Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Manju GuptaYour feedback matters!
It is common belief that people are highly interested in sex. However, this is not true. There are a lot of reasons which can reduce this sexual drive, known as libido. The reasons and therefore the causes are slightly different in men and in women. Read on to know some of the most common causes of reduced arousal in men and women and how to deal with it.
Causes of reduced arousal in men:
• Physiologically, sex is greatly influenced by the sex hormones and with age, as there is a gradual decline in the amount of these hormones in circulation, the sex drive also takes a dip. This need not be the case though.
• Stressed relationships is extremely common and though hormones have a big role to play, the mind is equally if not more important. If the couples are not happy, there is going to be no sex. As plain as that!
• Excessive smoking can reduce a person’s sexual arousal and even affect performance.
• Prescription medicines, lack of exercise, anxiety and depression are other causes that also reduce sexual desire.
• Testosterone replacement therapy in males is often used to boost sexual drive.
• Lifestyle changes including regular exercise, quitting or controlled smoking, stress management, healthy relationships can go a long way in improving sexual performance.
• If there are medications that are affecting the sexual drive, talk to your doctor and switch to an alternative.
• Counselling where the partner is also involved also is very important.
Women: The causes for low sexual drive in females is very different from men.
• Cultural differences: The cultural background and upbringing contribute in a big way to how responsive a person is. When it comes to sex, we as a country are still not very frank and open, and so there could be a perceived lack of desire. This is of course in the initial stages of a relationship and given some time, things would change.
• Relationship issues: Stressed relationships are definitely a big no-no for a physical relationship. Happy relationships definitely invite a lot more intimacy between the couple.
• Hormones: Testosterone which is present in both males and females affects sexual drive in women also. This hormone also gradually reduces over age, and causes some loss of libido.
• Medical problems: Depression, anxiety, endometriosis, fibroids, thyroid issues also affect a woman’s drive.
In managing this issue in women, psychology takes over a bigger role. Talking to the woman first and if required the partner helps in solving the issues in most women. Medical conditions, if present, should be corrected to address this issue. Hormone replacement and medication substitution also may be helpful if required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am 34 year old and married. I don't have a child even after 2 years after marriageTell me what should I do?
I lost my virginity on last two months. From that months my periods are abnormal. And bleeding period decrease from 3 days to 1 day. This is first time I faced periods problem. My behaviour also changed. Am I pregnant. Or first time sex affected the periods?
Hello doctor. Am 35 weeks+ pregnant and today doctor told that baby position is head down. What are the chances of normal delivery and can you give me some tips for normal delivery.
Does thyroid 9.06 found recently for first time after prolonged bleeding cause problem with uterus thickening or period irregularity? Can correction of thyroid by taking eltroxin 25 mg be helpful.
Secondary infertility is a condition characterized by the inability to get pregnant, in spite of a successful pregnancy in the past. Usually, after a conception, a woman feels confident about her second conception as well. However, this might not always be the case. This condition can be very frustrating for couples, and can be traumatic for some.
Mental issues such as anxiety, shame, depression and guilt can affect both the partners for being unable to conceive the second time.
The causes of secondary infertility are:
Certain complications resulting from previous pregnancies.
Problems in production of sperm in men or impaired delivery of the sperm.
Damage to the fallopian tubes or other ovulation disorders in women.
Physical changes in the body owing to age, weight and usage of certain medications.
Procedures to Overcome Secondary Infertility:
In order to overcome secondary infertility, these tips can come in handy:
Consult a fertility specialist: If you have been facing this problem for a while now, consult a reputed fertility specialist. The doctor will be able to guide you through the steps you must take and also diagnose any underlying condition. Once the condition is diagnosed, if any, then he can zero in on a treatment course.
Change your diet: If you have been following a diet that misses out on some important nutrients and vitamins, especially Vitamin D that is so crucial for easing the process of conception and reproduction, sit up and rectify it. Eat well balanced meals with a healthy mix of nutrients, so that the body is well nourished and the reproductive system functions optimally.
Exercise regularly: With age, physical activity tends to go on a downward spiral, making you prone to weight gain. Obesity can hamper one’s plans of conception; so if the weighing scale is on the heavier side, then take immediate steps to correct it. Simple exercises such as walking or jogging, done regularly, can help keep weight within optimal levels. It will also help reduce stress levels that will ultimately boost the health of hormones related to reproduction.
Hi im 23 years old. I got married 2 years ago. Stil im not conceived when I gone to Gynaecologist doctor she suggested to do some scanning n they found I have a multiple tiny cystic on my both ovaries. An aslo my period comes once in 3 months. Im not evaluating property. Pls let me know. Do I need to go for ivf or I can achieve pregnancy by just medicine. Since im just 23 years I do not want to loose my confidence of conceiving my own without treatment. Pls suggested me.
Hello doctor my age is 34 years I having two kids last daughter age is 8 years I want to do family planning operation on November 3 or 4 but my sister in law daughter marriage is on 22nd November so I want to recover till her marriage can I recover and how many days the pain will be and what to eat to get quickly recover because it is compulsory to go marriage. And please give the information which operation is better machine operation or hand make operation .Some are telling machine operation may be fail.
What is the procedure of having 100% safe sex against pregnancy. Last time Lybrate answered that condom is safe but not 100%, so what is the solution, what do we do?
Hello, I am breastfeeding now to my 6 six months baby. I had a unprotected intercourse last night and now I am worried about taking any emergency contraceptive pills which may impacts milk production. Could anyone suggest any best pills during breastfeeding which will available in Indian market. Thank you very much for your time. Regards
I am 22 years old and I have irregular periods from 1 yrs. What to take for it? before when I consult to Dr. She told me to check thyroid.Please suggest.
The batch flower remedies contain the life force of plant. The healing property within a flower may therefore be considered to be the outlet of the life force of that plant. They act not by attacking the disease but by flooding our bodies with the beautiful vibrations of our higher nature, in the presence disease melt away as a snow in sunshine!
**it is always recommended to consult a specialised homeopath before you go for medication. None of these medicines should be taken without professional advice.
Emotional group flower remedies:
Rock rose, mimulus, aspen, red chestnut.
Cerato, gentian, gorse, wild oat.
3. A lack of interest in the world around:
Clematis, honeysuckle, wild rose, olive.
Water voilet, heather
5. Over sensitive to others:
Agrimony, centaury, walnut
6. Generally despondent or in despair:
Larch, pine, elm, sweet chestnut.