It was already declared dead. Pushing a dead baby was more awful. Then I told the doctor to operate. The baby was dead. I lost her n now I am on catheter. I am not having control on urine discharge. I just wanted to know whether there is some remedy to this complication or I ll have to carry it for whole life.
I have adopted a new born child and I want to feed my child. I have read an article on net about induced lactation. I did not got pregnancy for a single time. Is it possible in my case? Please guide me about induced lactation.
A great amount of research has been done on the negative implications of screen time on children and adolescents, but even adults are greatly affected and may suffer from certain health problems due to screen addiction.
The following are a few health implications that one should be aware of when it comes to screen addiction
- Restructuring of the brain: This health impact is as complex as it sounds. An increased amount of screen time definitely does affect the grey and white matter which form the brain. Restructuring of the brain generally takes place in hard core electronic device users, although those who do not use electronic devices very frequently may also be at an increased risk. Excessive screen addiction can lead to shrinkage of the grey matter and can hinder the effective functioning of white matter.
- You are more susceptible to diabetes, high BP and obesity: The long hours of sitting in front of the computer or watching videos on your tab can affect the metabolic syndrome of the body, resulting in bad health. In fact, your metabolic syndrome may still be affected even though you partake in physical activity such as walking or running after hours of sitting still.
- You may suffer from eye strain: There is a very common saying that goes ‘too much TV will make your eyes go square’, although this is not true, too much screen time does lead to severe eye problems, the most common of which is eye strain. It can also lead to retina damage and research shows that use of electronic devices such as phones and tabs at night hinders with sleep too.
- Increases mortality rate and risk of cardiovascular disease: Long hours of playing video games or working in front of the laptop does increase the chances of cardiovascular disease. Moreover, a recent study reveals that an unhealthy amount of screen time increased the chances of death to 52%. Even if you do diligent exercise, the damage to your health is more due to excess screen time, whereas exercise reduces mortality risk only up to 4%.
Thus, it is very important that you manage your screen time strictly and continue to live a happy and healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.