Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ManjuYour feedback matters!
Hello I am 28 years old female. I drink black coffee regularly and earlier I used to drink 2-3 cups now I have reduced my coffee intake to 1 and I had low blood pressure last time 100/80. So please tell me the positive and negative effects of coffee and moreover how to manage low blood pressure.
Aromatherapy is an ancient practice that dates back to ancient times across many cultures. This is a practice where concentrated oils are used to treat many imbalances and disorders within the body. The oils emit a fragrance or aroma, through which many important molecules enter your blood stream which have a healing effect. The oils can be applied on the skin and the aroma is then absorbed directly into the body through it. They can also be used as an aromatic agent where you need to sniff them in order for the molecules to get inside the body and then be absorbed into your blood.
What kind of oils are generally used in aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy uses essential oils similar to the ones used for massage in many other forms of alternative medicine such as Ayurveda and Chinese medicine. These oils have the organic compounds within the plants or respective sources concentrated into a small dose so it can pass on the benefits of those compounds to you, healing your body. Some of the types of oils used in aromatherapy are –
1. Peppermint oil
2. Tee tree oil
3. Lavender oil
4. Frankincense oil
5. Lemon oils among many others
How are essential oils made?
Essential oils are made from natural ingredients such as herbs and resins of different plants. These can be extracted from the following sources of a plant, tree or herb:
7. Stems etc.
Aromatic oils tend to be powerful as a lot of ingredients go into the making of a small quantity of oil. It is estimated that it takes multiple kilos of an ingredient to make only a few milliliters of an essential oil. Due to the immense concentration of the powerful organic compounds created by this, organic oils are very effective and thus potent in curing ailments. The compounds are separated through a distillation process that separates the oils from the other components.
How and where are essential oils in aromatherapy effective?
Aromatherapy is very effective in dealing with lesser ailments and also as a supplementary form of treatment for other larger problems such as recovery form surgery and pain relief. Some of the more common areas where aromatherapy is very helpful are:
1. Relieving and reducing stress
2. Relief from joint pain
3. Resisting Cold and flu like infections
4. Building the immunity of the body
5. Improving the appearance and health of your skin by fighting wrinkles, skin infections and inflammation
6. Reduce pain from inflammation and other disorders
7. Corrects and properly regulates hormone production within the body
8. Helps with gastrointestinal problems as well as improving digestion among many other such benefits
Certain specific types of essential oils and their benefits in aromatherapy
1. Lavender oil: Helps heal burns and cuts quicker, relaxes your body and improves your mood
2. Peppermint oil: Helps with digestion, builds up immunity, and helps with the ability to focus among others
3. Rosemary oil: Helps build hair strength, improves memory and brain function in general
4. Sandalwood oil: Improves skin quality, fights inflammation and wrinkles and also acts a as a libido booster
5. Rose oil: Extremely effective for combatting skin problems as well as for natural glow of the skin
6. Tea tree oil: An excellent immunity booster, Tea tree oil also has antifungal and antimicrobial properties which can fight off infections and cure the ailments much quicker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello doctors, In order to maximize our chances to conceive, we had intercourse daily from 10th to 18th day. 15th Jul was 18th day. When can we test the pregnancy whether conceived or not? Which is the most recommended way to test the pregnancy? Lastly, if periods do occur this month end as per cycle, is there a possibility that fertilization is done but periods occurred early / on time?
Hiii Me & gf have sex on june 22 with out safety. June 2 week she has periods. July she did not get period up to now Is she conceive now we are tensed help us.
I am 40 year old woman I am very sad because my body is very weak and having pain in whole body so what should I do ?
I've unprotected sex and i've take i-pill within 8 hours now. I've done my pregnancy test and its shows -ve and till now I didn't have period of last month that January and i'm much worried now, i'm going to retest my pregnancy but is their any pill or medicine to prevent pregnancy that can be buy from any medicine shop? I want to know the name of 100% working pill that can prevent pregnancy at all and which can be buy from any medicine shop.
I am 25 year female. I have problem with my periods. I generally have regular periods. 30-33 days cycle. This month I haven't got my periods. I had my last periods from 11may-14may. This month I haven't got till 26jun. Please suggest any medicine.
Some men are addicted to one sex position and it will take some sort of revolution for them to change from that
The most common position most men favour is the missionary position while others are devotees of the doggy style but some modern men are more flexible and they tend to try out various styles, depending on which gives them or their woman the best form of enjoyment or orgasm.
Whatever sex position you favour, here is what it tells about you.
Missionary: This sex position has been described as Sex 101: The basics of love making. It’s the way we’re taught to have sex, and the way that we see it most often in romance movies of the 80s. But although it is a classic sex position, a 'Missionary Man' might be a little insecure or needs reassurance by seeing his lover being responsive.
You may also be keen on having control during sex, as missionary gives you all the driving power. Since the position finds both people face-to-face, there’s some intimacy to it but its basicness suggests the guy might not be confident about the other moves in his arsenal. It is romantic quite alright but not very adventurous.
There’s nothing wrong with loving the classics, but make sure you take a walk on the wild side every now and then. If you can only climax during missionary, that’s a problem and you will need to do some reprogramming to your sex life. Try switching to woman on top, which has all of the same intimate qualities, but will let you relinquish some of that control and spice things up.
Doggy style: Is there any man who does not love the doggy style sex position? The answer will be a resounding no. In fact, to some men, this is how a man was meant to have sex. A doggy-lover not taps into his territorial animalistic instinct as king of the jungle, but he also has fears of intimacy and is generally unromantic. After all, you probably don’t go for rear entry because you want to whisper sweet nothings in her ear from behind.
You can get the deepest penetration from this position, but what you earn in depth, you lose in intimacy. To make up for it, spring for the spoon position every now and then. You’ll still get to enter from behind, but the snuggly qualities of spooning sex will make your partner feel like a dime, rather than a piece of meat.
Woman on top: The beauty of this position is that there are a million ways to engage in this sex position and still achieve the same end result, and it is all up to your woman. Men who love their women on the saddle are likely concerned with pleasing their partners, and this move shows that he’s confident in being submissive, but he can also be dominant when he enables her to reach her orgasm with deeper penetration. Basically, you get off helping her get off.
Spooning: Given that spooning is most often associated with cuddling and sleep, it’s no surprise that this super intimate position is often the in thing for guys who have a soft spot. But men who love the move aren’t wimps, instead, they’re passionate and eager to please their lover.
Everyone likes to experience the sweeter side of sex, and props for being a romantic. But you can still be intimate while igniting a little more fire into your sex life. While in the spooning position, reach around to stimulate her clitoris, or try a position like missionary where you can gaze lovingly into each other's eyes while penetrating her even deeper.
Standing: Pressed against the front door, hoisted onto the kitchen counter, or in the shower, you can have standing sex anywhere but the bed. That’s why guys who like this position best are adventurous, and often turned on by the idea of being naughty. The 'Standing Man' is a mischievous lover who gets a thrill out of getting caught, and wants to have as much fun as possible with little regard of the consequences
If no one person have hiv or aids then can I make sexual relation with more than one guy or not, without protection like condom.
Hi doctor I am 26years old my height is 5'2 and my weight is 53. I am planning for. Baby I have irregular period problem it's come after 45 or 60 days or 30days also. What should I do for happy pregnancy. Mera weight to thik Hai na? Aur please doctor Mujhe btaiye ki ki Mai kai jaldi conceive kru? I already started folic acid tab. Aur iss month mera period miss hua Hai. Maine pregnancy test Bhi kiya negative Hai Aur Mujhe urine infection jaisa lag raha Hai. It's sign of pregnancy?
A combination or standalone mineral and/ or herbs has proven excellent for vaginal wash to cure infections of different aetiology especially white or yellowish thick discharge. Though for complete treatment oral medicines are recommended but sometimes patient is not mentally ready to start proper course of treatment.
In such cases we recommend adopting vaginal wash approach for instant results. However its not the complete regime. At least patient feels relief to a large extent. Cost is very economical i.e. As low as INR 10/- per wash.
Sexually transmitted diseases can often be shortened to STDs. STDs often do not show any symptoms. It is possible that you may have had a disease such as chlamydia and not even known you had it. However, it is crucial that you get yourself tested as soon as possible so that the sexually transmitted disease can be treated in the best way possible. Since there are many sexually transmitted diseases and they all have different symptoms and treatment, here are the symptoms and treatment for the most common ones:
- HPV: HPV stands for Human papillomavirus and it may display no symptoms, whatsoever that you have the disease. However, when you do get symptoms, you will get symptoms such as genital warts, infection of the throat and mouth as well as cervical cancer, penile cancer and various other cancers. The treatment for HPV is to take a vaccine; as if you have not been vaccinated, it is hard to cure.
- Chlamydia: Chlamydia is a common sexually transmitted disease, however only 25% of women and about 50% of men show any symptoms of it. However, the most common symptoms when they do appear is a discharge from the vagina or penis which is not regular and it may even cause a painful or burning sensation. Since this is a bacterial disease, it can pretty easily be treated with antibiotics.
- Gonorrhea: Gonorrhea is yet another common sexually transmitted disease. It usually occurs along with chlamydia. The symptoms and treatment for gonorrhea are also extremely similar to chlamydia.
- Syphilis: Syphilis is another common sexually transmitted disease. However, it is a little hard to treat because the symptoms appear in stages. In the first stage, there is only one main bump on the body. This bump may look like a cut, a sore or even an ingrown hair. In the second stage, this bump becomes a rash, which goes all over your body and it may develop sores in your mouth, vagina or anus. Symptoms usually completely disappear in the third stage. However, if there is a fourth stage, the brain or organ damage may occur. Antibiotics are used to treat syphilis as well.
Related Tip: "3 Ways You Can Prevent STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)"