Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manisha Acharya
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha AcharyaYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I am 23 year old boy & preparing for Banking Sector. I am spend around 6-8 hours daily on computer for study & exam tests. I feel my eyes dry. Please suggest me any natural exercise & diet for eyes & also for brain food & exercises.
I have yellow eye from last few days and lightly fever or body feel weakness. What is the solution of this problem?
Why I am so coward, I get scared easily, I i get fear easily, I avoid confrontation, in school days people used to beat me and I used to say nothing to them ,why I do not have confidence to beat them, is this due to poor self esteem or lack of confidence I have a squint in my eyes and even if a small child tease me or say something me I get hurt easily, why I am so morally weak, why I am born such morally weak.Please tell.
Are you suffering from eye pain? Well, rubbing your eyes is not a wise thing to do under such circumstances. Rubbing will only turn the white of your eye into a scarlet-colored surface. The eyes can get irritated due to the influence of foreign materials like dust particles, flies or remains of beauty products. The eyes also develop pain due to physical injury. Here are some tips to get rid of the eye pain or irritation:
- Use Ice pack: In case of an injury, apply ice pack on the eyes. Cold compression on the eyes for 15 minutes reduces any sort of pain or swelling.
- Cry to smile: Tears are known to have positive effects on the eyes. They prevent the drying up of cornea. It is advisable to bathe the eye with artificial tears.
- Compress your eyes: It is advisable to soak a washcloth in warm water and compress your eyes with that to get relief from pain in sty. Sty is an infection of the eyelid, which reddens the lids and causes pain. Warm compression helps in liquefaction of the oils in the eyes.
- Wash your eye: Irritation or pain is also caused by dust particles in the eyes. Therefore, it is best to wash your eyes with saline solution. Don't use normal tap water or distilled water for washing your eyes.
- Get rid of the invader: Try to remove or dislodge any fleck or speck 'the cause of pain' by using a cotton swab.
- Try the cold treatment: It has been found that dry eyes can be treated best by cold application. Apply a pack of ice on dry eyes for 5 to 6 minutes in every two hours. This helps in reducing the pain and forms tears to keep the eyes moist.
- Flip your eyelids: Try to remove the painful particle inside the eyes by pulling the eyelids. Pull the upper lid gently over the lower one so that the foreign particle comes out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
LASIK, Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis, aims at correcting the shape of the cornea, which is the transparent layer that lines the front of the eye. Through this procedure, the cornea is reshaped so that the retina receives a focused light.
When do you need this surgery?
This surgical procedure is ideal for people having following conditions, making spectacle use mandatory:
- Hypermetropia or farsightedness - Close objects appear indistinct
- Myopia or nearsightedness - Far off objects appears blurry
- Astigmatism - Overall fuzzy vision
Advantages of LASIK:
Biggest advantage of LASIK is that it helps people to get rid of glasses and contact lenses, which sometimes are cosmetically unacceptable and in some cases are visually disabling.
Best part of LASIK is that it is:
- Has a high success rate ( success rate is 96%)
- Quick (total duration of surgery is hardly 5 minutes) and virtually painless
- Adjustments can be made years later to alter the vision as per growing impairment in the future and advancing years
- Does not require bandages or stitches
Who can go for LASIK:
Any person 18 years or older who fulfils the following criteria can undergo Lasik surgery
- Stable refraction
- Dilated retinal examination should be normal
- Corneal thickness and topography should be in normal range
- Adequately wet eyes