Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manju Agarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manju AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Previously I ask question on my sister's pregnancy. That she has diabetes and thyroid problem. A gynaecologist advice 2 take insulin daily. Is daily taking of insulin is good fr my sister's health? ANd any side effect is there ?And tell me please if any problem in future in her life?
My periods every month was coming at 26 or 27 days. Now it's 29th day I dint get. Lot of cramps lower back, abdomen and leg pain now and then and not continuous. Feeling exhausted, have cold and not able to get up in the morning. Can I be pregnant?
With more than 1 million cases reported every year in India, the condition is one of the most significant causes of hospital admissions and outpatient visits. A few otherwise common conditions may sometimes become acute, causing intense trauma, and one such is diverticulitis.
Although most people affected with diverticulitis can be treated by medical procedures, some of them would require surgical intervention. It is only required when medical treatment is not amenable, or the disease does not respond to the medical therapy. But it should be noted that Acute diverticulitis with free perforation is a fatal condition which requires emergency surgery.
Medical science has thoroughly evolved the understanding of the natural history and pathophysiology of Diverticulitis. Moreover, non-surgical management and improvements in diagnostic methods have also led to crucial alterations in the treatment recommendations. The present practice guidelines are tailored to the needs of individual patients considering their risk factors, persistent symptoms, and individual preferences.
Who requires surgery in the management of diverticulitis?
Patients suffering from complicated acute diverticulitis with pneumoperitoneum or extraluminal abscess are more likely to require urgent operation compared to the patients with colonic inflammation. Such patients are also more prone to experience complications as well as perforation even after no-operative management.
Doctors recommend undergoing surgery if you are suffering from recurrent attacks of diverticulitis. Also, people under the age of 40 years or people with an impaired immune system who experience repeated attacks should also undergo surgery at the earliest. Moreover, people with an abnormal opening or fistula forming in between the colon and adjacent organ which could include the uterus, bladder or vagina also need an urgent surgical treatment.
The surgery for diverticulitis may also be recommended to fend off certain complications. For instance, if the diverticulum has been infected and ruptured into the abdominal cavity forming a pocket of infection, then surgery is used for draining the abscess. Besides, surgery is done to cure an infection that has spread into the abdominal cavity, blockage of colon, narrow spot in the colon and infection that has spread through the blood to other parts of the body.
What are the surgery choices for diverticulitis?
It is estimated that less than 6 people out of 100 people affected by the diverticulitis need surgical intervention. Surgical treatment involves removal of the diseased portion of the large intestine and reconnecting the remaining parts. Sometimes, more than one surgery is required to correct the disorder in case the condition is very severe.
When multiple surgeries are required, the affected person usually requires a colostomy during the time span between the surgeries. It is generally left at the discretion of the surgeon to decide whether a patient requires single or multiple surgeries.
So, if you have this problem, thoroughly discuss your options with your doctor to decide on the course of action to pave the path towards a complete cure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The food we eat needs to be digested properly. Digestion ki is prakriya ke dauraan hamare pet mein ek acid banta hai. But most of the times the quantity of this acid produced is more than it is required. This may cause khatte dakaar, which may lead to a burning sensation in the throat and chest, gas and fatigue.
Gale mein jalan ke aur bhi reasons ho sakte hain. Khaane se allergy, bacterial and viral infections and inflammation of the oesophagus kuch aise he reasons hain. Many a times, pain in throat is due to viral infections such as the common cold or flu which is accompanied by running nose, khaansi aur bukhar.
To deal with mild burning sensation in the throat, it is important to introduce a few lifestyle-related changes. Bazaar mein bhi medications uplabhd hain jo gale ki jalan se rahat dilati hain. This article explains some remedies to bring relief in case of gale ki jalan.
Self Help: Weight loss stomach par pressure kam karta hai and it also eases acid reflux. This, in turn, helps reduce burning sensation in throat. Lemon juice aur apple cider vinegar ko paani ke saath lene se bhi gale ko araam milta hain.
As a best practice, gale ki jalan se raahat paane ke liye aap choti meals frequently lein. Reduce alcohol, quit smoking, zyada masaledaar khane ko avoid karein aur khoob paani piyein.
- Baking soda: Adhe teaspoon baking soda ko ek glass paani mein mix karke peene se gale mein jalan kam hoti hai. Yeh humare stomach ke acid ko neutralize karta hai.
- Aloe vera: Khaana khaane se pehle ek cup of aloe vera juice peene se gale aur seene ki jalan se bacha jaa sakta hain. Yeh ek laxative ki tarah kaam karta hain and also brings relief in case of constipation.
- Throat sprays and lozenges: Chloraseptic spray has antibiotic and numbing properties. Yeh gale ke dard ko bhi kam karte hain aur infection ko bhi thik kar dete hain. Lozenges bazaar mein asaani se mil jaati hain and it helps soothe an irritated throat.
- Ayurvedic treatment: Raw amla gale ko araam deta hai aur acidity se rahat deta hai. Tulsi ke patte roz subah khaali pet khane se gas nai banti hai aur gale ki jalan mein araam milta hain. Gur is also an effective cure for the condition as it soothes the throat. Dhoodh mein haldi mila kar lena cures any type of throat infection and reduces pain.
A Small Penis: Some Advantages
A small penis is often the butt of many jokes and most men wish to be associated with a larger model rather than a smaller one. Yet, as is widely reported, proper skill and good penis care are ultimately more important in terms of sexual fulfillment than penis size. Nonetheless, if for nothing more than the physical impression it makes, men take pains to being known as the possessor of a small penis. However, there in fact are advantages to having a more modestly sized endowment.
- Fear factor. Pornography would have the world believe that when a woman lays eyes on a penis of jaw-dropping size, she immediately goes into frenzied lust and can barely contain herself until she has possession of that monstrous penis. In fact, when a man is truly huge, many women have the opposite reaction, worrying about how a piece of equipment that large can fit inside of her and whether it is going to cause pain. (In fact, the vagina is remarkable for its ability to accommodate large penises, but there can sometimes be pain involved, especially if there is not sufficient lubrication.) A man with a small penis need not worry about evoking such anxiety in a potential mate.
- Lowered expectations. One of the key advantages of a small penis is that expectations are lessened. Many people make the assumption that a big penis is going to equal great sex, but that is not always true. The average amount of time that elapses from penetration to ejaculation is around 3 minutes, and that holds true regardless of size. With a bigger penis, many women expect more and are disappointed. With a small penis, they don't have exalted expectations and may in fact be surprised at how successful their partner is at lovemaking.
- More care. And indeed, often a man with a small penis is an exceptional lover. It's not unusual for a modestly endowed man to want to prove that it truly is skill that counts more than size. As a result, he may be more inclined to engage in passionate foreplay, to experiment with new positions, to take time to ascertain what his lover wants and needs. That's by no means to imply that a man with a big penis will not do this - just that the small penis man tends to have more reason to do so.
- Better condom fit. Some men with large penises complain that condoms are too tight or otherwise don't fit properly. Count among small penis advantages the ability to more easily get a proper-fitting condom - which is important not only for comfort but also to decrease the chance of the condom breaking during sex.
Are there disadvantages to having a small penis? Yes, of course. But those are harped on so frequently that men can lose sight of some of the advantages. Regardless of size, men need to be appreciative of what they have and work on how to best use it.
Advantages are nice, whether one has a small penis, a medium or a large one. But penises of all size can benefit from the daily application of a top drawer penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin. The best crèmes will include a number of vitamins, such as B5. Also known as pantothenic acid, vitamin B5 is a vital nutrient required for cell metabolism and the maintenance of healthy tissue. Penis skin can be kept more attractive and appealing if the skin is well moisturized (so select a crème with Shea butter and vitamin E) and if it gets plenty of vitamin A (found in many crèmes), which has anti-aging and blemish-fighting properties.
Melasma is one of the most common forms of hyperpigmentation .It commonly appears as brow or gray -brown patches on the face . These patches are usually symmetrical and visible on cheeks,forehead,bridges of nose,above the uper lip and chin .
CAUSES OF MELASMA
Melasma is more common in women than men.
2) A change of hormonal level ( pregnancy)
TREATMENT OF MELASMA
1} Sunprotection -is the key factor for decreasing melasma.
2} Depigmenting agents
a} Hydroquinone- the most common used agent ,works to inhibit a melanin -producing enzyme . It has potent antioxidant abilities.Topical hydroquinone creams comes in 2% and 4% concentrations alone or with tretinoin.Creams containing hydroquinone is intended for short-term use. A dermatologist recommendation is very important .
b} Arbutin -natural source of hydroquinone ,is considered to be much safer . It is dervided from the leaves of bearberry,cranberry,mulberry or blueberry shrubs .It too has the ability to ihibit melanin production.
To enhance skin-lightening ,the following ingredients may also help .
- Retinoic acid
- Azelaic acid
- Kojic acid
- Glycolic acid
- Low mid-potency steroids
Pocedures fr Melasma
Chemical peels - eg. glycolic acid ,tricholroacetic acid )work well in treatment of melasma . These exfoliate the superfical layers of the skin and increase the cell turnover,which triggers the fading of unwanted pigmentation . The number of sessions depend on the level of pigmentation and skin sensitvity.
Lasers- escpecially the Q-switched Nd:YAG laser ,have a positive effect on early melasma . These are also relatively safe o Indian skin.The laser light beam acts on the pigment(melanin) clumps within the skin and fragments them.Once fragmented ,these are easily cleared by body's immune system . It is done in a gap f 15 to 20 days for a minimum of 8 to 10 sessions.