Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manish Kumar Arora
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manish Kumar AroraYour feedback matters!
My niece is 6 years old when she was 2 years old from that time till now whenever she sleep there is a blood type water comes from her ear. Only that time when she sleep. These days she is feeling headache and she feels pain when she touch her hair. What is this problem.
My baby boy 3 year old .he is suffering from fever in the frequency of every 15-20 days. After so many medicine and test also we are not able to find out the reason. All test report are normal only vit d3 is very less slitly hemoglobin is less. And his weight is 13.5 kg only. Can any buddy suggest what we should do to get my child healthy .if any test required may please suggest.
My son is 18 months old. He has not started eating much food. It seems it depends on his mood. If he is in mood, he eats otherwise not. And mainly depends on his mothers feeding. I am confused whether to go for any check up or anything else ?
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.
Hello docs. My new born baby is caught in cold. What can I do. Any treatment. She is 1 month and 5 days old. Kindly reply with all available options. Pls.
My son of 4 years weighing 14 kg has been diagnosed with urine infection of proteins mirabilis. He is given piptaz 1.4 gm twice daily and omnikacin 150 mg through IV for 10 days. So a canula has been inserted in his hands. Considering his age can you please guide what could be the possible reason of this infection and whether this is recurring. What can I do to prevent the side effects of these medicines on him and make him healthy.
My girl is one month old and is on partial top feed. She is uncomfortable since last 4-5 days - vomiting milk back after 5-10 mins of feed and keep spitting and cries as if she is having pain in stomach or somewhere.
I gave birth to a boy on the 24 week1day of pregnancy. 760grms weight. Now in ICU. Have any problem in future?
My daughter is about to be 1 year old, and she is having cold cough in her chest. Doctor has advised Asthalin 5 ml morning and evening. I would like to know for what purpose Asthalin is used, and is it advisable to give such a small kid.
We are in singapore here where we are staying there is lots of ants and small insects. My 9 month old baby is having small red patches on his body. I don't understand whether it is chickenpox or because of any insects.
My daughter born on 02 August 2016, preterm, 36 w 6 days, 1.92 kg. We are bottle feeding her expressed milk since she wouldn't direct breastfeed. After 15 days, we gave her 1 feed of formula after which she threw up after 2-3 hrs. Since then she vomited 2-3 times continuously. And at 4th feed, she was hungry like anything but refused to take feed by bottle or spoon. She spit milk from her throat and does not swallow. Before this issue, she used to take expressed milk by bottle and had hiccups after feeds. She also seems to have some issue with her throat and has difficulty swallowing. We have given her formula feed one more time after that, and have observed that her reflux problem aggravates after feeding formula. But during her time in hospital she was only fed on formula for 3 days, and seemed to have no issues. After discharge from hospital, at home she was fed expressed milk and seemed to be fine till 15th day apart from minor gas issues. She has also become more finicky due to this ongoing issue and opens her mouth as if wants to vomit frequently. Also she takes less milk feed than usual when has more problem as if she has some issue in her throat and stomach. She also seems to have certain kind of irritation in her throat as her sound is becoming more harsh.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated for the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder?
My daughter was born on 7-12-17. At the time of birth her calvical born got fractured. Now after a month she is moving her arm from shoulder once in a while but she is not moving her arm from below elbow.
My nephew is very naughty and he don't obey us. We will not want beat him but he is so naughty boy how we control him.
My daughter is 16 year old. She has dust allergy and asthmatic problem. She faces this problem more in april and october. Now she has cough and breathing problem. She is taking 2 puf of asthmatic since 4 days and Grilinctus BM syrup three times. We want permanent cure. Homeopathic medicine like netself 30 and ars 200 in liquid solution (4 drop in 500 ml) also given to her regularly. Kindly suggest the homeopathic medicine so she become permanent cure also inform whether is is given along with english medicine. My daughter is 16 year old. She has dust allergy and asthmatic problem. She faces this problem more in april and october. Now she has cough and breathing problem. She is taking 2 puf of asthmatic since 4 days and Grilinctus BM syrup three times. We want permanent cure. Homeopathic medicine like netself 30 and ars 200 in liquid solution (4 drop in 500 ml) also given to her regularly. Kindly suggest the homeopathic medicine so she become permanent cure also inform whether is is given along with english medicine.
Hello Drs. My 6 and half year old younger daughter is still unable to understand the normal life. As per blood test and all she used medicines like SOMAZINA, LEVIPIL, ATTENTROL AND SYP BRAINWISE ETC., FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS, PHYSICALLY SHE SO CUTE AND NOBODY CAN IMAGINE THAT SHE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND. SHE ONLY SPEAKS MUMMY, PAPA NANNI LIKE THAT. SPEECH THERAPY ALSO DONE FOR ONE AND HALF YEARS BUT NOT SATISFIED RESULT. DR TOLD SHE WAS ATTACKED BY RUBELA VIRUS. MY QUESTION IS VERY SIMPLE , THAT CAN SHE SPEAK AND CAN LIVE LIKE A NORMAL KIDS? PLS ADVISE
My baby is 9 months old ,can I start giving him non vegetarian foods. Will it give him digestion? Can I give him health mix if yes, what are ingredients that are to added in it?
Your baby's skin is soft and sensitive. Being cautious can reduce the chances of skin infections, but it doesn't in any way refute the possibility altogether. Hence, you must be overly careful. Your baby could face intense discomfort if you happen to neglect the appearance of diaper rashes. Persistent rashes on your baby's bottom can make him or her irritable. Look into the causes and remedies of diaper rash in children to keep your baby cheerful.
Causes of Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Friction and lack of air circulation between the skin and the diaper can make your baby suffer from rashes. Make sure the baby doesn't rub against a diaper for too long; existing rashes can go worse in that case.
- You should never let your child remain in a dirty diaper for more than a while. A dirty diaper increases the risk of bacterial infections on your baby's bottom.
- Skin chafing could also be the reason behind diaper rashes.
- Yeast infections could surface in the form of rashes on a baby's bottom. Yeast or fungus is present in small amounts in every person's body. It can be easily developed in the moist yet warm atmosphere of a child's diaper. Being the mother, if you are on medications, your child's chances of contracting skin rashes is likely to be more. The side effects show in children as they are breastfed.
Ways to Treat Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Each time a diaper is changed; the area must be washed with lukewarm water and cleaned with a soft piece of cloth. The area should then be dried completely. It is best to avoid soaps as they can be harsh on sensitive skin.
- Applying ointments or petroleum jelly can soothe diaper rash. Powder can keep the area dry; it can also remedy itching.
- Feed your child liquids like cranberry juice; it makes his or her urine less concentrated. Concentrated urine can cause severe bacterial infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.