Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manbir Singh SarnaYour feedback matters!
What food I have to give my 17 month boy baby? Please suggest what foods have protein that I can give to baby.
I have a grand child who is a 2 years of age. He has developed the habit of eating ground soil. He does not eat regular food. In spite of his mother tries a lot. Ultimately she uses to fed him forcefully become very resolute and stubborn. This behaviour disturbs us as how to up bring him nicely and how to divulge his attention from eating raw soil.
The appearance of the milk teeth is one of the most awaited landmarks in a child's life. The first teeth to erupt are usually the lower front teeth during 6 to 8 months of life, and the last milk tooth to fall off is at 12 to 14 years of age. The playful nature of teeth, difficulty to make them maintain good oral hygiene, and the food habits put the children at increased risk of dental disease.
Very often, because they are in place for a shorter duration, parents tend to ignore decay in the milk teeth. But whether it is decay or gum disease or broken teeth, it is important to immediately treat them.
Listed below are some functions that milk teeth play:
- Eating: They may be exerting slightly lesser force than the bigger permanent teeth, but they still play a significant role in chewing and digestion. Children with weak, missing, or decayed molars have poor nutrition and food habits due to their inability to chew food well.
- Esthetics: A child with a good set of teeth and an open smile is loved by all. This adds not just to the beauty of the child but also to his self-worth and self-esteem. These children feel more confident and are more social.
- Speech development: A good set of teeth are essential for the child's speech development. Improper spacing between teeth or lost tooth not replaced can lead to speech issues.
- Space Maintenance: In addition to the above functions, the milk teeth also help to preserve and "maintain" the space that is required for the permanent teeth. As the permanent tooth nears eruption, the milk tooth, gets resorbed, becomes mobile, and finally falls off. In cases where the primary tooth was lost and not replaced, the space may be reduced due to movement of the adjacent and opposing tooth into this space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- In the very early stages, before regular dental care can begin, the teeth can be wiped off with a gauze wrapped on the finger.
- By the first year of life, brushing should be introduced along with rinsing after each meal.
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis with regular cleaning should be started by first year of life.
- If the dentist identifies the child to be prone to decay, fluoride application and/or pit and fissure sealants should be used.
These are sufficient reasons to take care of the primary teeth, which play a very important role. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Hi doctor. My 2 year daughter has habit of thumbsucking. Somebody suggested femite. Are these medicines safe? any safer alternative. Thanks.
My daughter is 3 years old. Problem is she is very mischievous not listening to anyone. I now have a younger son who is just born. She sometimes try to hurt son. Also she sleeps very late at night sometimes viewing you tube kids videos. Should I consult a child psychiatrist for any medication? I recently heard a tv program about child psychiatry in which children high in ADHD are very mischievous.
My 6 month old baby is having slightly dry skin. Which soap or body wash and shampoo to use. We are from tamilnadu. Please help.
My two yearold daughter is very low weight what can I do for her. She doesn't eat anything is any other precaution is there.
My daughter is 1 and half now her weight is very less every month she gain only hundred grams. She wake up in midnight and start crying.
My baby has dark patch on his face since birth which has become darker. He is 1 year old wat is the remedy for this.
Hello, My baby is one year old. Just few days back, his upper teeth has appeared. He had bit vomiting and loose motions after this.(Not sure what is the actual cause. I was giving calcarea -phos and munotism for almost two months and then stopped giving these medicines, Can I start these medicine again for my baby? How long I should continue these homeo medicines and what should be the dosage? Please guide.
I am 24 years old. I am a student. I have been facing procrastination and laziness in studies for long. I was a good student till school. But after school, for last six years or so I have been very lazy and procrastination in studies. I am lacking will power and discipline to sit and study. I am a lazy person in general. I am intelligent person though, because whatever I study, I can understand very easily. What is wrong with me? Do I have ADD or ADHD? Or it's just that I am lazy and procrastinate when it comes to studies?
Always make it a practice to encourage your children to inform you if they face any pain or discomfort in the neck or back before it becomes a serious problem.