Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manju Bala
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Manju BalaYour feedback matters!
The backbone is made up of multiple small bones which are connected together by a softer bone. The spine is what allows important body movements including bending and walking. The issue is, with age, the backbone also loses its elasticity and becomes rigid. Though this is a natural process with ageing, lack of exercise and sedentary lifestyle makes it worse.
Lumbar spondylosis is the medical term for this chronic, degenerative condition of the lumbar and the sacral spines (the lower portion of the backbone). This leads to chronic stiffening of the spine, affecting movement. This joint is very crucial in all bending movements and spinal movements.
Causes of Lumbar Spondylosis:
Ageing: As the condition progresses, the nerves that run through the spines can get exposed and there could be pain and irritationGenetic abnormalities that produce a weak boneSpinal trauma like accident or fallsSedentary lifestyle: Sitting in front of the computer for prolonged hours also causes lumbar spondylosisOveruse: People who are weightlifters tend to put excessive pressure on the spine, causing lumbar spondylosis
Stiffness and pain in the low back pain with continued sittingNumbness and tingling if nerves are getting affectedLoss of balance, leading to frequent falls losing control over bowel and bladder movementPain radiating to the lower legs
- Ayurvedic remedies: This includes a combination of external applications, yoga, and food preparations including kashayas and tailas.
- This condition is caused by increased Vata and Kapha. Shothhar kashayam like maharasnadi etc reduce these problems.
- Pain and inflammation is relieved by the use of various Guggulu including Mahayogaraja Guggulu, Simhanada Guggulu, Trayodashang Guggulu.
- The affected joints can be hydrated with the use of vasti treatment, Snehan, Abhyang, kati vasti, swedan as per the need.
- Ashwagandha is known to lubricate the vertebral disks and joints.
- External treatments like Abhyanga, lepa, alabu chikitsa are useful in improving joint movement.
- They improve circulation and help in removal of toxins so that pure blood can flow and reduce inflammation.
- Vasti: This helps in improving nutrition to the joints and bones, thereby helping them repair themselves and heal.
Yogas for lumbar spondylosis: The five most effective asanas are:
- Ardhakati chakrasana
- Vakrasana (sitting in a chair)
- Sit in a comfortable position with adequate back support.
- Take short breaks to avoid continued sitting.
- Sleep comfortably, by resting the back adequately.
- Strengthen the back muscles by regular exercises.
- Eat healthy, avoid junk, and drink plenty of water.
For any query you can consult our Panchkarma experts
I am 40 years old female I am having back pain since many days I have used many ointments but have no relief please suggest any medication.
I have a lot of back pain form last 2 days I don't even sleeping for this pain can anyone please tell me wat to do for cure this.
I am getting so much backache from few days while going to bed. But normal time I m not feeling the pain.
I am 64 years male with psvt for 6 years I weigh 106 kg with left knee problem. Please advise precautions to be taken. Medicine for psvt delzam sr90 metxl25 telma 20 and ecosprinav75.
I have severe back pain. I had two child both from scissor and I had chocolate cyst in left overy. So left ovary and uterus is removed with third time scissor operation. My age is 42 years. This back pain is mainly after removing left ovary and uterus on Feb. 2015. Pls give ans to my query. Thanks.
I underwent angioplasty and got a stent fixed for a 99% block about 20 days back. My diet chart strictly prohibits nuts. I am very fond of nuts. Can I eat nuts now and if so what kind of nuts are safe for me.
My friend has recurrent episodes of UTI, SINCE 4 days she has hypogastric pain severe, pain while micutating, h/ o hematuria 2 days back, h/o some particles in urine, I'm suspecting it as bladder calculus.
Hii I am an army officer. I had a calcaneus fracture 2 years back and I was given non surgical treatment. But d pain is still dere. I am really finding it difficult. Chronic pain. Limping. And smtymes pain increases 2 much. Wat shld I do? What is the possible remedy?
A bone fracture occurs when a strong external force is applied on the bones causing it to break. It is an extremely painful condition that results in days of immobility and rest.
There are several reasons which can result in bone fracture, some of them being:
- Injuries caused in sports: Any sport requires and demands extreme physical exertion and participation. Being involved in any sport therefore automatically increases your risk of incurring injuries. Bone ractures therefore are mostly reported during sports.
- Osteoporosis: Due to the deficiency of calcium, the bones of both men and women tend to get weak and more susceptible to fracture and breakage. It is one of the primary causes that lead to bone fracture.
- Osteomalacia: This also refers to a condition wherein the bones become weak and brittle. Much like osteoporosis, osteomalacia too significantly contributes to instances of bone fractures.
- Osteosarcoma: This is a rare form of bone cancer that most often develops either near the femur or near the shinbone. An instance of this form of bone cancer is most often found in children and weakens the bone, consequently leading to fractures.
Though there may be different causes of broken fractures, its symptoms remain similar. Some of them are:
- Swelling: One of the most common symptoms of bone fracture is perceptible swelling. If any of your bone is fractured, that particular part will be visibly swollen.
- Deformity: Bones give your body the shape it has, thereby, any fracture anywhere would inevitably manifest itself as a clear deformity of that particular part.
- Extreme pain: It goes without saying that a bone fracture would entail excruciating and extreme pain. This pain sharply increases with mobility thereby necessitating complete rest.
- Temporary loss of function: The part of the body where the bone is broken temporarily becomes dysfunctional. For instance, if the bone in your hand is broken, you will find it extremely difficult to move and do any work with it.