Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha BansalYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant. My nauseous tendency has increased from 13weeks and now I am in 15weeks and it has increased. Is is due to the reason the baby is moving?
Hello Doctor, My wife is 6 months pregnant. Can I do safe sex with her? Please suggest me. Thank you.
Its been two months that I delivered a baby. Now my hubby wants to suck my breast milk. Is it possible or safe.
Do you know about the different types of sexually transmitted diseases and how they are caused? STDs are caused mostly by bacterial infections. The bacteria get transmitted while having sex, in the case of most common STDs. There are several STDs which commonly occur in people, primarily because of having unprotected sex.
There are various forms of infections, including bacteria like gonorrhea and syphilis, viral STDs like HIV, ghnital herpes, hepatitis B, and genital warts. The germs which lead to the STDs dwell in the semen, vaginal secretions, and saliva. The transmission mostly occurs through vaginal, anal, and oral contact. Certain STDs are caused due to skin contact.
Types of STDs:
The most common STD diseases are as follows:
Chlamydia- This bacterial infection occurs in your genital tract, and it is difficult to diagnose as no early symptoms are always experienced. The disease strikes three weeks after the exposure to the responsible bacteria. Lower abdominal pain and vaginal discharge are indicated as symptoms.
Gonorrhea- This is a bacterial infection, which affects the genital tract. It can also develop in your eyes, mouth, throat, and anus. The symptoms start appearing within ten days of the exposure. Major symptoms include thick, bloody discharge from the penis or vagina. Painful sensation while urinating is also indicated.
Trichomoniasis- This STD occurs from a microscopic, single-celled parasite called trichomonas vaginitis. It is commonly transmitted during sexual intercourse with an affected individual. In the case of men, the disease infects the urinary tract, without showing any symptoms in many cases. In women, the vagina is affected. The condition appears twenty-eight days within exposure. Mild irritation and severe inflammation are common symptoms. A clear white, greenish or yellowish vaginal discharge is likely in women, while discharge from the penis occurs in the case of men.
HIV- HIV occurs because of the human immunodeficiency virus. HIV is a severe health disease which disrupts your body’s immune system, or your body’s ability to fight fungi and bacteria that lead to illness. HIV results in AIDS, which is a chronic, life-threatening condition. Commonly, early stage symptoms are not experienced in case of HIV. An illness which is similar to flu within two to six weeks of infection is likely to occur in some patients. You need to take a screening test for HIV for the diagnosis of this condition.
Another common STD which occurs is genital herpes. This is caused due to a certain form of the HSV or herpes simplex virus. The virus enters your body through tiny breaks in your skin membrane or mucous. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I used yasmin tablet but 2 3 days missed I got brownish bleeding of 15 to 20 drops per day continuous ly is it considered periods or what after that I am getting vomiting sensation and I can't eat food pls suggest me.
I am 26 years old unmarried and my gf is 22 years old. During romance, I inserted my finger in to her vagina deep inside. I figured her many times. Some days before we had sex first time but she did not bleed. So please tell me that was the virginity broken by inserting fingers? She felt some pain when I first time inserted.
A lot of people are obsessed with the idea of having a soul mate. This is probably because of the countless books and movies that have equated the idea of a soul mate with that of true love. Now, the idea of being with a soul mate is not unappealing at all, because after all, who would not want to be with the perfect partner? The idea of having someone who gets you is totally wonderful. However, it is also important to understand that the concept of a soul mate is very ambiguous and can, in fact, ruin your potential love life. Instead, when you are going out with someone, it is important to enjoy their company and be grateful for what they can offer, rather than scaring them off by constantly trying to impose your expectations of what they should be giving you. Here are some reasons why it is important to put your hunt for that elusive “soul mate” on a permanent halt.
Nobody Is Perfect!!
This is one of those quintessential reasons why you have to stop looking for your soul mate immediately. After all, what is a soul mate? Most people believe that a soul mate is someone who is completely perfect not only for them, but also as a person. However, these are very unrealistic expectations. It is not possible for an individual, whether a boy or a girl, to be completely perfect. If you are hung up on the idea, you might not be able to handle the problems and the shortcomings in your partner, because after all, it will not comply with your idea of how “perfect” your partner is and should be.
You Will Never Be Able To Accept Completely
A relationship consists of two people, where both individuals are equal participants. If one of the partners is in the relationship because they have found something attractive about you, and the other partner is in the relationship because they think you are soul mates, then an immediate imbalance is created. In the process, the latter would never be able to accept the smaller quirks, mistakes, flaws, and habits which do not coincide with their own, because obviously that is not what “soul mates” are supposed to be like, are they? Work on accepting your partner as they are instead of fitting them into the mold that you have created, because you never know, they might become your partner in life.
Expecting too much from a relationship or your partner can lead to heartbreak. So, keep your expectations real!
- People associate the concept of a soul mate with statements like “We share a special connection,” or “We are made for each other,” or even “We love each other unconditionally.” No matter how appealing and fairytale-like it sounds, you also have to make sure that you are firmly grounded in reality. Although thoughts like these can enhance a relationship, it is also important to note that a relationship cannot be solely based on such things. No matter what, there will be some amount of consternation, fighting, and misunderstandings, which will only increase when your idea of a having a perfect soul mate is violated.
- Marriage makes you complete and ends your loneliness: Marriage definitely provides you a companion (for life), but being lonely is something dependent on the person. As they say, be alone, don’t be lonely.
- You will know at first sight if the person is right for you: Not necessarily. The person may have been nicely groomed and dressed when you first met them. However, there is more to that person, and as you get to know them more, you will become aware of your likes and dislikes and other aspects, which are more important in helping you decide if the person is right for you.
- You need to remember every date that was a milestone in your life – the day you met, the day you proposed, the day you agreed, the day you spoke to your parents, the day they agreed…… the list can be very long Get real! All these lead to you two being together. They are good to remember, but do not call for a celebration every single time. Also depends on what you call as a celebration.
- Celebration: Instead of talking about past events, keep small milestones for yourselves and celebrate each event together. Celebration means going for a ball party where all break into a well-rehearsed song and dance. Celebration is being together and talking something meaningful. It could be cooking together or going for a drive or a movie. Important is to spend time together.
- Romance is in the air: Depends on your definition of romance. But, as the routine daily life begins, you realize you need to clean the house, cook food, and buy groceries to ensure it is running smooth. Romance is definitely there, but there are other things too to do.
- Love will help overcome all problems: Love definitely helps tide through problems, but whether it is money or people, you need to work on them.
- Communication: My spouse knows me so well, I don’t have to say a word: 'Totally wrong'. If you want it, say it. It is as simple as that. Telepathy does work, but it is better to talk out than assume. Communication is key to any relationship, especially marriage.
- Marriage is the bed of roses: No Married couples are always happy. Married couples also fight and argue and quarrel. No two people can think the same way. So agree to disagree and respect the differences.
- Possessiveness: Being possessive is a way to show love. After a certain point, being possessive can get a little irksome. Everybody needs their own space, so learn to give and take space and enjoy your own things. It becomes essential.
5 Do's In Marriage
- Accept that a marriage has ups and downs, is not always a jolly happy ride.
- Give time and be patient, marriage takes time and evolves over a period of time.
- Build trust over a period of time.
- Be frank in expressing your opinion, even if not during an argument.
- Give each other space and respect it.
- Talk and plan finances because you need to be planning together.
5 Don'ts In Marriage
- Don’t try to gain the upper hand always - the dictatorship times are over.
- Don’t expect every celebration to be grand; time spent together doing simple things matter.
- Don’t get possessive with your partner.
- Don’t expect to be aware of every activity that he/she is involved in.
- Don’t impose your friends on your partner, unless they also enjoy their company. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Most women tend to ignore their own well-being. A woman's health deteriorates faster as she ages, therefore women must go for complete body checkups regularly. Here are few symptoms to be cautious about and if you notice any of these, do visit your doctor soon.
1. A lump or a cyst - a breast lump is not to be ignored. If you detect/feel a suspicious breast lump, remember it could be a cyst. Now the cyst could be benign or otherwise, best to let the specialists find that out for you. Get a breast examination done at the soonest.
2. Shortness of breath - this is a very common problem amongst women and is an indicator for cardiac problems, even an impending heart attack. If shortness of breath is a common occurrence, also followed by fatigue, dizziness, etc, schedule a check-up pronto. Chest pain and nausea should be given immediate medical assistance.
3. Inability to sleep - an occasional sleepless night is fine but if this has become a habit and you have major difficulty in falling asleep regularly, this could be an issue. This usually happens to women when they enter menopause. Women need to get ample sleep, and if there are disturbances in your sleep, please consult your doctor.
4. Headaches - frequent headaches which occur at levels which are unbearable are not to be taken lightly. Headaches could be symptoms of stroke, brain infections or tumor or other ailments.
5. Pain in intercourse - sex should not be painful. If it hurts, something is wrong and your body is most likely trying to tell you something. This could be to do with any of the gynecological problems, so better see your ob-gyn soon.
I got married last Nov. We had intercourse on 22 mar and after that she missed her period. As I am not financially sound now, we don't want child know. Kindly suggest me the kind of abortion she could go with. As she is at father s place, she will be coming to my place after one month. After then only we will be able to go for any procedure. Kindly help regarding this.
I am 26 years old married for about 2 years not able to get a child any reasons. I smoke and drink is that the reason why i am not able to get a child.
Actually my periods are irregular from past 4 year now a days when I missed my period time, my weight increase and my body looks so fat I don't know why this is happening. My mother is suffering from thyroid but she is so thin.
I am 24 Year, recently I got marry but in started my periods, periods are irregular. But in few days I checked from the gynac for this problem. But he said you have a PCOS and they told they does not cure properly. Actually I ask for you PCOS is cure or not and I have child but in future problems are getting or not.
After viral fever pot of weakness in my wife body, face looking dark and lose glow, pain in her legs. And she is pregnant so during pregnancy can women take homeopathic alfalfa tonic.
Can travelling affect getting pregnant. I travel for about 2000 kilometers in the week ends can this affect pregnancy or getting pregnant.
Hi, Asking this question is on behalf of my friend. He recently (7 days before) had unprotected sex with his girlfriend, even then also he did not release any thing inside. And this happened after 21 days of her periods. And she has been eating papaya, pineapples and other homely items to stop it. Now they are worried of this situation and trying to take some action before anything happens. Is there any way to stop pregnancy naturally or by using pills. Please suggest. Thanks.
Some of the home remedies for ehrlichiosis include the use of ginger, licorice, and other anti-bacterial products and foods. However, studies consistently argue that medical attention is by far the best solution for curing ehrlichiosis, so be sure to contact a medical professional if you think you are suffering from ehrlichiosis. From there, the home remedies can be used in conjunction with formal treatment, if advised.
Ehrlichiosis is a bacterial infection that is transmitted by the bite of a tick. This condition primarily affects dogs, because they are frequently in wooded areas and brush against reeds and plants where ticks commonly live. However, it can also be transmitted to humans. The intracellular bacteria that infects the body attack white blood cells, which significantly weakens the immune system. If you find a tick on your body, it is best to carefully remove it with tweezers, trying not to squash it, since the bacteria in its body can get onto your skin. Also, make sure that the mouth parts are removed from your skin as well.
Symptoms of ehrlichiosis
The symptoms of ehrlichiosis include fatigue, nausea, muscle aches, high fever, and severe joint and muscle pain. This is common for autoimmune diseases that destroy your white blood cells, because your body tries to show you that it is ill in as many ways as possible at the same time. The immune disruption is the direct cause behind the majority of the symptoms.
The symptoms usually appear 1-2 weeks after the initial bite occurs, which is why it can be difficult to identify, because the tick might have dropped off or died by the time you start seeing symptoms. A rash can sometimes appear faster than other symptoms, but every case seems to be different.
If you are diagnosed with ehrlichiosis, then the best course of action is to consult a medical professional and begin treatment with doxycycline and minocycline, which are used in the vast majority of cases. For people allergic to that class of drugs, there are other pharmaceutical options that can quickly clear up the symptoms. Certain cases are chronic, and this presents a long-term problem for those sufferers, since their immune system being compromised can be ideal for opportunistic infections, like candidiasis. Herbal and natural remedies should be used in conjunction with allopathic remedies, not in place of them.
Home remedies of ehrlichiosis
Ginger and licorice: These two foods have been peripherally connected with ehrlichiosis because they can help to boost the immune system and increase the count of white blood cells in your body. While this is not a cure for the bacterial infection, it can certainly make the symptoms less serious. When taken in conjunction with doxycycline, this can speed up the healing process and get you back on your feet quicker. Licorice and ginger tea is probably the easiest method of adding these to your diet, but there are other dietary applications of those foods, as well.
Tick awareness: Since doxycycline is the primary remedy for this condition, there isn’t much more to say about treatment. However, prevention is also very important. If a tick is found and removed within 36 hours, then there is a drastically diminished chance of contracting ehrlichiosis. After leaving a “tick area”, be sure to thoroughly check your clothes and skin. Also, do a second check at the end of the day, in case the ticks were transferred in your hair or some other object you had with you. If you find a tick, gently squeeze the mouth parts of the tick with tweezers and gently pull it off you skin, being careful not to jerk or tear the mouth parts out. From there, you can either kill the tick in an alcohol solution or save it for a doctor in case you begin to develop symptoms from the bite.
A final word of warning: While this condition is usually not life-threatening, if left untreated, the infection can become quite serious and can then develop into a chronic case of ehrlichiosis, which can be very difficult to eliminate. Therefore, be aware and vigilant of your personal space and how your body feels, particularly after spending time in wooded or “tick-friendly” areas. Many people try to avoid allopathic remedies in lieu of an herbal remedy, but when it comes to a specific bacterial infection like this, taking doxycycline is the fastest, easiest, and safest solution.
Oil pulling - It whitens your teeth, improves your breath, helps your skin and even helps increase energy. So why isn’t everyone doing it?
I’ve been oil pulling for about six months now and, being someone who has always been slightly ocd about oral health, I wanted to share this ayurvedic practice because it genuinely works!
What is it?
Oil pulling is literally the practice of swishing about a tablespoon of oil around your mouth, first thing in a morning (and on an empty stomach in general) for about 15-20 minutes. It originated in india thousands of years ago, but has been increasingly used medically in the us and uk since the 1990s. The idea is that the scummy layer that builds up in your mouth overnight sticks in the oil so you can spit it out. This is different to just brushing your teeth in the morning, where you move the bacteria around your mouth a bit rather than completely removing it.
What are the benefits?
There are many claims worldwide from people who have experienced benefits from oil pulling, including help with skin conditions, arthritis, asthma, headaches, hormone imbalances, infections, liver problems etc. However, the main and direct benefits of oil pulling are:
- Whiter teeth
- Healthier gums
- Less sensitive teeth
- Better breath
- Strengthens teeth, jaw and gums
- Prevents mouth bleeding and diseases
How do I do it?
If this sounds like something you think you’ll benefit from, this is how to get started:
1. Get some oil!
Traditionally, people oil pull with either sesame oil or coconut oil. I now alternate between the two, but I would recommend doing it with coconut oil as it has added health benefits and tastes nice!
2. When you wake up in the morning, before you brush your teeth, get one tablespoon of oil and put it in your mouth.
This might sound like an extra thing to do in the morning, but I find that I wake up and am oil pulling while I get showered/dressed. Once you then spit the oil out, you can brush your teeth. Note: you must swish the oil round your mouth for at least 15 minutes, because otherwise all of the scum won’t get into the oil. You’ll know if you’ve done it right if the oil goes from being clear (when you first put it in your mouth) to being thicker and white.
3. Spit it out into the bin or toilet, not the sink.
When the bacteria is in the oil, it becomes pretty gross (even toxic, some say). So it needs to be spat out where it can be disposed of. Ideally you should spit it into the bin because the oil can clog up the pipes. However, I usually spit it into the toilet, and spray a bit of bathroom cleaner down there before I flush for good measure!
4. Inspect your clean, sparkly teeth and brush your teeth as normal.
It’s as simple as that! I will usually clean my tongue with an ayurvedic tongue scraper after I oil pull, then brush my teeth with a toothpaste without fluoride or sodium laureth sulfate. However, you can just do whatever it is you usually do!