Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi I just had four tablets of siphene100 and one is still left. But due to some reasons we have to postpone our plans to have a baby and I would like to go back to my contraceptive pills. Can I start my pills right away and how long will it take for them to be effective?
I'm 25. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. I missed my periods. My pregnancy test is positive. I want to have periods. Please suggest me medicines which can help me out.
Hi my baby is 2.5 months Will making him sleep on sides misshapen his head as said by the elders at home? Is breastfeeding while lying down safe?
STDs or sexually transmitted diseases refer to medical conditions that are contracted through engaging in sexual acts with a person who has an STD. These diseases spread though sexual activities that involve the penis, vagina, mouth or anus and occur commonly among those who are sexually active, especially with multiple partners.
STDs are usually severe conditions that require proper medical diagnosis and treatment. The kind of treatment method used depends on the nature of the condition.
The important thing to understand and know is that these STDs can be prevented.
3 ways of preventing STDS are:
- Practice safe sex: Use a latex condom every time you have sex and use a water-based lubricant. If your sex life involves intercourse, anal or vaginal, make up your mind to never have sex without a condom. If you or your partner is at a high risk of STDs, be consistent about barrier use during oral sex as well. Avoid sharing towels or underclothing to reduce the risk of an STD. Check the expiration date of the condom and make sure that it has an air bubble, which shows it has not been punctured. Dispose the condom properly and never reuse it.
- Don't drink alcohol or use drugs before sex: It's impossible to make responsible choices about your sex life under the influence of drugs or alcohol. When you are under the influence of any one of them, you are not in your mind and are likelier to choose a partner you wouldn't have picked otherwise. In that case, you may be at a higher risk of contracting an STD. Also, if you are on birth control pills and you vomit, the pills could lose some effectiveness.
- Precautions before sex: There are some things you can do to reduce your risk of contracting STDs before sex. This include limiting the number of sexual partners, talking honestly with partners about your sexual history, getting tested, along with your partner, before having sex, getting timely vaccination against HPV and HBV. If you have been diagnosed with an STD you should tell your partner about it and also explicitly ask your partner about the same.
I had unprotected sex on 21st of april and I took unwanted 72 at the 70th hour. then I had my periods on 2nd of may for two days which are my normal menstruation. And now in this month I am not getting my periods. I am tensed. Please help.
Hello Doc, I am 19 years old. I had a protected sex with my boyfriend today morning approx. We had sex before were he used condom but it got break. I had a emergency pills after 3 hrs so that time I was safe. This time We had a sex and he was more protective this time. He used 3 condoms at a time and when he understand that his sperms are getting out he immediately stopped inter-coursing. I didn't have a pills later. I was not eating for 3 days 2 days before our sex. Now my problem is I'm losing my consciousness after few hours. I sugar, I had good amount of food, but still I'm losing my consciousness. I want your suggestion what is it all about. And is it OK or it is a serious issue.
Salivary gland produce saliva, which keeps the mouth hydrated. It softens and moistens the food that you chew while eating. Saliva also has a slight digestive function. Most of the times, tumors that form on the glands are noncancerous. But sometimes, they might be cancerous. There are three main salivary: parotid glands, submandibular glands and sublingual glands.
Salivary gland cancer falls under the category of mouth cancers. The symptoms of salivary gland cancer include:
- A lump or mass in the neck, face or mouth.
- Pain in one area of the face, mouth or neck (know more about to deal with neck pain)
- There is a noticeable difference in the shape or size of the right and the left sides of the face.
- Feeling numb and weakness on either side of the face.
The risks of salivary gland cancer are as follows:
- Exposure to industrial radioactive chemicals
- Diets high in animal fat but very low in vegetables and fruits
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking, or chewing tobacco
- Genetics or hereditary factors
The two most Ayurvedic treatment for salivary gland tumours are Arogyavardhini Vati and Punarnavadi Guggulu:
- Arogyavardhini Vati: Arogyavardhini Vati is the best Ayurvedic remedy for digestive conditions. Salivary gland tumors do end up affecting digestion. This remedy is beneficial for such. Arogyavardhini must be taken cautiously since it has potent metal (mercury, sulphur, iron, mica and copper) ingredients. It balances the vata, kapha and pitta doshas in the body. Do not take this medicine if you're pregnant or lactating.
- Punarnavadi Guggulu: Punarnavadi Guggulu is available in tablet form. It balances the vata and kapha dosha in the body. This medicines must be consumed carefully. The Ayurvedic practitioner must measure your doses strictly. Pregnant, lactating women and children must not consume this remedy.
Besides the two remedies, hot packs bring much relief, if you have pain in your face. Practicing Yoga and Pranayama daily can help the body flush out the ama (toxins) from the body.
I always get my periods early. Next month I have puja at home. Nd date is approx same so I want to skip my period for dat day. What should I do?
My wife aged 30 years has a obese abdomen after her 4th delivery by sygerin before which she has had not for the previous 3 normal deliveries, if there any medication to reduce it to or slim it normal position Thanks.
Otoplasty is a cosmetic surgery which corrects the deformities or absence of the external ear. Otoplasty originated in ancient India during 800 BC.
When should you opt for an otoplasty?
- Cagot ear: This is a defect where there is no ear lobe attached to the ear.
- Cat’s ear: In this condition the outer side of the ear is pulled forward. It gives the person a more feline appearance.
- Cauliflower ear: This generally occurs when your ear looks like a cauliflower. This is also caused due to hematoma that occurs because of severe trauma.
- Cleft earlobe: In this condition, there is a notch on the fleshy part of the earlobe and can be corrected by otoplasty.
- Constricted ear: In this condition, some of the cartilage is discarded by surgery and a new one is reconstructed.
- Cryptotia: An incision is made and the upper part of the ear is exposed by contraction.
- Darwinian ear: This occurs when the rim cartilage of the conchal bone (hollow next to the ear canal) is flat and not folded outwards. The term ‘Darwinian ear’ is derived from the British biologist Charles Darwin.
- Lop ear: People who have lop ear generally have a protruding ear with a central depression, producing a more ‘cup ear’ appearance. The helix is enlarged after surgery.
- Macrotia: In this situation the ear of the patient is very big as compared to his head. So the surgeon makes incisions on the lateral surface of the pinna (outer ear).
- Microtia: In this condition the pinna is extremely small and the whole ear seems much smaller.
- Question mark ear: This is a rare defect. There is an indentation between the cartilage and the ear lobe rim. This is also known as Cosman ear.
- Scroll ear: The outer edge of the ear protrudes forward in such a condition.
- Stahl’s ear deformity: In this condition the outer skin and cartilage folds abnormally giving an ‘elf’ kind of appearance.
Otoplasty is usually done to improve the appearance of the ear in severe cases and it is important to get a recommendation from more than one doctor or more than one ENT specialist before going forward with this procedure.
Hello mam, me and my husband are trying to have baby. We are trying for the last 5 months and my gynecologist done with all the test and follicular study and all reports are normal. I am worried and frustrated so kindly suggest me what to do.
A healthy libido is as important as any other function within your body. However, as much as it is a physical function, a lot of it has to do with the most important sexual organ, the brain. If you or your partner is both physically and emotionally not in the right place, your sex drive suffers. This can create physical and emotional problems in your life. Some of the tips to help increase your sex drive are mentioned as follows.
- Getting the right amount of sleep: One of the major causes of low sex drive among men and women is the lack of sleep. Between household chores as well as office work and family commitments, the first thing that gets compromised on is sleep. Low sleep results in the drop in testosterone in both men and women thus, drastically lowering sex drive. This is the hormone primarily responsible for sex drive in both men and women. Ensure that you get at least 8 hours of sleep daily to maintain a healthy sex drive.
- Think and talk sex: Mostly women and men to some extent as well tend to put talking about sex in the no go zone. This along with the mundane discussions about household life tends to lower libido as well. Ensure that you put in some sex talk to keep the spark alive as this would keep your libido levels and the physical attraction levels high.
- Overweight and obesity is toxic for your sex drive: Excess fat and being overweight is a big libido killer in both men and women. Obesity and high body fat percentage inhibits testosterone production, thus, denting your sex drive. It is very important that you try to lose a few pounds and set goals to become fit as this will work wonders for your libido.
- Meditate and relax: When you are stressed, cortisol levels in your blood are increased as the adrenaline glands go into overdrive. This is one of the most common and major sex drive killers. It is thus, very important that you practice mediation and other relaxation techniques to ensure that stress levels are down which will help in boosting libido.
- A healthy diet: This is possibly one of the most important components in your life which determines how the physical side of libido is managed. Certain foods may kill your libido such as cheese and other dairy products, fried fatty foods, carbonated sodas among others. Some of the foods that are good for your libido would be ginger, watermelon, lettuce, and eggs.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 38 years ,I have a lump in my left breast since last 12 years. Sometimes it's paining also. I have two daughters also and breastfeed them also, then also lump is as it is. So please advise treatment or any test.
A psychological disorder, which is marked by abnormal eating patterns is known as an eating disorder. Eating disorder, commonly known as anorexia nervosa in medical circles, is often a combination of both abnormal eating and weight gain patterns.
Yet, on general diagnosis, eating disorders are categorized into three types, namely, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating.
Diagnostically stated, a person suffering from:
- Anorexia nervosa is usually characterized by low body weight as well as a disturbed perception of one's weight.
- Bulimia nervosa on the other hand includes, persistent binge eating along with loss of self-control and a psychological overvaluation of one's body shape or weight.
- The third category, which is binge eating, is marked by anxiety, consistent overeating, stress and drastic loss of self-esteem.
Although, eating disorder is a commonplace disorder worldwide, the cause of it still remains unknown. A recent research has found that due to the fact that eating disorders reflect a physiological anomaly between the need to eat and the drive to eat, a hypothesis is developed stating the cause to be a disturbing appetite pattern on the most fundamental level. This proposition has been further delved into using brain imaging that shows emotions, rewards and eating inhibitions are linked to neural pathways.
Current treatments, which include forms of psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy have limited capacity in reducing and normalizing eating disorders. Furthermore, various psychological interventions used to treat eating disorders are variations of psychiatric treatments, which are not particular to the needs of the patient in such disorders. Empirical researches have linked inhibitions, rewards and maladaptive eating behaviors to alterations in the circuitry of the brain. Furthermore, abnormal metabolistic behaviors are also linked to eating disorders.
Although no concrete remedy exists, a person suffering from eating disorders could get their symptoms minimalized to a certain extent through rehabilitation clinics and therapies.
Red meat vs. White meat - what's better for you?
Meat forms an essential part of the daily diet of many people. But it often gets difficult to choose between white meat (chicken or fish) and red meat (beef or pork or mutton) due to the numerous health benefits offered by both. Moreover, both kinds of meat have some health risks as well, which should be kept in mind while consuming either of them.
Read on to find how each type of meat may affect your health, and, which will be more beneficial for your body.
People who are more conscious about their weight often tend to choose white meat over red meat because of its lower fat content. For example, fat content in chicken is only about 11%, whereas pork contains about 45% fat. Moreover, the saturated fat content of red meat is about 2.64 times that of white meat.
100 gm of chicken breast has about 29.80 gm of protein, whereas the same amount of lamb and pork contain 22.51 gm and 27.55 gm protein respectively. In this case, consumption of white meat will prove to be beneficial as your body can absorb only 74% of the protein in red meat and 80% of the protein in white meat.
Other nutrient content
Red meat is rich in niacin, vitamin b12, riboflavin and thiamine, iron and minerals like zinc and phosphorus. While vitamin b12 aids proper nerve health and ensures that the red blood cells function properly, zinc is responsible for strengthening your immune system.
White meat contains fewer nutrients in comparison to red meat. However, fish contains high amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which help in improving lipid profiles and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Consumption of both types of meat has been long associated with increased risk of different diseases. The presence of myoglobin, a type of protein in red meat, is responsible for increasing the risk of certain types of cancer. Also, red meat has been often linked with increased chances of hypertension and heart diseases.
These days, feeding antibiotics to chicken for enlarging their size has become a common practise. So, consumption of this type of meat increases the amount of drug-resistant bacteria in your body and reduces the effect of useful drugs too.
White meat and red meat both have their own health benefits and risks, so including small amounts of both in your diet will prove to be beneficial for your body. Determine the amount of each type of meat you will consume depending on your body's specific requirements.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
In periods I have very badly stomach pain so I use tablet meftal pass does it have side effects or suggest me with any other thing.
Abdominal pain or stomach ache could occur any time due to various reasons. The point is we should remain ever ready to control abdominal pain. If we know how to control abdominal pain we could also offer this help to our colleagues as well who are in great pain as a remedial measure. In any case we would have to take the patient to the doctor if we are unable to pacify the patient. Some of the major causes of abdominal pain are kidney stones, inflammation of gallbladder, hernia, food poisoning, ulcers and gastric problems. However, there is no point to dishearten. Here a few remedies which can help you control abdominal pain, till the actual assistance arrives:
If you think that you took a heavy food before the abdominal pain has started it would be a great idea to drink plain soda water. It would provide great relief within no time.
1. Mix 1tsp of mint juice, lime juice and ginger juice. Add a pinch of black salt take this mixture with water you would get instant relief from abdominal pain.
2. Pomegranates can also help treat stomach ache. In a ball of pomegranate add some salt and black salt. Chew this seeds slowly. You would get instant relief from abdominal pain.
3. You can also try this method if you think your abdominal pain has not got relief. In a cup of water add 20 grams of aniseeds. Keep this for overnight and strain the mixture next morning. As soon as you drink it you would get instant relief.
4. After taking fenugreek seeds make a paste of it. Add this paste to a bowl of curd. By this way you would get quick relief from abdominal pain.