Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manish Kumar AroraYour feedback matters!
Hii my son is 23 months old. He is 11 kgs now. He not at all eating food. He always asks for milk. Except milk he is not eating anything. We consulted doctor for this and he said there is no medicine to make him hungry. Need to try giving him food. What should I do to make him hungry and eat food. Please suggest im much worried.
My daughter is 15 months old. She is having mother feed n do not want to discontinue. I want to know that till what age I can feed her.
After DPT vaccination fever of my 3.5 months old baby weighing 5.9 kg raised to 101. Dr. Asked to give 2 ml of ibugesic plus as fever was not dropping with other paracetamol syrup Now I have read on internet Ibugesic plus is not safe for infants below 1 year. I am very much worried will it harm my baby?
My baby is suffering from loose motion from 2-3 days. She is doing 5-6 times in a day. What is the remedy (if there's home remedy)?
I have a baby of nine months , he is getting his teeth .As a mother what should I do make him feel relaxed. Is any medicine to be given or not?
Hi mam my son is 1 years 6 months old. But he is not eating food well. please suggest me some recipes that baby could enjoy and eat.
I think that I have ADHD because I am short tempered, sometimes I get depressed, I goes slow in studies, sometimes I feel lack of awareness while talking so at that time I get teased by friends. But I am ambitious, innovative, and I am not so much forgetful. Please help me that how I can improve my studies with 100% concentration.
Doctor sahab my baby is not gaining weight properly or not eating anything is the one of the major complain in any parenting forum and in my clinic also. This blog is dedicated to those parents who always concerned about baby weight. I will try to cover all step by step. This post is only for exclusive breast feeding baby means below 6 months of age baby. At birth baby weight should be approximately 3kg or more than that. Less than 2.5 kg is low birth weight. Babies lost there weight in initial days and regain there birth weigh around 10th to 14 th day of life. In first 3 months growth rate is approximately 25 to 30 gm per day after that it will increase @ 400 gms per month till 1 year. Weight will double at 5 months and triple at 1 year. Usually we compare our baby weight with others and get frustrated our baby is not healthy. We expect chubby photogenic baby. So here I will try to explain the whole story.
Let's start from the very beginning the story start the day we decide to have a baby. Maternal nutritional status and medical fitness have a mojour role. Single infection can cause low birth weight baby or preterm. In us dental infection is one of the majour cause of preterm baby. We adviced to consult couples before and after pregnancy for any problem. You can have folic acid 3monthes before concepction. Mother, short interval of previous pregnancy, maternal hemoglobin level, nutritional status, high bp (pih, viral infection, bleeding per vaginal, chromosomal abnormalities can be cause of low birth wight, prematuered or iugr baby. Women should have healthy food, do some light exercise and try to live stress free life.
In second part of story baby born with certain weight and maturity. Weight less than 2.5 kg is low birth weight and birth before 37 weeks called premature baby. Baby weight gain is mostly affected by recurrent infection and feeding and temperature for initial days.
Too hot or too cold weather can affect weight. Try to wear one extra clothes what we are wearing like if we are comfortable in half shirt we can wear him full shirt or if we are comfortable in full shirt we can wear him a half sweater more. In winter we have wear him cap and shocks but in summer only cotton jhabla is sufficient.
New born babies had low immunity so chances of infection is much more. To prevent infection you should remember these things
- try to touch baby after hand wash and try to not touch the above the wrist joint. We touch by infected hand and baby keep the same hand in his mouth get stomach infection.
- don't give any antibiotics without without consulting doctor and complete full course of antibiotics
- immunize your child as per schedule.
- avoid bottle feed if possible and if you are using it should be properly sterilized.
Exclusive breast feeding is adviced till 6 months. There is either problem in milk production and ejection or technique of feeding.
- Milk production and ejection: Milk production is controlled by prolactin harmone. For most part of milk production is use it or loose it process. The more often baby nurse the more milk you make. Oxytocin harmone is responsible for milk ejection. Suckling, thought of the baby, sound and sight of
- Baby stimulate milk ejection: Stress is the major suppress of milk ejection. Plenty of water, milk, apricot, poppy seed, papaya, oatmeal, carrot, bottle ground, funnel seed, basal leaf, can be used to augmentation of milk production.
- Breast feeding: Proper positioning and attachment is necessary for successful breast feeding. Try to feed baby with one breast at a time so baby can get for milk and hind milk both. For flat or inverted nipple can be corrected by syringing method. Tounge tie or fungal infection can be cause of improper feeding. Feed your baby on demand or every 2hr. If baby satisfied he should sleep 2 to 3 hrs after feeding, passes 6 to 8 time urine. 5 to10 min sufficient for feeding if your baby takes half an hour means you had less milk production. Initial 3monthes feeding frequency8 to10 times day after 7 to 8 times a day may be sufficient.
- Condition related to baby: For preterm and low birth weight kangaroo mother care is very useful. Where baby is kept in vertical position between the mother breast under the clothes so both skin can be in touch. You have to keep baby at least 1 to 2 hrs in a single sitting and as long as you can. It helping milk production and weight gain of baby. Repeated infection of respiratory tract, stomach infection, urinary tract infection, some congenital infection, metabolic disorder may cause slow weight gain. Neurological insult during delivery may cause slow weight gain with delayed mile stones.
- Motherhood is a great honor and privilage: It is the most challenging and utmost satisfying job, and as in every job first year is most difficult one with less paying with no vacation. As a man we never understand these things. So big salaute to those moms who day and night care there baby and wish best of luck.
My son is now three and half years old but his weight is just 10kg. He is a premature baby. I'm giving him healthy food like nendrampalam, eggs, Milk, Rice, Dall, vegetables, fruits, pediasure etc. Often He getting sick like fever and cold. After that his weight is decreasing half to one kilograms. He is looking like two years old child. Please tell me how to increase his weight.
My grandson is 2 years and 4 months - good hight and fairly good active mode - only complaint is less intake - no voulentary intention to have food- every day compulsory feeding is must. What should be the strategy?
Sir, my daughter is 8 years old. She always complain about a pain in her stomach. Could you pls tell me the possible reason for this n what will be the remedy for the same.
My cousin sister is 8 years old, from last 7-8 months I have observing different changes in her behavior. She do not gell up with kids at school, apart from that, she have even started getting jealous with the others, if her parents give attention to some other child, though she is the only child. As per what I have observed, the jealousy or insecurity she faces is with the child of same gender (ex. If her parents gifts anything to any girl, she starts crying loud, or even if they talk to any other kid politely, even then there is a trouble.(i have not seen the same for the other sex). I am very much worried because few months back, it never happened & now this thing is at its pace.
After DPT vaccination fever of my 3.5 months old baby weighing 5.9 kg raised to 101. Dr. Asked to give 2 ml of ibugesic plus as fever was not dropping with other paracetamol syrup. I have given him 2 ml but now I have read on internet Ibugesic plus is not safe for infants below 1 year. I am very much worried will it harm my baby as I have given him single dose.
Hi my baby girl is 1 week old, her weight is 2.5kg I know it's normal but I want to increase her weight please advice some medicines.
Diabetes is caused due to hormonal imbalance in our bodies. When the equilibrium between insulin and glucagon (hormones related to the sugar levels in the body) is disturbed, an individual suffers from diabetes. The disease is of two types: Diabete mellitus (Type-I and Type II) and Diabetes insipidus. When your body fails to release adequate insulin, the food that we consume is not properly converted into sugar or glucose. This is Type-I diabetes. On the contrary, if body releases defective insulin, one suffers from Type-II diabetes. Type-1 diabetes is sometimes called juvenile diabetes, or insulin-dependent diabetes. Type 1 occurs more frequently in children and young adults, but accounts for only 5-10% of the total diabetes cases nationwide. The basic symptoms of diabetes include changing sugar levels, excessive urination, thirst, weight loss and a lack of energy. Diabetes is caused due to a number of factors, ranging from environmental matters or hereditary links.
Homeopathic Remedies for Diabetes
Diabetes requires prolonged treatment. Long exposure to allopathic drugs can hamper your body organs due to its side effects. Therefore, it is advisable to take up homeopathic remedies, which have a long lasting effect on the patient. These medicines don’t cause side effects. Here are some of the remedies:
- Uranium nitrate: This compound reduces the sugar levels in the bloodstream and also keeps a check on frequent urination. It is prescribed for patients who develop the disease due to assimilative derangements. The symptoms that are looked for while prescribing medicines containing this compound include digestion problem, languor and debility, excess sugar in urine, huge appetite and thirst.
- Phosphoric acid: This compound is best for the treatment of diabetes that has a nervous origin. The symptoms that are looked for include excess urine and the colour of the urine is milky; poor mental force and general lethargy. The patient can also develop a bruised feeling in the muscles.
- Phosphorus: This compound is given to patients, suffering from diabetes and pancreatic diseases, especially tuberculosis or gouty diathesis. The symptoms include dry mouth, dark and watery stool and restlessness.
- Lactic acid: It is helpful for treating gastrohepatic type of diabetes. The symptoms that will have to be present in the patient include light yellow coloured urine, dry skin and tongue, thirst, nausea, and costive bowels.
- Insulin: Insulin therapy is an important as it helps in maintaining a balance in the sugar levels and keeps the urine free from sugar.
My son who is 3 months old has a reflux immediately after a feed every time. Is this a matter of concern?
My baby is 4 month old and he had red rashes around the neck so one pediatrician suggest me cluster-gm tube. I applied and redness is absolutely clear but skin gets white which is looking very bad. Then I consult one of my friend dermatologist and she suggest me topisone m cream. Now please suggest should I apply this cream on my baby's skin or not. This time I don't want take a chance. Its very urgent please advice me.
My daughter nupur is suffering from dry cough frm last week. I went a clinic and checked her by doc. And complete d medecine. Bt problem is remain pls help me.
What is the normal range of haemoglobin in 2 years baby boy? Pls answer. 10. 00Gms/dl is normal for 2 years baby boy. Is it healthy or not?
Signs and symptoms of diabetes in children-
I’m Dr IPS Kochar, a diabetologist and pediatric endocrinologist. Today, I will be talking about diabetes in children.
Diabetes in children is becoming a big problem in children nowadays. More and more patients are coming up type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Parents are not ready to accept that my child is having diabetes. It’s increasing problems in lifestyle. Obesity is one factor in type 2 diabetes. In type 1 diabetes if the child is losing weight there is excessive urination, bed wetting, excessive thirst, infection or vaginal infection, One must start thinking that the child is having diabetes.
In type 1 diabetes, the treatment is only insulin. One should start insulin and there is not any requirement to visit many doctors. In case 1 diabetes you have to take insulin lifelong. The symptoms start becoming better once the child is put on insulin. The urination the excessive thirst all becomes better. Fourth it is not in the family that if the father and the mother does not have diabetes why the child got diabetes. Type 1 diabetes is not genetic, it is type 2 diabetes. There are lots of new devices that have come up lot of new insulin has come up. New insulin pump has come up for children to control diabetes and have a new lifestyle and better flexibility. Diet is a very important thing that plays a myth. Children with diabetes can have a normal diet, they can have sugary things and sweets, but within limits and when they are taking insulin.
Taking a good balanced diet is equally important in children, they are growing they are in puberty and they are more prone to hyperglycemia. They are more prone to have ketoacidosis so that is why one has to be more careful while diabetic. Many of the kids are becoming more over weight and becoming more diabetic. The weight is starting increasing and they are earlier signs that the child is getting into diabetes. Because of the weight epidemic the type 2 diabetes is increasing.
- Controlling of the diet is very important in controlling diabetes.
- The intake of food should be decreased, more careful about the lifestyle, physical exercise, regular diet control, fixing the amount of calorie intake, less sweetened fruits and foods and beverages.
- If you have very sweet fruits also you will have the problem.
- Avoiding all drinks and juices should be made a point especially the intake of milk products should also be decreased.
So in type 2 diabetes, lots of good physical exercise good diet control and may be in some children using some tablet called metformin helps in children to control diabetes.
In type 1 diabetes, insulin is required and must. In some children when they pass urine the ants start collecting it is type 1 diabetes. If the child is losing weight in spite of eating properly there are chances of type 2 diabetes. If the child is feeling tired there are chances of type 1 diabetes. If the child is passing excessive urine and wetting bed, eating food and still losing weight then there is a chance of type 1 diabetes. These symptoms one must keep in mind and always be careful if you find. If the family doesn’t have the child can have diabetes because it is normally an auto known process. If your child has type 1 diabetes you should visit a pediatric endocrinologist.
If you have any queries you can contact me on lybrate.