Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manjit KochharYour feedback matters!
One of the most debilitating psychological conditions is Anorexia Nervosa, an eating disorder which is also the leading reasons of psychological deaths. This eating disorder is characterized by intense fear of gaining weight or body dysmorphia, where an individual believes that they are severely overweight or obese even when they are healthy. It results in obsession with becoming dangerously thin. The condition has several signs, including less than normal weight, obsession with constantly monitoring food and intake of calories, negative body image, extreme exercise and phobia of eating foods that may make one fat.
Some of the symptoms of anorexia nervosa include significant weight loss due to restricted food intake, distorted body image, constipation and yellowish skin, dental decay, hyperactivity and sleep difficulties, weight obsession, fine downy hair on face and arms, frequent problems with digestion, mood swings and anxiety, preoccupation with food and menstrual irregularities. Anorexia usually is a result of physical, emotional and social triggers.
Some of the causes are mentioned below.
1. Extreme dieting : Dieting affects the way your brain and metabolism work. Women who diet to the extreme tend to gain weight back and go on the diet cycle again. This cycle results in stresses on the body and leads to development of eating disorders.
2. Runs in family : People with eating disorder like anorexia are likelier to have family history of the disorder, obesity or other mood disorders.
3. Lower self-esteem : Low self-confidence and negative body image perpetuated by the medical one of the main causes of growing number of eating disorders.
4. Emotional imbalance: Perfectionist and certain personality characteristics. Women who are emotionally restrained are more likely to develop the condition.
5. Obsession : To have feelings of obsession/compulsion (even when it isn’t clinically diagnosed OCD).
6. Biological factors: Puberty and pressures or stresses at school including bullying, other biological factors and malnutrition.
7. Certain life events: Stressful life event such as breakdown of a relationship, physical abuse, death in the family
If you suspect that you or someone you know has anorexia, ensure that you refer them to a psychologist. Anorexia can be life-threatening over the years and needs instant support.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hi How to know my ovlution day to get pregnant I request suggest some symptoms of ovlution day. Thank you.
Hi, I'm 25 years old recently married. My periods are late for a week and a half, supposed to get periods on 15 th, Also suffering from cramps, nausea,back pain. Did a home pregnancy test the result was negative. Am I pregnant or not? Shud I do another test?
I'm having vomiting for last 5 days, and I'm unable to eat or drink anything, everything comes out as vomiting. So I took a pregnancy urine test, it turned out to be negative. Then I tried blood test for hCG count which was 170 which indicates positive pregnancy. But then I proceeded for ultrasound which showed nothing and no pregnancy was declared. So is it possible to have negative ultrasound and urine test but positive blood hCG test? There is no specific reason given by Dr. for positive blood test. I cannot understand whether I'm pregnant or not.
Did sex on the second day of periods And because of bursting of condom had to take i-pill. Due to this my periods stopped in the mid of third day only. Can you please tell me why this happened and is this harmful for my body?
Hi Dr. I give birth of a baby on 23 nov n delivery was normal. Bleeding was continue at least one month uske baad beech m kuchh dino k lye stop thi bhut kam na k baraabr. Bt abhi last 3 days se jada start ho gyi. Has period started? For every month?
Dr. It's exactly 1 month have passed after normal delivery of my wife. .how much time should we take for having sex after delivery?
My wife 31years old has pregnant about 20 week. After doing ultrasound. In reports there is single umbilical arteries. But other reports r normal. Can it affect baby.
Sir. Recently we are married. My wife and me are going outside. Suddenly she got periods. How to stop that. Which medicine. We have to use. Pls tell me.
When time does girl get pregnant during mc periods or normal day. How to find time to make her pregnant.
I have taken an ipill on 29th of march after unprotected intercourse. Later I had a lower abdominal pain which lasted for a week and post that I started having white vaginal discharge without any irritation or harm. My periods were due on 10th of april as usual. However, it us still yet to arrive. And as of today I am already one week late. Today I took a urine home pregnancy test which came negative.(early morning urine sample). Please review in details and advice as to when the periods could be expected and also if the pregnancy is prevented?
1. Menses Problems - Menses problems like irregular menses, delayed menses or in little blood flow, have to start Kumari Aasav 10 ml twice a day with warm water adding in it.
2. Hysteria - Give Natural Borax Powder (Purified Tankan) 1 -2 grams with honey or warm water.
3. Stye - In Problem of Stye have to apply Paste of Rasvanti (Rasanjan) on eyelids or on affected area. And take Trifla churna regularly.
4. Abdominal Pain - Take Shivakshar Churna 2 to 4 grams with warm water twice or thrice a day. And use hot water bag or heating pad on affected part of the abdomen.