Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manik Mittal
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Cataract
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Retinal Eye Disorders
Treatment of Eye Itching
Submit a review for Dr. Manik MittalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Manik Mittal provides answers that are professional, caring, inspiring, nurturing and sensible. Thanks kindly Doctor!..I am in Thailand and just wanted to voice my feelings and I did just that!..Yes I am tight control of follow up on IOP.... Strange things is 3 Different readins in 3 months are variable!!.From 15/16.....16/17....19/20 on Goldman's.. but on Tonometers 14/15. 15/16...16/17??in process of changing eye drops too...my Professional Proffesor prescribed Cosopt with Taflotan. cosopt made me ill in 3 days..so I stopped...Am going tohave IOP
If you are diabetic then it is important that you visit your ophthalmologist for regular check-ups. Diabetes is known to be one of main causes for blindness across all age groups. If you suffer from bouts of blurred vision then it is not likely due to a long term vision problem. It is temporary and usually occurs due to fluctuating blood sugar levels in the body.
How diabetes affects your eyes?
The lens of your eyes can swell if you are a diabetic, and this can impair your ability to see causing blurry vision. In order to rectify this problem, it is important for you to get your blood sugar levels under optimal levels. This entire procedure of reducing blood sugar levels may take three months or more.
Eye problems that are caused by diabetes-
The major eye problems that can occur due to diabetes are-
- Cataract: Cataract occurs when the lens of your eyes become foggy or cloudy. Although cataract mostly occurs to people who are middle aged or above sixty, you can get affected by this disorder at an earlier age if you are diabetic. Also, the deterioration or clouding of the lens progresses at a much faster rate than usual. Cataracts lead to an inability to focus as the retina is covered by cloudy layer.
- Glaucoma: This is another disorder that can occur due to diabetes. This is characterized by the buildup of pressure in the eye due to the fluids within it not draining properly. This intense pressure damages the nerves and blood vessels in the eyes, thus impairing your ability to see.
- Diabetic Retinopathy: Diabetic retinopathy is a disorder characterized by damage to the vessels in the retina that carry blood. It can occur if you have either of the type 2 or type 1 diabetes. If not treated in time it can lead to blindness.
If you have a history of diabetes or even borderline diabetic tendencies, it is highly advisable to constantly check your blood sugar levels and also get your eye checked at regular intervals, especially if you feel even the minutest vision problems.
My eyes is suffering from squint and my eye bal keep shaking. Can this be treated? How long and what is the price for surgery?
I am a patient of primary sjogren's symptoms since 2012. Now I have problem in eyes and mouth since 2012 and I have problem in legs joint in walking .what to done to cured from this doses.
The eyes are such a complex structure that even minute changes in the extremely complicated internal structure affects the most important function of the eye, vision. And anyone with a vision problem can vouch for the extent of effect it has on the quality of life. Whether you are able to see only things at a close distance or far off, it is definitely difficult.
The good news, however, is that with the thorough understanding of the eye’s structure, these abnormalities can be corrected and absolutely normal vision can be restored. While surgery was the only mode of correction a few decades ago, but laser has come to rescue, especially in intricate structures like the eye.
LASIK is an abbreviation for laser in-situ keratomileusis. This is the most common and popular method to correct vision in errors of refraction. In all these conditions (as below), the cornea which is the clear portion in the front of the eye is affected.
The light passes through the cornea, lens and falls on the back of the eye ( retina), where an image is created, sent to the brain where it is reversed, and this is what we ‘see.’ Each of these parts have to be in perfect condition in order to produce this proper sight. Errors of refraction fall into three main categories.
- Nearsightedness: There is difficulty in seeing far off objects, so road signs and boards are difficult to follow. Seeing objects that are closer is not affected. Most important cause is excessive staring into computer monitors.
- Farsightedness: The person has difficulty seeing things that are nearby and has to hold them at a distance for clarity.
- Astigmatism: Light rays merge to focus on multiple points either in front of or behind the retina. Normally, however, they should focus on a single point on the retina. There could be blurred vision, squinting, and eye strain.
What is done?
During the laser surgical procedure, ultraviolet laser beam is directed at the cornea. It is reshaped - made thinner in nearsightedness, elongated in farsightedness, and restoring the normal shape in astigmatism. This ensures that light is focused properly on the retina, producing sharp images and restoring vision.
- Success rate as high as 96% - most patients no longer need the glasses or contacts they were using earlier
- Minimal pain
- Immediate correction of vision
- No stitches required
- No Visible Scar
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!