Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. manish
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. manishYour feedback matters!
Kindly state Name of saliva substitute Gel so that we can purchase from market. And also kindly tell how to use this gel. Thank you Dr.
I am 21 year old. I have Pairia in my teeth I lost my one piece of teeth back side. please suggest me something.
Hello, I have done my root canal and crowning of my molars on february 2016. Since then I do not hsve any issue in taking hot or cold food. But from may onwards when I take hot meals, I get a sensitive ache on my crowned tooth. I do not have any problem with cold food. The dentist who had done the crowning of ceramic tooth told that the tooth will be having a warranty upto 10 years. What is the problem? Root canal is perfectly done by an expert.
I am 23 years old. I have too many cavities in my teeth. Though I do regular brush once in a day. Sometimes its very painful. Please help whats the best treatment.
Please suggest some home remedy other than scaling and whitening for removing yellow stains from tooth and make it white again.
A root canal is a treatment to repair and save a badly damaged or infected tooth. The procedure involves removing the damaged area of the tooth (the pulp), cleaning and disinfecting it and then filling and sealing it. The common causes affecting the pulp are a cracked tooth, a deep cavity, repeated dental treatment to the tooth or trauma. The term "root canal" comes from cleaning of the canals inside the tooth's root. Millions of teeth are treated and saved each year with root canal, or endodontic, treatment. Learn more about root canal treatment and how it can relieve your tooth pain and save your smile.
- A root canal procedure begins with an X-ray to determine the shape of the root canals and whether the infection has spread to the adjoining bone.
- Local anesthesia is then administered to numb the affected area.
- A rubber sheet is then placed around the tooth to keep the area and prevent it from the saliva.
- A hole is then drilled in the affected tooth, following which the decayed pulp and nerve tissues are removed.
- The removal is done by using root canal files which are inserted into the hole and then used to scrape and scrub the insides of the tooth.
- After the scraping, water is used to clean and flush out the debris.
- After the tooth is cleaned, it is sealed after administering medications to prevent infection.
- The sealing process involves filling the inner portion of the teeth by a rubber based compound and a sealer paste.
Modern endodontic treatment is very similar to having a routine filling and usually can be completed in one or two appointments, depending on the condition of your tooth and your personal circumstances. You can expect a comfortable experience during and after your appointment. Saving the natural tooth with root canal treatment has many advantages:
- Efficient chewing
- Normal biting force and sensation
- Natural appearance
- Protects other teeth from excessive wear or strain
- Once the surgery is done, the tooth may become sensitive due to inflammation of the tissues for the first few days.
- This pain and inflammation can be limited by pain medications such as ibuprofen.
- It is advised to avoid any chewing by the affected teeth as it can slow down the repair process. You can brush and floss your teeth regularly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!