Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manish Kumar
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manish KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I got my dental surgery done yesterday where my wisdom tooth was removed after surgery. How long would it take for these stitches to dry. I also have issues with jaw movement as it starts giving pain. What would recommend me to do during this period. What can I eat during this period. Thank you.
Sir my front two big teeth had been changing slightly dull black in colour in between two. How to correct that sir please guide me.
My questions is. My right side teeth root canal in process. So which cap is better for teeth. Metal or ceramic?
Hiiii doc! I am a teenager. And I got horrible cavities. Can I cure it in this stage without any medical help?
My teeth is alway bleeding and smell very bad when I am brushing my teeth it start bleeding. How can I get rid of it?
I am male 25 age. I had severe sensitivity in my teeth. dentists advice me to have wisdom tooth extraction/surgery .last to last week he removed lower right wisdom tooth and had stitches in my mouth. Last week he removed stitches and advice to take Flexon Mr. for pain. Still now I had severe sharp pain in my teeth even when I am drinking water I feel severe pain at that side. I am not eating from right side. I am very much in pain. I visit my dentist nd he told der is no symptom of dry socket. Still I am having severe pain and he advice me to take Flexon Mr. 3 times. I smoke 2 -3 cigarettes per day but I do no chew tobacco or masala. I am concerned is this a sign of mouth cancer or like anything .Please help me. I am in tension please.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.