Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha BansalYour feedback matters!
Hi i have Copper iud was inserted by the doctor to my wife as well as she also given duoluton*L pills for one month on dt 21 nov 2016. At present will the intercourse will lead to any pregnancy please answer me.
I have missed my period dates. I am 8 days late. I have done home pregnancy test for three times but all are negative. I am also having abdominal pain and legs pain which I usually experience in pms. Please suggest some medicine to get early periods.
Hello Sir, I am 31 years old married person. I have one child and try to avoid more child on this stage for some years. I don't want to use condom for precaution so could me advice any other type of precaution like tablet which required to take one/two in a month not daily basis. I listen B-gap tablet, its good. When she can take it and when it work start with confidence or before taking it its required to consult. Normally she is perfect.
Unprotected Sex on 4th march, got period on 6 march. Lasted 5 to 6 days. Next period on 11 april. Lasted 4 days. 3rd period on 12 may. But lasted 4 days. 4th period on 14th june. Bleeeded only 3 days and bleeding stopped. Can she still become pregnant for the sex done on 4th charge that is done before 4 periods. Can a pregnant woman have monthly period and still be pregnant?
I am 45 year old women and I not interest in sex my husband forced to me I am did not interest he will fully angry with me lost one year above this problem faced to me what I will do?
I am getting married soon. But my fiancée had already declared that he had few boy friends. How would I understand that whether she had sex or not earlier with anyone? What are the symptoms whether she is virgin or not?
I have intercourse before next period that is menstruation time is 12.8. 15. is it my wife got a pregnant.
It is important that you protect yourself from various types of diseases and infections as much as possible. Female condoms are used to have protected intercourse so as to avoid contact with ejaculatory fluids. These condoms help a person to steer clear of blood, semen and vaginal fluids as well. Female condoms fall under the category of barrier contraceptives. They are considered to be less effective in comparison to male condoms, but are nonetheless good for preventing any kind of infection. Ensuring fine health through safe sex is your due responsibility. Hence, a little knowledge about these contraceptives is helpful if you wish to shun chances of unwanted pregnancy or Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
What is it like?
A female condom looks like an ill fitting hollow cylinder. It is a thin sheath with a closed end, that goes inside the vagina and an open end that remains outside the vagina covering other external, genital parts. The covered end has to be inserted into the vagina or into the anus. It is a misconception, that female condoms can only be used by females. It is predominantly used by females, but can also be used by any receptive partner during sexual intercourse. The ends have circular rings to keep the condom in place.
What are they made of?
Femidoms are usually made up of polyurethane. This material is expensive, making the product costly. The need for a cost effective product was immediately felt to encourage the use of condoms among females. Thus, the next generation of female condoms were made with synthetic Nitrile. Nitrile proved to be a competent substitute as it did away with the annoying noises polyurethane made during sex. It also reduced condom pricing considerably. Researchers have also come up with natural latex female condoms that retain the feel of a male condom.
Benefits of using a female condom
It is a great barrier in thwarting the flow of semen into the womb. Thus, they reduce the risk of accidental pregnancy. It also protects you against sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhoea, Syphilis, and HIV. Sex partners should be careful to refrain from any sexual contact before the insertion of a female condom. Only after the condom has been placed properly, the penis should enter the vagina or the anus. Femidoms are available in varied sizes, but the average sized condom fits most females. Large sized condoms can be used by new mothers. It is advised to buy condoms that bear the CE mark on them. The CE mark represents European Safety Standards and thus, leaves you least vulnerable to accidents or diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Masturbation is a wonderful way to explore your physicality which is healthy as well as beneficial. According to research, women who masturbate regularly are likely to enjoy better sex lives with their partners and are more self confident in nature. Women who indulge in masturbation enjoy a wealth of physical as well as mental health benefits. Following are the benefits that you should be aware of:
Physical benefits of female masturbation
- Prevention of infections: Female masturbation is very important as it prevents cervical infections and also relieves you from infections in the urinary tract. Recent studies suggest that masturbation helps relieve you from pain caused by urinary tract infections. It lubricates the vagina and eliminates harmful bacteria from the cervix.
- Better cardiovascular health: Masturbating promotes improvement in cardiovascular health and also effectively lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It has been observed that women who masturbate regularly are less vulnerable to coronary heart disease and overall have a better immune system.
- Prevents insomnia: Masturbation can be a natural way to prevent insomnia as there is a subsequent release of hormones and stress involved. During masturbation the hormone called Dopamine increases as the process reaches climax. After orgasm, the hormones called oxytocin are released along with endorphins which consequently help you to sleep better.
Psychological or mental benefits of masturbation
- Improves mood and busts stress: Masturbation helps you get rid of depressed feelings and in turn positively affects your sexual life with your partner. It improves your mood and is considered an effective stress buster without any associated side effects.
- Helps you accept yourself: Accepting your sexuality is very important as it makes you aware of your body and makes you comfortable with it. It strengthens your love for yourself and increases your confidence. Paying attention to your sexual desires and fulfilling them yourselves is pleasurable as well as healthy. Masturbation can help you know your physical needs and relieve stress associated to your personal and professional life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have 33 years I have 5 month miscarriages in 26 jan 2015 .Now 2 months later I am again pregnant so any risk of pregnancy?
I'm 27 years old female. I had unprotected sex with my husband on 20th of may and again on 25th my last period was on 8th of may. So can I do pregnancy test at home with prega kit. Will I get the result. Please suggest.
I am a 20 years old female. I took regestrone (2-3 times a day) starting 3-4 days before my periods were due because my date of planned sex and periods coincided. I stopped the regestrone the day of sex. We had protected sex (multiple times) at night and I took an emergency contraceptive in the afternoon after sex just to be extra sure. However my BMI is 33.8 and I've read that the morning after pill isn't effective for obese women. I got my periods (quite light) a week later. It's the next month now and I'm 5-6 days overdue. Could I be pregnant?
My wife 24 year old suffering diabetes since 2005. Taking insulin 30/70 & Hum-insulin on three time in a day 20-20-30. One month before her HbA1C reading was 9.5 Now we want to conceive kindly suggest. Thanks
I am having urine infection since marriage of three months. Does it effect In conceiving a child as I didn't conciev since three months of unprotected intercourse.
Hi,I got married three months back. 3 days before my wife had severe pain on her back, left abdomen, abdomen, knee and leg. Also had white discharge. We went to a gynaecologist and she said that my wife got infection in the uterus and it is usual in newly married couples. She prescribed two tablets paracetamol (sumol 650) and Cefixime dispersible tablet (Asert 200) and a ointment for the back pain. She had it for last 3 days. Still now my wife is having the pain (not in abdomen but back and legs) and whenever the pain occurs her body temperature is also increasing. She can't bear the pain. The gynae asked us to come after 5 days. Is it curable, How long will the pain remain?
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be
- Urinary tract infections is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.